Auto Refresh Online Status

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Gipfelstuermer

Auto Refresh Online Status

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 am

Rhodan metioned that the current auto-refresh can be abused because teams are shown as offline.

Easy to change that in the code, but there might be pros/cons to show teams on auto-refresh as online or offline.

What do you think? Any opinions?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

schappy

Re: Auto Refresh Online Status

Post by schappy » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:20 am

I mean you can not say, if somebody with auto refresh is online or offline. If you see the team doing not changes und dont click on the button you see it. otherwise you write him in the chat and you will be angry, that he do not answered for example. Maybe call it "active" and not "online" to be clear?
I´ve got the magic in me

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:45 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:00 am
Rhodan metioned that the current auto-refresh can be abused because teams are shown as offline.

Easy to change that in the code, but there might be pros/cons to show teams on auto-refresh as online or offline.

What do you think? Any opinions?
I think, that auto-refresh should not lead to beeing "online" in the classical way. Because you can bypass the 60% (or is ir 66%?) offline rule. But like it is now, you have the possibility to fake your offline status, also bad and already been used for that. I would, if technically possible, show them as offline and give them a marker (similar to the IP check).
online:
Alive And Dead

offline:
Atletico Lula+

+ =
auto-refresh online
* =
gleiche IP wie das Team darüber
** =
gleiche IP wie ein offline Team
*** =
gleiche IP wie ein Zuschauer
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:45 pm

I think, that auto-refresh should not lead to beeing "online" in the classical way. Because you can bypass the 60% (or is ir 66%?) offline rule. But like it is now, you have the possibility to fake your offline status, also bad and already been used for that. I would, if technically possible, show them as offline and give them a marker (similar to the IP check).
Not possible without touching the C4F core, but in general that's definitely possible. I just wouldn't touch it for now until we work on the core again.