National Championships

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Alkworld

National Championships

Post by Alkworld » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:20 pm

I checked now how to implement the NCs again, and it's actually quite simple in the code. However, some questions arise:
- How were the profiles generated? Roby maybe knows? I also asked Buhmann, maybe he remembers
- With the small number of teams, should we go with the normal NCs or add some restrictions? E.g. minimum number of teams or riders in the race? Maybe combine some countries into one race?
- When should we have the next NCs? Real ones in June? Three times per year like before? Or a little less like two NCs and two WCs per year?

Schnuggeritos

Re: National Championships

Post by Schnuggeritos » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:16 pm

As I'm too new to talk about past NCs, I can only give my two cents on the last point.

I'd prefer multiple NCs per year as the rider age to every month and some rider will never get a chance to ride a second NC. I'm a friend of a two / two split you suggested but I also like the idea of three NCs per year. First race in the first quarter, second one between Giro and Tour or right after Tour and the third one between Vuelta and Andes, maybe right after Andes.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:10 am

oh ... thats nice to read .-)

if its not too complicated: i think a minimum of 10-15 riders per state and all others perhaps together in 4 continent-champion-cups (Africa, America, Asia+Ozeanien, Europa)

don't know the rules of the profiles and the starting times.

three times would be nice --- for example Febr / June / Oct

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:52 am

Very cool! NCs and WCs were always fun. Personally would keep 3 times and no restrictions. Every nation deserves a champion and even if it's only one rider starting, that still makes him the best of his nation.
J-Czucz hype train

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:30 pm

As it's easiest to implement, I'll just start with the NCs like in the past. The masters of the calendar will just need to reserve a timeslot in February and I'll prepare everything.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:17 pm

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 am

My only suggestion for this is.

Only let riders with points start here.

No need to fill the NCs with a bunch of 0 point riders from farmer teams.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:03 pm

Hansa wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 am

That's old code doing it exactly that way :-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:59 pm

The Donkey too late, but like it was works too.

My proposal would have been that we need at least 10 active riders (however you count that (current points/in a team that is active/races ridden in the last 2 months) from 4 different teams to have a NC start. But for the moment like it was works too.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:55 pm

My favorite solution as I like a 'realistic' calendar:
Alkworld wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:20 pm
Real ones in June
with 'realistic' races:
Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:59 pm
My proposal would have been that we need at least 10 active riders (however you count that (current points/in a team that is active/races ridden in the last 2 months) from 4 different teams to have a NC start. But for the moment like it was works too.
But of course also OK if it happens more often and under other rules.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:03 pm
Hansa wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 am

That's old code doing it exactly that way :-)
the last NCS before we switched away from Flash had a bunch of 0 Point riders. but if thats how it should be its fine :)
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am

For the next ones the ability to open more than one tab would be nice. As it used to be pre-flash. Then you could open as many tabs ingame as you wanted, since flash only one, or open the game in different tabs. For normal usage no problem as it is right now, but for NCs.... easiest would be if when you click on show, it simply opens the race in another tab.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:22 am

i say Thanks to all the busy guys who worked yesterday so hard that it runs ...

I had much fun, the races are sometimes very exciting and something completely different to the other dayraces.

Next time + ad online and it will be perfect!

i look forward for the next NC and WC .-)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:18 am

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:22 am

I had much fun, the races are sometimes very exciting and something completely different to the other dayraces.

Some suggestions from my side, in order of priority:

1) Group riders based on team membership instead of total points. The current arrangement becomes confusing during big group NCs. Sorting by points can be done manually but it will be lost upon page reload.

2) Eliminate riders with either 0 points or no races in the last 2 months. It was okay to start this way, but now there are many inactive riders who receive the jerseys and stage wins in palmares. If only one rider remains with points, they should automatically receive the award, or the race should start when there are at least 5 riders present. Nations without active riders should not receive a jersey or win.

