Giro 2017 Afternoon (the only real Giro)

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Giro 2017 Afternoon (the only real Giro)

Post by team fl » Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am

Morning? Evening? Night? Get the fuck out with these editions! It's the afternoon that counts, always have, always will. Rest is for pussies, cowards and wanna-bes. Anyway, Team FL will most likely ride the Afternoon Giro, although it's not fix yet (pussy?!). First the team management has to check if there are capabale substitutes for Hugo Marxer's absences. Anyway, IF Team FL riders, these rides will in the line-up:

x1 Nodirkhan "Khan" Kadyrkhanov
x2 Feliciano "Centurio" Centurion
x3 Dong "Dong" Dong
x4 Kenneth "High" Low
x5 Omar "Penis" Pene
x6 Samir "Salami" Sellami
x7 Pavel "KO" Sitko
x8 Fridolin "TschuTschu" Tschugmell
x9 Tony "Hardwood" Woodcock

Possible changes are:
- Serghei Pascenco for Samir Sellami

Goal: Be there, be online more than 50 %, and of course: win it all.
Last edited by team fl on Thu May 04, 2017 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rasmussen

Re: Giro 2017 Afternoon (the only real Giro)

Post by Rasmussen » Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 am

I'll start also here. No idea yet about the line up...my climber is too expensive and too bad to win something. 24 hours to think about i.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am

Donks starts here, highly unmotivated, would prefer to have 3 weeks of Flèche Wallonne, Flèche Wallonne every day. Then MAYBE the depressed Donks would manage to win one.
But ok, no Flèche, so let's see about this Giro thing. Zipoli, Uppdal etc etc. at the start, the expected. Zipoli maybe could try to win a stage? The GC will see, deep crisis around here, probably better to concentrate on the mountain classification or some other stuff for losers.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 am

I am not riding the afernoon Giro to give you a chance to win the GC!!!

Good luck!
-GC: Giro'15,'16,18,19;TDF'16,'18,'20;Vuelta'16,'17,'18;Tirreno'16,Catalunya'16,'18,Suisse'16,Romandie'16, Vasco'19,Andes'16
-Stages won in GTs:57
-Classics:17

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 04, 2017 11:12 am

As if you being there or not had anything to do with the outcome. You're pretty much irrelevant.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Thu May 04, 2017 11:32 am

Don't make me change my mind and punish you again and again!

You should not be allowed to reply to the greatest manager in the history of RSF!!!
-GC: Giro'15,'16,18,19;TDF'16,'18,'20;Vuelta'16,'17,'18;Tirreno'16,Catalunya'16,'18,Suisse'16,Romandie'16, Vasco'19,Andes'16

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am

Please don't change your mind! Again 3 weeks with you showing who you are just isn't fun. Yes yes, you're the best, you'd beat me even with a 50-50-50-40-48 with 35 reg! (Just bad luck that you always had 60+ TT and 87+ mountain so far)

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Thu May 04, 2017 11:39 am

No i dont have any climber above 87 mountain and above 54 TT but I would be able to punish you!!! cause guess what? you are irrelevant :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, yes, exactly, this time you don't have one. That's why you stay away
But you would still beat me by 18'53". Even with a 50-50-50-40-48 you'd beat me by 1"!!! Liquigas-RTD just too good. So stay in the loser Giro at 9

PeterMeter

Post by PeterMeter » Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 pm

A giro with petermeter cant be the loser giro.

9am will kick your asses :twisted:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Wrong sport. It's cycling, not kick boxing or in whatever sport you kick asses. Here it's about pedaling. Typical for the loser Giro (9am) to even get the sport wrong.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 am

Let's have a look a the participating Teams, according to the current registration:

Calimero: Kearny or Flynn? That's the question. The former with a tremendous climbing skill set incl. 59 sprint but only 49 TT and 37 reg. The latter with 69 TT, still Young but only 80 mountain. Anyway, will he start with three climbers, incl. Brisset? Besides that he may also have valuable support in John Quinn, Jim Lannister and Andrew Johnson. A Team made for the Giro it seems. Cleary one of the favourites for the GC and mountain stages.

