Editor

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

Robyklebt

Editor

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am

There's a thread in the calendar section, but to make it easier for Alk/Gipfel to find stuff, let's do one here, and the Donkey writes a new post, will probably end up being almost the same as the one I wrote in the other thread half a year or so ago, but why copy&paste if you can spend time writing the same thing? But IMO the editor needed to be perfected quite a while ago, to be ready for spring, so for me it really should be high priority now.

1) This really should be in another thread. "home screen"... but do it here. Don't hide the editor (and forum) under "mehr". Make the icons on top in 2 rows. So everything is visible. Ok, log out hidden is good, on the old flash thing when I had a jumpy mouse every 2 weeks I logged out by mistake during the race, so for jumpy mouse serial clickers like me having that one hidden is good, the rest definitely no! You want participation in the forum. Don't hide the link. You want people to read the calendar discussion in the editor. Don't hide the link. You want people to help designing. Don't hide the link. 2 rows!

2) Biggest issue with the editor for me: Make the profile full screen. Not 1/4. Use the full width and the full length. That's the most important part of the editor, that's where you want precision, so give the designers the best designing conditions possible. And that's not a small quarter of screen window, square whatever you call these things.

3) Don't put the editor in a separate window/square (I really demand that somebody tells me what these are called) It makes for annoying scrolling, sometimes you scroll the whole page, when you only want to scroll the profile. No thingy, scroll the whole page, have the profile go down the whole page. (Make sure to have the end of the page a bit under the end...)

4) Save. Right now the profile after that jumps to km 1 again. Annoying. Pointless. Stop that. Save without having the profile jump to km 1 again. THEN having the editor in a separate window/whatever makes a little bit of sense, you always have the save button on top. But if you could make that a floating one... even better.

5) Input directly, not in a separate pop up like thingy (what's it called???) Ideally make it so that you can work with tab to jump from one input thing to the next. But make it so that you go down the column directly. Have the things you have on the right now, in the profile that is now on the left (but should be full screen, see point 2) incline-surface-bonification-Label. If you're in the incline column with tab you go one row down. If you're in surface, one row in surface etc.
Right now it's all very clicky, mouse intensive, why drop down for surface? Why drop down for bonification? You can expect designers to remember numbers for what is what, write it down somewhere on the page, it's simply faster if you can work with the keyboard only for longer periods of time.

There's more posts coming, but that was the most important stuff first.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: Editor

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:16 pm

2nd post

Editor itself, profile again.

Now it's calculated by height. If I'm not wrong it used to be by height difference (although it often wasn't perfect either). And there was an option to get what was probably a mix. I think by height as it is now works better, but it's still not perfect.

See the following examples

Height (we start at 0)
Meters up by km
percentages at c4f bottom
percentages with height differences
3 5 4 55 54 26 0
3 2 -1 51 -1 -28 -26
0 1 -1 +6 -1 -2-3
0 0 0 5 0 -3-3

Now we end up a the right height, old system we end up too low, do that circuit 20 times and we end up 200 meters below sea level, but neither is perfect (obviously, why would I use an example that gives a perfect result if I want to improve the calculation, eh? Stumped you now...)

0 0 0 5 0 -3 -2 would be a good design here. 51 meters up should never be a 6. 28 down never a -2. The 3 2 in the beginning a la limite could be 1 0, but not 0 1. (if it's 3 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 10 12 14 the meters above sea level, then going up 1 at the steepest km makes sense)
How do we make sure the editor gets that? Or if not the editor, at least the designer?

1) A rule that makes sure that if the height difference is only x1 or x2 meters, those 1, 2 meters are ignored.
Example above that makes it 0 0 0 5 0 -3 -2, which would be perfect. Of course it wouldn't always work what if it's the3 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 10 12 14 example, then we just get all 0, despite ending up 14 meters higher, we get the problems of the old editor back. So would need to include the preceding and following km too for this to work, problem is that sometimes the next km with x3-x7 up or down can be quite far.

2) No change in the calculation but mark the km that go up or down with x1 or x2 difference in red. As a warning to the designer, that he has to review those km. Mark the number in the km column on the right red, so that designers know which km could be problematic. Once they checked they can click on it and the red disappears. Could make it more colors too for x3 and x4 as well.

3) A mix of the 2 proposals above, would then require more colors, one if the height isn't correct at that km anymore.

