Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: RSF Classics for the offseason calender

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:27 am

How it worked under my enlightened leadership: :lol:

Races ridden as cat 1 can be proposed as cat 2
Cat 2 can be proposed as cat 3 or to be cut
Cat 3 can be proposed to be cut down to cat 2

Races that haven't been ridden yet, can't be nominated.

A minimum of 2 nominations are necessary to get the change of category. (For example GP Brescia now would have one down-nomination, if it gets a second one, it would be downgraded to cat 2) With big participation that could be more, but since usually we had very few people saying something 2 was already a huge number...
Opposition to a nomination is rather an unclear grey area, so somebody proposes race abcd, another one too, I find it horrible, can I say I'm against it and it counts as -1 nomination or not? Never really happened, (not that there aren't proposals that I'm opposed too, I just decided not to make my opposition public since it's a grey area what happens. )

Races in Europe, since we already have quite a few and really would be nice to have them in other places, I decided to put them in as cat 1 around the time they were first ridden, in the case of Denain Huy in May. And then forgot a year later... IMO makes sense instead of filling the offseason calendar with more European races.

Anyway, that's how it worked the past years, up to you to decide how it will work from now on.

Under leso it was all less formalized, usually somebody just saying I liked that, was enough and leso put it in.
Under Pokemon it was he that decided everything by himself, kicked all the old ones, created a bunch of new high cat races (which can't be cal classics) and went on to insult people who didn't agree with his decision.
Up to you how to do it now.

flockmastoR wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:11 pm
I am a bit confused, when I look at the FL list of fantasy classics and compare it to the real calendar. In November 2022 there have been additional cat 2+ races like "Tour de Okinawa" and "Taca Setubal". Were these RSF classics or did they just get a wrong category at that year? (Didn't check any other month right now).
Okinawa: It's a real 1.2 race in Japan in November usually. Normally cat 1, but was made cat 2 because it's a real race during a time when there are no other real races. For me cat 1 would be ok actually.
Taca Setubal: I've proposed to cut that for years I think, or maybe I gave up at some point. A while ago it seemed that Gipfel agreed, quoted my post and said agreed, so it was 2 nominations for out with Taca Setubal and down to cat 2 with GP Lanzarote. Which seems to have happened in 2022, I can't find Taca Setubal in November 22....? And Lanzarote was down to cat 2.? Maybe I'm senile and too stupid to see it? Sure you didn't look at 2021?`
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:18 pm
It's also new to me trying to manage the selection. I also notice FL reserved 13 spots for RSF Classics, but mentions 20 spots from last year plus other car2+ races you discovered. Are additional spots fixed more spontaneously? Was the offseason longer? Or more densely planned?.... Ok, looked it up. Last year 18 planned in the off-season preview, then 20 (or more) ridden. Now only 13 planned.
FL is notoriously unreliable :D Sometimes he forgets to put in some, sometimes he forgets that others have been kicked. The FL preview as he always repeats himself is just a general overview, idea, inspirational, a starter to the discussion. Sometimes the Donkey put in the wrong category (Dolisie Pointe Noire a few years ago as cat 1 instead of 2, otherwise think I usually managed)
Basically you have to keep track of nominations in this thread, then you have the number of off season classics.

AS for the GP Brescia, ok, you don't like it. But it has ZERO to do with the Trofeo Citta di Brescia. Same city, that's all. We can only design fantasy races in places where there are no real ones? And of course the whole season opener thing is pointless marketing, Laigueglia is the Italian season opener. But isn't always the first race. Marseille the french season opener. Omloop Het Nieuwsblad the Belgian season opener. But neither is the first race in the calendar, all pointless marketing. We don't really need an "off season opener" substance over buzzwords!
I loooove the GP Brescia, LCB was simply a superb designer.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:44 am

FL is notoriously unreliable :D Sometimes he forgets to put in some, sometimes he forgets that others have been kicked. The FL preview as he always repeats himself is just a general overview, idea, inspirational, a starter to the discussion. Sometimes the Donkey put in the wrong category (Dolisie Pointe Noire a few years ago as cat 1 instead of 2, otherwise think I usually managed)
Basically you have to keep track of nominations in this thread, then you have the number of off season classics.
Exactly that :!:
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:18 pm

New classics proposal:
Paraty GP Feb2 2022
Salalah-Surfait Feb19 2022
SantaCruz - Tendal Jan22 2022
Yap Islands: Colonia Loop Jan5 2022
Tsushima Island Cup Sep27 2021
Drean - Guelma Jan17 2020

