New C4F - Released Version

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Alkworld

New C4F - Released Version

Post by Alkworld » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:27 am

Hi everybody,

some of you already saw the latest improvements in the non-flash version (based on React, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/React_(Ja ... t_library), if you're interested in the technology), so it's time to announce it publicly:
A first version is released and is available for everyone on http://cycling4freaks.com/c4f-2.0/c4f-react/

First a note on how we are proceeding. The first big step we called "Make new C4F playable", which means that it mostly won't be as good as the flash version, but it will be playable without app or flash version. A later step will be to improve the new C4F to be as good or even better than the Flash version. Important to know is that we won't touch the C4F core (race physics etc.), only the frontend.

What is already changed?

Race
  • Sprint (at least some working version)
  • extended tempo settings
  • usability improvements (imo even better than flash version requiring less clicks)
  • bugfixes for extended tempo settings
  • visitors chat available to everyone after the race
  • seeing inscriptions without the need for signing up
  • convenience features for sorting inscribed riders and filling empty spots
Next Steps
  • ITT and TTT
  • Transfermarket
  • Race Calendar
  • Statistics
  • etc.

team fl

Re: New C4F - Released Version

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 am

Great stuff, keep it up!
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:40 am

A few more important notes here:
  • If you find any issues, please post them here in the forum (http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... f=5&t=7990). Please also let us know which browser / operating system you're using
  • If you are interested in helping and have some experience in software development or with JIRA, e.g. for organizing bug fixes, we could use some help
  • If you're still in contact with former players, which stopped because they could only play with the Luques React version, get in touch with them again :)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:55 am

Alkworld wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:40 am
A few more important notes here:
  • If you find any issues, please post them here in the forum (http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... f=5&t=7990). Please also let us know which browser / operating system you're using
  • If you are interested in helping and have some experience in software development or with JIRA, e.g. for organizing bug fixes, we could use some help
  • If you're still in contact with former players, which stopped because they could only play with the Luques React version, get in touch with them again :)
Really great work so far. I see that the inscription page is already updated. Wonderfull.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Kelme-Movistar

Post by Kelme-Movistar » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:06 pm

Dear Alkworld and Team,

Thank you so much. I hope it will work, then I'm promptly back on track.
My team is retired, so I have to wait for the transfer market to test races. ( Because Team reset doesn't work currently )

I'm so enthusiastic. :-)
With best regards

Kelme-Movistar

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:42 pm

Kelme-Movistar wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:06 pm
Dear Alkworld and Team,

My team is retired, so I have to wait for the transfer market to test races. ( Because Team reset doesn't work currently )

What about using the portable firefox-version now for the restart and then switch to the new version?
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... f=3&t=7989

Welcome back!
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:39 pm

Kelme-Movistar wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:06 pm
Dear Alkworld and Team,

Transfermarket is almost ready, we just took it out for the public version, as it hasn't been tested enough. You can also try the Android app, if you have a suitable device (link on the new start page http://cycling4freaks.com/c4f-2.0/c4f-react/)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 am

I'm not completely sure if that's actually the right thread, if not move this post to the right one. It's not really "issues" as in bugs, where the link above points too... so try here.

General chat: Are you sure you started from the last version there? There seems to be regression in the general chat compared to the last new version by Luques. The capital/small letter thing depending on how you signed in, now fairness vote visible... that seemed done in the last Luqes version.

And since I'm here, if I understood it correctly now you'll move on from the race a bit do Transfermarket and Calender etc?

I think having sortable tables in the race is pretty fundamental and should be done as fast as possible. Imagine a 15 team race (and of course that's what we're hoping to have soon I assume) and you have to figure out the favorites, or riders of similar strength to follow .I think sortability should be priority number 1 right now. Before any other thing. Following, helping from race screen, the instrument there wait a bit, but sortability should be there I think.
And ideally less scrolling... but you've probably been told that 100 times already.
Automatic refresh, or at least if you write in the chat it refreshes the race too, the other way around now seems in.
Those 2 issues can wait for after the TM or calendar though, no problem, it's sorting that is imporant right now.

