Market - Bidding

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

flockmastoR

Market - Bidding

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:22 pm

Have made a bid on the following rider some days ago:

Initially the bid should have expired today at 12:07. I know checked the bid again to see if I can afford the rider (by selling another rider) and saw that the price is still about 200k above the bid. So I resubmitted the bid (unchanged value) and now it says 17:11 as end of bid. see image:
bug-marke-bid-2.PNG
bug-marke-bid-2.PNG (41.5 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Is the calculation still off, or is this due to an old version?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Market - Bidding

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:34 pm

This bug has been solved with v0.3.5.

The "Bid Reached" should be correct now.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:18 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:34 pm

hm now I sold some old riders to get him (had 2.2 mio), than went on "buy now" -> there was some error like, I cannot make a bet AND buy him now, deleted my bet, tried to buy him, Error that my money is not enough (which is false), cleared all, made a bet with the current price (error due to calculation error of the date), canceled it again, tried to buy him directly and it says he is already in team r Quick :(

Now the money is gone and rider is at another team
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:56 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:34 pm

hm now I sold some old riders to get him (had 2.2 mio), than went on "buy now" -> there was some error like, I cannot make a bet AND buy him now, deleted my bet, tried to buy him, Error that my money is not enough (which is false), cleared all, made a bet with the current price (error due to calculation error of the date), canceled it again, tried to buy him directly and it says he is already in team r Quick :(

Now the money is gone and rider is at another team
Update: Checked the bids in the database, Team Erkrath RS had the highest bid and also the money (1.900.000), my bid in the database is 1.802.600 but the time to get the rider is set to "never". Still it looks like this amount of money was transfered from my account (had more than 2.2 mio, now ~400k). r Quick's accepted bid was 1.802.220.

The bid of Team Erkrath RS was rejected with label "RejectedTooLow" but the reason for the rejection is, that he already has 4 20 year old guys.

PS: Edited the post due to quick's info about 20 year old guys in Erkraths team
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:09 am

Two bids very close to each other. Lower bid gets the rider. Sounds like the old, known transfer bug in the end. (Nothing to do with React Frontend for now, even though we could be able to solve it in the future.)

What did luques usually do in these cases? Transfer the rider to the other team?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:12 am

Didn't see this post yesterday.

I know last month Manghi got a rider he buggily bought transfered to another team, so would expect you to do the same now.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:28 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:09 am
Two bids very close to each other. Lower bid gets the rider. Sounds like the old, known transfer bug in the end. (Nothing to do with React Frontend for now, even though we could be able to solve it in the future.)

What did luques usually do in these cases? Transfer the rider to the other team?
1) I am ok when Quick gets the rider, it was close, no problem
2) NO it is not the old bug, because the money was transfered from my account + there were several things not working
2.1) After I sold my riders and wanted to buy the rider directly there was a bug (probably you cannot place a bit AND trie to buy the rider directly)
2.2) After that I quit my bid and tried to buy the rider directly, there was a bug saying I don't have enough money which was wrong
2.3) Now I tried to get the rider by placing the current prize as a bid, there was a bug telling me it cannot calculate the end date of the bid (which is not really surprising me as I think about it)
2.4) I cleared the bid and tried again to buy him directly -> Now it told me that the rider is already in team r QUICK

So at least there are problems to be fixed for buying a rider directly when you already have placed a bid AND update your current balance after selling riders.

To be clear, I have used the procedure many times before
-) Place a bid to get a time when the rider reaches a certain price range
-) Check at time if the rider is still available
-) Sell riders to reach the price of the rider
-) Buy the rider directly

PS: The bid I placed appears to be buggy when you look at the database, there is no "end" date even though the bid is higher than quicks, probably this is the reason for the good old bug, but probably it is just resulting from the errors listed above. Probably it is just the bid I tried to place when quick already got the rider.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:58 am

Don't actually know too much about the bugs, so maybe my contribution not useful ( there's a first for everything :D )

The old bug was when it was very close, (how close don't know, maybe same minute?) and then the earlier bid got it, if I remember correctly what Luques said once.

He used to then give the rider to the higher bid, last guy to profit from that was me! Then he realized it happens regularly and decided to let it be, the guy who gets the rider gets him, no correction.

One possible explanation for one of AAD's problem could be: After selling you have to leave the market and then go back in. It's not updated otherwise. Sold a rider yesterday, tried to bid but couldn't, too many riders... went out, back in, then it worked.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:58 am
Don't actually know too much about the bugs, so maybe my contribution not useful ( there's a first for everything :D )

The old bug was when it was very close, (how close don't know, maybe same minute?) and then the earlier bid got it, if I remember correctly what Luques said once.

He used to then give the rider to the higher bid, last guy to profit from that was me! Then he realized it happens regularly and decided to let it be, the guy who gets the rider gets him, no correction.

One possible explanation for one of AAD's problem could be: After selling you have to leave the market and then go back in. It's not updated otherwise. Sold a rider yesterday, tried to bid but couldn't, too many riders... went out, back in, then it worked.
Well funny thing was, that it was shown correctly within the market window, I re-entered the market after step 2.2, but still different errors even before.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points