After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Post by team fl » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:28 pm

It's almost July and the race starts in two weeks. Which means Hugo Marxer is in panic mode already. Who should ride it? Who should lead? Who deserves to go for his own interests? Who has to help? Questions over questions. Anyway, one thing is sure: Team FL will be there, in one way or another. Most likely, it will be the same idea than at the Giro: Cheap team, go for stage wins, try to be online as much as possible and be it via app. Anyway, the first question has been answered in the Team FL PR thread already, most likely. So according to it's latest publication, these riders will start in Brussels:

x1 Baltasar Banzer, oldest FL alliteration (after René Ritter retired)
x2 Pieter Coolman, Iceman over Maverick!
x3 Max Funk, still does the funky business
x4 Karl Kopinski, Only not FL alliteration in the line-up
x5 Hieronymus Hilti, latest FL alliteration
x6 Thibault Rossard, GC leader in France!
x7 Luca Spirito, still does not now if it's the fighting or alcoholic spirit that make him win...
x8 Eduardo Spohr, still has to earn his spurs...
x9 Ron Zwerver, Last in the team list, last in the line-up list. Consistency!

Goals are as usual to win everything. As this might prove to be difficult, lazy Team FL might just go with having fun? I am sure Hugo Marxer will find something realistic until 6 July…
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Re: After Giro France (AGF!) Criterium 2019 Afternoon (the only real Criterium)

Post by team fl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:36 pm

According to Insider information, rumour has it that besides Team FL, the following teams will join the AGF-C in the Afternoon:

- Big Donkey: It looks like a H&M franchise: Hisashi Matsuyma, second in the Giro, Hiroshi Matsuyama, Andes winner will lead the team most likely, while Hiroyashu Matsukaze might be there for the sprints. Even more H&M possible. YoungGwon Son looks like starting material too, although he does not fit this category.

- Circle Cycle: Houssem and Hitoshi. More H&M... coincidence?! Anyway, will the team ride for the Tour de Suisse winner or rather for the upcoming japanese talent? Will Springer dominate the sprints like during the Giro? The team is quiet so far about the line-up.

More news will follow soon.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:07 am

Fake news!

According to our inside sources within the team this will be the line up

1 His. Matsuyama
2 T. Armas
3 M. Haqqi
4 S. Kolbeinsson
5 H. Kunonga
6 H. Matsubara
7 H. Matsukaze
8 H. Matsushita
9 H. Matsuzaka
10 YG. Son
11 S. Wiedmer

11 riders, seems they are under the impression that they can start with 11. Or maybe they plan to cut 2?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:46 am

There is a name of another team name floating around although the sources seem to be a bit questionable. I can't feit the feeling that it fell through the sieb of its PR division. There are no rider names yet to be announced but it seems that H&M will have nothing to do with this one… Anyway, as soon as there is more to know, there will be an update to this.

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Tukhtahuaev will most likely also start here. Provisional lineup looks like this:

1. Joaquim Teles
2. Alexis Logothetis
3. Ludvig Andersson
4. Igor Pankratov
5. Bronislaw Laskowski
6. Ranbir Tamhane
7. Islombek Hamrobekov
8. Bor Brodar
9. Asadbek Kuyliboev

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:52 pm

I might start here, going with the climbers duo and probably one sprinter (Vliegen or Wauthier)... Then at least one classic, Bouteiller as a quite sure starter as well as ZIngle (60-80), Gourdin and probably Jung for the flat power. And last spot, if there's one might go to I don't know whom!

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 am

Maybe, maybe I join the fun.

Houssem
Hitoshi
Sandalakis
Rivera
Casademont
Marinheiro

seem fix, 3 random riders yet to be decided.

schappy

Post by schappy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Team Schappy confirmed

1. Marius Hagen
2. Caroline Hansen
3. Joelle Wedemeyer
4. Moritz Gruber
5. Rüdiger Bode
6. Jean Papin
7. Richard Wenzel
8. Sara Doorsoun
9. Mark Schnobel

Most expensive Team ever for me
I´ve got the magic in me

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm

So, all Feiting Siebing riders landed in Brussel yesterday... Well, they didn't really need to as they are all based in Belgium! So let's say they gathered nearby Brussel to prepare the Tour de France.

