No races at 9 A.M.

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Weezel

No races at 9 A.M.

Post by Weezel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi.
Actually i have time for RSF usually in Ruhe morning. At 11 o'clock i have to work. But there are nearly no races at 9 o'clock anymore. Most start at 10.
Why? Is 9 to early for most of the players?
Is there a possibility to change this?
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Pokemon Club

Re: No races at 9 A.M.

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Weezel wrote:Hi.
Actually i have time for RSF usually in Ruhe morning. At 11 o'clock i have to work. But there are nearly no races at 9 o'clock anymore. Most start at 10.
Because TDF is already at 9 o'clock.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
Terrific logic. So if you cant race the TdF and you like 9h as a race time, you're just screwed? Shouldnt that apply for parallel tours but not for one day races?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Post by luques » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:33 am

team fl wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
Terrific logic. So if you cant race the TdF and you like 9h as a race time, you're just screwed? Shouldnt that apply for parallel tours but not for one day races?
From a technical side, less races are in parallel and better is, doesn't mind if it is a tour or a single race, what is important is the number of operations x time.

From another perspective, we are not speaking about a missing timespot, morning always has its race (for example 12-13 never had a race I think in all 2017), but just of a particular time, maybe something more can be provided, but surely if you have a Tour at 9am you can't expect full of 9am single races.

Imagine a guy as you, who can race only at 11am, what he should say? I can't partecipate to the most important tour of the year and I don't even have a single race. It would be even more unfair in my opinion.

More or less this reminds me when people wanted more races at 24h, obviously we listened and something has been done, but still it is not that every night there is a 24h race (and almost never there is a GT or an important Tour).

The potential solution maybe is giving races also at 8am to meet the needs of those who work and go to lunch at 12, but remaining light on the server.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I don't want a 9 o'clock-race every day - but even if there is the TdF at 9 (where i can't take part, too long for me), there could be some races at 9 and not only at 10 o'clock in my opinion ;)

And there are races at 11...like tomorrow...
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:25 pm

And again no races at 9 o'clock, why?
Manager von T-Mobile-A

ProTour-Team

Post by ProTour-Team » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm

today there started a tour and was a onedayrace at 9am, so not only is it useless to talk about this topic anyway but for today you couldnt be more wrong to address the topic :D

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 am

Put 2 differents races at the same time and we increase to have a bug, and so the possibility to have no races at all during each time. So as as always say, it is when luques do the pdf that you must react about the times, not 2 weeks after.

luques

Post by luques » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 am

Well since the start of the month it seemed to me well balaned,just a question, never thought playing a tour? Because 9am is often rich of that. Burgos, Binkbank and so on, they are not even much long.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 am

A tour with 3-5 days is not possible for me actually.

But its okay, i'll wait for 9 o'clock-races.
Manager von T-Mobile-A