Calendar Reform Proposal

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Yamaka Corse

Calendar Reform Proposal

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi guys is always me Troy McClure (RIP Phil Hartman)

I can't understand how a begginner can play this game if he don't have "fair" race to run (eccept sprint but sprint are boring)
Let's give to you an example

December: how to not do a race calendar
We have December tour, Guadalupe and Veracruz (pretty similar tour in less than 2 weeks) and Atacora.

Eccept Atacora (19.12) can't find short tour for Sprinters (replaced with 1 day stage seems ok)
Was 2 TT short tour based necessary?

November: how to do it fair to all
Andes (Monument of this game one of the most beautifull and fun tour to ride can't blame)
Fuzhou for climbers (8.11) Libia hard tour for sprinters, Lesotho medium mountain tour, Cebu TT based tour

Last short tour for climbers is Fuzhou (1 month ago tomorrow, 2 months probably for the next mountain short tour)

To me we need more "fancy" race to attract people, and of course keep the short tour and short race shorter as possible! Also 40 - 50 minutes.

Yamaka Corse

Re: Calendar Reform Proposal

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

So the points I want to discuss here are:

1)Short Races and Short tour have to be really short in time (as said 40 - 50 minutes for stage)

2)Give to begginners a fair chance to play (avoid some kind of races or give 2 short race when necessary)

3)Reform the group 2 races? Feel like it's impossible untill we don't have a lot of new players (probably impossible to do)

4)Points Reform? Are short races x Points really necessary? (Don't blame for multy, if we don't want multy just ban them)

5)1 Day stage partecipation during tour for all!
If a team have 20 racers why can't play 2 stages the same day? Remove prizes they take from 1 day stage during tour

6)We have to follow UCI calendar? WHY? Often we postponed official tour or stages, there is not a rule for that thing, so players complain about that, just chose yes or no than that will be forever.

Don't discuss here about the time of races, don't care about that shit, everyone want a stage in a different moment of day, well, can't do anything about that, this will be a "problem" forever, just avoid to offtopic with that here.

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm
So the points I want to discuss here are:

1)Short Races and Short tour have to be really short in time (as said 40 - 50 minutes for stage)

2)Give to begginners a fair chance to play (avoid some kind of races or give 2 short race when necessary)

3)Reform the group 2 races? Feel like it's impossible untill we don't have a lot of new players (probably impossible to do)

4)Points Reform? Are short races x Points really necessary? (Don't blame for multy, if we don't want multy just ban them)

If a team have 20 racers why can't play 2 stages the same day? Remove prizes they take from 1 day stage during tour

6)We have to follow UCI calendar? WHY? Often we postponed official tour or stages, there is not a rule for that thing, so players complain about that, just chose yes or no than that will be forever.

Don't discuss here about the time of races, don't care about that shit, everyone want a stage in a different moment of day, well, can't do anything about that, this will be a "problem" forever, just avoid to offtopic with that here.
And of course my idea for every point:
1) Agree with myself 40 - 50 minutes for stages, probably 60 - 70 for hard stages or very important stages for gk.
2) Agree with myself again. Played with that guy "UNIFIN" or something like that.. he was destroyed by the peloton.. poor dude.
3) Impossible to do as it was before, probably a brillant mind can solve that. (My idea was to give a division 4 - 7 stage and a division 1 - 3 stage)
4) No they aren't necessary, just a boring minigame to do every 45 minutes.
Proposal a)Let's give to all free to play players 20 points every month, and let the them keep points from a month to other, (so they can play also Giro, Tour and Vuelta)
Proposal b)Let's remove point system, race are free to all, add some sponsor to the website, maybe a spot that start at the begginning of the race/end of the sprint for all?
5) Avoid a little part of multy + more fun when someone is stuck in house + more competitive 1 day stages (who cares we can have 2 short stages!)
6) No we don't need to follow, just do the calendar how better as possible, fill up with fantasy tour and remove the low category real thing, don't touch monumental and most important stage , tour.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm

I can't understand how a begginner can play this game if he don't have "fair" race to run (eccept sprint but sprint are boring)

I can't understand why you want it "fair" for begginner. Today it is way more easier than 5-6 years ago to have a decent team and to win for them. Newbie fail and try until they win, we all experiment that

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm
Yamaka Corse wrote:

I can't understand why you want it "fair" for begginner. Today it is way more easier than 5-6 years ago to have a decent team and to win for them. Newbie fail and try until they win, we all experiment that

Well game base idea was to split "pro" in a group and "newbie" in another.. since we don't have this can be nice to give "newbie" something more "easy" to race, just to involve them to play.. I don't agree with you fail, you create again.. not everyone has that patience and probably mostly of new user just leave the game after the first reset