Cat2 to 3:
Aizawl Cup
Itabirito - Ouro Preto

Cat3 to 2:
Boucles de Wallis et Futuna
GP Canyon de Chelly

Uworthy races:
Colombo - Agampodigama
Dolisie - Point Noire
Makete - Kylea
Kisoro-Kabale

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:47 pm

Thanks for those explanations, RKL. Helps to know the history a bit. Just have to answer to this:
Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:27 am
Laigueglia is the Italian season opener. But isn't always the first race. Marseille the french season opener. Omloop Het Nieuwsblad the Belgian season opener. But neither is the first race in the calendar, all pointless marketing.
Omloop is undoubtedly the classics season opener. It is higher UCI category and higher RSF category than the other races you mentioned. Since years. And marketing isn't pointless at all. It's required to attract (or rather keep during off-season) players, which is what you also seem to want at times, at least when you talk about 15 teams average per race.

So let's keep marketing. GP Brescia our off season classics opener for the moment. I'm ok with that then :) See you in the afternoon for it!
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Ok, then buy some ads and put "COMING SOON GP BRESCIA, GREAT OFFSEASON OPENER AT C4F"! And then think of something new in 2 years in case you succeed in your evil designs of kicking that great race...

The Donkey joins the nominations process too:

In:
As mentioned before, so don't count it double:

- Bosque Estatal Toro Negro Cup (ridden: 17.11.22, proposed by Robyklebt, type: hilly) Great race, just look at it! Really deserves a spot.

Out:
-Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples: REally enjoyed it the first time we rode it. (not that I remember, just guess so, because I was one of the nominators later) Lookedforward to edition 2 (that I remember, think I won with a flat sprinter) then 3, 4, not sure how many times now, but it really lost it's appeal fast for me.... with 8 riders, ok, keep it, but with 7 riders in the end it just wasn't all that exciting. So either get the designers agreement to make it 8 riders or I'm for kicking! Might be for kicking later even with 8 riders, would first have to ride it though, but for the moment with 7 riders IMO it's not worth re-riding.
-Hobart Hills: Agree with Taka from a few years ago (maybe didn't agree then). Short and in the end just a shorter version of Napier Hills. Twice the basically same race not needed.
-Itabirito-Ouro Prieto: The hyper predictable race. 20**** is going to be the decisive km each time. Ok, weak downhill, maybe somebody is going to be caught at times, yes yes. But the race simply comes down to this km 185, Climbers are out due to the earlier flatter pavé, it's just who attacks furthest in this km. Has any of the editions so far NOT been decided there? Ok, possibly comebacks due to low sprint by the strongest there, but then it's the second or maybe third strongest who wins. IMO this race is so predictable, and a great escape doesn't have all that many great chances either since you just lose lots of time in the last lap from km 180 to 185... do we really have to ride this again and again until somebody manages to beat the pretty clear pre-race favorite?
-GP Lanzarote: Ok, this would be the second nomination, so depending on what rules Alive and Stuermer have that would mean out? In a way feel a tiny bit sorry for it then and might delete this part of the post later, but don't think so. It just isn't a really exciting race, will shed a tear for it every 3 years, oh, that used to be a classic, but not regret not riding it anymore. Kick that shit!

Will try to convince Taka to retract some of his stuff later of course :D
if that's still allowed in this thread, new bosses, new rules and stuff!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Hansa wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:41 pm
lennylenny wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:32 pm
proposal from me for 2023/2024:
all 3 races of El Triptico de Colombia, all three with a very interesting profile and some one-day races for climbers in the off-season
the 2 races i rode were really interesting and hard races. i like them too and also think they could be good offseason classics

from the early nomination last offseason for this offseason
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:42 am

Quick note:
I will stay at the current nomination policy. 2 nominations (at least) needed for a new race to be added to the classics. Final spot decision are up to me based on available spots. Classics without downvotes are prioritized over new races for borderline decisions. For already established classics upgrade-downgrade nominations cancel each other. This is not the case for newly proposed races, you cannot downvote a classic proposal initially (so you need to wait for the next year).

Please finalize your nomination by next Saturday (14.10.) as I want to have a draft of the offseason Calendar ready by 15.10.

