repetitive insults from big donkey

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Carry Rhodan

repetitive insults from big donkey

Post by Carry Rhodan » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 pm

Etappe 6 Dauphine 15:00 Zuschauerchat:

Big Donkey(17:02): Was soll daran schade sein du Unterhund????
Rhodan Underdogs(16:30): schade, Gip hat zu lange geschlafen

jemanden als Hund zu bezeichnen ist absolut respektlos. In dem Fall schreit big donkey mich zudem an. "????""
Ist auch nicht das erste mal, dass er mich so respektlos bezeichnet, sondern ist bereits 3-4x im Forum oder im allgemeinen Chat.

Mit meinem Teamnamen hat das auch überhaupt nichts zu tun und das weiß auch Donkey.
Ich nenne ihn auch nicht einen "dummen Esel", das wäre das gleiche Niveau

Man kann ja diskutieren und sich ggf. auch beschweren, wenn einem etwas nicht passt. Ich fände es jedenfalls schade, wenn derlei Beleidigungen toleriert werden.

Grüße, Rhodan
WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS! Rhodan Underdogs

Robyklebt

Re: repetitive insults from big donkey

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:56 am

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 pm
Man kann ja diskutieren und sich ggf. auch beschweren, wenn einem etwas nicht passt.
Exactly. You could have simply said, that you didn't appreciate that and didn't want to be called like that. You had that possibility.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Ich fände es jedenfalls schade, wenn derlei Beleidigungen toleriert werden.
So instead of discussing/complaining/communicating you demand a fine directly :roll:
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Mit meinem Teamnamen hat das auch überhaupt nichts zu tun und das weiß auch Donkey.
Except that of course it's the literal translation of Underdog. Not the same meaning, we both know that, but claiming it has nothing to do with the team name is just.... weird.. Yes, your teamname is "Underdogs", so plural, made it singular, shame on me. Was meant as a joke obviously, Which I find funny, you as you've now made clear not. Happens, what to do in such cases? See the first quote!

Big Donkey btw is not the same as Dummer Esel. That comparison would make sense if I called you dreckiger Hund, which I didn't. Big=gross (I'm swiss, so if you want to call me grosser Esel I'll insist on double ss instead of ß) but grosser Esel in principle doesn't bother me. Just in case you wonder. Dummer Esel not ok obviously, since dummer has nothing to do with Big. Unlike under and dog and unter and Hund.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
In dem Fall schreit big donkey mich zudem an. "????""
Dude, context. Gipfel off too much in the race, otherwise the group has a chance of getting the stage. You write that it's regrettable, since I won the stage from the peloton I then ask indignantly why it's regrettable. How fucking serious do you think that was?

Nothing to see here except the lack of communication skills by Underdog , Hoping that that's an acceptable way of calling you. Or does it need the plural? What would you like to be called exactly?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

schappy

Post by schappy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:06 am

I dont want to say to much about your own dispute.

But Big Donkey, i want to tell you, that in a game with some german Player the word "unter" as wording for a guy isnt good. I know you are far away from this bad people who use this, but think about this word next time.
I´ve got the magic in me

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:53 am

Aus welchem Grund findest Du "Big Donkey" denn die wortwörtliche Übersetzung meines Teamnamens witzig?
Da es Dir klar ist, dass es wortwörtlich übersetzt eine Beleidigung darstellt. Denn jemanden als einen Hund zu bezeichnen ist beleidigend.

Es ist offensichtlich, dass es dein Ziel war mich mit der wortwörtlichen Übersetzung meines Teamnamens auf subtile Weise zu beleidigen.
Nur hast Du diese Beleidigung geschickt als "Anrede" getarnt.

