RSF Classics for the offseason calender

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Laurens88

Re: RSF Classics for the offseason calender

Post by Laurens88 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:10 pm

I would like to add the following 2 races to the list:
- Crawford - Montego Bay (07.12.2019; all kinds of winners possible due to the mountains in the middle)
- GP Praia (15.12.2019; typical hilly sprint race, or not?)

I agree with Hobart Hills, Dolisie - Pointe Noire, Taca Setubal and Grand Prix de Agadir, so give them a +1 from me.

Also I liked Gravel and Tar (19.01.2019, lots of 1* pavé) but not sure if that is a fantasy race or not. :D

CarreraBlueJeans

Post by CarreraBlueJeans » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:49 pm

About Fantasy Classics....

1. Affoltern am Albis - Affoltern am Ablis (ridden 22.10.18)

2. Bovo Marina - San Giorgio (ridden 31.10.18)

3. Sciccareddu 2019

i would like to ride 1 + 2 again and make them with 3 to Classics cat. 2.

;-)
Carrera Blue Jeans

Prima gara: 13.04.2018 // Prima vittoria: 01.06.2018

Gare disputate: 831 // Vittorie: 87

Vittorie piu prestigiose:

GP Harelbeke 2019/2021
2 tappe al Giro d'Italia 2019
1 tappa al Tour de France 2020
Gent - Wavelgem 2021

Tukhtahuaev

Post by Tukhtahuaev » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Classics from last year that I don't like:
San Benito Matagalpa
GP Pattaya

Adding to nominations:
Isola de Pantelleria (06.11.2018)
GP Zamora (30.11.2018)
Whitianga Cycling Day (02.01.2019)

Mangahn

Post by Mangahn » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Hobart Hills 12.01.2019
what a classic :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Short update:

IN: of course not all can come in....
The minus for own races not applied yet. Dates added, except for 2 where I didn't find them.. will look again later.

- Hobart Hills 12.01.2019 3

- Grand Prix de Agadir (30.12.17)2
- Dolisie - Point Noire, (19.12.17)2
- Taca Sebutal 2 (10.11.17)

- Huya - Cyangugu, (21.12.17) 1
- Bafu GP (11.12.17)
- Yaounde Race 1
- GP of San Diego 1 (24.11.17)
- Casablanca - Kraoucha (29.12.17) 1
- Crawford - Montego Bay (07.12.2018) 1
- GP Praia (15.12.2018) 1
-Affoltern am Albis - Affoltern am Ablis (22.10.18) 1
- Bovo Marina - San Giorgio ( 31.10.18) 1
- Isola de Pantelleria (06.11.2018)
- GP Zamora (30.11.2018)

Disqualified:
- Sciccareddu 2019 2019 makes it a first time race., see rules, not allowed.
- Whitianga Cycling Day (02.01.2019) Downhill pavé bug!

OUT: (dates last raced see above, classics in 2018/19

GP Pattaya 2
San Benito Matagalpa 1

Excellent that we have so many proposals! MOre ok!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:37 pm

More?

The Donkey is getting to it too now:

+
Crawford - Montego Bay
Hobart Hills (It's actually very similar to my beloved Napier Bluff Hill Circuit, we should pay attention not to put too many similar races in, but 2 is ok)

There's actually 3 more I liked, but since nobody has nominated them to avoid making things more complicated I refrain from bringing them into play too.

+ category:

GP Canyon de Chelly, from 2 to 3: Was 3 2 years ago, since FL insisted on kicking it from his preview and I insisted on demanding it staying in the calendar, downgraded it to category 2. But really want it back at 3. Like it, don't know why, maybe because I've never won it. One of those leso races he put in as cat 2 and nobody knew why, but by now I've gotten used to it and while I haven't been able to ride it for a while, it actually usually turned out to be more interesting than it looks on paper (or on the screen, for those that don't print out profiles) Plus it's been there for a while now, cat 3!!!
Napier Bluff Hill Circuit: Great race the first time we rode it in 2018, still a great race in 2019, so for 2020 I'm for category 3!