Team boss already told that the young pupil as well as the oldies will probably stay home! "Achille, Guillaume, Maarten, Maxence and Philemon will stay home. The youngsters need to train and improve their stamina, Philemon is really harrassed after the Giro and wanted to rest a bit and Maxence is totally anti french, so he didn't want to bike 19 days through France."

They are only 9 spots for the 12 other riders! "It's a pity, cause he really wanted to win in his hometown on saturday but Sander won't be part of the team. He got an ankle injury earlier today and the doctors are quite pessimistic about his recovery. On the other hand, we couldn't let the Belgian champion at home with the Tour starting in Brussel so Jonas will be our sprinter these next 3 weeks aiming to get a stagewin as our main ambition is to win the overall classification with one of our 2 climbers. Peter has the experience and knows how to deal with a gc and Théophane showed amazing skills during the Giro and the Dauphiné, they are both leaders, starting with the same chances".

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

So let s start the talk here.

Stage 1 : Escape from 13, Robi and Olympia, mainly for red... Cc/joy counterattack right before the Muur and catch the front group... 13 let fall back in peloton, tukh controlling the gap around 3 mins. Then 6 mins and fl joined, later Feiting did as well. No real motivation to go anywhere so an easy catch 50km before the finish. Good attack from Matsubara/Panagiotis 19km before the finish, Feiting and Tukh accelerating progressively helped by fl to catch those 2. Then sprint : 2 trains a. Tukh with Anderson and his sprinter followed by Feiting, b. Fl train. Fl off it seems so waited really long to go with his second rider, Feiting going at 150m doing the winning move. All in all would have been 100% different with Fl on.

Today can't tell much as I was off. Schappy winning a bit surprisingly in front of Olimpia who had to wait for his sprinter at the end. Fl finishing only 8 secs behind.

Cc loosing really a lot today GC wise. Feiting losing 28 secs on Schappy and 11 and Donkey. A bit too much I no but considering the fact I was offline not that bad.. I think I could have been 5 to 10 secs faster.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 am

After a family weekend, Team FL is ready now too. With the favourite check!

General classement

***** Peter Vangramberen (Feiting Siebing)
**** Hisashi Matsuyama (Big Donkey), Théophane Barreau (Feiting Siebing)
*** Peter Hübner (Olimpiazzurra), Caroline Hansen (Schappy)
** Marius Hagen (Schappy), Roberto Nibali (Rob il prof), Houssem Matoussi (Circle Cycle)
* Hitoshi Matsuyama (Circle Cycle)

Points classement

*** Jonas Wauthier (Feiting Siebing)
** Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)
* Giovanni Pasqualon (Olimpiazzurra), Caroline Hansen (Schappy)

Mountain classement

*** the one who wants it
** another one
* a suprise rider

Youth classement

*** Hitoshi Matsuyama (Circle Cycle)
* Jan Allroch (Dreizehn)

Team classement

*** Schappy
** Feiting Siebing
* CircleCycle

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm

For me the clear favorite is Van Gramberen. 2 87, he announced that Peter will start as leader. Wants the double. If there's a problem, Barreau is favorite. The manager even announced that he won't just defend, plans to win it offensively. Which is more risky then defensively when you have the advantage, which Feiting has on paper. But the announcement shows as well how safe the win seems.

Behind that?
Matoussi and Hitoshi Matsuyama, but one is too old, 87 mountain but seems likely he'll finish the Tour with less mountain. The other is too young, 82 mountain now. Should finish with more, but not enough. Plus due to communication problems with their boss they are already far back. 1'50" behind the Feitings. Very little chance.

Hübner, Olimpiazzurra, 85 with 54 TT, 51 reg, good rider, but he lacks the team and the manager the experience. He can hope to be carried by others if Feiting makes true on his threat to destroy the rest (riding offensively), but I suspect the podium riding will start soon in the back in that case, don't carry others....

