React Version - Calendar

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Robyklebt

React Version - Calendar

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Nice nice, length of race already in and March visible.

1 strange problem persists. It starts with May, I go to April, then to March, then in March this "22 Tour of the Alps" still appears on top. Basically each time I go to April, when I then move to another month 1 more Tour of the Alps appears.

Then some more stuff, since the calendar is rather fundamental for my job as calendar assistant (most of the things are probably planned, repeat them anyway)

- More than 5 months (nice to have when checking categories from last year (as long as flash stays on it's ok, but the goal should be to get rid of the flash version at some point)
- All editions like in flash. Easier to see what's on and what's coming than having to go to the inscription page each time. And of course to check the times of the past easier.
- Date instead of numbers
- filters..

Ok ok, basically all the features from the flash version...but felt stupid just posting that "22 Tour of the Alps" thing, so added some more stuff.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: React version-calendar

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Some more comments here:

More months available, very nice!

Other things:

-The strange bug with Tour of the Alps appearing in every month after clicking on April persists. But seems only to be buggy there, all other months nothing weird happens, so not a big problem.

-I find the numbers rather annoying, as far as I can tell they serve no purpose at all really. Why not just cut them? DIstracting, no real use. Just put in a total of races on like it is in the flash version.

-More months, now the Donkey wants even more months! Ok, not absolutely necessary. But same reason as before, checking last years categories. Sometimes races move... April to August or so, then have to check the weird copy and paste in the forum... which works, but up to more months would work too. But not really necessary.

-Why not combine "race details" and "stage details". Race details you get the info, then you have to click on it for the stage detail (profile), why not just let both appear after the first click? I guess the part that was "info" on flash (times, money points etc) and former editions (bisherige Austragungen) will be added later, but make that tabs (or or whatever it's called) after that click on the race.

-Date is now Year-Month-Day. Used to be Day-Month-Year. No problem, just wanted to show I look at things....
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Re: React Version - Calendar

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:35 am

Calendar so far consists only out of data tables (those that all look the same and boring but are sortable).
They will be changed to custom, sortable tables (like you can already see in Inscription page - Rider Table). With hopefully more eye-pleasing formatting.

Optimistic timeline: Will be developed during July and released in August.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:17 pm

Excellent, the numbers gone, very happy Donkey.

A few things, then I'm even happier:

1) when clicking on a race show the profile directly. Not have another click. For tour it starts on stage 1 then. (why is the view thing there, clicking anywhere works (fortunately))
2) Enable "all editions". Nice for fast calendar checking...
3) Current races or coming races or whatever it was called, the thing you saw the races of the next few days. And here I miss the all editions too.
4) Enable the description of the race
5) km's? English version of the Deppenapostroph? :lol: 10 km, 42 km... don't think you put an "s" in the abbrevation, even for plural. And if it was, then would be kms. So cut that apostophe
6) Sortable by nationality (used to use that when looking for a race in the previous year, but ok, can do without)
7) Filters, especially once the all editions is up

5 possibly actually the most important.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:16 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:17 pm
Excellent, the numbers gone, very happy Donkey.

A few things, then I'm even happier:

1) when clicking on a race show the profile directly. Not have another click. For tour it starts on stage 1 then. (why is the view thing there, clicking anywhere works (fortunately))
3) Current races or coming races or whatever it was called, the thing you saw the races of the next few days. And here I miss the all editions too.
5) km's? English version of the Deppenapostroph? :lol: 10 km, 42 km... don't think you put an "s" in the abbrevation, even for plural. And if it was, then would be kms. So cut that apostophe
6) Sortable by nationality (used to use that when looking for a race in the previous year, but ok, can do without)

5 possibly actually the most important.
were do you see that km's? Or is it already resolved? In addition to that, it is common to put a space in between the number and the unit (which is not the case in the "Race Details" right now, I know just a minor point, but it is painfull for me to see that)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:14 am

Profile, left

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:24 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:14 am
Profile, left
ah ok, so still there
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:52 am

One more thing here (probably more later, but noticed 1 thing)

How to see the GC of the TdF? Here it shows directly the result of stage 1, not the GC... would be nice to see the GC!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:04 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:17 pm

All of this done in the meantime, with previous versions and now with v.1.13.0 plus more calendar features.

More feedback always welcome.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 am

Very nice, wanted to write it but forgot, very nice.

One thing I realized the other day: If you look at the results of a tour, the stage result is always for stage 1,

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:31 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 am
Very nice, wanted to write it but forgot, very nice.

One thing I realized the other day: If you look at the results of a tour, the stage result is always for stage 1,
Yeah, also when you want to check the profile (for example for the next day), it always shows stage 1 first, can remember it was the current stage in flash? And I think that makes a bit more sense.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:38 am

Idk if I just can't find it atm, if it was cha ged recently or if it was never in react but: I can't find how long(in minutes) a race takes.

Seeing tomorrow's race, 210km length but can't find duration.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:42 am

Quick wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:38 am
Idk if I just can't find it atm, if it was cha ged recently or if it was never in react but: I can't find how long(in minutes) a race takes.

