Marketing

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Gipfelstuermer

Marketing

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:09 am

We've now more or less completed marketing the new version of the game to former players via email. Some comebacks have happened and we might see more comebacks as we approach the big races. Months May and July have the best participation historically.

But the email campaign will be exhausted soon. We can think of a regular email to which you can subscribe/unsubscribe in the profile and that serves as a reminder about the game if you haven't played for a while.

For the future, we are looking for new marketing ideas to find new players and grow steadily. Where can we market the game? When is the best time? How do we do it?

Probably it should all be for free and done by volunteers from the community, but very open for all sorts of ideas and suggestions. And if there is an expert in search engine optimization (SEO) in the community, please let us know :)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Re: Marketing

Post by team fl » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:54 am

Things that come to my mind quickly:

Users may:
- advertise in cycling forums or forums for browser games
- advertise in Social Media

Maybe we have somebody who has some skills in graphics and may produce a nice ad to post...?

If you want to use some money, spend it for:

- Social Media Ads
- Google Ads
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Can we get for new teams a point like:

How did you find the game.

when they inscribe?

could be interesting to know how most teams find us espacially if we start advertising in social media that could show where we should focus on.

Next thing i already started some time ago on creating and instagram it just had pretty boring conten some poeple told me. i am not sure what kind of content we should ad there. but that insta account still excist but has no new post since 2019 because Luques said we should wait with that.
we could resume that account and i would be happy for help and content ideas.

then i also thought about streaming races. that is a bit difficult because of stream sniping. i obviously could had some delay but power for example would still be visible to others.

i still can imagine streaming some less importanten races just to try it.

Maybe we could create a streamer mode where power and form for example wouldnt be visible then.

more difficult to ride then but possibly riding the race on 2 screens and streaming one with the streaming mode.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 am

Streaming comes too early I think.

Maybe we could try to get in touch with pages like cyclingnews.com and ask them to make an ad/write a short article about the game.

morningsinger00

Post by morningsinger00 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:02 pm

One thing that scares many people is "pay to win" games. Making it clear that this game is not that kind of game will attract and retain more people. It's what made me try it years ago, and why I loved it. Apart from the fact that you could play for free, with limited races etc, but not at a disadvantage to those who paid.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:47 pm

morningsinger00 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:02 pm
One thing that scares many people is "pay to win" games. Making it clear that this game is not that kind of game will attract and retain more people. It's what made me try it years ago, and why I loved it. Apart from the fact that you could play for free, with limited races etc, but not at a disadvantage to those who paid.
A bit late, but thanks for the feedback, which I agree with. Changed the start-page (v1.18.8) to mention this:

"C4F is a fair, balanced play-to-win game. Sign up today, receive 20,000,000 start budget and play for free!

Could write more about it, but not yet sure where and how to word this, with the goal to attract new players. In the end, it's something you only fully realize once you play the game. But maybe there is a better way to highlight it... open for ideas :)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:29 pm

Das play to win klingt, aber wie pay to win. Ich würde daher betonen, dass es kein pay to win gibt:

"C4F is a fair, balanced game, there are no pay to win features." ggf noch. Only your skills as a manager are crucial for your success!

WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS! Rhodan Underdogs

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:00 am

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:29 pm
Das play to win klingt, aber wie pay to win. Ich würde daher betonen, dass es kein pay to win gibt:

"C4F is a fair, balanced game, there are no pay to win features." ggf noch. Only your skills as a manager are crucial for your success!

Wie wäre es mit einer Formulierung wie "Race-to-win"? Das würde eine Verwechslung durch nur einen zusätzlichen Buchstaben vermeiden und ebenso das bei "kein pay-to-win" hauptsächlich PAY-TO-WIN ankommt.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:37 am

Pay to win ist ja ein sehr gängiger Begriff. Race to win und play to win nicht. Das man ein Spiel spielt, um zu gewinnen, ist das nicht selbstverständlich?

Da pay to win features so verpönt sind, finde ich schon, dass man damit werben sollte, dass explizit darauf verzichtet wird. Das "no" könnte man ja auch fett markieren.
WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS! Rhodan Underdogs