Schappy, with Hagen 85-67 flat and Hansen, 85 mountain, 59 sprint. Both little reg, 38+41, they seem more podium candidates than potential winners. Hagen with his flat could be a problem for Feiting though, as seen in the last Giro stage, he can gain a certain energy advantage with that, then being able to follow nominally stronger riders. The team is there, for loading both.

Roberto Nibali, 85 mountain 55 TT, but an even less experienced manager than Hübner. 47 reg, good complete rider like Hübner, but the same weaknesses, just more, no team at all behind him. So needs to hope to be carried along, that means Feiting when in control, Schappy or Circle Cycle when Feiting is on the offensive.

And last but not least, Hisashi Matsuyama, Donkey, 86- with reg, 65. He's there too of course, just last here because I have most to write about him. Who cares about Matoussi, Hübner etc. People want to know about Hisashi Matsuyama!
The team is decent. No Hiroshi, yes, but I always come to the Tour with a weaker team. So it was always either Hiroshi or Son, Son with better chances for stages, Hiroshi would just make me clear favorite for second place, what for.... The team is weaker at the top, but stronger behind that than at the Giro. At the Giro my problem was always that while I had 4 strong guys, my no 3+4 stronger than his normally, behind that it was the Feiting hordes. Matsuzaka, Wiedmer, Matsukaze left behind, max 1 following depending on fitness. And even if all following, was still 8 Feitings there. This time around I only have 2 top guys, There Feiting has 4 (if we count his 2 classics as top guys...) Behind that I have a small advantage. Armas vs Bouteiller, no 3 vs no 5. Then my no 4-6, Matsuzaka-Matsukaze-Wiedmer, 63-61, while his no 6+7 are Zingle and Wauthier at 61. If he has all 7, I normally have 6 guys in front. Don't think that was ever the case in the Giro? And, I'm perfectly happy with 4 guys, 2 to help Hisashi, Son just there. He will want to load both climbers, that already makes it 6..
Numberswise I'm not unhappy with that, not having the second climber to load takes away some offensive and defensive possibilities with the leaders, but opens up options with the guys behind. Regwise I'm fine there too, 65+50+47. Actually was thinking about leaving Armas home, I don't need all this reg really, but didn't know who to bring. Haqqi, no reg no mountain, I have Snorri covering that. Pilioko, ok, as battery, but he seems a bit too useless even for the Tour. Hiroshi Matsushita, was tempted, but he downtrained flat so fast... and now the mountain down to 45 too, so no. Nägele, why not, but why? Matsuoka, not that much more expensive, 10'000, 10 more mountain, but downtraining and then I have another guy I think of as star, that I want to load. Ok, maybe bringing Matsuoka would have been the most sensible thing.... but he's losing flat too, downhill, 74-70 down from 79-75. Still strong in mountain, 75, only 1 down, but loses a lot of his usefulness without the flat and downhill. Attempted attack, some flat parts, Feiting puts in Vaneste in green and jokes that he'd prefer a slower color..... Armas needs experience, so ok. And no convincing alternative.
As I said, don't think this weaker team at the top is a huge disadvantage, even with Hiroshi and Hiroshi Feiting would have been the clear favorite, my attacking options just different. Made nothing out of it in the Giro (not that there were many, Feiting simply did a very good job at controlling), so maybe I'm more talented with only 1 climber. Or maybe Feiting is less concentrated if there's only one mountain Donkey?

So.... clear favorite Feiting, with Van Gramberen, followed by Barreau. No 1 challenger.. Hisashi? Then Hagen? But no guarantee for either to actually end up as no 2, just the guys that if I was Feiting I would play closest attention to.