May I add my own nominations:

New:
Yap Island Cup (05.01.2022), flat with dirt roads race, very nice profile with a +5 close to the finish
Bosque Estatal Toro Negro Cup (17.11.2022), races there where really interesting

Out:
Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples
Makete - Kylea
Hobart Hills

Upgrade: 2->3
Villalba GP
Aizawl Cup
2to3

Downgrade: 3->2
GP Canyon de Chelly
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:49 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm
Agree with Taka from a few years ago (maybe didn't agree then).
Will try to convince Taka to retract some of his stuff later of course :D

What's the point of making me retract some stuff if you're gonna agree in 2026

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:24 pm

Because I won't.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:43 pm

Started writing a post a few days ago, seems I never finished or sent it, so again:
flockmastoR wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:42 am
Final spot decision are up to me based on available spots. Classics without downvotes are prioritized over new races for borderline decisions.
This one... spots available are flexible anyway. There never was a fix number. We get 3 new ones, lose 2, ok, we have one more than the year before. If we get 5 new ones, nobody voted out, so it just increases by 5, that might seem much, but why not have it for that year. And you can then change the rule for the following year if necessary, demand 3 mentions instead of 2 to qualify for a new race. And encourage people to kick races out, IMO it's unlikely that it ever becomes really necessary to chose which ones of the "qualified" races to cut, too few races, demand more nominations, ,too many, demand cuts, people will react. As long as it stays within a certain range, a range with is the subjective view of you I guess, then all seems ok to me.

As for my great campaign to change peoples opinion on some races, ok I'll campaign next year :D
Just would like to say that we should keep in mind that sprinters should have their chances too. Yes, classic riders live from classics, for sprinters it's more MSR-and Paris Tours, GT stages and simple numbers that make a career, but still they should get their shot at a decent amount of off season "classics" too. With Makete Kylea, Ganiari-blatemples we seem to be losing 2 chances for sprinters now, ( I know that one of them has one of my downvotes....)more minus nominations for other races for sprinters too, or races in which they fight vs hill sprinters (Chelly, Wallis, possibly others too, forgot how they all are) So nominators, try to keep the whole picture in mind too!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:12 pm

RSF Offseason Classics 2023/24

October 2023
29.10.2023 - GP Brescia, category 3

November 2023
03.11.2023 - San Francisco classic, 3
05.11.2023 - Villalba GP, 2
12.11.2023 - GP Canyon de Chelly, 2 (Downgraded)
15.11.2023 - GP Coimbra, 2
18.11.2023 - Yap Island Cup, 2 (NEW)
21.11.2023 - Aizawl Cup, 3 (Upgraded)
25.11.2023 - Itabirito-Ouro Preto, 2
26.11.2023 - Jable-Al Farandis, 2

December 2023
02.12.2023 - Colombo-Agompodigama, 2
03.12.2023 - Grand Prix de Agadir, 2
10.12.2023 - El Tripico dC: Trofeo Medelin, 2 (NEW)
13.12.2023 - Kisoro-Kabale, 2
16.12.2023 - Bosque Estatal Toro Negro Cup, 2 (NEW)
17.12.2023 - El Tipico dC: Trofeo Cali, 2 (NEW)
20.12.2023 - Dolisie-Point Noire, 2

January 2024
01.01.2024 - GP Letzeburg, 3
06.01.2024 - Napier Bluff Hill Circuit, 3
07.01.2024 - Boucles de Wallis et Futuna, 3
14.01.2024 - GP de Papeete, 2

OUT
Gran Premio de Lanzarote
Ganiari - Kalachuri Temples
Makete - Kylea
Hobart Hills

NOT CONSIDERED
Denain - Huy, doesn't fit, adding more Central European races is not my goal, in fact can be discussed if it can replace year opener GP Letzeburg (not liked by anyone) but needs to have some more consent to do it.
Neuss-Trier: No clue but as Tour de Herne is still in my offseason proposal, the calendar admin can decide if that should be replaced with a new kind of Jubilee race. For the regular offseason classics, it was not considered (not raced yet)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:01 pm

Question: The classics don't follow the geographic stuff? In the case of South America can see why, we don't need c4f classics far into February, but others is a bit mysterious.

And maybe a bit too many on weekends for my taste. Yes, have them on weekends might have a positive effect on participation, but at the same time they risk being ridden with little participation nonetheless, the boost simply might not be enough.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:00 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:01 pm
Question: The classics don't follow the geographic stuff? In the case of South America can see why, we don't need c4f classics far into February, but others is a bit mysterious.