4) Give the option to designers to chose between by height and height difference. If you choose height difference the altitude in the finish very often will be far off, but the advantage of that would be that it would force designers to look at every km more closely. Time intensive. But if it's only for the ones that choose that... on some races I actually might, usually not. Default the by height setting.

5) A mix of 2, 4, with colors in each km where the altitude goes off further from what it should be

6) A mix of 1, 2, 4.

Stuff in post number 1 more important, but if Alkstuermer decide to improve the designing experience, further improving the calculation would be nice too.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am
1) This really should be in another thread. "home screen"... but do it here. Don't hide the editor (and forum) under "mehr". Make the icons on top in 2 rows. So everything is visible. Ok, log out hidden is good, on the old flash thing when I had a jumpy mouse every 2 weeks I logged out by mistake during the race, so for jumpy mouse serial clickers like me having that one hidden is good, the rest definitely no! You want participation in the forum. Don't hide the link. You want people to read the calendar discussion in the editor. Don't hide the link. You want people to help designing. Don't hide the link. 2 rows!
There's pros and cons for multiple rows. Especially with low resolutions two rows quickly use a lot of space. Furthermore, we need a solution that works both on small and big screens. OK, that's why there already are three modes to choose from (small screens default to the popup, wide screens the version you describe). You can toggle with the button on the left, so there could be a fourth option as well. Anyway, it certainly is possible, but I would still prefer the current option to be the default.
Robyklebt wrote:
2) Biggest issue with the editor for me: Make the profile full screen. Not 1/4. Use the full width and the full length. That's the most important part of the editor, that's where you want precision, so give the designers the best designing conditions possible. And that's not a small quarter of screen window, square whatever you call these things.
I don't know, if everybody (or even anybody) knows that you can toggle all the parts with the grey buttons on top left (List, Overview, Details). I know it's not intuitive, but I'm not a layout and usability guy. With that, the profile covers half the screen.
Robyklebt wrote:
3) Don't put the editor in a separate window/square (I really demand that somebody tells me what these are called) It makes for annoying scrolling, sometimes you scroll the whole page, when you only want to scroll the profile. No thingy, scroll the whole page, have the profile go down the whole page. (Make sure to have the end of the page a bit under the end...)
Maybe the toggling already helps here? It makes the profile container (that's one name for those rectangles) already a lot bigger.
Robyklebt wrote:
4) Save. Right now the profile after that jumps to km 1 again. Annoying. Pointless. Stop that. Save without having the profile jump to km 1 again. THEN having the editor in a separate window/whatever makes a little bit of sense, you always have the save button on top. But if you could make that a floating one... even better.
That should be possible to fix.
Robyklebt wrote:
5) Input directly, not in a separate pop up like thingy (what's it called???) Ideally make it so that you can work with tab to jump from one input thing to the next. But make it so that you go down the column directly. Have the things you have on the right now, in the profile that is now on the left (but should be full screen, see point 2) incline-surface-bonification-Label. If you're in the incline column with tab you go one row down. If you're in surface, one row in surface etc.
Right now it's all very clicky, mouse intensive, why drop down for surface? Why drop down for bonification? You can expect designers to remember numbers for what is what, write it down somewhere on the page, it's simply faster if you can work with the keyboard only for longer periods of time.
I only now learned that this doesn't work (typing to select dropdown value), need to ask Google how that works in the layout framework we are using here.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:38 pm

Planned the next installment of my series today, but due to time constraint I'll just start my usual arguing for my points.

Your answer to point 2:
Alkworld wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:46 pm
I don't know, if everybody (or even anybody) knows that you can toggle all the parts with the grey buttons on top left (List, Overview, Details). I know it's not intuitive, but I'm not a layout and usability guy. With that, the profile covers half the screen.
Knew that. Doesn't really address the problem though. The container stays the same size. 18 km long, half the available space wide. THAT'S the problem. It's like if in the races the race container would only cover half the width of the available space. Here I propose that the container be made longer and wider. In the next point I argued something further.

Your answer to point 3
Alkworld wrote:
Maybe the toggling already helps here? It makes the profile container (that's one name for those rectangles) already a lot bigger.
THANKS! I'm very happy to know the name of these things now! But will stop underlining them from now on.
No it doesn't, check it out. The container stays the same size.

That's the answer to my proposal to actually not put the profile in a container, but just straight onto the page, uncontained.
Full width and length until the bottom of the page. That maximizes what big-screen designers can see, but I don't see a disadvantage for small-screen designers.

