sprintsettings

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

kunske

sprintsettings

Post by kunske » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:51 am

Don't know if there was a topic about this.

But this morning i was away from desk sprint because needed to help boss. Before the sprint settings where launch-300-100.
All went good only my last sprinter was shit. Why when the road is open on the right he still goes left with settings? I could not put him on go right. If i was blocked no problem but not here. Can this be fixed somehow that they allways choose the open road?

flockmastoR

Re: sprintsettings

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 pm

kunske wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:51 am

But this morning i was away from desk sprint because needed to help boss. Before the sprint settings where launch-300-100.
All went good only my last sprinter was shit. Why when the road is open on the right he still goes left with settings? I could not put him on go right. If i was blocked no problem but not here. Can this be fixed somehow that they allways choose the open road?
Well, it is just the way this settings are working. When you put a certain point to launch (sprint from 300m) it is just randomly selecting one of the option ("launch left" OR "launch right"). If you want to decide wheater it is better to sprint left or right you need to be online and chose yourself.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

kunske

Post by kunske » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:42 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 pm
kunske wrote:

Well, it is just the way this settings are working. When you put a certain point to launch (sprint from 300m) it is just randomly selecting one of the option ("launch left" OR "launch right"). If you want to decide wheater it is better to sprint left or right you need to be online and chose yourself.
I know that it random selecting a side. But want to know if it is possible that i can choose where it is open. Now left is closed right was open and free 4 lanes.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:46 pm

kunske wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:42 pm
flockmastoR wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 pm
kunske wrote:

I know that it random selecting a side. But want to know if it is possible that i can choose where it is open. Now left is closed right was open and free 4 lanes.
Don't really see a reason to change it, it's an offline help in order you cannot select yourself. Technically, unsure how to define "open" and "blocked", also depending on what others do. So keep it simple, be online you can chose, be offline rely on luck
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:08 pm

I guess it would be possible to change it from "luck" to some algorithm that picks a side based on other riders' position.

But it's not easy to define such algorithm and implement it programmatically.

So far we have not touched the sprint system. If we find the time to improve the whole sprint system at some point, this could be one of the things perhaps. Then it would be one of many many things on the list I guess.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:31 pm

Can I be a bit anal and demand that this is moved to technic? Since this here IMO should be the "flash-react" transition part...

Maybe rename it too, "react", instead of "new c4f development" (as some idiot (RKL) dumbly named it)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!