Stages, the Donkey with an outstanding stage hunting team too of course. Kunonga-Matsukaze, the dream of every sprint manager.
Son, the classic star everybody wants.
Matsubara+Snorri, unholdeable flat heroes
Wiedmer, never tiring attacker, Matsuzaka, if Wiedmer manages to feel tired can relay him.
Armas, to cover Rossard.
And Hisashi, the favorite for every mountain stage.
Nothing can go wrong.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:37 am

Stage 3 : Escape by FL and CC... Marinheiro collecting the most red points to take the polka dot jersey. Tukh controlling behind with a bit of Schappy and a bit of Feiting. Casademont and Anderson with some tempo at the intermediate sprint.

No big sieb in the hilly part, no Alaphilippe attack either... Tukh happily controlling with Pankratov while Donkey was trying to get back his sprinter in the main group!

Last km, the 4 really hard to block, 2 schappy able to escape with one Donkey and one Feiting. Schappy playing the numerous advantage by trick sprinting! But Son never stopped and Vaneste from Feiting profited of the whole situation to get the win, a bit surprisingly I have to admit.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:20 pm

I never stop in trick sprint cases. Educational!
If I wasn't on the guy in front already because I kind of expected one, I'd have simply started sprinting right after!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:20 am

Stage 5 was the expected group win after all the announced offline times. But now, we have a very intersting situation with Wiedmer in yellow, around 24 minutes in front of the GC favourites. While having nothing to do with the stage win in the end, Luca Spirito is second already 8 min behind Big Donkey's Swiss army knife, followed by Günter (Dreizehn) and stage winner and man in the polka dot jersey, Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle). So now it is up to Feiting Siebing, Schappy and the likes to close that gap during the mountain stages while Big Donkey may just lay back, watch, and enjoy Wiedmer in yellow as long as it lasts.

For Team FL, it is difficult now to decide who to ride for in the GC, as Spirito seems in a better position than Rossard, at least for the moment. After 5 stage, the Liechtenstein cycling team is also still waiting for a stage win. So far, CircleCycle and Feiting Siebing both have two of them already while Schappy won the TTT. So today, it is either time for a new stage winner or Houssem or Vangramberen/Barreau going for their team's hattrick...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am

I wasn't even thinking about GC when the escape started.... Armas and Wiedmer ahead, dropped Armas, reason simply the reg, Wiedmer with 62 better chances to be fit tomorrow than Armas with 50, so he stays, Armas drops, not going to misuse him as puller here...
Goal now clearly to keep yellow until the Alps. And hand it over to Hisashi there. :lol:
Today actually big time loss possible, but doubt Feiting will ride for it, Wiedmer would need another 10' or so to be a real danger for the yellow in Paris..... (at least I think, haven't really checked it just feeling) so just winning 3' here, 5' there should still work without actually concentrating on Wiedmer.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 am

Wiedmer still yellow! Great. Ok not much of accomplishment...
Interesting stage, animated by CC. The Marinheiro attack for the dots, then Sandalakis and Rivera (?), then finally Matoussi and lil Matsuyama. Followed by Nibali. Caught in the last km.
In the back Donkey in tempo. Not to chase CC, but to keep Feiting away. At the sieb, don't remember by whom, I planned to do one, but somebody else did, maybe cc before the attack, the 60 Donkeys were 2 seconds ahead of the 60 Feitings. 4 Feitings in front, 6 Donks. I need 2 helpers, he ideally 4. Ride! Kept them away for a while, my weaker but lighter team paid off. Wiedmer with his yellow made it a bit heavier, but irrelevant, at the penultime climb he was going to go with the classics anyway.

Outstanding, Donks happy, thought Bouteiller would be there, he probably waited so behind too.

The Donkey was so excited, imagined naked dances by beautiful women, then he lost 10"
Idiot. Vangramberen in tempo. Donkey looking at Hisashis energy thinks... Ok I'm not really fighting? So today he goes for Barreau? Follow him risky, let's follow Peter. Double attack..Then changed to Hansen. Then Peter. Then fuck it I go. 1", thought more... Bah.. still thought Barreau was the leader, by then should have realized he wasn't. But didn't matter, just keep riding when caught, minimize the loss. But dumb Donks, Feiting said Peter leader, trust him. And made sense to ride with the stronger of the 2, short climb, limit loss, if any. Plus was too scared to be dropped, not following, lose 30", better no risk, attack, small time loss max. Bah. Last km Hansen 1" ahead of Peter who wins the sprint for second. Hisashi 5"... The way it went should have been with Hansen. Depending on form. At least with Peter.
Stupid time loss, all good before. But ok, still 1" ahead of Peter in GC!