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

2) Don't ses the problem. Could you explain with more details?
Sometimes some races are pretty hard (and sometimes they are the only thing to play) and sometimes for true is 6 - 7 time for month :lol:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 pm
Pokemon Club wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm
Yamaka Corse wrote:

Well game base idea was to split "pro" in a group and "newbie" in another.. since we don't have this can be nice to give "newbie" something more "easy" to race, just to involve them to play.. I don't agree with you fail, you create again.. not everyone has that patience and probably mostly of new user just leave the game after the first reset
Just talk about my personal experience but I was quite unlucky to never ride in G2 else if I started longtime ago. The game itself isn't easy to understand. The game was always like that. It is even easier to reset now. If people leave the game after they test it they leave. No reason to sacrifice the basis of the game at all cost for new players we even don't know if they will stay 3 days.

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm

But this politic will just let fall the game.. Untill 5 player left and 1 Come.. We should just think as a Company, give a simple life to the newbie means more nice players to play with.
Have a bad tutorial, 1 kind of stage at time (just watch the 9.12) a newbie with climber can't do points/money as (10.12) a sprinter team can't do anything, game is just BORING very often. 80 minutes for a flat stage, where 3 players escape, 2 control the tempo in group and the other 5 just sleeps for 75 minutes. Half the time of those stages and if someone want to play again let him do it with the rest of the team.

Servers was much stressed few years ago, I don't think that let somebody play 2 time will crash the game.

Keep the game funnyer as possible during boring periods (as december - february)
Give all the chances to begginners to play, and to old players to play what they want.
Change division (shame div 2 shame div 5)
Organize the game in a better way. If you REALLY love that game, try to make it fun to all not only for you. (You all not You Poke)
Or probably this game will close in 1 year - 2..

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:37 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 pm
Ok Moto I understand your point now.

Where I agree:
- we need to attract and retain new players
- game is not easy to handle
- game is not easy to perform for new players
- races are quite long for players that are not used to it, in most other games (not only cycling) there is an immediate or 10-15 min result.

Where I disagree:
- RSF is not and should not be a game where you win easily from start. You have to learn, strategies, etc. E.g. if you play with me to the famous board game "Ticket to Ride", probably you don't win in the first 10 games, because I am strategically used to it and you not. And it is an easy game, I don't talk about difficult ones!^^
- you need patience, some months, to build a valuable team. This should not be changed. New players have to learn patience, if they don't have it naturally. It is one of the benefits from the game. We live in a society that wants everything just right now. It is good to keep a step in reality that everything is not immediate, even on the Internet.
- I spent several months to be able to have a team that can fight on different grounds. It is the beauty of the game, you should adapt your strategy. I have a climber team without sprinter? Right, I escape flat stages! I have no high mountain skill? Right, I escape with a 60-80 on mountain stages. And little by little, I understand the game and my team grows. If every team has every kind of riders, there would be no escapes, and very boring races.
- It is better that newbies ride in the same race of good teams. First it is motivating when you manage to defeat them. And the elder teams can help the new ones, which is very important. Explain the races and strategies, the points of view, the buttons and different tempos, etc.

=> we need a well developed tutorial, with things explained (or at least videos, as noone reads the manual...) + definitely clean in all languages the fair-play rules, which are ugly since more than 10 years, with few improvements.

=> we need to attract new players, animate more the forum, relook the game, etc.

=> maybe try to limit the lengh of one-day fantasy races, with a very late mintact + limit most races to ~150 km.

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm
Organize the game in a better way. If you REALLY love that game, try to make it fun to all not only for you. (You all not You Poke)
This also applys to you, Moto. If you REALLY love that game, do not try to scratch fun of current players, under the pretext to get hypothetical new players, with no plan to who those players are, where to go to find them, how to do to bring them, etc. If you continue defending such propositions, obviously there is a risk that the game closes^^

You think you are right like God, but imho you are wrong: I agree with you that the game needs to evolve in some points, but I fully disagree with you on the method. Your propositions are not the right ones, even if some things that you say are true. Anyway, you do not have logical and well thought arguments, with detailed and well interpreted facts. You just launch ideas, which is good - at least you try to improve things. But not the good way, so the ideas are not, imho, the right ones :)
Sorry but I can't find where this reform will help me :)

First of all, I like tours with IT and/or TTT, and if actually I have only sprinter is 'cause I had not very much time to play before (Girlfriend, work, study all togheder)

Personally. I'm riding Veracruz now, only because there was not other option in 1 day stage for my team, but that's ok I had 2 choices Veracruz or 1 day stages.
So players have 2 choices that's very nice, apparently for no reason the number of choices become 1 when there isn't a tour. It happends the same the 17th and 18th of this month 1 stage for classics and 1 stage for sprinters. Than 23 Pavè 24 Medium 25 medium 26 flat (hard one) so apparently 4 hard day for sprinter teams, worst for climber teams it cost so much to give a different kind of stage to everyone? If yes please let me know but give to me a "logical and well thought arguments"

