Bug..... or not? 22.09.22 10h, sprint

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Bug..... or not? 22.09.22 10h, sprint

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Today, Bergwerk:

bergwerk(11:08): das ist ja super ... 6 in der Reihe ... passt ... und als der 2. Sprinten folgt der 3. nicht ... was ist das denn?
bergwerk(11:09): super tolll ... 3x kontrolliert und alles passte ... bbaaaaaah shit
bergwerk(11:09): hat ja bei 500 m alles gepasst
bergwerk(11:17): 16. ganz toolll
bergwerk(11:22): aber mal ernsthaft, habe 6 Fahrer in der Reihe 500,450,400, 300, 200 + 100 ... Helfen richtig drin, kein HR eingestellt ... passte bei 500, dann bei 450 fehlte bei 2 folgen drin ... wie kann das sein? bin echt angepi.... shit
bergwerk(11:24): kein fremdes HR ... meine schon
bergwerk(11:25): dachte an eine realistische Chance im Sprint ... und dann das wohl schlechteste Ergebnis seit meinem Start P: :-/
bergwerk(11:37): das war meiner erster Versuch eines Zuges ... wollte die ersten 3 auch nur je 50 m fahren lassen ... war mir nicht klar, dass die Idee doof ist ... aber davon abgesehen schon alles komisch, weil es ja erst lief und ich nix mehr einstellt habe

So the situation, he made a 6 man train (in a 7 rider/team race :roll: ) the train was there at 500, but then fell apart at 450.
Settings as he says sprint from 500-450-400-300-200-100 for the 6 riders.

My comments:
1) Shocking how BW uses such bad language. Don't you want to be a "Vorbild" like Big Donkey?
2) A 6 man train is shit even in a 15 rider per team race.....Do some offline training with Holzklötze and squares, and see how far the slow one goes and how far the fast one.
3) Usually that's user's mistake. But of course it might not be.
4) Especially 11:22. And this doesn't count only for you: Seems you want to know more about it. Think (not too much) Who could answer this question? Alk and Gipfel! Not even the all-knowing Donkey can. He can tell you about 6 man trains (shit!!!) Open a bug thread yourself. I'm not c4f's maid here, unless you open a thread, your question is not a question, just whining. If you want answers they have to come, as mentioned, from Alk and Gipfel. Yes, Gipfel was in the race, but remember Radler/Buhmann? He was Radler in the races and Buhmann in the forum and as Radler he often told us to fuck off (bad language again!!!) about technical stuff, tell it to Buhmann! Meaning: Forum. It doesn't take much imagination to understand that programmers might want to just race too during races, and do the bug searching etc after, other times.
By NOT opening a thread here you are actually sabotaging the game. Who knows, there might be a bug, none of us non-programmers knows. So if it is a bug, you are a victim, but you are too lazy, too self centered, too egoistic to open a thread? YOU are sabotaging c4f by letting bugs exist longer than they otherwise would. As I said, doesn't count only for Bergwerk, as usual I use this as a general comment section to tell everybody how shit they are. So... if something could be a bug, OPEN A THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If then it isn't and others know the answers, no problem, if they aren't lazy they will answer in the thread, no bug, ok ,no problem. But this endless whining while not even having the common sense to open a thread? Brrrrrr.
5) No idea if it's a bug, something similar happened either to me or somebody else a while ago, I assumed user mistake (especially if it was me) Maybe a problem with trains if the sprinting is already in? Any differences in just follow and the sprint already in?
6) What is known is that riders whose wheel isn't sprinting follow somebody else at 500, but then often the following stays on the original non-sprinting wheel, could that be somehow connected?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

bergwerk cycling

Re: Bug..... or not? 22.09.22 10h, sprint

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 am

i dont would opened this thread, but ok maybe it will happen not only me and more times in the future:

1.) today my shock is gone ... and i can write and act "normal" again !!! But so ugly was my writing not ... ok only german in the short of time.

2.) that was my first try with more than 3 riders to do a sprint (more a test for me to understand it better) ... ok if this idea was stupid it was stupid ... but have to work anyway.

3.) User Mistake is nearly 99,9% not possible ... i write me a notice, who follow who and controll ist 2 times ... so dont believe.

4.) Bumann is guilty ... it was like that before .-) = that will be the mean resason

5.) what ever happened happened ... i can live with it.

So close it now ... thks roby :-)

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 am

At the moment, all sprints are happening independent from the new React version in the sprint system designed by Buhmann and played in Flash. So if there is a bug, it would be surprising to see a new bug. To be honest, it would be great if we had a list of all existing sprint bugs for the point in time when Alk and I have time to fix the sprint...

Now in this particular case: All settings correct at 500m and then incorrect at 450m. I can only speculate because we don't have the replay function yet. But this often (or always?) happens if none of the riders in a train is sprinting. (We see that often in small groups/escapes.) Did the first guy sprint here at all? I don't know. Remember, that the bergwerk train was far back, but it could just be due to a 6-rider train. Then it must be something else. Wrong click at 450m? Bergwerk writes that he had everything checked and written down. Then the error at 450m would be visible and could be changed within 60 seconds. So it sounds a bit like a wrong click. Can happen easily with a 6-rider train. I even get confused with smaller trains sometimes...
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:37 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 am
At the moment, all sprints are happening independent from the new React version in the sprint system designed by Buhmann and played in Flash. So if there is a bug, it would be surprising to see a new bug. To be honest, it would be great if we had a list of all existing sprint bugs for the point in time when Alk and I have time to fix the sprint...