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 pm

The 3 random riders, which got a ticket for Le Tour, then were Olsen, Kwak and Lama. No Springer, Palladino, Gueye. Gueye was an Option (reg + sprintskill) but in the end I decided for the "go in escape everyday"-Team lineup.
first 2 stages not really here, the fun started at stage 3 when Paulo and Kwak attacked, with Paulo being lucky and collecting all the important Points for the Polka dot Jersey. Next day, again attacking instead of working for the chances of Lautaro in a hillsprinterbattle, but first, I didn't believe in Lautaro being (far) in front of Pasqualon, Matsukaze and of Course Wauthier. So Tukh worked, and eventually after the sieb Sandalkis helped. Poor Eduardo Rivera wasn't strong enough to Keep up with Lautaro, so the chances for a win were there, but since I wasn't working for 197km I decided not to hang on Tukh. So own, very slow train, and go as early as possibly, hoping nobody is in the wheel. Worked out, though Andersson could have easily taken the wheel at 350.
Stage 5: Early Group, 30+min Advantage, when the Primary Goal was to get some Points for Paulo, offered (very early) not to sprint in the end. Of Course, the idea was to attack in the last hill, going for a solowin, but Wiedmer with the same idea. As a sideeffect of the 30min Advantage Wiedmer takes yellow by some 24 minutes, while Paulo, though not motivated to sprint and stay true to the promises of his Manager, was talked into a sprint by Big Donkey on the very last km. Easy win then, but not soooo nice, regarding what happened before.
Stage 6 finally allowed the team to do a little action. Early Paulo, Rivera +Sandalakis at km 70, Houssem sieb at 96 and the double HM attack at 97. Collected many points, beaten by 1" in the end. A good stage. Not doing anything and hope for a lucky punch with Houssem in the final was just too boring. And since Hitoshi is the captain and Houssem may want to fight with Paulo for the mountainclassement, the stage was perfect for what I did.
Stage 7 promised to be a restday anyway, so loading the tired guys, attacking of course at km1, nobody else interested, so at some point Paulo attacked too, collecting the points, while trying to stay in reg for another possible attack tomorrow!? Lautaro also collecting points for the green jersey, so all in all the first week was quite a success with 2 stagewins and a doublelead in all the "side-classements" + tc.
Looking forward to the next stages.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:10 am

First rest day is almost here, but before that, we need another bunch sprint today. Besides that, the weekend was shaped by the middle mountain stages 8 and 9. During these stages, two new teams joint he club of stage winners with Dreizehn who won out of an early escape group with Domen Novak and Tukhtahuaev who finally could celebrate a Ludvig Andersson victory during this years TdF. GC wise Stephan Widmer is still in yellow followed by Luca Spirito and the guy with the horse lung and rider with three layers of jerseys, Paulo Marinheiro. Behind this trio, it's Marius Hagen currently leading the GC favourites with the rest of the bunch lurking behind him. A more detailed analysis will follow on the rest day, esp. with some numbers. Until then, there is still a stage to ride.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Tomorrow rest day, which means it's time for statistics! And here they are, then numbers after 10 stages:

General classement

01. 00:00 Stephan Wiedmer (Big Donkey)
02. 09:48 Luca Spirito (Team FL)
03. 14:11 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
04. 18:14 Marius Hagen (Schappy)
05. 18:19 Caroline Hansen (Schappy)
06. 18:30 Peter Hübner (Olimpiazzurra)
07. 18:46 Hisashi Matsuyama (Big Donkey)
08. 18:47 Théophane Barreau (Feiting Siebing)
09. 18:54 Peter Vangramberen (Feiting Siebing)
10. 18:59 Roberto Nibali (Rob il prof)
11. 19:14 Joelle Wedemeyer (Schappy)
12. 20:17 Joaquim Telles (Tukhtahuaev
13. 20:19 Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
14. 20:22 YoungGwon Son (Big Donkey)
15. 20:46 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)

