Another bug with youth limit TM

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

sgumgub

Another bug with youth limit TM

Post by sgumgub » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Hey all,
so it seems it doesnt allow me to buy another young sprinter (20yo) with the following quote:

"You have too many prospective sprint leaders in your team (sprint over 75, younger than 24)"

But is bugged.
Robinson is 21 and 85 sprint, ok.
Riddick is 23 and 77 sprint, well...

he will be 24 by the time the 20yo will be in my team. In fact, I will be able to buy a 21yo youth sprinter next season (I let that check by a different team).
So exactly the same 2 riders, exactly the same ages. But I cant buy him now, but can buy him in 2 days. Bug!

Seems like this was introduced, when we didnt have the youth market. So it doesnt account for 20yo coming to the team only next season so it should treat all ages of the other guys as +1.

Stupid rule, even more stupid when it is bugged.

Cheers,
katze

sgumgub

Re: Another bug with youth limit TM

Post by sgumgub » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 am

dude...I want to sell one of my big sprinters for the young one...

luques

Post by luques » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Found just now the time to answer.

Considering that the white jersey is still possible at 24, I don't know honestly how it was supposed to work. If really the sense should be "under 24 yo" or "under or equal to 24yo".

I don't know also what the others think about these rules, if there is some improvements possible (just to make everything together and not coming back later).

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 am

as said...After rollover, I was able to buy exactly the same rider while still having exactly the same team.
And it says "under 24" in all languages, I tried.

It is obvious, it has been introduced before we had the extra youth market and no one cared to add the "+1" in for these rules. You can find in your PMs another bug with the same problem if you remember.
But yes, the whole sense of these limitations should be open for discussion, especially the sprint one here.

But that doesnt change that the bug should be eliminated

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 am

But yes, the whole sense of these limitations should be open for discussion, especially the sprint one here.
Ah, of course. Limitations that hurt you need to be eliminated, and more limitations that hurt others introduced... Wasn't it you that wanted to limit the flat riders teams without sprinters can have? (Rhetorical question, no need to answer)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Ah, of course. Limitations that hurt you need to be eliminated, and more limitations that hurt others introduced... Wasn't it you that wanted to limit the flat riders teams without sprinters can have? (Rhetorical question, no need to answer)
No...I will juist ignore the last part as it was stupid^^

But why is the limitation stupid? Because it hurts me? sure, but not only because of that, but because it is stupid.

See, me and you could immediatly buy 2 95sprinters + a 90 one.
But as for youths, you are only allowed to have 2 riders below 24 with 75 sprint or more.
if someone has 75 or 77 sprint at the end of 24, he is not going to be a sprintleader. He would at max end up at 85 sprint with much luck. So it doesnt account for hill sprinters at all for example or leadouts. So yeah, this is debatable in my opinion.

But as said before, the bug is not debatable at all and should simply be taken care of, or am I mistaken?

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:00 am

Are you actually reading? Not sure if you troll. What does selling an old Sprinter have to Do with the Problem? You really need to learn reading man

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:37 am

he just isnt the smartest, no need to harm him because of that.
anyway i think by knowing the limitations it is easy to build your team in a useful way but still following them. no need to have 2 sprinters + leadout below 24 and even if you want to have it that way you could do it by just using your brain^^

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:05 pm

ProTour-Team wrote:he just isnt the smartest, no need to harm him because of that.
anyway i think by knowing the limitations it is easy to build your team in a useful way but still following them. no need to have 2 sprinters + leadout below 24 and even if you want to have it that way you could do it by just using your brain^^
dude...really.

I agree with you in two things:
1.) IDF isnt the smartest obviously
2.) There are other ways to build a team, agreed. I can still question the system, though. not?

BUT...This is about a BUG!

I can now buy immediatly a 21yo 82 sprinter, no problem. But I wasnt able to buy a 20yo youth one last month. Does that make sense? NO. It even stated the limitations and the limitations are BUGGED for the youth rider market,
This thread is about the BUG, a BUG. BUG-forum, you know?

Does this community really not care about bugs in a game they play daily? I dont get it

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:07 pm

1) idefix isn't rfm
2) it isn't a bug. Currently, the rules is "you can't have more than 6 u23 riders". It a bit different than "you can't have more than 6 riders between 21 and 23 years old, 6 between 20 and 22 yo, 6 between 20 and 21 yo"

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:1) idefix isn't rfm
2) it isn't a bug. Currently, the rules is "you can't have more than 6 u23 riders". It a bit different than "you can't have more than 6 riders between 21 and 23 years old, 6 between 20 and 22 yo, 6 between 20 and 21 yo"
dude...this is a complete different story.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:59 pm

sgumgub wrote:

sgumgub wrote: I can now buy immediatly a 21yo 82 sprinter, no problem. But I wasnt able to buy a 20yo youth one last month. Does that make sense?
It is exactly what I ssaid. Last year you had 2 23yo + 3 22yo + 1 20 yo, so already 6 young under 23 yo, so it was impossible to buy another 20 yo because you already reach the limit which say you can't have more than 6 riders u23

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:33 am

it was idefix and not rfm commenting but whatever :D
yap, being unable to buy a 20yo when you can buy a 21yo the next month is a bug but i cant change that with commenting here, i can only make fun of idiotic answers of guys like ide^^

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
sgumgub wrote:

sgumgub wrote: I can now buy immediatly a 21yo 82 sprinter, no problem. But I wasnt able to buy a 20yo youth one last month. Does that make sense?
It is exactly what I ssaid. Last year you had 2 23yo + 3 22yo + 1 20 yo, so already 6 young under 23 yo, so it was impossible to buy another 20 yo because you already reach the limit which say you can't have more than 6 riders u23
sorry man...talking to you just doesnt make any sense. I hope you will never be in charge for too much in this game
ProTour-Team wrote:it was idefix and not rfm commenting but whatever :D
yap, being unable to buy a 20yo when you can buy a 21yo the next month is a bug but i cant change that with commenting here, i can only make fun of idiotic answers of guys like ide^^
someone at least acknowledging that is IS a bug and why it is a bug is a start tho. Not sure what happened with this community, but it seems like it stalled completely.