Now in this particular case: All settings correct at 500m and then incorrect at 450m. I can only speculate because we don't have the replay function yet. But this often (or always?) happens if none of the riders in a train is sprinting. (We see that often in small groups/escapes.) Did the first guy sprint here at all? I don't know. Remember, that the bergwerk train was far back, but it could just be due to a 6-rider train. Then it must be something else. Wrong click at 450m? Bergwerk writes that he had everything checked and written down. Then the error at 450m would be visible and could be changed within 60 seconds. So it sounds a bit like a wrong click. Can happen easily with a 6-rider train. I even get confused with smaller trains sometimes...
Don't really know if this was the case, but some things I experienced when building trains with very bad sprint values+low power launchers is that the guys behind are not following anymore but ride next to the train beeing faster not following the train. But I think that was not the case here, they just lost contact.

Also think it is not a new sprint bug, I remembered to always check the following settings after the sprint lineup calculation. bw said he did, probably it is somehow related to react (not updating the following at the right time, there are "old" settings shown but they were deleted somehow and just affected in the next 50m). But we should collect all strange sprint behaviour at some place, yes
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 am

sorry auf deutsch:

Ne so war es nicht ... die 6 haben sich in die richtige Reihe auftestellt bei 500 m, dann ist der 2. bei 450 gestartet, nur dann der 3. dann nicht mehr
gefolgt.

beim 3 und bei noch einem Fahrer stand der Name follow xy nicht mehr drin!

Power hatten selbst die beiden Luschen noch über 700 ... es lag einfach daran, dass der Name weg war, dem sie folgen sollten.

Ich habe def. bis 400m keine Veränderung durchgeführt.

ist auch egal, kann man eh nix mehr machen und es auch leider nicht nachschauen.... schönes WE.

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:25 pm

I had this problem too. Two or three times.

When a train starts: Launch, 450, 400, 350, ... it will be broken after the 450.

To avoid this, when I do a train, I start: Launch, 400, 350, 300, ... and all works fine.

So, indeed, there is a problem between Launch and 450. I think.
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:47 am

ah ok ... that could be a reason ... i will test it next week

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:40 am

Could this explain the problem?
Km: 200, Meters left: 0

Km: 200, Meters left: 50

Km: 200, Meters left: 100

Km: 200, Meters left: 150

Km: 200, Meters left: 200

Km: 200, Meters left: 250

Km: 200, Meters left: 300

Km: 200, Meters left: 350

Km: 200, Meters left: 400

Km: 200, Steigung: 0, Meters left: 450

Jose Valente (Schnuggeritos) schafft es nicht auszureissen
Not Jose Valente, he's just there to show that 450 is the first final km calculation. (Steigung 0 would have done that too)but that the final sprint starts at 450. So launch and 450 are the same?
The intermediates are 500 meters, I don't remember if the final sprint used to be that too or if I just assumed it was
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:08 am

Realized I have a thinking mistake in the previous post. Launch is 500-450 of course you just see the result of it at 450

So ignore...

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:23 pm

I thought the same thing.

Maybe there is the solution nevertheless?
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 pm

today ... 2nd try for a sprint offline setting:

total BUG again

500 Pommeroy
300 Peppercorn
100 Cochrane

come back 350 m

Pommeroy started at 500
Peppercorn/Cochrane dont follow, but one rides behind the other
started Peppercorn manuel to sprint at my comeback directly as i seen the shit 350? m ...
and Cochrane dont follow ... settings seems out too

i make no other hanging on other riders!

and i can see the helperettings after the race ... they are right in ... shittttt!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:15 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 pm

i make no other hanging on other riders!
According to the database
- Pommeroy was helping Peppercorn correctly (you took out following Carpinteiro last km)
- Peppercorn was helping Cochrane but was also following Gamboa.
- Cochrane was helping nobody but also following Layne.

So most likely, no bug.

I don't use the offline-sprint often, but there are some teams who use it successfully quite often. I know Team FL sprints like this almost every mass sprint. It's not always a success but normally no bug.
GIP MASTERPLAN

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:02 pm

there stands no settings in ... put them out 1-2 km before the end.

and noone of my guys follows gamboa ... would be nice, but dont happened.
he followed not gambao and not my own rider.
They ride alone in the wind on the steet-

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:19 pm

Most likely you were too slow to take the following out
Probably the mintact was too late :lol:

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:46 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:02 pm
They ride alone in the wind on the steet-
I am not an expert in the sprint, but I guess this can happen if you have both follow & help settings for one rider.

It's not realistic that this happens, but perhaps originally it was intended as something like "rider is confused" or "rider lost his leader".

Doesn't mean that in the future we can't change something about the sprint, of course. I would like to tackle those buggy features, the tricksprint, the animation, acceleration in the sprint, etc. Lots of other stuff to be done before that though...
GIP MASTERPLAN

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:25 pm

maybe both times a fault from me .. but dont believe it really (ok ... iam old and the day begins to turn into evening .-)

i will test it now with my helpers next races and lets see what will happen.
thks for your attention + looking = nice weekend