What I'm saying is to give to all (expert and begginners) more things and ways to race, this thing can help begginners and ofc can help big teams that can rode a 1 day stage during a tour.
And don't understand where I sayd that should be easy to win, I'm saying to let play 2 time the better players, that means less chances for the begginners, but in the same time a various and full calendar can stimulate everyone to ride.

luques

Post by luques » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 am

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 pm

4) No they aren't necessary, just a boring minigame to do every 45 minutes.
Proposal a)Let's give to all free to play players 20 points every month, and let the them keep points from a month to other, (so they can play also Giro, Tour and Vuelta)
Proposal b)Let's remove point system, race are free to all, add some sponsor to the website, maybe a spot that start at the begginning of the race/end of the sprint for all?
Will read and say about other points in the weekend.

About this, a) I don't think is sustainable. Actually already now people who are paying have not really advantages. b) If I remember good they tried something didn't go good.

Actually we should before think about giving some real good things to people paying.

Coroncina2

Post by Coroncina2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

You are right. Game need to do some innavations to attract people. Now we are happy if group got 10-15 players. Where was a time I subscribed in a race with more of 25...

To do we don't need to change all game and we can keep things as they are for traditional players.
If once the groups were splitting doing 2 races at the same time it seem should not be a problem, but I do not know how it works well with the server, maybe something has changed since then and you can make fewer races a day.

I propose:
- MINOR RACES:
Sometimes even the most hardened players do not have the time to follow a full 1:30 2:30 race. Let's imagine those who have not yet understood the operation of the game if they want to sit there for hours the veterans' mannequins when they dare to do something and make mistakes. so if we want to give young people the opportunity to confront and grow without causing them to be humiliated unnecessarily against the super teams, they need special races. I think the ideal are short-stages races of maximum 3 to 5 days with a minimum duration of 30 minutes for flat stages and a maximum of 1h for the most decisive stages. Also some one day races like that.

-TEAMS ADMITTED TO MINOR RACES:
new players and others who are in lower divisions from 3 to lowest (so I assume less strong team than the top teams).
I would admit the top class teams (DIV 1-2) to these minor races only with their own U24 riders and if (as it probably will) they are not young enough they are given random cyclists with low characteristics (as happens if in the short races no rider is selected). maybe no point and no money but a bost in
training of jung riders that run it. ( In in general I think we should give an incentive to young people who run to avoid farmer).

-DIVSION REFORM
His is why it would be necessary to reform the divisions and make sure that they represent the strength of the various teams as much as possible. now there are too many divisions.
first, the teams that remain in the upper divisions should be given an incentive. higher incentive for those in div 1 and to go down less and less.
Currently we have divisions as follows:
The first div is just a summary of all the most active teams. it is too easy to climb from div 2 to div 1. In the second div (I think cause bug) we see only 24 teams and no relegation zone. From the third div we begin to see the inactive squares that remain there waiting to be replaced by other teams down for inactivity in the lower divisions. In the 4th there are the remaining teams of the game and all the remaining teams are inactive with 0 points and 0 races in the last few months will be replaced by new ones. The new ones before arriving in the active divisions pass from the dead divisions 5 and 6.
I suggest something like that:
DIV 1: 20 TEAMS 3 DOWN to DVI 2
DIV 2: 25 TEAMS 3 UP to DIV 1 5 Down to DIV 3
DIV 3: 30 TEAMS 5 UP to DIV 2 7 Down to DIV 4
DIV 4: 35 TEAMS 7 UP to DIV 3 10 Down to DIV 5
DIV 5: 40 TEAMS 10 UP to DIV 4 10 Down to NEW TEAMS AND INACTIVE ONES
NEW TEAMS AND INACTIVE ONES 10 best new up to DIV 5 (we don't have 10 with point just save best once of last 10 in DIV 5)
we can cancel some last div if we thik there aren't so many team to fill them or add more div if we need it.

2 RACES A DAY / TEAM
It could be a good idea especially now that we have more or less 150 active teams and in fact maximum 15 teams per race and sometimes 4 or 5. Obviously discarding the points and money obtained in the upper division race. if same DIV only the tour points.
Mens sana in corpore sano

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Let luques the time to implant what he must implant first. Looks he is in fire in december and all the point Coro said are in his to do list / to check list for example

luques

Post by luques » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:21 pm
Let luques the time to implant what he must implant first. Looks he is in fire in december and all the point Coro said are in his to do list / to check list for example
:) :geek:

Little by little. Actually next thing should be division, the actual system is completely bugged.