Not convinced by the innovation btw, everybody in the race can see the spectator chat automatically. Was such a nice place to insult others... :lol: But ok, like it used to be before flash, you can see it after the race, but at least you have to do an effort and go to it separately. Not a big issue, just strange to spend time on such an innovation when we have more important stuff like sortability.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:59 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 am
just strange to spend time on such an innovation when we have more important stuff like sortability.
It's another way for Alk and me to be able to talk to you and others in order to get feedback. Not so much you actually, because you write here in the forum anyway, but many others never visit the forum, only give feedback / reply in race chat, so it's good for us to be able to read that and communicate there.

The other feedback is very valuable. It's mostly things that are on our list (currently some 100 issues on our board...), but your feedback is extremely helpful to know what we need to prioritize (and what not!).

Sorting, yes! Not sure if you noticed, it's implemented on the other tabs already. (GC-tab for example). A bit more complicated on the race tab... but yes, most important on race tab of course... we will get there.

In general, I can promise that we will release updates more often than it has been done previously, but not surprising as you've been waiting for updates for 1.5 years... but as we do all this in our free time, I can not promise how often/regular it will be.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:20 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:11 am
Sorting, yes! Not sure if you noticed, it's implemented on the other tabs already.
Ok, forget sorting, it's there. Somehow when I tried yesterday I thought it wasn't working. Thought I tried on the GC tab maybe missclicked, or forgot to click? Hihi. But forget it then, GC tab for the moment is enough, so no need to prioritize other sorting... forget my post, transfermarket etc next then is indeed sensible.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:22 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:20 am
forget my post, transfermarket etc next then is indeed sensible.
Forgot it but some more info from Alkworld and me nonetheless:

- Sorting: you found it, unfortunately it doesn't display the small arrows, which it actually should according to the table library. Sorting in the race itself is a lot harder, as I can't use this table library there, so everything is coded manually
- chat: Technically, there's a new chat component, which is used all over. Therefore it also changed in the main chat
- spectator chat: now only open after the race, fixed that now
- tool symbol, setting helping in race tab: After playing 1.5 years only with the Luques version, I stopped missing it ;) But it's high on the priority list after the game is fully playable also for potential new players or the ones coming back, i.e. we need transfermarket, signing up for the game, team page and the race calendar.

And if you're wondering, why we are implementing one feature first or the other, it often depends on how simple it is. Opening visitor chat after the race was extremely simple, while sorting the race screen (thought about that, too) I don't even have an idea how to do it.

And anyway, for each major topic (layout, tactic settings, sprint, missing functions etc) we can open a thread in this forum. We're eager for getting input.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun May 08, 2022 5:06 pm

General feedback:

- You might want to think about making threads for feedback and stuff, if nobody knows where to post, it's discouraging.

- Race screen. Much much much better. But IMO it could just a bit tighter. Right now when I see the rider on top in the race, I don't see the chat, just. To see the top 2 lines in the chat there's 2.5 riders too many... Maybe you all have bigger screens, but for me would be nice to see both without having to scroll.

-Transfer market: Youth integrated into the general population. Separate like until now better. REasons:
a) I'm used to it. Bad reason, yes
b) Might confuse new or newer users. 20 year olds, yeah, buy them, then they have to wait until the month changes to have them... not ideal.

-Transfer market II: What is negotiation?

- Calendar: Looks like it's still not fully done, which is ok. But one nice thing to have for the moment would be if for stage races the list of stages appears in detail too after you click, so you don't have to go back and forth.

Then go directly to overview when you go there.. (or later coming races once that is in too), not a blank page needing another click.
Calendar btw changing between the months doesn't seem to be really working right now, march nothing at all appears, respectively nothing changes, so you just get the races of the month you looked at before. April yes, but when I then go back to May the Tour of Alps appears there too... (but I'm aware the calendar is probably work in progress)

Addition: Nice idea to put the mintact in on the race detail page! Easier to spot weird mintacts. But maybe both the mintact and the duration would be nice?

