registered problem

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

adidier24

registered problem

Post by adidier24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 pm

it's been two days in a row since I registered, my runners are registered and I'm not in the startlist at the start... I rechecked at 8:15 p.m. everything was in order and at 8:35 p.m. I disappeared from the startlist...

Alkworld

Re: registered problem

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:47 pm

adidier24 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:46 pm
it's been two days in a row since I registered, my runners are registered and I'm not in the startlist at the start... I rechecked at 8:15 p.m. everything was in order and at 8:35 p.m. I disappeared from the startlist...
What's your team name?

adidier24

Post by adidier24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Intermarche Wanty Belgium

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:11 pm

The problem is that we cannot look in the past of the database, but the typical problems are not present
- you have enough money
- all riders are named

What could have happened is that you tried to sign up a rider after your session has expired, but that's just a wild guess. When did you register your riders and when did you last check that all 9 riders are there? I saw you logged on just before 8pm, then again at 8:40

adidier24

Post by adidier24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm

I already registered my team yesterday et just have a look before 8h like you said... and enough money, 9/9 riders registered... no reason...
The session expired is not possible cause i registered yesterday and look this night...

I am a math and computer science teacher... so I know how the refresh works, how the site works once a deadline has passed... this is really a bug... already had this kind of problem last year, reason i stop the game...and same for now...

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 am

OK, I can talk more technical ;)
Until now, we didn't know about any existing bugs when signing up. I think the way to find the bug here is for me to create more logging in the race start script to see what went wrong in your case. At the moment, I can only see afterwards if there has been an exception, but in your case there wasn't any.
Let me know, when you try to sign up next time, so we can have a deeper look.

Edit: Added logging to the code, so next time your inscription fails, I'll have more info. But right now, I still can't see a bug there. Maybe the bug is already in the inscription itself.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 am

Alkworld wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 am
OK, I can talk more technical ;)
Until now, we didn't know about any existing bugs when signing up. I think the way to find the bug here is for me to create more logging in the race start script to see what went wrong in your case. At the moment, I can only see afterwards if there has been an exception, but in your case there wasn't any.
Let me know, when you try to sign up next time, so we can have a deeper look.

Edit: Added logging to the code, so next time your inscription fails, I'll have more info. But right now, I still can't see a bug there. Maybe the bug is already in the inscription itself.
Well there where some occasionally appearing inscription bugs in the past. I am not sure if any of these got spotted and corrected but there was this strange bug that teams appeared in the race chat but there teams were missing in the race. But it seems this wasn't the case here (IWB wrote in the spectator chat about his issue, so I think he had no access to the race chat). Some inscription failures happened here and there, but I cannot remember them to be concentrated on a special team.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

adidier24

Post by adidier24 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm

Good evening,

I'm registered for this evening... we'll see.

I have enough money, 9 riders... it should be fine I hope.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 pm

I've had some kind of bug appearing a few times for me, but since I just deal with it I forgot to post.

Sometimes when I'm done registering riders and everything looks fine, I check the "race details" and there it says my inscribed riders are 6/8 or something like that (riders missing), I go back to the riders list and everything is fine, trying to un-inscribe then inscribe a rider usually wouldn't fix it so I un inscribe my whole team and redo again.

This happened to me like 3-4 times the past two months if I remember correctly.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 pm

adidier24 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm
Good evening,

I'm registered for this evening... we'll see.

I have enough money, 9 riders... it should be fine I hope.
I can confirm you are registered with 8/8 riders

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am

cataracs wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 pm
I've had some kind of bug appearing a few times for me, but since I just deal with it I forgot to post.

Sometimes when I'm done registering riders and everything looks fine, I check the "race details" and there it says my inscribed riders are 6/8 or something like that (riders missing), I go back to the riders list and everything is fine, trying to un-inscribe then inscribe a rider usually wouldn't fix it so I un inscribe my whole team and redo again.

This happened to me like 3-4 times the past two months if I remember correctly.
I had the same kind of bug at least once

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

OK, there's one bug I know of: When you inscribe, then look at a different race, then go back to "My Inscription", the previously watched race remains in the memory. I guess I need to do some cleanup there.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm

OK, there's one bug I know of: When you inscribe, then look at a different race, then go back to "My Inscription", the previously watched race remains in the memory. I guess I need to do some cleanup there.

Elaska

Post by Elaska » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:47 pm

Hello, I ve seen this king of bug too. But I paid attention and correct it.

When you registered your riders under inscription everything looks fine. The riders got inscribed with their #number.

But then when I looked in race details I see for my team in inscribed riders only 4/9 or 5/9 for example. But under inscription everything is fine 9 riders registered.

So I had to uniscribe and to inscribe again the riders to get it fixed.

Hope it can helps you
2024-01-30 Big Donkey Elaska 1 Good move, good reading of the race, just the sprint didn't work out. High quality racing.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 pm

Should be fixed with 1.30.0