Incentives for comebacks

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Alkworld

Incentives for comebacks

Post by Alkworld » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:24 pm

As you know, we currently have 20M start capital for new teams, while returning teams only get what they currently have or 15M, if they do a reset in Flash. What is your opinion on available capital for newbies and returning players?
Another topic is the license for everybody. Extending the license is currently not possible as far as I know, but Le Tour is coming soon. So free for everyone again like for Giro in May? Or free based on setting in calendar?

IMO, due to the low numbers of players, most teams became quite rich, so I'm in favour of more than 15M in case of a team reset.

Robyklebt

Re: Incentives for comebacks

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:55 pm

As we know NOW

Reset:

Make it available up to D3. To change when (not if, when) we get more players, back to where it is now (D6?) in the end.

Money: For old players IMO 15 millions were no problem. Bad riders frustrating, but somebody like AAD went from 0 to the top in less than 2 years. But as motivation to come back, ok ok, why not. Don't think it's absolutely necessary, but why not. But if newcomers get 20 mio then reset teams is a no-brainer. If newcomers 15 m, reset still 20m would also be possible, but then with a minimum amount of races raced, 100 or something like that.

New teams: I'm of the opinion that in some ways 20 millions hurt them, higher taxes from the start, so less money for selling riders, not exactly knowing what to buy, resulting in some cases in more expensive team per race, so less profit per race. They lose a lot of the flexibility newcomers generally had on the market. After 6 months (or even less) a 15 million team that had a better (cheaper) foundation, might be in a better position than a 20 million team. Talking about real newcomers. Think other ways would have been better to help them at the start, the extra 5 millions might be counter productive. Maybe I'm wrong, plus it's implemented anyway, so fuck it.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Chense

Post by Chense » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:25 am

Well the money thing. I think all in all nobody needs more money because its easy to build a good team with some effort. Surely a newbie will need some time whom of us didnt?

But IF you want guys that comeback and newbies give better chances to compete from the start dont give them more money but (if technically possible) give both of them a onetimechance to get better riders for a lowered price. I dont mean 21 year old guys with 56-74-79 66sprint but something like a 30yo 86-60 or 71-80 for 10% discount of the normal price. Something they can directly play and compete with. And for the newbies again try to give them better advice about how to build a team

schappy

Post by schappy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:43 pm

I try my best in English :)

For me as an experience old man from the game were very happy to get 20 mio to make a Team. The active teams have sooo good teams at if you start and have only 15 millions, it is harder for people who know the game from the past. With 15 you only can have only 9 Rider, no chance for variaten and so on. For newbies it is better for longer motivation i mean. They need Time and help but with more money it is easier for them too.
I´ve got the magic in me