Your answer to point 5
Alkworld wrote:
I only now learned that this doesn't work (typing to select dropdown value), need to ask Google how that works in the layout framework we are using here.
Here that's not what I was talking about. I'll rephrase it:
Get rid of the container on the right. The one next to the profile list. The bottom right container. Let us input directly into the bottom left container. It's much less clicky, mousy. And give that bottom left container the full width, that's what I mean with point 2 (and 3, but there without container) From a usability point of view the system now has no advantage, it's more time intensive it decreases the "übersicht" you have on the profile, it takes more moves for a change than my proposal would require.

Point 4: Excellent, I'll take the little wins for the moment (tiny), but will continue this barrage of post a bit more, there's at least another 2 coming. Possibly more.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:42 pm

Next: Profile editor and race editor

For 1 day races, I still fail to see the advantage for it. It's just makes it more complicated, confusing, if you weren't reading here from the start you don't really get why it's 2, clicky, back and forth, but what is the advantage?

Disable/delete the "race editor" tab.

If you click on the profile tab:
First, change the "list" setting. Make the default off. If you want to see all the profiles you designed, you have to click on list to display it. Maybe rename it to a more easily understood term. "Designed profiles" for example.
Then: give a choice, "design one day race" and "design stage race"
Click on one day race, then you just need this one tab. Everything can be put in there.

Right now in the "profile editor" you have:

ProfileCode
Status
Project
Name
Description
Designer
Altitude Start
Profile Picture
Country

In the "race editor" you have:

Name
Description
Category
Riders per Team
Event

Which one of these can't be put a simple one-tab "1 day race editor"?
Name really should be there, it makes little sense to have it separated from the profile. It even creates annoying display issues.
Description is there twice. Which one takes precedence? I guess the one in race editor, the one in the profile editor seems only to be there for stages.
Category: Here we can discuss if it should even be in the designing part, if not best left to the guy who puts it online. But no problem with having it there, it's another safety layer, designer puts it in, calendar-man checks if ok. (But he has to check..)
Riders per team, no reason not to have on the same tab as the profile.
Even the same.

Further down we have the container "stages"
There you link the stages, for one day races just one, so one page, no need to link,.

Stuff to put in:

Race Type: Rest day, regular, ITT, TTT the choices
Stage Type: Full stage, first half stage, second half stage the choices
Bonifications: Flat, hilly, mountain, ITT, TTT
Profile CodeMinute Tact: Put in the number where you want the mintact to start.

Let's start with the easiest one: Putting in the mintact better where the profile is. Less back and forth.
Then "race type" with these choices is irrelevant for 1 day races.
Stage type is irrelevant since it's a 1 day race.
Bonifications is a confusing title and not that helpful either, since most races have the same bonifications for the non TTs. Points not, but don't call it bonifications then. For sorting/looking for info it's incomplete.

Instead race type and bonification, put in "race type" choices: Flat-Hilly-Mountain-ITT-TTT-flat pavé-hilly pavé.
This should be displayed in the calendar, to see the "official classification" of the race AND it helps the calendar admins to search for races. Right now the pavé races can't be labeled as such and it must be a pain in the ass to find them.

Last there is the container "race editions".
This one IMO could be cut completely from the design editor, and only be available for the admin when putting online.

Then the input method:
I really prefer those things sorted horizontally, you just need a small box for something like number of riders or mintact. But ok, that's personal preference, if more people like it all vertical like now, no problem either. But maybe make it a bit smaller, if feels huge compared to the normal size of things on c4f.
The dropdown problem. That you are googling, good!
The non-dropdown boxes.. is there a way to make them remember what you wrote before? Like for a google search, if I click there I see all my old searches, for example "naked c4f players" "do people love donkeys". Would be nice to have that too. Google please!

I think that's all for 1 day races, make it all in 1 tab.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:32 pm

For stage races:

See above, when going on "profile editor" offer 2 choices. If you click on stage race, then you get the profile editor as in a 1 day race (almost, small changes that are logical) and a sub-tab, so one level below where the race editor tab is now, call it "stage race" or something logical.

In that stage race tab then you link the stages to the stage race.

Name
Description
Category
Riders per Team
Event

These all stay here, so deleted from the "profile tab" in the stage race version. These are for the races, not the stages, so name of the stage race, description of the whole race, so they stay.
Category, Riders per Team and Event on the other hand are off the profile tab.