- category:
GP Brescia: Ok ok, if we manage to get it down to cat 2, I promise that next year I want demand it's complete removal, will wait 2 years. so demand that it 2021 at the earliest. Reasons for my continued campaigning to get rid of this race: I loved it at first and was the one proposing it for winter classic status. Designed by LCB, the ultimate designing genius at RSF. He really did design fantastic fantasy races. Bolkow Bolkow, Letzebuerg, Brescia. High quality! Anybody knows him and can contact him, tell him to come back and design one day super races for us. But.... nowadays there are 2 problems. 1) It's not the original anymore. Redesigned by leso because it had no coordinates. So it changed from this:
http://www.radsportfreaks.de/radsport/p ... ension=c4f
to this
Last year in the end decided to put on the new version, but I really really prefer the old one, but since leso had used the new one in 2015.... can't overrule leso just like that. Using the old one, I'm more than happy to never demand it's removal (or let's say at the earliest in 2022) With the new one... cat 2 now, in 2 years I'll campaign for "no more Brescia".
Second reason, another European winter classic that needs to be ridden in early November, but if we get the old one, as I said, I'm ok with having it. So the Donkey demand: Either down to cat 2, or use the old version (if somebody has the energy to redraw it even better, with coordinates better) then it can stay cat 3
- Kisoro-Kabale: Another one of those lesossies upgrades from once ridden to cat 2. I have no bloody clue how this got to be cat 3 actually, 2017, so during the glorious reign of yours truly already, must have been drunk or somebody wanted it at cat 3. Checked, as usual was this FL who despite my repeated protest kept listing it at cat 3, without ever actually really demanding it.... I thought he really liked it, since then I realised that he doesn't actually read my posts. Down to 2, there's nothing really special about it, except the ugly profile due to the altitude. No problem with it as cat 2, but cat 3 seems to much to me.

OUT
I'll join the anti- San Benito Matagalpa train.
There's another 1,5 I have my eye on, but will think longer about it.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 pm

After the highly interesting post by our esteemed member Robyklebt above the thing right now looks like this:

The minus for own races not applied yet.
- Hobart Hills 12.01.2019 4

- Grand Prix de Agadir (30.12.17)2
- Dolisie - Point Noire, (19.12.17)2
- Taca Sebutal 2 (10.11.17)
- Crawford - Montego Bay (07.12.2018)2

- Huya - Cyangugu, (21.12.17) 1
- Bafut GP (11.12.17)
- Yaounde Race 1 *
- GP of San Diego 1 (24.11.17)
- Casablanca - Kraoucha (29.12.17) 1
- GP Praia (15.12.2018) 1
-Affoltern am Albis - Affoltern am Ablis (22.10.18) 1
- Bovo Marina - San Giorgio ( 31.10.18) 1
- Isola de Pantelleria (06.11.2018)
- GP Zamora (30.11.2018)

Disqualified:
- Sciccareddu 2019 2019 makes it a first time race., see rules, not allowed.
- Whitianga Cycling Day (02.01.2019) Downhill pavé bug!

OUT: (dates last raced see above, classics in 2018/19

GP Pattaya 2
San Benito Matagalpa 2

As it stands now we would have 5 new classics, losing 2. +3 is ok, more IMO difficult, if we get more nominations, more at 2, we'll need to cut some more races too.

Changes of category:
-GP Brescia: Down to 2. Or back to old profile.
-Kisoro Kabale: Down to 2
-GP de Canyon de Chelly: Up to 3
-Napier Bluff Hill Circuit: Up to 3

* Yaounde race, still haven't figured out when we raced it, but found it in the database:
Simple sprint race with lots of small +/-max +3 and -4 if I saw it correctly. +3 +3 +3 finish, looks rather interesting, and might make it not so simple again. I'm tempted to give it a Donkeyvote too actually. To complicate matters here :lol:

Anyway, keep voting, but at least for November in about a week I'd like to send the big boss Luques my usual proposal, so southern European and North/Central American stuff will be regarded as fix by then if nothing changes here.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:46 pm

New Year, new luck. Suggest the offseason RSF-Classics for 2020/2021!