Click on the race (Popup with profile), now it's in the table (last row)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:58 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 am
Fixed.
flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:31 am
Yeah, also when you want to check the profile (for example for the next day), it always shows stage 1 first, can remember it was the current stage in flash? And I think that makes a bit more sense.
Not fixed yet... Somehow that's more complicated than I thought (or I am too dumb, which is more likely).
Quick wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:38 am

This is fixed with the explanation of AAD and also with a re-naming of the columns in the stage list. (There was a small error there.)
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Calendar:

-Stage race overall results are not there anymore. Were there a while ago, now gone again, not sure since when.
-In current calendar running tours used to be there, not anymore. Would be nice to have them back.
-In current calendar the previous day's race used to be shown as well, probably similar problem as the point above. Here too, nice to have it back.
- It used to be that the filter (which I don't like much in it's present form anyway, but more on that some other time) was "locked in" or whatever. Meaning if I look for cat 2 races in February, if I change to march I don't need to redo the filter (or maybe click the filter and then the "2" was there and had to click enter only) When looking for participation etc. having it "locked in" somehow would be helpful.
-Profiles. Looking in the past, somehow sometimes I see the profile of this year, or at least the name. Is it the name only or the whole profile? Heistse Pijl for example. Click on the 2022 edition and the profile is the new one, new style and with the new name (do we really have to name them after the sponsors though?), which wasn't the case in 2022. Profile probably the same, but why do we see the "new one" for races raced when the new one didn't exist yet?

Question: The participation numbers used to be off quite regularly in the flash version. 5 teams starting in reality, sometimes it showed 3 or so... Is that still the case or are the numbers shown now reliable?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:58 pm
Calendar:
-Stage race overall results are not there anymore. Were there a while ago, now gone again, not sure since when.
-In current calendar running tours used to be there, not anymore. Would be nice to have them back.
This has been fixed and should be available with the next release.
In addition, there was a bug, that when you click on the next month (e.g. July) and it does not yet have any races, it simply showed whatever month you selected before. This has also been fixed.

All three bugs were due to a technical change made to ALL backend requests a while ago.
Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:58 pm
-In current calendar the previous day's race used to be shown as well, probably similar problem as the point above. Here too, nice to have it back.
- It used to be that the filter (which I don't like much in it's present form anyway, but more on that some other time) was "locked in" or whatever. Meaning if I look for cat 2 races in February, if I change to march I don't need to redo the filter (or maybe click the filter and then the "2" was there and had to click enter only) When looking for participation etc. having it "locked in" somehow would be helpful.
-Profiles. Looking in the past, somehow sometimes I see the profile of this year, or at least the name. Is it the name only or the whole profile? Heistse Pijl for example. Click on the 2022 edition and the profile is the new one, new style and with the new name (do we really have to name them after the sponsors though?), which wasn't the case in 2022. Profile probably the same, but why do we see the "new one" for races raced when the new one didn't exist yet?

Question: The participation numbers used to be off quite regularly in the flash version. 5 teams starting in reality, sometimes it showed 3 or so... Is that still the case or are the numbers shown now reliable?
- The first point relates to Flash? Isn't it counter-intuitive to have previous day's races under current? Can be added, but to me seems more logical to have only ongoing and future races there.

- The second point must relate to React, but I am not aware of any change there actually. When you click on a month, only those races are loaded, so this pre-set filter is a bit tricky to implement, I think. Can be done, but I guess not highest priority (even as a calendar planner not THAT important to me for now.)

- Profiles: Correct observation. This happens if and only if the 2022 profile has been re-used in 2023 through the new editor. For example, Heistse Pijl is exactly the same profile as 2022, so the picture got updated with the new 2023 version.

- Regarding the naming, some designers started using the official name in combination with the "recurringEvent"-Feature, which will ensure in the future, that even with different names, the same event history will be shown in the Race History. Because every recurring Event has a unique ID. I am still in the process of collecting all the recurring Events (283 so far) as I am going month by month as a calendar planner. The plan is to show the list somewhere in React, too, potentially in combination to all the custom leader jerseys. Each recurringEvent will have it's ID, the "old name" used and the "current name" used, which can change from year to year without affecting the Race History. The sponsors in the title are not ideal, I agree, but it's an easy way to simply use the UCI database and the names included there sometimes contain a sponsor name. Regarding the legality of using those official names, I am pretty sure it's legal at this stage, especially because the website is absolutely non-profit.

- On the last question, the backend is now way more robust than in the past, so those numbers are much more precise. Are they always 100% precise? I cannot guarantee.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:03 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 pm
- The first point relates to Flash? Isn't it counter-intuitive to have previous day's races under current? Can be added, but to me seems more logical to have only ongoing and future races there.
Nope, for a fast way to find the results of the previous day it was useful. Can be put on the home screen too if that's more logical, but it used to be somewhere (and I think was calendar, current races) now nowhere anymore.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 pm
- The second point must relate to React, but I am not aware of any change there actually. When you click on a month, only those races are loaded, so this pre-set filter is a bit tricky to implement, I think. Can be done, but I guess not highest priority (even as a calendar planner not THAT important to me for now.)
Calendar planner, excellent just checked and saw that somebody FINALLY managed to take the label off my team. Great. Thanks.
Yes react, and before, flash, used to be like this: open the search, put in some data. click. it sorts. Change month, open the search, just click enter because the search criteria you entered were still there, you just had to reactivate them. If that's the correct word. Now as soon as you change month, reopen the filter you have to put in the search criteria again. Would be nice if the criteria would still be there. Not sure if my explanation is clear enough... get it?

Ok, thanks got it on the last 2 points.