Language flag, Romanian

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Language flag, Romanian

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:14 am

For some reason the Romanian players, that seem to be increasing, there's a few around, aren't shown with their flag, but just an empty slot where for other people and apes the language flag is. At least in Apeland, maybe it's a problem only here? Correct that, give the Romanians their language flag.

Then after you did that take it away again, I'm going off-topic into technic, ask Octavian Marginantu why.

Kill the language flags. No, not because swiss apes, austrian formula geniuses, etc dislike having a German flag next to their team, but: More and more I see people who misuse the language flag. Put english, spanish, not because that's their language, but just like that, is cool? Or something else? Don't really know, but some of those non german speakers seem only to be able to speak german anyway....You then still can play with another language version, put "portuguese" as language in the profile, then play with the German version, no problem. I have German as language and play in english for example.

But the language info IMO is important. It's about who can speak what. Who the new player from France who only speaks french can ask something. So:

Option 1: Make it depending on the language version you are actually using. Not perfect since then I'm an english speaker, while I'm a native Bernese speaker. (That's the language where all indo germanic languages come from)
Option 2: Much nicer.
a) Make different drop down menu in the profile. a) mother tongue b) Other language 1 c) other language 2 etc etc. Then, we see all languages a manager feels he is able to more or less use.
b) to avoid the "flag abuse" described at the start) make it with letters. D or G for German, B for Bernese, F for french, I for italian, E for english, E or S for spanish. Ok, more complicated without flags..... then leave the flags after all but install a tough fine regime for flag abusers.

Ok, more maybe later somewhere in technic... give Romanian speakers their Romanian flag for a start.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Re: Language flag, Romanian

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:58 am

Ok, forget the long complicated post.

But give the romanians their romanian language flat :!:
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

toreeto

Post by toreeto » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 am

Yes,we want our country flag :D

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 am

Okay okay, you will get it next days :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:39 am

The Romanians still don't have their language flag.