Copy & Paste from Robyklebt:
Works as usual, if you liked a race in the past years and would like to ride it again, nominate it here. And if you disliked a race with cat 2 or 3 we races last offseason, nominate it here to be kicked.
Non-European races mostly please... North European ones can be re ridden, but more likely in the season and as cat 1, southern European ones could be ridden in November.
RSF Classics last year (category in brackets):

October:

- None

November:

- Gran Premio de Lanzarote (3)
- GP Brescia (3)
- Taca Setubal (2)
- Tour de Okinawa (2)
- GP Coimbra (2)
- Crawford - Montego Bay (2)
- San Francisco classic (2)
- GP Canyon de Chelly(3)
- Villalba GP (2)
- Yamaniguey - La Maguina (2)

December:

- Colombo - Agampodigan (2)
- Gran Prix de Agadir (2)
- Dolisie - Point Noire (2)
- Makete - Kylea (2)
- Kosoro-Kabale (2)
- GP San Migeul de Allende (Pavés de Noel) (3)
- Christmas Islands GP (2)
- GP Bet Lehem - Nazareth (2)
- Tour de Herne (2)
- La St. Sylv (2)
- Catania Etna (La Mt. St. Sylv) (2)

January:

- GP Letzebuerg (3)
- Napier Bluff Hill Circuit (3)
- Boucles de Wallis et Futuna (3)
- GP de Papeete (2)
- Hobart Hills (2)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Falkenbier

Post by Falkenbier » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm

I nominate the following three races to be RSF-Classics for 2020/2021:

- Aizawl Cup (04.12.2019): 208km, hard profile. Climbers and top classics able to win
- Sugarloaf Cup (24.01.2020): Many steep climbs on the way makes this race interesting, liked it!
- Denain – Huy (04.05.2020): My absolute favourite! First part cobbles, second part hilly! I know, France/Belgium not really the region for winter classics. But maybe it could be ridden in early November. Or let's make it a summer classic!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 am

Falkenbier wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 pm
I nominate the following three races to be RSF-Classics for 2020/2021:

- Aizawl Cup (04.12.2019): 208km, hard profile. Climbers and top classics able to win
- Sugarloaf Cup (24.01.2020): Many steep climbs on the way makes this race interesting, liked it!
- Denain – Huy (04.05.2020): My absolute favourite! First part cobbles, second part hilly! I know, France/Belgium not really the region for winter classics. But maybe it could be ridden in early November. Or let's make it a summer classic!
Thanks for the nominations.

About Denain-Huy: Beginning of November sounds fine for me, if this race becomes a serious candidate to be an RSF classic in the offseason (either due to lots of nominations or the lack of participation in general regarding this topic...).

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Races I want kicked, basically because of:
1.Location. We have so many IRL races based in Spain, France, Italy, and Belgium. I think we should have 0 fantasy Classic in those countries.
2.Classics are very similar to other Classics.
3. Other races having a better profile than these I'm about to nominate.
Since I'm nominating too many races, 10 is too many? I'll put them in order, starting with the one I don't like the most:

Makete - Kylea (That's the worst possible race to have as a Classic...)
GP Canyon de Chelly
Gran Premio de Lanzarote
Boucles de Wallis et Futuna
Hobart Hills
GP Brescia
GP Coimbra
Crawford - Montego Bay
Yamaniguey - La Maguina
Colombo - Agampodigan

Now the races I'd like to have as Classics this season. Based on location and profile:

Jable - Al Farandis (25.11.2016) Great final, this is definitely my favourite race.
Tyr - QaarounLake (12.04.2019) Great second half of the race with hills all over.
Aizawl Cup (04.12.2019) Cool race. Long and not boring, with an open finish.
Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples (19.01.2017) Maybe too short? But the final makes it very interesting.
Grand Prix of Trinidad and Tobago (22.11.2019) The first part maybe to flat, but the length and the hills at the end can make it a great Classic.
Lago Altitan Race (16.01.2016) This looks like a better GP de Lanzarote to me.
Gran Premio do Sao Francisco de Paula (9.2.2019) I don't know if a sprint is possible somehow in this profile. But it's less boring then the *possible sprint* Classics we had.