And maybe a bit too many on weekends for my taste. Yes, have them on weekends might have a positive effect on participation, but at the same time they risk being ridden with little participation nonetheless, the boost simply might not be enough.
No they don't follow the geographic regions. Main reason: Spots for offseason classics are rare and in the beginning and end of the regional slots there are real races. Don't want to mix up real races with offseason classics too much.

They are mainly put on weekends as this is the case for "real" classics as well + some stage races are also already planned (mostly starting on Mondays). But the dates can still be changed. Will send a draft to Gip in the coming days. Probably with some changes regarding dates of offseason classics (some more opinions regarding weekend vs working days would be nice).
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:17 am

flockmastoR wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:00 pm
No they don't follow the geographic regions. Main reason: Spots for offseason classics are rare and in the beginning and end of the regional slots there are real races. Don't want to mix up real races with offseason classics too much.
Agreed, finish mid-january sounds good. Not sure I agree with the spots are rare, as I said in the post earlier, it's not really a fix number. Plus the FL preview is flexible, if there's x there, it can be x+3 or x-3 as well... Depending on circumstances.

But!

From the fantasy thread advice thread, just to see your plan:
16.10.2023 - 05.11.2023: Mediterranean (South Europe, North Afrika, Arabic Region)
06.11.2023 - 26.11.2023: Central America, Mexico & Caribbean
27.11.2023 - 17.12.2023: Asia(India, South-East Asia, Indonasia)
18.12.2023 - 07.01.2024: Africa (Sub-Saharan Africa)
08.01.2024 - 28.01.2024: Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, ...)
29.01.2024 - 18.02.2024: South America
flockmastoR wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:12 pm
03.11.2023 - San Francisco classic, 3
05.11.2023 - Villalba GP, 2
12.11.2023 - GP Canyon de Chelly, 2 (Downgraded)
15.11.2023 - GP Coimbra, 2
18.11.2023 - Yap Island Cup, 2 (NEW)
21.11.2023 - Aizawl Cup, 3 (Upgraded)
25.11.2023 - Itabirito-Ouro Preto, 2
26.11.2023 - Jable-Al Farandis, 2
Bolding mine: Those 2 are Med+Arab region. Why have 2 Central American, Mex, Carib races in the Med spot, just to have 2 med races later in the CAMeCa spot? Seems weird. Type problem?

Then of course Yap, Aizawl, Itabirito are in the "wrong" spot too, here ok, can understand the thinking (I guess, at least if it's the same as mine) IMO important to have enough higher category races during the Andes. The off-season classics are there for 2 reasons, 1 to have goals, more important races, highlights during the off-season for one day races too. Second one, as Ariostea and Peacemakers, kept repeating, try to balance the points available. Of course that's a hopeless task during the Andes and the Dectour, those 2 being cat 3... but having 4 during the Andes IMO is good. absolutely no complaint. Not enough CAMeCa stuff, then use other things, yep. But then of course the great Bosque thing could have been used, instead of being exiled to December. Unless I missed something, we have exactly 4 CAMeCa classics this year, could have been used perfectly in those 4 spots?
flockmastoR wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:00 pm
They are mainly put on weekends as this is the case for "real" classics as well + some stage races are also already planned (mostly starting on Mondays). But the dates can still be changed. Will send a draft to Gip in the coming days. Probably with some changes regarding dates of offseason classics (some more opinions regarding weekend vs working days would be nice).
Well, look at our numbers. And last year, seems I did almost all during the week finally, a sat-sun combi in early december that had ok participation, but not as good as weekday classics after the Dec-tour. A mix, a mix, can be more weekends than last year, but IMO should be more weekdays than it is right now. 5/8 and 5/7 on weekends in Nov/Dec if I counted correctly.. seems asking for low participation. Which is a shame, I want to win all my winter classics against big groups!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:17 am
long post
Spots The FL proposal had far less (13) spots than were actually ridden (20) in 2022/2023. I already added a lot to them, wasn't aware that most offseason classics were ridden during the week and also the FL post showed at least 50% on weekends. But I might transfer some spots. Spots are not rare, turned out we have again 20 this year, some more wouldn't hurt either. What I wanted to say with "rare" is the fact, that some regions are placed when no offseason classic takes place, like South America.

Regions: As I thought there is no way to get the "right" races in the regional spots at all, I didn't even try (think about it too long). But seems like you figured out how it could work, so I might put some effort on that too for the final proposal. My South America region is planned from 29.01.-18.02 so there is no RSF classic spot in this region but would make totally sense to put in the races parallel to the Andes. Another thing that I wanted to address is that some spots are more attractive (No stage race, during the week) than others (weekend parallel to Dec tour), so I wanted to shuffle them a bit. Last year for example San Francisco classic was raced during the Andes, so I moved it to a more attractive spot this year.

So classics are fixed right now, dates will change based on
-) more weekdays
-) check for regional spots
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:39 pm

Spots: Got it!

Regions:
flockmastoR wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm
Another thing that I wanted to address is that some spots are more attractive (No stage race, during the week) than others (weekend parallel to Dec tour), so I wanted to shuffle them a bit. Last year for example San Francisco classic was raced during the Andes, so I moved it to a more attractive spot this year.
Yep, a recurring problem... that's why I was always contemplating a change in the region sequence... so that not always the same races are "penalized" by the Andes, the Dec Tour etc. Contemplating but never doing it, maybe you get further than me on that one. But of course if we put Africa in the CAMeCa spot, then the Dec tour penalty is just switched with the Andes penalty :( Probably that's one of the reasons in the end I never switched anything, having them in a fix month, more or less, is somehow nice too. November is Chelly-month! etc.
But yes, see the problem.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:13 pm

RSF Offseason Classics 2023/24 - Reproposal

I now packed all North American, South American and CAMeCa classics into November and November seems a bit packed now. I could shift the 2 South American or the 2 North American classics into the December too. My prefered solution is that what you see:

October 2023
29.10.2023 - GP Brescia, category 3

November 2023
Wed, 01.11.2023 - Grand Prix de Agadir, 2
Fri, 03.11.2023 - GP Coimbra, 2
Sun, 05.11.2023 - Jable-Al Farandis, 2
Fri, 10.11.2023 - Bosque Estatal Toro Negro Cup, 2 (NEW)
Sun, 12.11.2023 - El Tipico dC: Trofeo Cali, 2 (NEW)
Tue, 14.11.2023 - GP Canyon de Chelly, 2 (Downgraded)
Thu, 16.11.2023 - Villalba GP, 2
Tue, 21.11.2023 - San Francisco classic, 3
Thu, 23.11.2023 - El Tripico dC: Trofeo Medelin, 2 (NEW)
Mue, 28.11.2023 - Itabirito-Ouro Preto, 2

December 2023
Fri, 01.12.2023 - Aizawl Cup, 3 (Upgraded)
Mon, 11.12.2023 - Yap Island Cup, 2 (NEW)
Wed, 13.12.2023 - Colombo-Agompodigama, 2
Sun, 17.12.2023 - Kisoro-Kabale, 2
Wed, 20.12.2023 - Dolisie-Point Noire, 2

January 2024
Mon, 01.01.2024 - GP Letzeburg, 3
Mon, 08.01.2024 - Napier Bluff Hill Circuit, 3
Wed, 10.01.2024 - Boucles de Wallis et Futuna, 3
Sun, 14.01.2024 - GP de Papeete, 2
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:27 pm

Now only 4 Sundays, maybe overcompensation? But don't know, plus in the end you decide.

I would have thought the weekends without any parallel tours might be worth a try, that means Sat/Sun before the Dec tour for example. Not sure if we have any other ones free?

November looks packed, yes, but December actually is equally full, we get the Christmas/Herne/new years eve stuff in, that's 5 days with cat 2+ I think, so I think it looks good. And 5 during the Andes is outstanding, don't think I ever managed that! Wonderful

Anyway, I try to shut up now, hope others add their mustard!

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:37 pm

If only 5 out of at least 100 players are participating here then one vote should be enough for a decision imo :lol:

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:30 pm

early vote for next year to remove Itabirito-Ouro Preto
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:15 pm

lennylenny wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:30 pm
early vote for next year to remove Itabirito-Ouro Preto
Vote change after the race? promote to Cat3!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 pm

Decided early in November to do a whole November nomination post, regret that, because I have the feeling there was something else, but just can't remember what... So in December probably not just one post, but one each time I have something to say.
Anyway, my nominations for the 24-25 winter season!

