Youth rider auction, rejected and deleted bid

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Youth rider auction, rejected and deleted bid

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:49 pm

Bought a rider today, remembered he was due around 16:40, checked around 16h to see if he was still available, need to sell Rossi to have the money after all, bah, bid rejected. (Forgot to make a screen shot, sorry, only thought about that now)

Grr, who's got him? Click on him, nobody. wrong click maybe, try again, still nobody. And I have no bid anymore. So put my bid back in and decided to increase it by 3000 even, 95.1 or even 95.2, overpayed, dammit.

But my bid was gone, it told me abgelehnt.

Other bids:
85241 Bon Gamin 1,542,522 InsufficientFunds
85253 Big Donkey 1,468,641 Accepted
85249 Romoc Riders 1,465,522 Deleted

Could it be that Bon Gamin getting him, but not having the funds deleted the lower bids?
Or some other bug?
Donkey bug, somehow deleting his bid by mistake of course cannot be completely excluded either.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Re: Youth rider auction, rejected and deleted bid

Post by Alkworld » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:49 pm
Bought a rider today, remembered he was due around 16:40, checked around 16h to see if he was still available, need to sell Rossi to have the money after all, bah, bid rejected. (Forgot to make a screen shot, sorry, only thought about that now)

Grr, who's got him? Click on him, nobody. wrong click maybe, try again, still nobody. And I have no bid anymore. So put my bid back in and decided to increase it by 3000 even, 95.1 or even 95.2, overpayed, dammit.

But my bid was gone, it told me abgelehnt.

Other bids:
85241 Bon Gamin 1,542,522 InsufficientFunds
85253 Big Donkey 1,468,641 Accepted
85249 Romoc Riders 1,465,522 Deleted

Could it be that Bon Gamin getting him, but not having the funds deleted the lower bids?
Or some other bug?
Donkey bug, somehow deleting his bid by mistake of course cannot be completely excluded either.
I'm a bit confused now, you got the rider, didn't you? Maybe you didn't see him right away because no refresh was done yet?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:02 pm

Got the rider after making a new bid.

When I checked it said: rejected.
Clicked on it to see who got him.
Showed him still on the market. But I had no bid for him anymore.
So put in the bid back
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:40 pm

Ok, simulated it with T-Mobile A's help

85359 1142569 name geben 1,432,341 Rejected abgelehnt

That's what I see now.
T-Mobile had a bid, but not enough money.
I don't have enough money to buy the guy either (don't want him either, jsut testing)

My bid, 1'432'341 should have been reached much much later. Will check in a second.
But it tells me rejected.

When I click on him:

Still available:

Value 1.506.140 $
Price 13.225.151 $
And I have no bid on him anymore.

So my bid 1'432'341 was rejected when he still buyable at 13 millions.

What IMO happens is: If a bid is rejected because of not enough money, it automatically rejects lower bids with not enough money as well. ( Can't check what happens with lower bids that are covered by enough money. unless I get a donation) Should be checked and corrected!

Ah, put in the bid again, 30.11. I get the rider. Bid is in, in case Alk wants to play around with it from my account (but he really can do the same from his)

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm

OK, I can see the issue in the code, the auction gets finalized when the price reaches the highest bid (successful or not). I'll fix it soon with some other transfermarket improvements.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm
OK, I can see the issue in the code, the auction gets finalized when the price reaches the highest bid (successful or not). I'll fix it soon with some other transfermarket improvements.
This has been solved, right?

Looks like there is a similar (less urgent) issue with the 'outbidden' reason. It seems to appear, when a rider is not bought by anyone, but there was a higher, deleted bid in the database. At least that's what happened to rider id 1149305 today. It seems, that the code ignores the deleted bid for the auction, but it does not ignore the deleted bid for 'calculating' the rejection reason? Can that be the case?

Edit: Could it be that the deleted bid triggers the auction to end (even though it is deleted)?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.