Rewards for Designers

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

Rewards for Designers

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:46 am

Vuelta design ongoing, so as calendar manager I slowly feel the pressure of doing it myself... But I would like to spend more time coding and less time designing (even though I really like designing, too).

So I wondered, how can we reward (and motivate) designers? Easiest idea: For each published race, the designer gets a symbolic allowance (Aufwandsentschädigung) of e.g. 5000. Good arguments against it: The whole game is based on volunteering. Developers, FPC members, etc also get paid nothing, so better not change it. Well, we could also give 5000 per solved fairplay case or 5000 per released new version. But ok, not ideal... so looking for better rewards.

Dreizehn suggested to give points, not money, and then you can do something with the points (buy special riders e.g.). Interesting idea but somehow the points are very similar to money then, no?

One of the best rewards would probably be to improve the Editor. And it will happen. But the less I design, the more time I have for coding, so we are turning in circles a bit.

Another idea is to just have some statistics on who designed how many (published) races, so there can be some rewards like "most active Designer in 2023", somewhere shown on the team's page. But not sure that would really motivate you.

So, designers, tell me, what would motivate you to design more?
And, other teams, what would motivate you to volunteer and join the designing fun?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

lennylenny

Re: Rewards for Designers

Post by lennylenny » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:09 am

What would motivate me?
Understanding the designer a bit better
Using editor more efficiently, this is mostly routine related

But the biggest point:
Having more free time in my day to design
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

schappy

Post by schappy » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:00 pm

I will do the Vuelta at the weekend. No Matter.

Rewards are not necessary in my Opinion. We do this, beacause we want to do this.
A little bit at the Editor we can do (Pave sections, not every KM for example, no jumbing after press a button...), but i like it more and more.

I mean, we have now much more designer then a few weeks ago.
I´ve got the magic in me

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:54 pm

chosing a time to ride maybe?

not sure if the would motivate many people but i would design some races just to be able to ride at 20h more often ^^
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:52 pm

- Let them a slot for one of their fantasy tour or classics during the off season
- some free license and payment is back (not only designers but all people involved in the work)