Selling price calculation

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Weirdos

Selling price calculation

Post by Weirdos » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Hey there,

we seem to have a bug in the calculation of selling prices - at least for some riders, for others it works as it should.
My rider Katsushika Hokusai is one of the bad examples: his selling price is calculated based on the buying price instead of his actual value.

value: 3.264.779
- 5% (capital)
- 12% (compensation)
= selling price: 2.112.318 ---> wrong!

buying price = 2.526.697 *0,05 *0,88 = 2.112.318

This is not right. We can't have this in our society. Please fix.

Best
Dr. W

Robyklebt

Re: Selling price calculation

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Weirdos wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Hey there,

we seem to have a bug in the calculation of selling prices - at least for some riders, for others it works as it should.
My rider Katsushika Hokusai is one of the bad examples: his selling price is calculated based on the buying price instead of his actual value.

value: 3.264.779
- 5% (capital)
- 12% (compensation)
= selling price: 2.112.318 ---> wrong!

buying price = 2.526.697 *0,05 *0,88 = 2.112.318

This is not right. We can't have this in our society. Please fix.

Best
Dr. W
Hi Dr. W

Donkey here, don't start running!

Actually after looking at the rider and his transfer history, I don't think it's a bug.
He was sold by Katschberger for 2'550'302 His value at that point.... no idea, but probably around 3 millions or since Katschberger being the inept manager that he is didn't train him properly, so maybe a bit below...
You then bought him for 2'526'697. That's... x% Under 100% for sure. And under 95% too, possibly that's relevant too, don't remember exactly.

So he's a "cheapened rider", and for those, there is another rule. I don't recall the details precisely. Ah, actually the ingame help seems to have it, at least in German:
Verkaufswert (Erlös):Fahrer die man gekauft hat, die schon einen Namen hatten, kann man auch nur maximal zu diesem Preis wieder verkaufen. Sinkt der Marktwert allerdings unter den damaligen Kaufpreis, so wird dieser entsprechend reduziert. Eine Ausnahme bilden hier die Fahrer, die nur bis zu 5% billiger als der eigentliche Marktwert waren. Diese Fahrer können in ihrem Verkaufswert auch steigen, wenn sie durch Training entsprechend stärker werden. Sie werden also wie die "name geben"-Fahrer behandelt.Jedes Team erhält beim Verkauf jedoch nur einen bestimmten Anteil des Marktwertes als Erlös. Dieser Anteil hängt vom Gesamtkapital des Teams (d.h. Guthaben plus Gesamtwert aller Fahrer) ab. So kann er zwischen 95% (ärmere Teams) und 30% (reichere Teams) liegen.
Not sure if it's in the English version.

Anyway, riders bought for under 95% won't gain value with regards to their selling price. Hokusai was clearly bought for under 95%, so it applies to him. The basis for the sales price will be the price you bought him for. But once his value falls below the price you bought him for, the selling price will be calculated from that lower value.

So basically by buying one of these "under 95% riders" you're then stuck with him sort of, unless you want to make a loss. Can sell him normally only once he's old and his value below the your buying price. Looks like you'll have to ride the wave with Hokusai... or sell him at a loss. Although as long as you are at 5% tax it's not really such a big loss, just wait till he has been in your team 50 days so that compensation thing is gone.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Weirdos

Re: Selling price calculation

Post by Weirdos » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Thx a lot for this explanation, hazardrous donkey. Seems like I was perfectly right to post it in the q&a-thread for beginners first, before I was sent here. :D

The cheap-rider effect explains it, didn't know about that. (I don't plan on selling Hokusai right now, so no problem anyways.)
Only thing that seems wrong in the help-explanation is that the rider obv doesn't need to have a name before (well, he probably had one, but not anymore when I bought him?), but that's just a minor detail...