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 am

- You might want to think about making threads for feedback and stuff, if nobody knows where to post, it's discouraging.
Any help in organizing this is appreciated. Time spent here is not spent on implementation ;)
-Transfer market: Youth integrated into the general population. Separate like until now better. REasons:
a) I'm used to it. Bad reason, yes
b) Might confuse new or newer users. 20 year olds, yeah, buy them, then they have to wait until the month changes to have them... not ideal.
More info certainly would help, need to add this. I like the integration, especially at the beginning of the month when you have 21yo in both markets. But feel free to discuss it.
-Transfer market II: What is negotiation?
It's the tab that opens when you click on a rider. Could be disables, before clicking on any rider.
- Calendar: Looks like it's still not fully done, which is ok. But one nice thing to have for the moment would be if for stage races the list of stages appears in detail too after you click, so you don't have to go back and forth.
Definitely not fully done, will be improved later on
Calendar btw changing between the months doesn't seem to be really working right now, march nothing at all appears, respectively nothing changes, so you just get the races of the month you looked at before.
March has a race with special characters, so in the end nothing is displayed. Will fix that some time
Addition: Nice idea to put the mintact in on the race detail page! Easier to spot weird mintacts. But maybe both the mintact and the duration would be nice?
Will add that at some point

IDF

Post by IDF » Fri May 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Hi, some questions :

1) I raced a course on the new version and the "current" version : i put sprint on my riders (for the final sprint), the window was available on your new version while it wasn't shown on the current version.. that's normal?
2) On the new version, i made this sprint, so as i said before, i could see the window but one thing is difficult to understand : i was on the left side, against the wall ( :D ) , my rider 1 in front of my rider 2... My rider number 2 sprinted on the left (so against the wall :D )... and 50m later, he was able to overtake the number 1... that's a thing that you have already noticed?

Thx
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri May 13, 2022 12:18 pm

IDF wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:04 pm
Hi, some questions :

1) I raced a course on the new version and the "current" version : i put sprint on my riders (for the final sprint), the window was available on your new version while it wasn't shown on the current version.. that's normal?
2) On the new version, i made this sprint, so as i said before, i could see the window but one thing is difficult to understand : i was on the left side, against the wall ( :D ) , my rider 1 in front of my rider 2... My rider number 2 sprinted on the left (so against the wall :D )... and 50m later, he was able to overtake the number 1... that's a thing that you have already noticed?

Thx
Running both versions in parallel can get confusing. The display of the sprint however will be whatever was in the database at that time, so a lot depends on where you refresh at which time.
The display of the sprint itself is also static, it just shows what's in the database. The sprint code itself was not touched. It still looks quite weird as the sprinters are always aligned to the left (slowest sprinter always on the left, rest put accordingly to the right). We need to improve that once the more important features are there.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 am
Any help in organizing this is appreciated. Time spent here is not spent on implementation ;)
Yes yes, but communication is part of the job too. And you do it, release notes on the start page, and you post them in the chat too.

As a forum fanatic I would prefer it to be posted here as well. This thread seems perfect. As a permanent record too, in the chat it disappears after a while.... so not to cluster this thread further I leave it now and open another thread for the other things I want to say.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon May 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:22 pm
Alkworld wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 am
Yes yes, but communication is part of the job too. And you do it, release notes on the start page, and you post them in the chat too.

As a forum fanatic I would prefer it to be posted here as well. This thread seems perfect. As a permanent record too, in the chat it disappears after a while.... so not to cluster this thread further I leave it now and open another thread for the other things I want to say.
Good idea, will do a release notes thread. It's anyway only copy/pasted in all places

Bear

Post by Bear » Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 pm

Anybody else realized the pavé skill on react team page is shown wrong? I dont have somebody over 80 in react. Maybe this is already a known problem, then sorry for that.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon May 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Bear wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:54 pm
Anybody else realized the pavé skill on react team page is shown wrong? I dont have somebody over 80 in react. Maybe this is already a known problem, then sorry for that.
It's the internal pavé skill (from the database), didnt have time yet in implement the calculation of real pave in that place.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:04 pm

03.06. 20:00 New RSF Race site crashed, i still can login but i cant see the race if i go to race. get a full blank page.
it was working from 19-20H without any problems.

i still can reach every other tab like calender, transfermarket, training only the "race" part is down.

on flash still running.

edit 20:17 working again.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:56 pm

The general chat can be used for all sorts of questions and answers. Please respect fairplay in the chat. Insults and other offenses can lead to fines and bans.
Mandate for writing idiocies like that above the general chat?