Rasmussen: Sven Montgomery is the clear GC captain while Pascal Hungerbühler, although Pascal Hungerbühler looks like a shot for the youth classement. As main Support and possible stage hunters, they have Felice Puttini and Rolf Jaermann. Maybe Nuttli will be there to go for the ITTs.

Big Donkey: What a climbinig duo in Zipoli and Uppdal. Zipoli will be probably the best climber on paper but FW has shown, that this is not always enough. They both will have a nice support cast of at least three classic riders (?) and well proven workers. Besides that, Eitan Kaniuk might have a shot at some sprint stages with a more hilly profile.

Team FL: Team FL is the first team in the list with only one climber. Kadyrkhanov or just "Khan" will also only be supported by Pene and Woodcock in the mountains. Besides that, the team has lots of opportunities, either for early or late attacks or, with Sitko, for sprints.

Ateltico Lula: Again two climbers with Karanka and Duliano. Kranka certainly one of the candidates for a stage win in the mountains while Joaquin Sanchéz and Alvaro Tejera may profit from reduced sprints. The rest doesn't look very frighting.

Marcatone-uno: Next to Adriano Malori, despite his 49 flat one of the candidates for the GC podium, Mikel Landa will fight for white it seems. Besides that, Davide Apollonio can go for sprints the rest is filling material.

Hessen Cycling: Brandao for the mountains, Meunier for the Sprints. Although he's the best sprinter on paper so far, the question is if his 48 mountain are enough for the more hilly sprint stages. That's it I guess. What his classics lack in mountain, they make up for it with their downhill skill.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 05, 2017 11:34 am

Calimero: IMO Kearny AND Flynn. Calimero write in the inscription chat that he plans to have a salary of 645'000!
Big Donkey: 2 classics, Sax and Garita.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 am

And I demand that Luques gives us a pink jersey. The kick boxing Giro at 9am might be ok with an ugly yellow one, I demand a pink one.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 am

We seem to have a new contender: Lula cycling team (any Connections to Atletico Lula?!). A pretty new team with two Sprinters but no team to support them... This will be interesting.

Anyway, Team FL will most likely start with Grau instead of Sellami and Nguyen, the 21yo sprinter for Dong.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 am

Robyklebt wrote:And I demand that Luques gives us a pink jersey. The kick boxing Giro at 9am might be ok with an ugly yellow one, I demand a pink one.
Points have also not been adapted...

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri May 05, 2017 1:24 pm

let's join the fun...14:00 is the edition i'll miss the least stages...but probably still too many...let's see
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm

If the old donkey does not win the GC and place his other climber on the podium in this weak field it's clear he does not have the necessary skills to continue playing and should retire.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 05, 2017 2:40 pm

Exactly!
Although not winning and not placing a second climber on the podium (why not Garita as well while we're at it) is no reason to retire. You need to relax, it's only a game.
And as I told you once, we have different philosophies. The fun for me is to try to win. For you not, for you fun is first and foremost to try to piss off others. So even if I lose but tried to win, I have fun and will happily continue losing. Unless it's the Flèche Wallonne.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sat May 06, 2017 1:53 pm

First stage was quite exhausting, not only because of the action but also because of the realisation, that not all teams with sprinters have the "sprint spirit" in them. Consequently, the first stage was won by an early escape. Much more interesting though is the favourite check:

General classement:

***** Corey Flynn (Calimero)
**** Adrian Malori (Mercatone-uno), Miguel Brandao (Hessen Cycling), Evaristo Zipoli (Big Donkey),
*** Gordon Kearney (Calimero), Alarico Karanka (Atletico Lula), Carlos Torres (Rockstar Inc)
** Aasmund Uppdal (Big Donkey), Sven Montgomery (Rasmussen), Nodirkhan Kadyrkhanov (Team FL)
* a surprise rider

Points classement:

*** John Quinn (Calimero)
** another rider
* a surprise rider

Mountain classement:

*** the one who wants it
** another rider
* a surprise rider

Youth classement:

*** Luiz Diaz (Rockstar Inc)
** Mikel Landa (Mercatone-uno)
* Pascal Hungerbühler (Rasmussen)

Team classement:

