Stupid "helping" sprint

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Elaska

Stupid "helping" sprint

Post by Elaska » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi Buhman, hi Leso, hi all ...

So, this afternoon during Tour des pavés i get a stange sprint an stupid too i have to admit. My rider was in front after the attack 2km before the end, when i say that my fisrt reflex is to put 50m sprint and at the same time I put out the helper ( because he was helping a guy before the attack) and i refresh, stay 1km refrech again 0km , waiting the sprint too exceting and bim 4th instead of win , i don't undeerstand ... why why ?
Wiz and Aix saw maybe i put the helper out too late but I don't think ...

Even if we suppose it was a helper problem why that desturb the sprint ? He was in front and the other guy who was helping (Even if i put it out, i say it again...) was 6sec behind him !!! when a guy is in front and help a guy in the peloton it's not possible and the guy in peloton stay lossing many power but why disturb it the sprint like that ??
2024-01-30 Big Donkey Elaska 1 Good move, good reading of the race, just the sprint didn't work out. High quality racing.

Buhmann

Re: Stupid "helping" sprint

Post by Buhmann » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 am

Yes, would be better if helping don´t occurs anything in this case. But you see it that way, too: The rider (helper) hopes that the leader reach the group until next km and because of that he is concentrating of the leader instead of a own sprint.

Elaska

Post by Elaska » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:08 am

How can help him if they are not in the same group ??
And i don't think he was waiting look to the sprint :

500 bis zum Ziel
Dick Eickendreyer (Wizards Cycling) sprintet von vorne
Dick Eickendreyer (Wizards Cycling):
Amar Boumali (Elaska) versucht ans Hinterrad zu kommen
Alberto Marchino (Aixteam) versucht ans Hinterrad zu kommen
Amar Boumali (Elaska) geht ans Hinterrad
Amar Boumali (Elaska):
Norbert Müller (RC Wheel Fast) versucht ans Hinterrad zu kommen
Norbert Müller (RC Wheel Fast) geht ans Hinterrad

And at the end Amar finish 4th ... how do you explain that ? he sprint win the wheel agaisnt Aix and finish last ??
2024-01-30 Big Donkey Elaska 1 Good move, good reading of the race, just the sprint didn't work out. High quality racing.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:12 am

Of course it is mainly a technical reason. But not a surprising one.

Elaska

Post by Elaska » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 am

I don't understand that ... but ok no problem !

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Anyway. If it should stay that way, than the "helping" sprinter should lose his helping malus before the allocation of the back wheels takes place. Meaning that he also should lose the desired back wheel to the one who's not "helping" his absent captain, in this case Aix' Marchino.