Tempo / Attack settings in Race screen

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Alkworld

Tempo / Attack settings in Race screen

Post by Alkworld » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:53 pm

In the race screen, I currently have two problems:

1) general lack of space, so if possible, I'd like to remove something. Possible solutions:
- shorten team names (put "..." after a certain length)
- shorten rider names (similar to team names, or only initial as first name)
- remove following popup (since introducing the tool symbol I haven't used it, also available in tactics)
- reduce size of skill icons
Any preferences? I'm especially interested, if you're still using the following popup.

2) When playing on small devices, tempo intensity and attacks are awfully close together ("DJ Wurstfinger" often playing). My suggestion would be to swap fighting and attacking, so the less dangerous button (fighting) is closer to the tempo intensity.

Bear

Re: Tempo / Attack settings in Race screen

Post by Bear » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 pm

2) what about Tempo - Fighting - Intensity - Attack

1) for me everything is important and also I like to see full team names and full rider names. But maybe Tempo button can be smaller?

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:27 pm

Rider names are important. Don't short them.
J-Czucz hype train

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 am

Bear wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 pm
2) what about Tempo - Fighting - Intensity - Attack

1) for me everything is important and also I like to see full team names and full rider names. But maybe Tempo button can be smaller?
The issue is intensity too close to attack button

So i would like Tempo - Intensity - Fighting - Attack
Which is also Alk's proposal i believe
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:35 pm

lennylenny wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 am
So i would like Tempo - Intensity - Fighting - Attack
Which is also Alk's proposal i believe
Personally, I think this is the more pleasant solution.
Alkworld wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:53 pm
1) general lack of space, so if possible, I'd like to remove something. Possible solutions:
- shorten rider names (similar to team names, or only initial as first name)
- remove following popup (since introducing the tool symbol I haven't used it, also available in tactics)
Any preferences? I'm especially interested, if you're still using the following popup.
1. I maybe there is a possibility to add a nickname / tag / short name for each team. The length is then max. 8 characters, possibly less, but must be at least 3 long and unique. Maybe that's an option if the short names don't work. The connection between team name and tag should be recognisable.
With "Alk" it would certainly be clear to everyone who it is. With "Sch" it is impossible to know whether it is Schappy, Schartner or Schnuggeritos. So more is needed in this case. If there is a national committee again, those persons could also check changes of team names / tags.
Case 'no tag': shorten the team name
2. I think we have to differentiate between first and last names. The first name could certainly be shortened more than the last name. It becomes difficult when the surnames are the same and the first names are very similar.
3. Since the last changes, no longer use the dropdown field for following - in race screen. Sometimes, especially after the races I use it in the tactics tab.
4. I don't need that big icons. I think we have to discuss this with the older ones ;)
Last edited by Schnuggeritos on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:03 pm

Alkworld wrote:
These 2!
Alkworld wrote:
2) When playing on small devices, tempo intensity and attacks are awfully close together ("DJ Wurstfinger" often playing). My suggestion would be to swap fighting and attacking, so the less dangerous button (fighting) is closer to the tempo intensity.
Right now no opinion, although I do have some problem with something there too, meaning not used to it yet, but forgot what. Plus no race right now so can't check, but the swap sounds ok to me.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:07 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Had this idea a while ago, that we could have a unique three-letter-code for every team, which can be shown in places where there is little space.This is how it's done in the official Tour de France standings for example (see picture below).

Then Alkworld can be ALK, Gipfelstuermer can be GIP, Robyklebt can be RKL etc... of course people can choose it themselves in the Profile-Tab. There will be a first-come-first-serve on this but with 26^3 = 17,576 possible combinations (or even more if we allow numbers), everyone should find a nice combination.

GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:21 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:07 pm
Had this idea a while ago, that we could have a unique three-letter-code for every team, which can be shown in places where there is little space.This is how it's done in the official Tour de France standings for example (see picture below).