*** Calimero
** Big Donkey
*Atletico Lula, Rasmussen

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Sun May 07, 2017 11:31 am

team fl wrote:General classement:

***** Corey Flynn (Calimero)
**** Adrian Malori (Mercatone-uno), Miguel Brandao (Hessen Cycling), Evaristo Zipoli (Big Donkey),
*** Gordon Kearney (Calimero), Alarico Karanka (Atletico Lula), Carlos Torres (Rockstar Inc)
** Aasmund Uppdal (Big Donkey), Sven Montgomery (Rasmussen), Nodirkhan Kadyrkhanov (Team FL)
* a surprise rider
I absolutely agree with Flynn as the top favorite. He will take about 3-4 minutes on Malori and Brandao in the time trials and with this strong team and the passivity from Mercatone-Uno and Hessen Calimero wont have too much problems to control them. Thats also why I would put Zipoli as only **** rider. He's the only one who can bring Calimero and Flynn in some troubles despite losing maybe 6-7 minutes in the time trials. I dont say Zipoli has the better chances to get 2nd than Malori but IF somebody can beat Flynn it will be Zipoli. He should win about 5 stages, that means 50 seconds bonus seconds...and on each of the mountain tops he will win some seconds, but not enough without 1 or 2 big attacks from a long way.
team fl wrote:Mountain classement:

*** the one who wants it
** another rider
* a surprise rider
*** Zipoli (Oropa, Terme, Blockhaus, Etna, Pianchavallo he'll win or get at least a top 3 and the Stelvio stage he will also get a lot of points, so I cant see a classic win it because there are not that much big points on the road.)
** Maybe another climber than Zipoli who completly focus on that jersey
* Classic with 70+ mountain

Of course if The Donkey let some escape group win on these mountain top finishs we could have another winner. But he's clearly the favorite.
team fl wrote:Points classement:

*** John Quinn (Calimero)
** another rider
* a surprise rider
Good chance missed yesterday to have a big advantage over Sitko by letting him coming back after the mountain. So Quinn maybe dont going for the points jersey and that's why I would say that Sitko has a good chance to win it as he can also take some points out of an escape on a hilly stage later in the Giro. So I would say Sitko is my favorite.

Personally i'm quit happy with the first two stages. Stage win and Maglia Rosa (despite it looks a bit yellow this year) for the start and yesterday a brillant red number by Strauss. Yesterday a first chance to try something in the GC with an attack on the last climb but everybody really passive. Lula chasing the whole day without any plan was a bit annoying for me, but maybe he wanted the red jersey? Well next time then he better joins the group and he easily gets it.

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Sun May 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Trofeo Fuga (after stage 2):

1. Dani Karanka (Atletico Lula) - 203 Kilometer
1. Patrick Vetsch (Rasmussen) - 203 Kilometer
3. Steve Grant (Rockstar Inc) - 201 Kilometer
4. Edward Cochric (Atletico Lula) - 180 Kilometer
4. Michael Schär (Rasmussen) - 180 Kilometer
6. JonathanManu Bennett (Rockstar Inc) - 178 Kilometer
7. Jörg Strauss (Rasmussen) - 159 Kilometer
7. Jean Nuttli (Rasmussen) - 159 Kilometer

Riders which do most kilometers in an escape group at the front of the race. (It only counts if the group has less then 11 riders and the group exists for at least 3 kilometers).

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun May 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Rasmussen wrote:Trofeo Fuga (after stage 2):

1. Dani Karanka (Atletico Lula) - 203 Kilometer
1. Patrick Vetsch (Rasmussen) - 203 Kilometer
3. Steve Grant (Rockstar Inc) - 201 Kilometer
4. Edward Cochric (Atletico Lula) - 180 Kilometer
4. Michael Schär (Rasmussen) - 180 Kilometer
6. JonathanManu Bennett (Rockstar Inc) - 178 Kilometer

Riders which do most kilometers in an escape group at the front of the race. (It only counts if the group has less then 11 riders and the group exists for at least 3 kilometers).
Very nice statistic, thanks.