Aus welchem Grund redest Du mich denn zusätzlich mit "Du Unterhund" an, obwohl keine weitere Person mehr im chat ist?
Weil Du damit verdeutlichen willst, dass "DU Unterhund????" gar nicht als Anrede gemeint ist, sondern als Beschimpfung. Daher hast Du ja auch die "????" hinzugefügt.
So instead of discussing/complaining/communicating you demand a fine directly
Wo habe ich eine Strafe gefordert? Ich habe hier deine Beleidigungen thematisiert, und Du hättest damit auch die Gelegenheit gehabt Dich zu entschuldigen. Aber Du willst ja alle für dumm verkaufen und tust hier so scheinheilig als wäre es Dir nur um einen harmlosen Witz gegangen.
Exactly. You could have simply said, that you didn't appreciate that and didn't want to be called like that. You had that possibility.
Es ist offensichtlich, dass man nicht als dummer Esel, Arschloch oder in dem Fall als Hund bezeichnet werden möchte. Die Bezeichnung "Unterhund" kommt der Bezeichnung "Untermensch" sehr Nahe. Und ich halte Dich für so intelligent, dass Dir das auch bewusst ist.
Nothing to see here except the lack of communication skills by Underdog
Ich werde hier von allen "Rhodan" genannt und auch das ist Dir bekannt.
Dass, Du davon abweichst zeigt auch, dass Du weiterhin auf Konfrontationskurs bist und provokativ agierst.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:53 am
Aus welchem Grund findest Du "Big Donkey" denn die wortwörtliche Übersetzung meines Teamnamens witzig?
Easy, the contrast makes it interesting. The English meaning and then the completely different German meaning. You don't find it funny? Ok, everybody has a different sense of humor.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Es ist offensichtlich, dass es dein Ziel war mich mit der wortwörtlichen Übersetzung meines Teamnamens auf subtile Weise zu beleidigen.
Nur hast Du diese Beleidigung geschickt als "Anrede" getarnt.
And here we get into trouble. So you know better what I think than I do myself? Not something I appreciate. Despite me saying it was a joke you claim to know better, it's obvious that, bla bla. No, that might be your impression (which is faulty)

But since seem to know all that much about my thinking process, easy question:
-Why would I insult you in a subtle manner? What for exactly? Don't remember having having any trouble with you, see no reason to insult you. But tell me, what's my motivation? Subtly insulting somebody with whom I have no problems or tell a joke (that obviously wasn't understood)? What's more likely? Go for it, tell me what my motivation is!
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Aus welchem Grund redest Du mich denn zusätzlich mit "Du Unterhund" an, obwohl keine weitere Person mehr im chat ist?
Weil Du damit verdeutlichen willst, dass "DU Unterhund????" gar nicht als Anrede gemeint ist, sondern als Beschimpfung. Daher hast Du ja auch die "????" hinzugefügt.
Oh, same thing, you claim to know everything. Arrogance. Pointless to argue with you really, twice you just put your wrong opinion about my opinion (which I know better than you, as hard as it might be to accept) as fact. What your doing here is basically calling me a liar, nothing else.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Wo habe ich eine Strafe gefordert? Ich habe hier deine Beleidigungen thematisiert, und Du hättest damit auch die Gelegenheit gehabt Dich zu entschuldigen. Aber Du willst ja alle für dumm verkaufen und tust hier so scheinheilig als wäre es Dir nur um einen harmlosen Witz gegangen.
I'm already tired of explaining the obvious, but since we're at it: By opening a thread in the fairplay section you automatically demand some action by the FPC. Unless there's a clear disclaimer, "just for consultation/opinion, not demanding any action" something like that. If something like that is not there, it's an appeal to a third person (you're not even addressing your "adversary" directly), the FPC in that case, to take action, punishment. If then you add something like this "Ich fände es jedenfalls schade, wenn derlei Beleidigungen toleriert werden." you make it even clearer that you want the FPC to take action. Scheinheilig? Look in the mirror (maybe it will say seemholy!) Yeah, that one was a bit forced, but it's not like "Underdog=Unterhund" is the first time I make that kind of translation. Plus here I don't actually know the english translation of scheinheilig, so not even that forced.