Stages container:
Click on plus and this appears:

Number
Name
Description
Race Type
Stage Type
Bonifications
Profile CodeMinute Tac

Number, logical
Name and description should stay in the profile tab like for 1 day races (description is redunant anyway, it's there twice here for the stage)

Race type: The 4 choices make sense for stages in stage races. Maybe the title different from the one in the "profile editor"
Stage type: Good
Bonifications: Wrong name, you still mean points, I suppose.
Profile code ok, minute tact, keep it where it is for 1 day races. So not here. But display it here in the list of stages, as well as the other relevant information. "race type" as in the one described in the "1 day race editor" too, it will help when controlling that everything was input correctly.

Points, make it a drop down menu, "standard" or "... whatever not standard is" Or more choices, TdF/Giro/Vuelta + standard or "original"?
If you choose standard you're done, if you choose the other one, you get to put in the points system by hand.
Same for "intermediates" and "GPM"
But don't tie the money to the points, no more money-flood in GTs at intermediates please!

Add "bonifications", meaning bonifications this time: Here too you get to put in the bonifications you want "standard" or xyz.

Might be interesting for fantasy tours, you can design a 4 day tour with 2 sprints, a short TT and a hilly or easy 1 km mountain finish, but try to keep the sprinters in the hunt for the general by giving 20" bonification at the finish. Or 40" as the Giro once had. Or maybe it was only 30"? Lots anyway.

You could add "jerseys" too, where you can choose the color of the different leader's jerseys, but maybe the system you have now is better, we seem to get the correct color of jerseys! Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the profile you could also add another container, called: Interviews. And put in interviews there. We have our x standard interviews, but would really be nice to have specific interviews for the big races. If then somebody doesn't make an interview, no problem, use the standard one.
A gimmick, yes, but why not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put online: Stuff only available to the admin(s). So don't know details, you really should ask AAD and Gipfel.

What I picked up is:
They are talking about deleting "races" but not profiles, since the list is getting too long. So question: Are races that have been published being hidden? Publish a race and it doesn't appear in the list. Basically make the default list: "unpublished" have the option for "all" and "published" as well.
A while ago there was no way to "unpublish" races with the tool. Add that.

Then I just guess stuff isn't there yet, but should be put in:

Add filter/search options: (As a sidenote, I find the standard search we have now absolutely horrible) so ideally do that separately, one of these days I'm going to demand a revamp of that mess anyway.... (which will be ignored, but well, the demand will be there)
- Search/filter by type (flat-hilly etc.) (Dropdown menu good)
- Search by length (max/min, 2 boxes)
- Searcj by altitude gain (max/min (or min max more logically) 2 boxes)
- Search by country (dropdown, shows both start and finish)
- Search by continent (make it with latitude and longitude so that New Caledonia ends up in Oceania)

For fantasy race programming stuff like this makes everything much much easier.

As for the time and date: Regardless if you want to keep it for designers or not, simplify it, that's another pointless clicking exercise right now. Date: a box without an extra click to open it.
Number of editions: a box, put in a number, click confirm than the demanded number of boxes opens. There you put in the times, jumping from one to the other with tab. easy.

For the rest, as I said, ask the admins what they need.

Should be done with this topic... and think everything should be implemented, 4 well thought out Donkey-proposal posts, why keep it complicated and hard to design if it could be much easier?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:06 am

Read all the Robyposals and can 80% agree to them. Lots of things inspired by old editor. We are all Gewohnheitstiere but after almost one year of the new editor, it is still true that the old editor had some clever features. Remember, Buhmann was a genius in some things, so parts of old editor were great. That's true.

The few things worth commenting / disagreeing (otherwise fully support the Robyposals).

- Select One Day Race or Stage Race: It is already there with "Project". But it should indeed be split into some binary selections ideally:
> OneDay / Tour (This can be used for the layout changes as requested by Roby then)
> Real / Fantasy
If Fantasy Race selected:
>>> Fantasy GPS: yes/no
>>> Fantasy Surface: yes/no
The latter necessary because some designers using Real GPS but then Fantasy surfaces (just adding gravel/pavé randomly where there is none). Relevant info for calendar admins then.

