December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Post Reply
User avatar
flockmastoR
Posts: 4001
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm
Contact:

December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:33 pm

Hello to all designers! Here is the discussion thread to this year's December Tour design competition.

Rules
I will keep the rules from last year, no exclusion of designers.

-Length: 10-14 days: Maximum 13 days riding. (That means you can do a 13 day tour without rest day or a 14 day tour with 1 rest day)
-No extreme tour, extreme as in unbalanced towards one speciality, flat, pavé, mountains TT etc.
-1 tour per designer
-Maximum 1 day with half stages.
-Tours are posted from October 1st to October 31st.

Presentation of tours
A thread to post your tours will be opened on the 1st of October, you can post your tours until 31st of October 24:00 CEST (or until I wake up on the 1st of November).

Voting procedure
First round of voting will be started on 1st of November and open for exactly 7 days.

The number of votes a manager has depends on the number of tours submitted:
Number of submissions/2, then rounded down. That means:
1-3 tours=1 vote
4-5 tours=2 votes
6-7 tours=3 votes
8-9 tours=4 votes.
But capped at 4 votes, even if we get more than 9 tours the number of votes per manager won't increase.

Second voting round will start from the 10th and last 7 days. Normally the first 2 teams will advance to the second round. If there are ties, more designs can be added.

If there is a draw in the second round, the tour that got more votes in the first round wins. If there's still a draw we ride Calexico again.

Post your design here: December Tour 2026 - Presentation
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not

Tukhtahuaev
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am

Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?

User avatar
flockmastoR
Posts: 4001
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:49 am

Tukhtahuaev wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am
Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?
Thats a question towards Gip and Alk, who are somehow conflicting themselves about the change. IMO it shouldn't be a big deal to get the system back to how it was before. Maybe a test race before.

It's still time, so from a designer perspective, I would plan with TTT back in place in December. But as I am not the person working on it, you cannot get a warranty from me.
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not

User avatar
flockmastoR
Posts: 4001
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:07 pm

Posting of tours is now possible here: December Tour 2026 - Presentation
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not

Alkworld
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by Alkworld » Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:45 pm

Feel free to use the in-game voting system. You might reach more voters, but maybe a little less comfy with linking the forum posts.

Alkworld
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by Alkworld » Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:46 pm

flockmastoR wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:49 am
Tukhtahuaev wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:10 am
Since my current design includes a TTT, I'll have to ask about the current TTT situation. At the moment we still seem to have the new version since the old one does not seem to be working, but is there any priority to fix that in the near future or should I expect it to still be the new version by the time this tour starts?
Thats a question towards Gip and Alk, who are somehow conflicting themselves about the change. IMO it shouldn't be a big deal to get the system back to how it was before. Maybe a test race before.

It's still time, so from a designer perspective, I would plan with TTT back in place in December. But as I am not the person working on it, you cannot get a warranty from me.
Within two months, I should be able to have a look and make sure it's whatever you need it to be.

User avatar
flockmastoR
Posts: 4001
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: December Tour 2026 - Rules & Discussion

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:26 pm

Alkworld wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:45 pm
Feel free to use the in-game voting system. You might reach more voters, but maybe a little less comfy with linking the forum posts.
Is what I plan to do actually
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests