World / Continental / National Championships

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Gipfelstuermer

World / Continental / National Championships

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 am

Something for the far future... may be something for 2023 season, but not earlier... nonetheless, worth discussing... because if you don't want it at all, we can delete it from the To-Do-List for the new React Version...

But it's obviously not my preference, as I seem to be part of a small minority who likes National Championships, European Championships and World Championships... I tried this Survey about NCs, but the picture was not very clear. Maybe we just have all sorts of opinions. Ask 10 players, get 11 opinions :) So we ended up not having any NCs. Same for European Championships. Same seems to be happening with WCs, even if there is still a small chance for a normal race.

But this is just a very general thread... what kind of ideas do you have for these sorts of Championships? Normal race doesn't seem to be very popular? Old system also wasn't very popular with very low participation in NCs and usually lots of complaining about the WC system, even if participation was acceptable there if I remember correctly.... So any smart ideas for the future? What kind of championship would be fun in this game?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Re: World / Continental / National Championships

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:04 am

My thoughts:

- NCs: max. 6 riders per team, win the "flag, but no points, no money. 2-4 times a year seems sensible to me

- WCs: Usually I don't participate, but the "old" system was not that bad I think. At least I cannot think of a better solution. Would not have a problem with it happening 1-4 times a year.

- Continental Championships: Why not, similar to the WCs I guess, 1-4 times a year..

- Olympic race: Don't know about this one.... maybe once a year? Do we need it? System similar to WCs I guess too.

I won't miss NCs or WCs a lot, hardly thought about Continental Championships or an Olympic race before. But I guess it could spice up the usual C4F routine a bit. Anyway, I would not give any points or money for these race. Glory and honour as well as the flag/jersey.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

schappy

Post by schappy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:12 am

My two Opinions:

- NC´s doenst need for us. Most of the races in the past with more active teams was only one or two guys be there in a race. Make the game betterto have this?? For me not.

- WC: For me one each year with the real life WC. Otherwise for me it is only a fantasy race for the guys who likes this.

- Olympia same as WC, only the real race.
I´ve got the magic in me

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:32 am

IMO you have your answer already. In your own post.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 am
Something for the far future
All seems premature, is like thinking if a 3 year old should study philosophy or physics.

It's not a priority for Alk and you programming right now. And at the same time it isn't really a priority for the rest of us, we're busy trying to figure out what is missing here and there, what could be better there and here. NC wasn't ready for the real NC in June, not surprising, no problem, why think further about it. WC system not ready for September, ok same, no problem.

I assume the general assumption is/was: Old c4f is being transferred from flash to react, no changes, all the same, it will be ready when it will be ready. And we'll use up more brain power to propose changes/improvements once it becomes a bit less far in the future. Right now we're all happy with the continuing improvements in the migration from flash to react.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:34 am

schappy wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:12 am
My two Opinions:

- NC´s doenst need for us. Most of the races in the past with more active teams was only one or two guys be there in a race. Make the game betterto have this?? For me not.

- WC: For me one each year with the real life WC. Otherwise for me it is only a fantasy race for the guys who likes this.

- Olympia same as WC, only the real race.
I think NCs have a certain charm for some players. As long as they don't get money or points, why not have them (if the admins don't mind the effort...).

WCs, Continental Cs and Oympic race at the real date: Why not? The only thing that indicates the need for more editions is the fast aging of C4F riders. But I wouldn't mind that.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:34 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:32 am
IMO you have your answer already. In your own post.
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 am
Something for the far future
All seems premature, is like thinking if a 3 year old should study philosophy or physics.

It's not a priority for Alk and you programming right now. And at the same time it isn't really a priority for the rest of us, we're busy trying to figure out what is missing here and there, what could be better there and here. NC wasn't ready for the real NC in June, not surprising, no problem, why think further about it. WC system not ready for September, ok same, no problem.

I assume the general assumption is/was: Old c4f is being transferred from flash to react, no changes, all the same, it will be ready when it will be ready. And we'll use up more brain power to propose changes/improvements once it becomes a bit less far in the future. Right now we're all happy with the continuing improvements in the migration from flash to react.
And exactly that.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:37 am

i loved them both!

National ... only for the flag very nice!
We are not so many manager like a few years ago ... so i think races only for the best 20-25 nations will be nice!
4times in a year would be ok.

WM ... nice to have i think, 1 time a year like the WM.

Olympia every 4 years like the real Olympiarace.

a few points and money for the best 3 would be ok.

But perhaps it give other earlier problems.
But like you sayed. ask 10 get 14 answers :-)