- Names for stages: Should NOT move to the profile editor. Instead, the profile editor could have start city / finish city, ideally with the magic-button as we have for the start country / finish country. Then, in the race editor, the stage names should be automatically generated with a fixed rule. This would just be more consistent and beautiful, but it would also be helpful for race history, searching through palmares, etc. Possible methodology:
[Race Name][ ][Stage][.][#][:][Type] [City]-[City]

[Race Name] = Exactly same as the race name (e.g. "Le Tour")
[ ] Separator = Some kind of separator to show that the race name ended. Could fix it or offer options (" " and "-")
[Stage] = The word "Stage", can be abbreviated or translated if necessary (e.g. "Et")
[.] Separator = Some kind of separator to show that the word for Stage ended. Could fix it or offer options (".", " " and ". ")
[#] = The stage number (or some word for prologue)
[:] Separator = Some kind of separator to show that now the cities of the stages follow. Could fix it or offer options (":" and " ")
[Type] = Can be some special indication for the stage (e.g. "ÏTT" or ""TTT"). Can be omitted.
[City] = The name of the start and end cities (even if it's a circuit).
- Bonifications & Jerseys. Currently set by admins only. Because Bonification changes are limited to Grand Tours. Jersey changes are limited to World Tour stage races (+few exceptions). Both for good reasons. But could consider giving that power to designers. Less work for admins. Good. But probably low priority for development, because it's very little work and doable right now.

- Editions: Can remain part of the designing (regardless of whether we merge profile editor and race editor into one tab). It is convenient for the calendar admins when designers fill this in according to the Final PDF.

- Publishing-Tool: Not needed. The "To Planned Calendar" and "Publish" Buttons are enough already :) Even though the "Preview" could look a bit more like the real calendar in terms of layout (table columns and modal).

@Alkworld: I am noting all this down here for both of us, not only for you. I can understand if these optimizations are not the most interesting coding exercise for you and you prefer to wait for me or someone else to finish those. On the other hand, you developed the editor as it is, so it might be easiest/most efficient if you implement these optimizations. If you have time and interest to do it. If not, one day I will do it.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 am

Some comments:

In-game search for OneDayFantasy races
A pain in the ass. The searching in the "Race Editor" tab is totally useless unless you know the name of the race you want to publish. Would be ok if you search them in the forum "Fantasy" section first and then plan them in-game but that would mean scrolling through 10 different threads. It was the last resort recently as there is no alternative, but with more races in the database from multiple years of designing, this is not an option (for me). Race Editor gives no (filterable) information on Race Type (flat, hilly, HC, ITT, TTT, Paves). If "ITT" is not a part of the name you have no chance to find such a race here. ALL the information that could potentially help to find races is stored in the Profile Editor tab. But here again a lot of tab changes necessary to plan races. First search for a profile, look if there is a name given (not even a guarantee that there is a race even if there is a name that is different from the profileCode). A lot of clicking and tab changing necessary to plan a race.

Work-around
Right now I am not using any in-game/filtering/searching/forum search at all. But this is just a temporary solution. I load all profiles that are in Review status and tagged as OneDayFantasy and collect all available data (location of starting point, all info that is stored in the Profile, link to the profil image). I then build a clickable html file showing a map that I use to find races. Each marker on the world map shows one OneDayRace profile that has geodata. By clicking on the marker I get all the available information in a popup including the view of the profile image.

Q: They are talking about deleting "races" but not profiles, since the list is getting too long. So question: Are races that have been published being hidden? Publish a race and it doesn't appear in the list. Basically make the default list: "unpublished" have the option for "all" and "published" as well.
A: No, the list was getting long after the December Tour Design competition. All those tours were still in the Race Editor, some gave them the December Tour tag which means that they are automatically displayed as cat 3. Gip mentioned that it is a problem for him as he plans the real calendar where he uses the cat as a filter for important races. All races that are published disappear from the view as they get archived.

Q: A while ago there was no way to "unpublish" races with the tool. Add that.
A: Already done
Add filter/search options: (As a sidenote, I find the standard search we have now absolutely horrible) so ideally do that separately, one of these days I'm going to demand a revamp of that mess anyway.... (which will be ignored, but well, the demand will be there)
- Search/filter by type (flat-hilly etc.) (Dropdown menu good)
- Search by length (max/min, 2 boxes)
- Searcj by altitude gain (max/min (or min max more logically) 2 boxes)
- Search by country (dropdown, shows both start and finish)
- Search by continent (make it with latitude and longitude so that New Caledonia ends up in Oceania)
see my temporary solution
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Ok, little changes.

