React Version - Race Inscription

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Alkworld

React Version - Race Inscription

Post by Alkworld » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 pm

Hi C4F community,

I'm currently working on adapting the race inscription a little and there are a few changes I would implement:
1) show the signup status of other teams, i.e. how many riders are already selected (then we all can see which inscriptions are only fake)
2) additional options for automatically filling free spots based on salary, flat skill, mountain skill
3) sorting inscribed riders, i.e. reassigning the numbers either alphabetically, by climbing skill, etc.
4) show inscriptions of other races to avoid teams constantly signing in and out to see other inscriptions
These improvements are in my opinion all no-brainers.

Now I would have some more ideas, where I'm interested in your opinions:
- Should we show the inscriptions in detail (each rider)? That's basically what you have in real races.
- If we don't show the detailed inscriptions, one option would be to show a salary range, so others at least could get some idea, which direction the opponents are going

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Race Inscription

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:20 am

Alkworld wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 pm
- Should we show the inscriptions in detail (each rider)? That's basically what you have in real races.
Well, I am all for realism, but why is that so in real races? Because the sponsors want the hype ahead of the race... ok, I would like to see some hype ahead of races... but I see one big disadvantage: It will benefit people who inscribe last minute, because they can adapt their line-up according to what other teams are doing. And so you have to be online directly ahead of the inscription deadline. Much more time online for a small advantage, so it's not really nice for players, I believe.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:10 am

Like 1),3) and 4), 3) being the most important by far one in my eyes and a must have. But I don't like 2). Too much baby sitting of players in my eyes ;).
If it's easily implementable, yes. Teams who chose their team accoring to opponent's line-ups, will do so anyway. I think it would be a nice thing to have some sort of a "startlist". Doesn't have to include rider skills, you can still go and have a look at the teams individually. I think it's not that bad anyway, that you get to know your opponents before a race (If you don't know them and their teams already anyway).
- If we don't show the detailed inscriptions, one option would be to show a salary range, so others at least could get some idea, which direction the opponents are going
I don't see any point in that on the other hand. But that's only my gut feeling.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:48 pm

Knowing the salary of a signed up team has one big advantage: You can even troll your opponents more than before, sign up with a 600k team then pull back last minute. Don't really see an improvement with that.

Really like 4), the auto fill-up can be funny, but doubt it is really helpful. What would be nice is to be able to test signup for tomorrows race when you already signed up for todays race. I sometimes would need that to test different lineups in hard races after each other.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:14 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:48 pm
What would be nice is to be able to test signup for tomorrows race when you already signed up for todays race. I sometimes would need that to test different lineups in hard races after each other.
That would be nice, indeed. +1
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:59 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:48 pm
Really like 4), the auto fill-up can be funny, but doubt it is really helpful. What would be nice is to be able to test signup for tomorrows race when you already signed up for todays race. I sometimes would need that to test different lineups in hard races after each other.
1 to 4 were all straightforward to implement (almost done already). For the line-up test you mentioned, we would have to touch the old backend code, which makes it harder. Put in on the list as feature for "Making C4F Great"

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:46 am

Don't care much either way for 1-4, but can't restrain myself from commenting anyway:

1: Ok, why not, not that it changes the huge enormous humongous free problem :lol: The only way to solve that would be to not show anything at all anymore. But as you probably all figured out, I don't see any real need to solve that problem...
2: What for, ah ok, what it says, ok ok, why not. As long as it does it alphabetically.....or the standard setting is alphabetical!
3: Why not again, can even be helpful, when changing a rider late and of course I still want it alphabetically, right now have to redo half the team most of the time...
4: Ok, why not again.
Alkworld wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:35 pm
Now I would have some more ideas, where I'm interested in your opinions:
Here I already have slightly more to say:
Not exactly like in real races! Because they don't have 20 riders ready to race in the right place. Might be able to change a rider on relatively short notice, but not like with us of course. Here slightly opposed, but in the end don't care much, I find it nice to analyze the race yourself and put in your riders according to that, and not according to what other teams bring. c4f gets interesting when there's conflicting leaders, hilly race, flat last 20 km, team A brings the hill sprinter, but Team B and C go for the flat one. Being able to see others plans team A might then decide to go for the flat one too, after all B and C must know what they are doing. Yes, of course the opposite is true too, All 3 have the flat sprinter, then A decides to try for the hilly one... but I predict more "anpassen" than swimming against the stream in general.
Second one, don't see the point at all....
Alkworld wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:59 pm
Put in on the list as feature for "Making C4F Great"
One more for that list, and the main reason for the post:
Being able to put in the helper settings at the inscription already. Just those. No tempo etc etc. Can be helpful for people who know they risk missing the start. If I know I'll miss the first 20' of MSR, then can come on with the app and put in settings I'll not start. If I could have help in, I might. (Probably still wouldn't if I can be home for a later edition.. but for some Misthaufen where I'm more of an outsider yes)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:52 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:46 am
One more for that list, and the main reason for the post:
Being able to put in the helper settings at the inscription already. Just those. No tempo etc etc. Can be helpful for people who know they risk missing the start. If I know I'll miss the first 20' of MSR, then can come on with the app and put in settings I'll not start. If I could have help in, I might. (Probably still wouldn't if I can be home for a later edition.. but for some Misthaufen where I'm more of an outsider yes)
Hm nice feature, but show the teams as "offline with settings" otherwise some missuse will happen. Now you know from the offline until setting who was online before the start and could do settings.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Mangahn

Post by Mangahn » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:48 pm

Good ideas. Worth to use 1000 words to praise you.
Well, we talk english, I stopp here. ;)

I dislike the idea with showing up the full line up. Three reasons:
- You are not forced to think on your own anymore
- Late signer (like me) got a bonus
- One is able to change the set up minutes in front of the race.

At all I believe it makes RSF a bit weaker at all.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:11 pm

I think the same. Probably knowing who will start for each team will lead to less competition in the races. Unfortunately some teams would change the lineup last minute and then we have for example only sprinter teams and no hillsprinter/classic etc because they give up before the race.

I do like to see if a team has done the full lineup. I think that should be mandatory for the future.

Alkworld

Re: React Version - Race Inscription

Post by Alkworld » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Thanks for all your input. 1-4 will be implemented, rest can stay as it is. Now if anyone could find me a Luques, it wouldn't only be theoretical discussions ... :?

Gipfelstuermer

Re: React Version - Race Inscription

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 am

Race Inscription is going to receive another small update.

- Rider-Table in "My inscription" sortable by all columns, incl. PAV and REC (functionality which could be used in other tables in the future too)
- Different design of the Team "+"Button in Race Details (functionality which could be used in other tables in the future too)

Optimistic Timeline: Release before Thursday.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.