About the stage yesterday: I have also been a bit surprised, that Calimero/Seibu did not make the stage very hard. He has the team for it and because of the flat stage today and the upcoming rest day, there would have been no Reg issues either. But I won't complain and I am happy about the stage win. I am really not sure about Sitko's chances for the Ciclamino (or Maglia Rossa), but if i see a chances, why not try it. Another factor will be the presence of Lula cycling team though. In the end, I still think that Quinn will get too many points in flat stages and when Sitko won't have a chance to get any. And as the points at intermediary sprints are not according to the Giro, it won't be make things easier.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun May 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I would have thought that Sitko has good chances for ciclamino (no more ugly red!) too.
Quinn won't always be able to win the sprint of the peloton like he did the other day. Thanks to that he's still the clear winner of the first 2 days for points I think.
Blue, (hope they go back to green too someday) mmh, Zipoli has it right now, cool. Wasn't really planning on going for that, neither for the Giro nor yesterday, but since yesterday it was there and seemed nice to get some little extra money.... and for the Giro hadn't really thought about it. Usually it's some 60-80 who goes on many escapes that gets it. If it's not a Giro for that, ok, then Zipoli might go for it. Not as a main goal, but why not do a little extra effort if it's easy? We'll see, as I said, haven't really checked.
GC: Yep Flynn the man to beat. 80 will lose time each time, but with Boyle and maybe at times Kearney (although he needs to be weakened, and then he risks going out of reg) he should always manage to keep the time loss acceptable. Zipoli needs to gain over 6' back. When... we'll see. 50" with bonifications sounds nice, I propose you all let Zipoli those stages! But fear Kearney for example has other plans, he might want to get a win here or there. But in mountain arrivals clearly Zipoli favorite.

So far:
Stage 1 very unhappy Donkey, gave up his justified boycott of FL sprints immediately. Grr. FL instead of riding first talked forever...
Stage 2 then, weird. As expected sieb, front gone, was 1'30" or more ahead of the group of sprinters. Surprised that Calimero didn't try to go for the stage. Didn't seem that difficult. Of course some classics would have followed, but with his sprint... And when he stopped tempo, not sure why others, Rasmussen mostly, Lula or whoever else was there and offline didn't just try and attack. Behind there were Farkas and Tazlauanu taking turns in tempo, both started unfit, both already around 500 then. And just in tempo on principle, who knows? Didn't think they would be let back. But sort of pressure and maybe it works kind of thing. And got back.. pff. But even then, when the group was caught, green forever, first alone, then others join, Tazlauanu with 300 and less energy still in tempo... just attack and good chances you get through. So sprint, Kaniuk obviously fit, didn't tell chicken FL of course, knowing what a Höseler he is, I thought he would then not join if he knew that Kaniuk was on his way to start the sprint at 960 or so energy. Of course that wasn't decisive, as suspected... it's about placement first. Didn't know what to do. Lula struck me as a trick sprinter. So no. Sitko seemed a chance to hang on me. That's what I would have done. So no. Quinn? Just went for the own train in the hopes of maybe being able to jump on another one. Good news: Other good wheels were free. Bad news, a huge line in between. And ok, Apollonio was fit too. Ok, with a good wheel it still can work, but since I didn't have that... bah, next time.

Rasmussen

Post by Rasmussen » Mon May 08, 2017 9:49 am

Trofeo Fuga (after stage 3):

1. Michael Schär (Rasmussen) - 320 Kilometer
2. Patrick Vetsch (Rasmussen) - 304 Kilometer
3. Dani Karanka (Atletico Lula) - 203 Kilometer
4. Steve Grant (Rockstar Inc) - 201 Kilometer
5. JonathanManu Bennett (Rockstar Inc) - 182 Kilometer
6. Edward Cochric (Atletico Lula) - 180 Kilometer
9. Ali Boukamoun (Hessen Cycling) - 140 Kilometer
9. Cheb Khaled (Calimero) - 140 Kilometer
9. Naoki Kashiwabara (Big Donkey) - 140 Kilometer
12. Nuno Gomes (Hessen Cycling) - 101 Kilometer
13. Martial Nganang (Big Donkey) - 4 Kilometer
13. Felice Puttini (Rasmussen) - 4 Kilometer