Anyway, hypocrisy seems to be a big thing with you. Back to the first post:
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Man kann ja diskutieren und sich ggf. auch beschweren, wenn einem etwas nicht passt.
I suppose you meant that if I had a problem with you instead of calling you Unterhund I could have talked about that problem with you. But well, I had no problem with you, there was nothing to talk about. But clearly you had a problem with me calling you Unterhund*, so why didn't you think of doing yourself what you recommend to others? Oh, you did here? No, see above. Following your own advice would have been to post in that chat that you didn't appreciate being called Unterhund. But hypocrisy won.

* You said I called you Unterhund 3-4 times. I think it's rather more, 6-7? Didn't count. And you never said anything negative about it. I remember once you said something along the lines of "He calls me Unterhund!". (Could be something rather different too, but whatever that sentence was exactly, it didn't give the impression that you minded) after that the other few times nothing.... So if it's such a clear insult why didn't you have the idea to either mention it to me earlier (or of course open a fairness thread, since you're too good for your own advice)

Anyway, I apologize for the joke
But since you're too arrogant to consider the possibility that I'm not actually lying.... not sure what you'll make of it.

Confrontational? Try more sensible arguments, less obvious hypocrisy and less arrogance next time around maybe.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:53 pm

FPC is reviewing the case.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:47 pm

@donkey: Du kommst also in den Chatraum schreist mich grundlos mit vier ???? an, beschimpfst mich als Hund und dann bin ich arrogant, wenn ich das als beleidigend empfinde?
Ich habe dich also falsch verstanden, war alles nicht böse gemeint, sondern witzig?
Tut mir leid, wie konnte ich überhaupt so schlecht über Dich denken.
Vielleicht hast Du ja Recht, und deine Eltern haben Dich so erzogen, dass es normal ist, dass man sich anschreit und zur Begrüßung sich als dummer Esel, Hund oder ähnliches betitelt ...

"The English meaning and then the completely different German meaning."

Der Witz basiert also nicht auf einer Beleidigung? Auf was basiert er denn dann?
Wo ist denn die Stelle zum lachen?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:30 pm

You didn't answer the question I asked. While I didn't answer all of yours either, at least I made an effort to answer some. But of course as long as you don't get the answers you want, you don't seem to accept them.

I repeat the question that I'd like to have an answer too.

-Since you insisted on claiming that it wasn't meant as a joke, what is my motivation to insult you in a subtle manner?
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:47 pm
@donkey: Du kommst also in den Chatraum schreist mich grundlos mit vier ???? an, beschimpfst mich als Hund und dann bin ich arrogant, wenn ich das als beleidigend empfinde?
Njet, you misunderstood. You're arrogant because you claim to know that it wasn't meant as a joke, despite my repeated assurances to the contrary. Not because you find it insulting. Try to get what I wrote correctly in the future please, your English is good enough for that.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Ich habe dich also falsch verstanden, war alles nicht böse gemeint, sondern witzig?
Yep. That's what I have written a few times now. You still don't seem to believe it, nothing I can do about that. See above, what reason would I even have to insult you? I can understand that it can come across as an insult. I can't understand the arrogance of insisting to know what I meant to do when I wrote "Unterhund". I can't understand the argumentation "it has nothing to do with the username", when it certainly has. That's the arrogance part, where you don't seem to be able to accept any explanation except the one you want.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Tut mir leid, wie konnte ich überhaupt so schlecht über Dich denken.
Sarcasm now. Try instead to assume that I'm not lying that it was meant as a joke. A joke you didn't seem to mind the first times, unless I missed something. I can understand that after a few repetitions it can get too much, sure, that then you don't want to have that anymore, but then, as you yourself brilliantly suggested, why not try to solve the problem by discussion? Ah, that counts only for other people?
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Vielleicht hast Du ja Recht, und deine Eltern haben Dich so erzogen, dass es normal ist, dass man sich anschreit und zur Begrüßung sich als dummer Esel, Hund oder ähnliches betitelt ...
Aha. Speaks for itself.
Carry Rhodan wrote:
"The English meaning and then the completely different German meaning."

Der Witz basiert also nicht auf einer Beleidigung? Auf was basiert er denn dann?
Wo ist denn die Stelle zum lachen?
That part really was explained before,, not sure why you ask again.