Points classement

01. 182 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
02. 167 Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)
03. 163 Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)

Mountain classement

01. 070 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
02. 031 Pizzeria Elite (!) (Rob il prof)
03. 029 Bronisla Laskowski (Tukhtahuaev)

Youth classement

01. 14:11 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
02. 20:19 Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
03. 21:42 Jan Allroch (Dreizehn)

Team classement

01. 00:00 CircleCycle
02. 03:08 Dreizehn
03. 09:50 Big Donkey

Stage wins by riders:

1 - Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)
1 - Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)
1 - Marius Hagen (Schappy)
1 - Asadbek Kuyliboev (Tukhtahuaev)
1 - Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
1 - Domen Novak (Dreizehn)
1 - Eduardo Spohr (Team FL)
1 - TTT (Schappy)
1 - Jules Vaneste (Feiting Siebing)
1 - Jonas Wauthier (Feiting Siebing)

Stage wins by teams:

2 - CircleCycle
2 - Feiting Siebing
2 - Schappy
2 - Tukhtahuaev
1 - Dreizehn
1 - Team FL

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:57 am

My rest day post, but not on the rest day, since we were supposed to rest!

0 stage wins, bah. Best chance was on Planches des Belle Filles, but as I mentioned I fucked that up completely. The rest, having Wiedmer in yellow really tied my hands (and my riders' legs) So after all, I'm ok with losing it in the Pyrenees, not the Alps as the original plan was. Stage 15 looks like a big time loss stage anyway, 10' easily lost, so only 8' to play with in the 2 others plus the ITT, while not impossible could be hard, so won't go all out to defend it in the Pyrenees anymore. Then at least on the 2 stages before the Alps I'll be free :lol: But ok, not going to drop back either, if the Pyrenees are being ridden softly, I'll keep yellow, no problem either. I just won't fight to the last with Wiedmer to limit the time loss.

Real GC still looks tight, 7 climbers in 45", the favorite still Vangramberen for me. The biggest concern for him at this point has to be his manager's time. Often app, which makes it much harder to ride.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am

No change in GC in the first pyrenees stage, not unexpected, although Wiedmer in the first group is a bit of a surprise, normally he would be in the next one.... some people starting to see him in yellow in Paris already. Cool. And I wasn't even riding for him. Marinheiro wanted to make it hard for Wiedmer and yellow by being in basically all attacks? Ok, now I make him suffer for his dots. On Marinheiro, he wants to ride for dots, he can carry Wiedmer, and presumably be chased by someone in the back, most likely Feiting (or have him in the group too, as expected, but at some point he might have to ride in the back too then) Marinheiro goes, first attack only 1 Donkey, so Kolbeinsson chases, only one Donkey the first reason, a secondary one to see if anybody else is interested in not having a huge group ahead. Didn't seem the case, second Marinheiro group with 2 Donkeys, all ok. Obviously not working there. Group didn't go, CC clearly wasn't ready to ride 100+ km to get to the first GPM.... So out of tempo at 3-4 min, in the back Feiting then put it at 3'.... Shortly before the Peyresourde Dreizehn goes, Feiting restarts in the back, gets the rest of the group. Wiedmer like all other attackers already at 900 energy,