Out:
- Grand Prix de Agadir (01.11.) Seems we ride it since 2019 as winter classic. Don't remember ever riding it, but found it uninspiring this year. A rather forgettable circuit race (that's probably why I didn't remember it at all) with a single 10 per lap... Ok, checked, the former calendar assistant always put it parallel to the Dec tour (rotation better), bad planning, and so I never rode it. But after riding it: IMO not needed, simply didn't seem special in any way.

- El Triptico de Colombia: Trofeo de Medellin (23.11.): Cali was nice and interesting. Medellin not really. If we were riding all three of the triptico, ok, keep this one too, all 3 is nice (maybe), but if it's only 2... then IMO this one isn't needed at all, didn't find it interesting.

- Itabirito - Ouro Preto: The MPR. Which makes it the MBR. Most Predictable Race and Most Boring Race. It all comes down to the last lap, mostly to the 20%. Minimally to the flatter pavé section before, but if somebody wants it's pretty easy to keep the pavé monsters back with the 8%. before that.
In addition to that it's very easy to control until the entrance to the circuit. If we keep riding it, one day the long range attack will probably work, but most of the time (95%+)it just comes down to the +20**** and the downhill. That's it. Very little teams with no strong rider there can do really. That said, looked at google street of Ouro Preto, it is impressive, it is a hell of a climb, the pavé at **** IMO correct too, (maybe I didn't get the exact road, there's a few with pavé going up, but somewhat think got the right one) Very nice find, this wall definitely has its place at c4f. But not in this race, having it as decisive points just takes most of the suspense out of it. Do another circuit, have something minor after this wall, a second easier climb in the city? The one to the west that ends at a church? Or passes it and ends shortly after? Something that keeps some suspense, doesn't just allow one tactic, attack at 20**** ride and sprint.

Upgrade to cat 3:

- GP Canyon de Chelly: Just a nice race!
-Bosque Estatal Toro Negro Cup: Was highly interesting this year again. Wanted to wait another year for the inevitable cat 3 upgrade, but maybe it was this that I wanted to mention? This or Coimbra? Ok, this maybe? But think was something else.. grrr.

New races:
Nothing. Either too short, too few riders, bad mintact, or something else, somehow there was no new race that convinced me.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:46 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 pm

- Itabirito - Ouro Preto: The MPR. Which makes it the MBR. Most Predictable Race and Most Boring Race. It all comes down to the last lap, mostly to the 20%. Minimally to the flatter pavé section before, but if somebody wants it's pretty easy to keep the pavé monsters back with the 8%. before that.
In addition to that it's very easy to control until the entrance to the circuit. If we keep riding it, one day the long range attack will probably work, but most of the time (95%+)it just comes down to the +20**** and the downhill. That's it. Very little teams with no strong rider there can do really. That said, looked at google street of Ouro Preto, it is impressive, it is a hell of a climb, the pavé at **** IMO correct too, (maybe I didn't get the exact road, there's a few with pavé going up, but somewhat think got the right one) Very nice find, this wall definitely has its place at c4f. But not in this race, having it as decisive points just takes most of the suspense out of it. Do another circuit, have something minor after this wall, a second easier climb in the city? The one to the west that ends at a church? Or passes it and ends shortly after? Something that keeps some suspense, doesn't just allow one tactic, attack at 20**** ride and sprint.
During the race I had similar thoughts. For sure designers choice, but imo the race could more exciting with some small changes. The 20% is too close to the end. Some more km to the finish or a smaller climb on last lap would be better imo, too.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Cut Yap Island Cup. 11.12.23 Only positive is the name, Yap and Cup, how poetic. But there's a problem with that too, it was called Yap Islands: Colonia Loop originally!!!! So the result in the history are missing too... 05.01.22 the first edition.

For the rest it's just a gravel race disguised as pavé, with all the Waffles and Eroicas we really have enough gravel races, they are more interesting than this too (assume at least in the case of Eroicas that haven't been ridden yet) Anyway, Yap is just nothing special at all, positive only the name and I realized now the mintact. Was most likely designed only because the vault was completely empty regarding pavé races, so have a gravel (pseudo pavé) one, that doesn't even follow the now standard gravel consensus, make it * or **. Can't find it under Robyfiles even, so clearly was a fast design just to have a race because there were no unridden races available.

Cut!!!!

Nothing new to propose, rode almost no 1 day races in December, so I'm just negative for the moment.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:00 pm

Found something new to propose:

Padre Hurtado - Pudahuel 19.02.24

There's a big danger of an uncontested km 1 group coming through I think, but wasn't in my group, and then it can be a very interesting stage as well.