Not jumping to km 1 good, thanks.

Bigger container. Better than it was, clearly. But creates another problem which of course I didn't predict, now the right side input container at times disappears up in the page... Of course I still would prefer not having that one, but maybe if it's there to stay put it further down so that even in the end of the race it's there...

Other things:

-Still can't load "la flamme rouge" gpx files on firefox.
-Review: Only the designer and probably admins can access those profiles. In theory good, after all we know we have a saboteur in our ranks, who takes joy in destruction and extra work for others. But it makes adjustements hard, if user "A" designed la Flèche Wallonne in 2023, but user B designs it this year... They change the start every year, annoying pricks, but the finish mostly (often, not always) stays the same. So ideally you could design just the first part, then go to the 23 profile, copy, paste it into your 24 design and done. So maybe "copy" only access to other profiles should be granted to all?

Comments on Gipfel and AAD:
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:06 am
Remember, Buhmann was a genius in some things, so parts of old editor were great.
I'm pretty sure the editor was designed by lesossies :lol:
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
- Select One Day Race or Stage Race: It is already there with "Project". But it should indeed be split into some binary selections ideally:
Well, but the project just helps for search and putting stuff on I guess. My proposal would then channel you to different versions of the editor, the 1 day race/stage race.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
If Fantasy Race selected:
>>> Fantasy GPS: yes/no
>>> Fantasy Surface: yes/no
The latter necessary because some designers using Real GPS but then Fantasy surfaces (just adding gravel/pavé randomly where there is none). Relevant info for calendar admins then.
Different place, 'my' selection is only there for to show the designer the appropriate profile editor.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
- Names for stages: Should NOT move to the profile editor. Instead, the profile editor could have start city / finish city, ideally with the magic-button as we have for the start country / finish country. Then, in the race editor, the stage names should be automatically generated with a fixed rule. This would just be more consistent and beautiful, but it would also be helpful for race history, searching through palmares, etc. Possible methodology:
Here you talk about stage races? Because for 1 day races I still think and politely request (or furiously demand) that it's all done in 1 editor. 0 advantages in having 2 for that. (I hope that's part of the 80% agreement!)
For stage races, ok, not that it's the most important to me... and even then don't really see why it has to be in the race editor and not the profile editor because of that.
As for standardization, allow it to be changed. Casa de Nairo etc....
Ah, and for beauty I of course 100% support NO empty space before and after the "-"!
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
- Editions: Can remain part of the designing (regardless of whether we merge profile editor and race editor into one tab). It is convenient for the calendar admins when designers fill this in according to the Final PDF.
At least make it less clicky then. And for fantasy races it really makes little sense to have it there. A faster less clicky version wouldn't make much more work to the online putter. But if it stays it stays, but clicky as it is it's mostly annoying, takes 5 times the time it could.

flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 am
- Publishing-Tool: Not needed. The "To Planned Calendar" and "Publish" Buttons are enough already :) Even though the "Preview" could look a bit more like the real calendar in terms of layout (table columns and modal).
* Should be showing Gipfel wrote here, not Flock. weird...

Publishing tool not, but I suspect better overview needed. And better search. For real races ok, you know the name... For fantasy? See AAD. As a computer wizard he can do that, but if he ever decides that he has enough of the fantasy race online putter job and you get somebody else... Stuff like that should be integrated in the editor, not somebody having to do his own little programs.

Preview AND race editor list should look a bit diffferently IMO.
They should show:
-the country: Helps the online putter find something
-length (helps the online putter again)
-type (as in flat/hilly/hc/pavé, see above, needs to be put in the editor first)
-category (as now)
-number of riders (as now)
-mintact

Everything so that the guy who puts it online, BUT also the others who check can see if there's something wrong with nr of riders, category, weird mintact etc. Maybe forgot some stuff, basically everything that could be relevant should be there. The "flat/hilly..." thing btw should be in the calendar too, but ok, first need to implement it in the editor..

Ah, something else, the "planned calendar" thing? Shouldn't that be only for admins?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:12 pm

Found another thing about the editor:

Right now I don't think there's a way for designers to access their old designs, once they have been used. I guess there is one for calendar admins? If not, there definitely should be.

But there should also be a way to access old profiles for designers. Would you like some examples of situations when it would be needed for designers or do you prefer I keep the post short?