Sprint train "in tempo" bug

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Sprint train "in tempo" bug

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 am

Happened twice in races I was present.
A sprint train isn't built at all like was planned, both managers experienced and useless (FL and Gaurain) and assured everyone that they had the right settings (Asking how they were seemed to confirm that they were the right ones)

Case 1 during the Giro: FL, 3 rider train. Rider1, Rider2, Benni. Benni in tempo the last km. The train. Rider1, Rider2, Somebody else follows Rider 2 and Benni is somewhere else, not in the same line as he normally would be if somebody just was stronger and stole the wheel. He was the "head" of another line.

Case 2 GP Aargau yesterday: Seeldrayers-Timonier-Maréchal train planned. Seeldrayers is where he is supposed to be, going full power. Nobody on his wheel. Timonier, the guy in tempo is somewhere WAAAAY back, one of the last ones in the huge line there was behind Maréchal. Maréchal nr 3 in the planned train was the "head" of a line (where almost everybody else was placed)

So in both cases the rider that was in tempo the last km "disrupted the line". No guarantee that the red tempo was really responsible, but looks like a good chance it was. Once position 2, once position 3.
You could say "realism" and good like that... the guy that is in tempo won't then go back to being nr 2 or 3 in a train... but if that's the case it makes even less sense to have him end up as one of the last ones at 450 meters when the sprint starts... And from a game play view it's not good anyway, the train should be built regardless of who is in tempo and who not.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

gaurain rx

Re: Sprint train "in tempo" bug

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:05 am

I confirm what petit wrote!

If it's a feature, it would be nice to know!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 pm

did they follow another guy ?

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:35 pm

read the starting post.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:45 pm

team fl wrote:read the starting post.
Robyklebt wrote:Happened twice in races I was present.
A sprint train isn't built at all like was planned, both managers experienced and useless (FL and Gaurain) and assured everyone that they had the right settings (Asking how they were seemed to confirm that they were the right ones)

Case 1 during the Giro: FL, 3 rider train. Rider1, Rider2, Benni. Benni in tempo the last km. The train. Rider1, Rider2, Somebody else follows Rider 2 and Benni is somewhere else, not in the same line as he normally would be if somebody just was stronger and stole the wheel. He was the "head" of another line.

Case 2 GP Aargau yesterday: Seeldrayers-Timonier-Maréchal train planned. Seeldrayers is where he is supposed to be, going full power. Nobody on his wheel. Timonier, the guy in tempo is somewhere WAAAAY back, one of the last ones in the huge line there was behind Maréchal. Maréchal nr 3 in the planned train was the "head" of a line (where almost everybody else was placed)

So in both cases the rider that was in tempo the last km "disrupted the line". No guarantee that the red tempo was really responsible, but looks like a good chance it was. Once position 2, once position 3.
You could say "realism" and good like that... the guy that is in tempo won't then go back to being nr 2 or 3 in a train... but if that's the case it makes even less sense to have him end up as one of the last ones at 450 meters when the sprint starts... And from a game play view it's not good anyway, the train should be built regardless of who is in tempo and who not.
I am tired, but I see nothing who says if your riders follow or not a rider of another team.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm

assured everyone that they had the right settings
meaning: no. :P
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm

It wasn't mentioned.
Since I only knew that in FLs case no other riders were followed. IN Gaurains case I don't know.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 pm

team fl wrote:
assured everyone that they had the right settings
meaning: no. :P
my definition of right settingd can be different than yours :lol:

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Robyklebt wrote: [...]
Since I only knew that in FLs case no other riders were followed. [...]
Multi? :D :lol: :mrgreen:

sorry for spam

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Sorry for the late answer. I will look at this.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 pm

bug is still there...today us nats

benioff, renner, cunnigham rode tempo at the last km

train:
henderson 1st, helping benioff
benioff 2nd, helping blatchford, following
blatchford 3rd, following

result: henderson, benioff sprinted as train...but blatchford was in the wind a few inches back

checked before the srpint: not one of my rider had following another rider from a different team
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

IDF

Post by IDF » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Me too ...
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm

*push*
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:31 am

I have one idea. I will try to make a local test for this fix tomorrow. (So i have not upload any fix until now!)

luques

Post by luques » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:55 pm

This bug is still present, happened today at Tour de L'Ain at 13h.

Mansilla was doing tempo at last km and didn't follow my train.
Also Equipe Math had the same problem with Milan who was set to launch the sprint