3) (High priority but may not be worth the effort) Display online teams
As far as I got it -> Everybody is shown offline at the NCs and there is some kind of hack that the riders don't jump out of tempo (which was the reason for the first stop at 10:05)/quit the race. I still don't get what's the problem of showing who is on? Yeah there are several NCs in parallel and you don't know if the manager really is online in THAT race, but still the information if the manager is active at the current time helps you a lot. Currently the NC races are riden like that
-> Silence in chat, nobody says "hi", because than it is clear he is on
-> Check an early attack to see if you can grab the title without a hard fight
--> if all hanging: still not sure if they are online and hanging or if they put in following in the morning and never show up
--> if noone hanging: chance you get it for free or some silent Comrade starts to chase, all other silent Comrade can profit because as long they don't move or chat they can profit.
Probably some in between solution would help with "activity traffic light" on the team page. Click on the team popup and show a green/yellow/red dot for "online"/"recently online"/"offline"
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:22 am

Yes! I want to add my Thanks as well! It was a lot of fun.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:16 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am
For the next ones the ability to open more than one tab would be nice. As it used to be pre-flash. Then you could open as many tabs ingame as you wanted, since flash only one, or open the game in different tabs. For normal usage no problem as it is right now, but for NCs.... easiest would be if when you click on show, it simply opens the race in another tab.
I tried that, but didn't manage to implement it with little effort. The workaround is to login multiple times in different tabs, then you can have multiple open races.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:20 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:18 am
1) Group riders based on team membership instead of total points. The current arrangement becomes confusing during big group NCs. Sorting by points can be done manually but it will be lost upon page reload.
Easy, will do it for June
flockmastoR wrote:
2) Eliminate riders with either 0 points or no races in the last 2 months. It was okay to start this way, but now there are many inactive riders who receive the jerseys and stage wins in palmares. If only one rider remains with points, they should automatically receive the award, or the race should start when there are at least 5 riders present. Nations without active riders should not receive a jersey or win.
Checking the 0 points is way easier than checking for races, so I'd go the simple way here.
flockmastoR wrote:
3) (High priority but may not be worth the effort) Display online teams
As far as I got it -> Everybody is shown offline at the NCs and there is some kind of hack that the riders don't jump out of tempo (which was the reason for the first stop at 10:05)/quit the race. I still don't get what's the problem of showing who is on? Yeah there are several NCs in parallel and you don't know if the manager really is online in THAT race, but still the information if the manager is active at the current time helps you a lot. Currently the NC races are riden like that
-> Silence in chat, nobody says "hi", because than it is clear he is on
-> Check an early attack to see if you can grab the title without a hard fight
--> if all hanging: still not sure if they are online and hanging or if they put in following in the morning and never show up
--> if noone hanging: chance you get it for free or some silent Comrade starts to chase, all other silent Comrade can profit because as long they don't move or chat they can profit.
Probably some in between solution would help with "activity traffic light" on the team page. Click on the team popup and show a green/yellow/red dot for "online"/"recently online"/"offline"
Getting the regular online status shouldn't be the problem, it was only too much on a busy day like yesterday. The old solution was to have one online status per user, so you can see who's online in general, but not, if he refreshed exactly the race you're looking at.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:13 pm

I think 2 WC's / 2 NC's would be cool.

But the NC's have always been a "mess" like this. I think reducing the number of riders and having a limited number of riders per team(3-4) would make it a better competition.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 pm

Question to the community:

In case a rider has more than one jersey, e.g. National Champion and Yellow Jersey in a race, what would you like to see?

We changed it to show only the Yellow Jersey in the Race Screen and the Sprint window then, but somebody was confused as to why his NC Jersey was suddenly gone. If we show both, others might be confused to see two jerseys (or even more) next to one name as normally you can only wear one jersey in reality.

Which illustration would you prefer?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:55 pm

Yellow, Green/ whatever tour jersey should come first!

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:31 pm

how does it work in real cycling? would prefer whichever way it is there
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

claw

Post by claw » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:42 pm

cataracs wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:55 pm
Yellow, Green/ whatever tour jersey should come first!
As in real.. !
Aggressive Leader!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 pm

During the NCs, there were some discussions about them. As the chat is already forgotten, feel free to discuss these topics here. The bugs we had this time, I should have fixed by now.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:14 am

Old but gold topic: Sorting of the riders (start number)

now: sorted by points
wanted: sorting by teamname (or id)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:13 am

jepp ... sorting by teamnames would be important.

And i think a small incentive with points and money are nice for the first 1-3 riders
different of the category or the opponents

I know not everyone is fan from the NC ... i think its a
nice and sometimes very exciting change to the normal races (if there are enough manager in the race)
an the jerseys are really nice to have