Then Alkworld can be ALK, Gipfelstuermer can be GIP, Robyklebt can be RKL etc... of course people can choose it themselves in the Profile-Tab. There will be a first-come-first-serve on this but with 26^3 = 17,576 possible combinations (or even more if we allow numbers), everyone should find a nice combination.
Theoretically there are 17.576 combinations if we can all choose the three-letter-code regardless of our team names. Dont think Q, X, Y and Z will be used often. In my opinion the short version have to be three letters (max. one Blank) from the original team name.
AAD, ALK, GIP and RFM belong to the easy cases. Since Robyklebt is not the team name, there should be a reference to the Donkey. Maybe its "B D", "DON", "KEY" or whatever. I'd prefer the Godfather version 😏
I'm excited for the battle for "RSV". 4 letters could solve this 😁

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:32 am

Schnuggeritos wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:21 pm
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:07 pm

Theoretically there are 17.576 combinations if we can all choose the three-letter-code regardless of our team names. Dont think Q, X, Y and Z will be used often. In my opinion the short version have to be three letters (max. one Blank) from the original team name.
AAD, ALK, GIP and RFM belong to the easy cases. Since Robyklebt is not the team name, there should be a reference to the Donkey. Maybe its "B D", "DON", "KEY" or whatever. I'd prefer the Godfather version 😏
I'm excited for the battle for "RSV". 4 letters could solve this 😁
I also would vote for up to 5 letters unique identifier to chose, if you also allow numbers and some special characters, I think its enough. Let's check the div 1 teams:

HANSA
ALK
A&D
LSC or LENNY
STEVE
SVF or FURPY
RQK hm quick is hard, but he might have a good idea himself, RQK looks like a Robyklebt clone :lol:
BERG or BERGW or BW
POKE
IMP
FREE
PERRY
GALA
SCHAR hm not that easy as well BOMBE
SCHAP also harder
BEAR
R4M
PUPER
ROMOC
LAUGE
KELME
ANSAC, hm
RITOS, hm
KREAT, hm
TOTO
LULA
MOJA
POUZE, hm? PLIPO, hm ?
MOTOR
CC

DIV 2:
MOBIL
VUVU
TAKA or RTAKA
WAERL
BLACK
CZECH or LIONS
CHEMN or CPCT, hm
FAU
TTV
LUNEN
RSVF or FLASH
SPREE
OLAF
GIP
SCOT
GERA
BU or BENGL, hm
SARTE, hm
FRAEG
TREKK
BAHRN or BMERI, hm
LEIND or DLEIN, hm
DONK or BD
FL or TFL
CBJ or BLUEJ
VIROM
HAUDE or DEGEN
JOY
MTB or MEZT, hm
EQUIN

ok I am leaving the inactive one, all with "hm" I would not directly know who is meant. Not sure probably with an option to "expend" the column to the full name if you want to check who is who. Usually you get used to it quick easily. IMO short name should not be changable, so rather chose wisely or use some kind of manager name there, like RKL
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:10 am

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:32 am

RQK hm quick is hard, but he might have a good idea himself, RQK looks like a Robyklebt clone :lol:
ere, like RKL
Probably everyone should set their own abbreviation in the profile page. And ideally there should be something like the nations committee to confirm that they make sense.

I guess either RQK or RQU. With 5 letters theres also QUICK available.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:39 am

Quick wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:10 am
flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:32 am

ere, like RKL
Probably everyone should set their own abbreviation in the profile page. And ideally there should be something like the nations committee to confirm that they make sense.

I guess either RQK or RQU. With 5 letters theres also QUICK available.
I counted 6 in QUICK, confusing name :lol:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:25 pm

Quick wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:10 am

Agree.

And I'd prefer 3 letters only, like in real life.
Of course somebody will prefer 4 letters, then somebody wants 5, and we'll find someone who wants 6... etc... 3 is enough if you consider it has some 20,000 possible combinations if you allow numbers too...
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Normally cutting the follow thing and/or making the icons a bit smaller should create enough space here, no?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:18 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:01 pm
Normally cutting the follow thing and/or making the icons a bit smaller should create enough space here, no?
Yes, a little bit is already enough to avoid the line breaks