Insults and other offenses in the general chat can lead to bans? What other offenses? Since when bans? Sorry, this is not what you are supposed to do, especially not when one of you (Gipfel) has made it very clear that he hides behind the lack of mandate to avoid doing anything against bugusing.

You can't have it both ways, take this idiocy off there immediately, post an apology for the overreach of your authority.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:38 pm

Still there I see.
The general chat can be used for all sorts of questions and answers. Please respect fairplay in the chat. Insults and other offenses can lead to fines and bans.
Who had the idea to write this text there and why? There's so much wrong with it...

1) It's unnecessary. I doubt we had a user who didn't understand what the general chat was for. It says "chat" for god's sake, what the bloody hell could it be?
2) It's insulting. To users. It somehow assumes we're a bunch of idiots who didn't realize that the "general chat can be used for all sort of questions and answers"
3) It's potentially misleading. By specifically mentioning something for what the chat can be used for (all sort of questions and answers), you automatically raise the question if other, not mentioned uses (comment, congratulate, criticize, poetry for your own enjoyment) are permitted as well.
4) The second part of course isn't any better. It's a nebulous threat on fairplay matters. Completely unnecessary too, since yes, we actually don't have a general chat fairplay problem. Insults and other offenses can lead to fines and bans? Unnecessarily aggressive threats, bans.

Last and not least. (but also least) The MANDATE. Yes yes, it's a stupid argument in this context, but not in general, we are already running into some mandate problems. And to me looks like they risk becoming big too in the future.

What can the programmers do, the official mandate from Luques is only change the flash version to react. Nothing else really. But common sense of course dictates, that if Luques is basically absent from the game and the forum (last time online in the forum on the 21st of June) and rather unresponsive when contacted by the programmers (which he seems to be) they do indeed have the right to implement some changes on their own initiative. They are not only slaves to program react exactly the way flash was. Lack of response, and historical precedent, the runner/programmer of the game even when not the owner (Luques situation for many years, but he had a mandate too) can and have certain rights to change things.

When/What/How can be discussed (IMO one way of getting a mandate is of course through the community as well, we are all stakeholders too in a way, if the official mandate for a certain change isn't there from the owner, going through the community could work too).

But what we have now is sort of a very unclear situation. On some things the programmers implement changes. Without mandate from Luques OR from the community. Informing the community of the changes in a race chat in at least one case if I remember correctly. Which is clearly not the way to do it either. On other issues stuff can't be done because of the lack of mandate. This situation where the programmers seemingly decide what to do and what not, not on the merits of the changes, not through arguments, but by invoking the lack on mandate on one hand and presenting the community with a fait accompli on the other hand is a sure receipt for disaster.

So here, even if the programmers don't realize how strange (idiotic really) that announcement is... where's the mandate? I don't remember such an unnecessary, insulting, partially misleading, passive aggressive text in the flash-version. So no mandate, take it off. Now. NOt interested in a discussion on this really, it just has to go. And the general mandate discussion will have to be had at some point, but probably not here, in some other thread.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:09 am

c4f-react v0.5.4
Latest Updates (2022-10-11)
Pavé-skill display standardized across react version
Layout improvements on transfer page
Transfermarket (youth/normal/both) and filter on one tab on transfer page
Filterable by pavé-skill and salary
Bugfix: Implement rider minimum price of 1M
Bugfix: Avoid double bids
Bugfix: Allow users to delete double bids if necessary
Bugfix: Allow users to delete accepted bids
Bugfix: Allow users to delete rejected bids
Bid ID and Rider ID shown for better bug-solving
GIP MASTERPLAN

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 pm

At the moment, We're working on a major upgrade in the C4F backend, which will fix one of the - in my opinion - most annoying issues of C4F, the km change that's only half done when you click refresh before the km change script is finished.
For those of you with some IT background: We're introducing database transactions in the C4F backend (yes, the game was all the years going without them). For the transfer market, the change is already done and seems to be working (let us know, if you see any issues).
I think the changes should be working now for today's 10pm races as well. If that works fine, all the other C4F background scripts can be changed as well.

Haudegen

Post by Haudegen » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:49 pm

C4F ist nicht erreichbar. Mitten im Rennen ein Absturz. wir kommen nicht mehr in das Spiel