Now I found 4 Mountain races, that I think at least two deserve to be offseason Classics:

La Pedrera-La Pradera (09.02.2015)
La Clasica de Sibate (12.01.2016)
Nagano Cycling Cup (21.10.2017)
Yamanashi Cycling Cup (09.05.2018)

I nominated too many races probably? But if I'm the only one doing that then it's not bad. There are few more races I think they could be interesting enough:
Los Ramirez - San Luis de La Reina (24.04.2015)
La Paloma - El Eden (11.11.2016)
Boulder Gold Run (19.06.2015)

I also think San Francisco classic and Villalba GP should be promoted to cat3 this year.

team fl

Post by team fl » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Thanks for the nominations. The more the merrier.

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:49 am

I disagree a bit with the location idea, as the ones in Europe are in places with "no winter". Just for info, in case the issue is the location, Boucles de Wallis et Futuna is oversea, in Pacific Ocean ;)

Anyway, good list in which I like some designs, but mostly hard hilly or mountain races.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm

Highly impressed with Taka's work still. Will look if I find something to support one of these days. Haven't looked at them all, but as I said, highly impressed with the work, how far back you went to look for good stuff! Keep it up.

Location in theory I agree, let's minimize weather problems.. (even if our weather is buggy and always light rain/cloudy/sunny/cloudy/light rain) But as OL said, most of the European races are ok.

On that topic, the 2 you propose in Japan wouldn't really be all that great in December January either :D I'm certainly not going to nominate them myself!

And well, one weakness your proposals have is.... not all that sprinter friendly, they deserve something too. (btw, I like Makete Kylea!! And GP Canyon de Chelly!

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:47 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm
On that topic, the 2 you propose in Japan wouldn't really be all that great in December January either :D I'm certainly not going to nominate them myself!

Ok I never really thought about the weather when I mentioned location. It's more the fact that the IRL season is heavily based in Europe. And the season Classics are all in Europe. So imo we should not have any of the Fantasy Classics in there.

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm
And well, one weakness your proposals have is.... not all that sprinter friendly, they deserve something too. (btw, I like Makete Kylea!! And GP Canyon de Chelly!
I did find good races for sprinters kind of, I'll add them to my post! But, Classics in my opinion should be demanding races that requires a lot of effort.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Ok, lazy Donks, the great RKL and somewhere in the background Petit Singe, the holy trinity of c4f, finally gets around to post his opinion here too!

First many ++++++ for Taka, excellent work, excellent research, even if I don't agree with all and won't support everything, but outstanding that he took the time to look at so many races to put in, and that he had the courage to propose cuts too. WE need more Takas! (That's not an encouragement for forum multies though)

Then, we should aim at having +/-1 of the number of classics as last year, not a big increase or a big decrease.

OK, Donkspinion:

Donks supports the following new classics:

From the Taka nominations:

Jable - Al Farandis (25.11.2016) Indeed seems rather interesting. Plus Takas favorite race, so as a sympathy nomination in appreciation of his investigating work. So maybe only half a nomination.
Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples (19.01.2017) This one has my full and unconditional support and love. Looks excellent, sprint race where sprinters with flat weaknesses can be siebed. Or if the sprint teams are too weak in the mountain classics can get away. Wonderful! Plus in Asia, where we have too few (if any?) classics anyway.

From Falkenbier:
Nothing....
Sugarloaf seems nice but somehow similar to what we have? Same counts for one or 2 of Takas propositions actually.
Aizawl RKL, I try not to support those races...
Denain-Huy. See the quotation from FL when he restarted the topic. Northern or middle Europe ideally not... of course it would be ok to ride it in early november.. but I can't bring myself to support it. Would have no problem rescheduling it next year sometimes during the season, as cat 1... or of course if here it gets more nominations it gets in. Right now 2 nominations seems to be the threshold, so hasn't reached that yet...

Own propositions:

None, a few almost, but not fully convinced myself, so none

Out:

From Taka:

GP Brescia (03.11.19) I put in the original LCB version last year... so I'm actually ok with it staying in now. But downgrade to cat 2. Which is all that is possible anyway, we can't kick cat 3 directly
Crawford-Montego Bay (12.11.19) Somehow doesn't seem that great...
Yamaniguey-La Maquina (27.11.19) Similar to the new proposal Jable something somehow, but Jable something seems better to me.

Own proposals
Taca Setubal (06.11.19) In last year, somehow I fail to see anything special in it.

If we can oppose cancelling nominations, not sure we can, but we should.. .that should put the counter to 0? (Actually have a few in the + category that I'd oppose, the 4 climbers races for example, but risk to coming in doesn't seem big, so refrain from that for the moment)

Donks opposes dropping:
-Coimbra
-Makete-Kylea
-GP de Chelly
-Boucles de Wallis et Futuna
-Hobart Hills

Ok, that's it for the moment, hope for more opinions!

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 am

Trying to change Donkey's mind is allowed in this thread?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:27 am

Of course

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 pm

My initial post was very anti-leso I suppose, because there are lots of leso circuit classics honestly.
There are 0 Classics in South America (correct me if I'm wrong).
Out of all the Classics, there are 2 races for pure climbers? Maybe 3 if we add Napier bluff? No, it's 2. Maybe one or two more in South America will be fine to add and see?

Anyway, here's a review of my nominations, after considering Donkey's post.

To cancel:

Makete-Kylea. "Classics" are supposed to be hard races...This race is too simple to be a classic. This is more of a rest day race...Could only be good as a cat1 the day after the Andes...

Chelly...sounds good I guess.

GP de Lanzarote, still think should be cat2 this year...since we can't kick cat3s.

Wallis et Futuna...ok with it staying...cat2 maybe? to have better races as cat3. San Francisco Classic, that's one better race that deserves cat3.

Hobart Hills...Should be kicked. That's 126km...a shorter version of Napier Bluff Hill basically.

GPB..fine with it staying cat3.

GP Coimbra & Taca Setubal, I'm fine with one or both getting kicked lol. But Coimbra is one of the many leso circuit races, nothing interesting about it...Taca Setubal, long race...Great Min-Tact (that should be special!) and greater final.

Crawford - Montego Bay/Yamaniguey - La Maguina. no need to look them up again since Donkey agreed they should be kicked..

Colombo - Agampodigan, Isn't that bad actually...so should stay.

To add:

All of what I mentioned is better than what we have in my opinion, so can't say much...
Just mention again, that there are no races in South America, and very few hard mountain races, so one of these deserve to be added:
La Pedrera-La Pradera (09.02.2015)
La Clasica de Sibate (12.01.2016)
Lago Altitan Race (16.01.2016)

Great profiles, great names, just awesome Classics.

AND, promotion to cat3: Villalba GP, the only HC Classic besides La Mt. St. Sylv, should become cat3.
Plus San Francisco Classic, was cat3 in 2016...should be cat3 again...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:42 am

I'll look at everything again later today when I'm home, not from the mobile.

Situation now:

Few participants: Falkenbier, Taka, Donkey.

As I see it 2 nominations needed for anything to change:.

In:

Jable - Al Farandis (25.11.2016)
Aizawl Cup (04.12.2019)
Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples (19.01.2017)

Test with single nominations not in.

Out:

Crawford-Montego Bay (12.11.19)
Yamaniguey-La Maquina (27.11.19)

Not sure where we stand on Taca Setubal.

Lesossies races.. where's the problem if they are good? Coimbra with that single 5 that allows flatweaklings to be sieved...like it. Theoretically, don't remember how it turned out in practice much... might rethink my vote...

Category changes I'll analyze later....
Good point on South America! Asia was 0 too I think now have 2.

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:17 am

Can I add a few races ?
Races with possible MS, but unsure :

Asian races :

The Belemong Classic (12.12.2017). Flat race but an early hilly circuit can eliminate plenty of sprinters.
Sumatra Road Race (8.12.2018). not an easy day for sprinters, some will be sieb in one of the two long hills, others will be tired at the end.

South American races :

Capurano - ArAya (16.01.2018). A flat race, but with a steep hill at the begining and a 4-5% short hill 2 times at the very end. still possible for a MS, but difficult. good chances for classics able to attack.
La Paloma - El Eden (11.11.2016). Accessible sprint race, with a 5% near the end and a few rollers in the last part that could help offensive riders.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:49 pm

The more people add, the better!!!! And while the classics for November (southern Europe, North+Central America, a bit of Asia will be decided very soon, December and January don't need to finished now... later ok too.

But a little overview for the type of races we have so far as well:
I classify like that:
Flat: Flat, clear for sprinters
Flat-Hilly: Sprinters can do it, but late escapes or only some sprinters possible too
Hilly 1: Easiest, hill sprinters can do it.
Hilly 2: For classics, sprint value can be important
Hilly 3: mountain (or flat or downhill) more important than sprint normally.
Hilly-Mountain: Can be a classic, or can even be a climber
Mountain: For a climber

Ok, all that hilly thing is hard to say sometimes, when I say 2 others might say 3.... etc.

- Gran Premio de Lanzarote (3) Hilly 2 (but there have been hill sprinters winning too)
- GP Brescia (3) Hilly 3
- Taca Setubal (2) Hilly 1
- GP Coimbra (2)flat-hilly
- San Francisco classic (2) hilly 3
- GP Canyon de Chelly(3) flat-hilly
- Villalba GP (2) mountain

So without the possible new ones in November we have lots of hilly races, not all for the same type. Only 2 sprints, but not automatic ones (Coimbra last year had only 1 sprint if I checked correctly)

December:

- Colombo - Agampodigan (2) Hilly 1
- Gran Prix de Agadir (2) Hilly 2
- Dolisie - Point Noire (2) flat
- Makete - Kylea (2)flat
- Kisoro-Kabale (2) hilly 2
- Pavés de Noel (3) pavé
- Christmas Islands GP (2) hilly 2
- GP Bet Lehem - Nazareth (2) hilly 3
- Tour de Herne (2) hilly 2
- La St. Sylv (2) flat
- Catania Etna (La Mt. St. Sylv) (2) mountain

Similar situation, mostly hilly. 3 flat ones here, 1 for climbers.

January:

- GP Letzebuerg (3) hilly 2
- Napier Bluff Hill Circuit (3) hilly-mountain
- Boucles de Wallis et Futuna (3) hilly 1
- GP de Papeete (2) TTT
- Hobart Hills (2) hilly 3

All hilly... Napier Bluff Hill can be for climbers, I'd even have said normally a climber actually, but only 2 of 5 last year seem to have been climbers? Still, to me looks with excellent chances for climbers.

New ones that are in for the moment:

Jable Al Farandis Hilly 3
Aizawl Cup: Hilly-mountain or hilly 3.. .but one climber won, so
Ganiari-Kalachuli Temple: flat hilly

So in general I think we're doing ok with the distribution.
Sprinters have 3 clear races for them, and 3 more with chances
Climbers have 2 for them, and 2 more with chances. (I'd say 3 and one with little chances, but well, looking at the winners I seem wrong)
Too little for climbers? I don't think so, they usually have chances to win the Andes, the Dec Tour, most of the other stage races offered, so they don't need a bunch of classics in addition. 1 more would be ok, but like it is works too I think. Classics for classics, but some for sprinters, a few for climbers... Seems we're doing well enough here with the distribution.

Will see if I want to support any of OLs propositions later.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Finally time to post something here again....

After thinking it over:

Donkey adds his vote to San Francisco as cat 3

Was thinking about adding my vote to Lanzarote down to 2 as well, but IMO having 4 cat 3s in November is better than 3. And don't see Villabla as that fantastic.

Can't bring myself to support any of the races OL proposes... somehow seem too sprinty, too similar to what we have... but ok, in Asia now we have 2, so no desperate need for more. South America classics usually in January? So still have time to find something (or for somebody else to give that second nomination to the ones OL or Taka propose, I don't have to be some sort of deciding vote here, 2 nominations and as it stands things are in or out. )

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 am

1) We still don't have any c4f classics for South America. Still time for this winter to nominate, if it's fast. So far we had a few "single nominations", even with the low participation we would need 2
2) It's allowed to post here stuff for the winter 2021/2022 too, if a race that isn't a classic seemed very nice, better post it now than forgetting it. Same if a classic somehow isn't up to your standard.

The Donkey starts and votes to kick Taca Setubal :D
And thinking about at 2 others too (writing it here so when I reread that I might remember which ones...)

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:20 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 am
The Donkey starts and votes to kick Taca Setubal :D
Good point! wanted to say this but forgot....Nominating races to be kicked right after riding them (or the offseason) sounds better than doing it one year later.

Same for adding new ones I guess. If you ride a race today and like it to be a classic just do it.