Look, I had no problems with you, what reason would I have to insult you? You've answered you're own questions about the WHAT I meant, instead of accepting mine, so is it really too much to ask you the WHY? Why would I have wanted to insult you? Speculate on that one. But maybe you can't come up with a even slightly sensible motivation either? Because I can't...

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:04 pm

Ich habe auch keine Erklärung für dein Verhalten. Ich selbst würde niemals grundlos im Chat jemanden anschreien so wie Du es gemacht hast. Ich kenne dich nicht persönlich. Woher soll ich wissen wie es Dir im Reallife gerade geht?
Vielleicht hast Du gerade eine schwierige Zeit und lässt daher deine schlechte Laune an anderen aus?
Vielleicht gibt es Dir ein gutes Gefühl, wenn Du einen Witz auf Kosten anderer machst?
Nicht, dass ich Dir das unterstellen möchte. Es könnten unzählige Gründe geben. Daher macht es auch wenig Sinn für mich über deine mögliche Motivation zu spekulieren.

Du hast hier viel geschrieben, erklärt hast Du leider wenig.
Weder weiß ich aus welchem Grund Du mich angeschrien hast, noch weiß ich warum Du mich als "Unterhund" bezeichnest.
Und ich mag es wirklich überhaupt nicht angeschrien zu werden.

Du hast behauptet es war ein Witz, den Witz hast du aber nicht erklärt?
Wie soll ich verstehen was Du meinst, wenn Du nichts erklärts?
Vielleicht versteht ja das FPC ja deinen Witz oder Schappy, und kann es mir erklären.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:00 am

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:04 pm
Nicht, dass ich Dir das unterstellen möchte
Nein, auch keinen Fall was unterstellen! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auf keinen Fall !!!! (4 Ausrufezeichen, voll absichtlich, kein Witz, brauchst gleich einen neuen Fairplaythread)

Würde dir doch nie in den Sinn kommen mir was unterstellen zu wollen! Nie und nimmer !!!! (4!)
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:04 pm
Daher macht es auch wenig Sinn für mich über deine mögliche Motivation zu spekulieren.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, well, this last "contribution" made it clear even to me (I'm slow, I know) that any further communication, if your distortions can even count as that, with you on this topic is utterly pointless. As was any previous communication.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:10 am

As I am racing with both of you and read the term myself in the chat several times, just my personal view:

-) For me "Unterhund" was always a failed name translation joke, never read it as an insult, otherwise I would have said something already
-) I can totally understand if Rhodan feels insulted by the term/ dislikes being called like that
-) If so just say so when being called like that. If you do and Roby continues it's clear he wants to insult you, if not he respects it, but just assuming he wants to insult you by repeating his failed name translation joke is not right too
-) Roby apologized for the joke here after being accused

Appart from that the discussions are not really related to the topic.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 am

Nein, auch keinen Fall was unterstellen!
War ernst und ehrlich gemeint von mir, dass ich Dir das nicht unterstelle. Es war nur ein Beispiel, gibt ja genügend Fälle bei denen es tatsächlich so ist.

Da Du zwar mir unterstellst, dass ich arrogant bin und deine Antworten negativ interpretiere, es aber selbst ebenso tust, macht eine weiter Unterhaltung keinen Sinn mehr.

Du hast Dich entschuldigt. Das Thema ist für mich erledigt. Denke auch nicht, dass eine Strafe für Donkey notwendig ist.

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm

@Schappy: richtige Vermutung, Der Begriff "Unterhund" vergleichbar mit "Untermensch" --> Nazijargon

siehe: https://www.severint.net/2009/11/08/wa ... unterhund/

"Was bedeutet Unterhund?
Bei Unterhund handelt es sich um ein in Deutschland selten gebräuchliches Schimpfwort. Es beginnt mit dem Anfangsbuchstaben U und hat 9 Zeichen.

Es ist eine Steigerung von Hund als Schimpfwort, vergleiche auch Untermensch."

I assume that Donkey was not aware of that.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:08 pm

FPC Decision: No fine, no ban.

The apology and the acceptance of the apology have been recognized by FPC.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.