auto-refresh

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

should be autorefresh cut down? ( temporaly, to try if some bugs desappears? )

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:38 pm

yes
65%
no
35%

Total votes: 17

auxilium torino

auto-refresh

Post by auxilium torino » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 pm

i read last day with luques, and he mean is possible that problem for so much bugs can be also the autorefresh, dued that give more work to the server!
I think is better if autorefresh get disable for some day, only to see if the game work better!
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Chense

Re: auto-refresh

Post by Chense » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:44 pm

I like this suggestion ... auto-refresh is nothing special anyway ... like those 3 / 10 sec shit just make it 3 or 5 seconds for all and fine! ;)

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:46 pm

I CAN'T PLAY the game without auto refresh.
*stop making a poll for any thing that comes in your mind...

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Chense wrote:I like this suggestion ... auto-refresh is nothing special anyway ... like those 3 / 10 sec shit just make it 3 or 5 seconds for all and fine! ;)
in moment shold be cut off, then , the problem is more autorefresh, more work for server, more bugs (also, is probably one reason)...if should stay probably better less as more, like 1 time every 20 seconds or so,m but not every 3 seconds ( you must think, every autorefresh is a click, and some players click the mouse every seconds, but autorefresh still working, and is one click more)

luques

Post by luques » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Well the thing is actually related (at least the most) to peloton splitting. I noted that when it happens (when it really splits ) it is because the work for the server is high.
Reducing the work could then improve in general speed. How to do that? Decreasing number of refresh as said up, improving code in general and some other things (and in any case have to talk with Leso/Buh before).

But would be nice to see what people think about autorefreshing (or at least autorefreshing every 3''), to understand in what direction this improvement should go.

Chense

Post by Chense » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:46 pm

cataracs wrote:I CAN'T PLAY the game without auto refresh.
*stop making a poll for any thing that comes in your mind...
Why shouldnt you be able to play without auto refresh? You cant push a (newly programmed and designed without this arrows and so on) refresh button?

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:22 pm

In the important part of the race every player dosen't wait for the autorefresh but click on it, I'm sure abot that..but doing it all the race? nah..though reducing the time of auto refreshing is ok to all

Chense

Post by Chense » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Well we rode races like years without autorefresh and it worked ;) it would be a way to keep the server more relaxed ;)

but well we could discuss this in another topic in the technique part i think here its just about abolishing it for now for a test

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:53 am

Hmm...correct me if i'm wrong...isn't it a fact that the auto-refresh prevents you from getting taken out of a race due the 60% rule...
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Chense

Post by Chense » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:21 pm

It prevents you from beeing taken out as long as you have the site open and just don´t refresh - I think the autorefresh does not work if you have c4f open in a second tab - but thats just a guess and I am not sure ... anyway its just some NOT needed thing

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Chense wrote:It prevents you from beeing taken out as long as you have the site open and just don´t refresh - I think the autorefresh does not work if you have c4f open in a second tab - but thats just a guess and I am not sure ... anyway its just some NOT needed thing
I don´t care exactly, but i was working on others side or programm, and when i come back on RSF tab, sometimes i still online more then 10 km, sometimes no, but i never looking exactly what happens!
Anyway intresting to see that several teams prefere still with bugs and autorefresh, and not try to eliminat the bugs!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Auto refresh is useless in my point of view, just refreshing myself is enough

Chense

Post by Chense » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Lol i eat drink make homework watch movies and whatever besides playing c4f ... and that with mostly disabled autorefresh :)

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Idéfix wrote:Auto refresh is useless most of the times, BUT auto refresh will cost more time to everyplayer. I explain:

You all know that a RSF race costs a big amount of time to each player. Well, some players do nothing else of their lives - like me in my beginnings here. But if you are a busy player, when you ride a RSF race, you can do a lot of things. For example, you can eat in front of RSF. When you eat, especially if you do it with your fingers, it is not very nice to have to click every 20-30 secs to refresh, to see if you have to take a decision or to see how the race goes km by km. You can also read (keeping an eye on RSF on your screen), dance, or knit. Without auto refresh, you won't have the possibility to keep doing all this with the best peacefulness. Be seriously aware of that.

is a Joke, or??
in old design we haven´t a autorefresh, and nobody have a problem!
And anyway, i prefere to refresh same as to play with a lot of stupid bugs!

luques

Post by luques » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 pm

The old design/version is anyway still available, don't know if someone wants to check, it probably won't have splits but some other bugs (final sprint is not shown f.e.).

Chense

Post by Chense » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 am

Afaik most functions dont work anymore with the old design ... but maybe ill just try it by running todays ttt

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:16 am

Luques, some news about this parts..i think should be an easy work, comparated to others problem, and probably will work better...