Peyresourde slowly, or Wauthier to be more precise, so steady, then it got weird. Next attack by Marinheiro, everybody following again, 2 Donkeys, Wiedmer included, 2 Feitings, 3 Schappys, one dropped correctly immediately, 1 Tukh... Schappy with 2 70-80, but doesn't ride. Correct decision thinking about GC, probably, having 2 Feitings with flat and downhill ahead dangerous. But for the stage? If he rides, that's very likely his, who's going to ride in the back? If nobody does.. get 4', stop, so then do a solo with one of the 2 70-80s, even without downhill hard for Marinheiro, Wiedmer etc to come back. And if the advantage isn't too big, those 60-80es won't be good relais stations either. But no, the group stops again at 1' or so... .In the flat the Donkey then thought why not try myself, Matsuzaka Wiedmer go, Zingle follows, in the back... nobody does anything, why let those 3 simply go? Nobody really had any interest in seeing Wiedmer-Zingle ahead after the second climb.. not Tukh for Andersson, not Schappy for both GC and stage, not CC (although he didn't really look like a favorite for the stage either) And not even Feiting necessarily... Wiedmer ahead, no time loss at all, get some minutes regularly and automatically nicer than having to work more to give him a big time loss once. Later then other attacks started, so chase, so in the end not enough time to get over the hill for Zingle/Wiedmer, but almost. And came back after. Not Zingle, he lacked the motivation Wiedmer had.

Dowhill first attack by Frognet(or maybe that was before the top even) from the classic group behind, Donkey mistake, was on Vaneste with Son, thought no reg, but downhill, if he tries that, he'll try it with Vaneste... no. IN front going with Peter, all follow, second time as well, third time... no climber. Matsuyama off him because it was a 4.... I have very little trust in Matsuyama on 4-6%.... thought most likely he wouldn't follow. Wanted to go in tempo that km to stay ahead of Frognet who was a bit behind, but most likely attacking too... since my old computer is always off timewise... forgot to put it in early, waited to 50", which was too late.. .idiot. Was ready at 30", temporarily forgot that my computer is fucked. Anyway didn't follow, others either following Matsuyama or took following out for reg reasons. So the Feitings plus Teles ahead, in the back rather fit Son riding, Wiedmer helping to save energy, got back, then it was simply controlling with Wiedmer for the sprint, got bored and tried a pointless attack with Son.... otherwise wait for sprint... sprint, and blahh... I hate this sprint. CC starts the sprint miles ahead of everyone else since he made a train with sprint from the start, all the others following each other, so he had it won from the start. Son was still fittish actually (even if the attack was indeed a bad idea), thought he could have his chances, but like that he had 0 of course.

So good day for Wiedmer, but I don't really care about him. If he reaches Paris in yellow, it's not because of anything I do, but because Feiting/Schappy don't ride properly.

Matsuyama not following Vangramberen there.... if he had followed, good... but bad...
good=time gain to everybody except Vangramberen.
Bad=no chance for the stage.
Bad=Vangramberen can again, like in the Giro, fully concentrate on Hisashi, which of course decreases my chances. So ok like this. Following and time gain would have been ok too somehow... I fear Vangramberen can really concentrate mostly on Hisashi anyway. CC is almost 2' back. Hübner is good but isolated, and Olimpia, who most likely scandalously will leave only the Donkey and the professor winless after today, lacks experience. Schappy is ahead, gives occasional signs of life, but no indication he'll ever try to do anything before the last 10 km of a stage. So Vangramberen can have both eyes fully on Matsuyama anyway, Barreau can spare an eye for the rest, and one on bringing bottles to Peter... Somehow winning 30" or 1' or don't know how much it would have been really wouldn't have changed that much..

Ah, IMO Anderson had a chance yesterday.... Instead of having Pankratov and that other deadish guy ride the second climb, ride it yourself! If it's a sprint, 76 vs +/- 60 lose those climbing energy points, so what 72 vs 60? Still no problem. Or drop Logothetis and Teles immediatly and ride the mountain with them too, as long as Andersson isn't fighting too much it's ok. But Andersson riding, maybe have Logothetis dropping already there and helping on 5 and so...in the end 1'10" missing, not sure at all he gets back by riding the climb with Andersson,, the front could have gone a bit faster too (but no real incentive really, going faster for me meant weaking Son, for Feiting weakening Vaneste who I thought could do a good sprint, despite riding a bit earlier, while of course Schappy with 59-59 wasn't going to ride... so I wouldn't have increased the tempo in front. Then put back Teles too... can be very close. I think would have been worth a try... green, which is still open, that looked like a decent chance to get points while the Circles didn't.

Today TT, Hübner expected to take over the pole position amongs the climbers, minimal differences between the others normally. Wiedmer starts unfit, he even sprinted yesterday, so will lose a minute or even a bit more... doesn't matter, as mentioned, I'm ok with losing yellow already in the Pyrenees.

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am
No change in GC in the first pyrenees stage, not unexpected, although Wiedmer in the first group is a bit of a surprise, normally he would be in the next one.... some people starting to see him in yellow in Paris already. Cool. And I wasn't even riding for him. Marinheiro wanted to make it hard for Wiedmer and yellow by being in basically all attacks? Ok, now I make him suffer for his dots. On Marinheiro, he wants to ride for dots, he can carry Wiedmer, ......
clearly lack of understanding. Marinheiro never had any intentions to make it hard for Wiedmer or attack the yellow. Riding slowly in stage 8 (green tempo, even stopping in the final kms), dropping behind peloton the other days.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 am

Second rest day, which means it's time for even more statistics! And here they are, then numbers after 15 stages:

General classement

01. 00:00 Stephan Wiedmer (Big Donkey)
02. 03:04 Peter Vangramberen (Feiting Siebing)
03. 03:20 Hisashi Matsuyama (Big Donkey)
04. 04:10 Caroline Hansen (Schappy)
05. 04:23 Marius Hagen (Schappy)
06. 05:37 Peter Hübner (Olimpiazzurra)
07. 06:12 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
08. 06:58 Théophane Barreau (Feiting Siebing)
09. 08:46 Joelle Wedemeyer (Schappy)
10. 09:02 Roberto Nibali (Rob il prof)
11. 09:29 Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
12. 10:57 Joaquim Telles (Tukhtahuaev)
13. 11:11 YoungGwon Son (Big Donkey)
14. 12:41 Jan Allroch (Dreizehn)
15. 15:08 Alexis Logothetis (Tukthahuaev)

Points classement

01. 234 Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)
02. 227 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
03. 208 Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)

Mountain classement

01. 089 Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
02. 062 Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
03. 038 Marius Hagen (Schappy)

Youth classement

01. 09:29 Hitoshi Matsuyama (CircleCycle)
02. 12:41 Jan Allroch (Dreizehn)
03. 40:38 Emanuel Schachmann (Dreizehn)

Team classement

01. 00:00 Big Donkey
02. 01:02 Schappy
03. 21:08 CircleCycle

Stage wins by riders:

2 - Marius Hagen (Schappy)
2 - Jonas Wauthier (Feiting Siebing)
1 - Ludvig Andersson (Tukhtahuaev)
1 - Lautaro Casademont (CircleCycle)
1 - Asadbek Kuyliboev (Tukhtahuaev)
1 - Paulo Marinheiro (CircleCycle)
1 - Houssem Matoussi (CircleCycle)
1 - Tiago Monteiro (Olimpiazzurra)
1 - Domen Novak (Dreizehn)
1 - Eduardo Spohr (Team FL)
1 - TTT (Schappy)
1 - Jules Vaneste (Feiting Siebing)
1 - Peter Vangramberen (FeitingSiebing)

Stage wins by teams:

4 - Feiting Siebing
3 - CircleCycle
3 - Schappy
2 - Tukhtahuaev
1 - Dreizehn
1 - Olimpiazzurra
1 - Team FL

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Wiedmer still in yellow during this rest day but I'm quite confident Peter will take over yellow at the latest Saturday afternoon. Everything looks more or less under controll for my team. Hisashi 16 secs back, so out of the bonification zone, A bit more than 1' gap on the Schappy brothers, not that much but still ok, then Hübner 2'30 back, Matoussi 3' (even if I expect some big Cc's move)!

So well, nothing tremendous really happened this week, cc tried to initiate a lot of actions but doesn't find the good mates for a working collaboration. The 2 attacks with the climbers during the last 2 mountain stages could have been successfull imo.