No money at IS for 1-day races

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

chartreusecycle

No money at IS for 1-day races

Post by chartreusecycle » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

To me money at Intermediate Sprints for 1-day race is really a disaster.

Am the legitim person to speak about this problem as I was in the begining the kind of guy sprinting in a group, doing farmer yes alone tempo just to catch some money...

Money at IS for sure incite people to escape but is also killing groups as there is always a noob to sprint :)

I propose to simply remove it !
Paris - Roubaix 2016
Milan - San Remo 2015
Tour de France 2013

4x French Champion 2017, 2018, 2020
GP E3 Harelbeke 2020
2x Paris - Tours 2013, 2019
Gand - Wevelgem 2018
Amstel 2015
Fleche Wallonne 2015

NicoVanarlo

Re: No money at IS for 1-day races

Post by NicoVanarlo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm

100% agree with you!

IDF

Post by IDF » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm

100% disagree.

#MoneyBitch
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Rastaman

Post by Rastaman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 pm

races like today just doesnt need to exist, only sm could make a race with that mutch gpms or IS

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 pm

100% agree.
at least: maximum gpm and IS .... hm lets say 3 or something.

luques

Post by luques » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 pm

I agree with ATB, a limit would be ok.

But I still think that every designer should know that a race with 10GPMs/IS or more can cause big problems :)

GPM and IS, in my opinion in short races must be placed for two reasons:

1) Assuring that someone is motivated to go in a escape, especially in those groups or races where you know there will be a ms.
2) Putting them in "special places", to incentivate some attacks

Too many makes all people want to enter escape and a big chaos

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:50 am

I am against the idea. I often escape where there is money to gain during the race. If not this i would probably escape very rarely(mainly on pure flat and hill races it will be sensless, escape during such a profiles succed very, very rarely, so sometimes i ride to gain some money).

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

Some real races have lots of gpm or SI, what to do with these ones ? I guess we should leave them, in fact, in minor races, some teams/riders, fight for prices and the race does not look like : escape of riders no fighting for prices 10' in front of peloton.

Then fantasy races; most of the races have a normal amount of GPM and IS, maybe leso should write something that races like yesterday will not be in calendar, so designers of fantasy races won't design fun races with a crazy amount of money on the way. ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 am

I agree with SM on this topic. The designer should be the one to pay out the money for intermediates and GPMs in races like this.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:38 pm

yep could have put less GPM, but I did a 8km track with a cat 4 at the mountain and copying the lap more than 10 times, was a bit lazy sorry ^^

just 1 time in a month isn't a big problem I think
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Not talking about the money-problem (too much money in the game, which leads to inflation, unemployment, crisis and death and worse and worse...)

A race with no money = very few attackers.
A race with a lot of money = a lot of attackers, harder control, and more "fun"

Conclusion: give a fine to everyone and send me their money
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Give points instead of money at the gpm's

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

cataracs wrote:Give points instead of money at the gpm's

Points for ? :lol:

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 pm

olmania wrote:
cataracs wrote:Give points instead of money at the gpm's

Points for ? :lol:
keep the attackers and the fun , without giving too much money..all that to make nopik happy :D

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm

I meant, which points ?
Eternal points ? That would be even worse I guess :lol:

luques

Post by luques » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Reup this topic after seeing what happen today at Isbergues 15h...

Many IS and GPMs, all people attacked resulting in the race a completely s**t

Not realistic, not even fair seen that there were at least two team attacks (don't know what happen after if they drop but surely created confusion)...

Seems that rsf managers can't handle a race when they see too many intermediates so don't give them... or at least for 1day races give something like 100$ at intermediate...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:08 pm

I bactually see no problem with it...
Race decided by a huge escape, why not? Of course doesn't change the fact that SM is horrible at designing, no matter if he puts intermediates or not in his fantasy creations
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

luques wrote:Reup this topic after seeing what happen today at Isbergues 15h...

Many IS and GPMs, all people attacked resulting in the race a completely s**t

Not realistic, not even fair seen that there were at least two team attacks (don't know what happen after if they drop but surely created confusion)...

Seems that rsf managers can't handle a race when they see too many intermediates so don't give them... or at least for 1day races give something like 100$ at intermediate...

So the reality isn't realistic ? Hum...I should to have a big reflexion about it !

luques

Post by luques » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Poor SM :)

Simply i don't think it is realistic, and i like this game to be more realistic as possible.

One thing is if we decide to attack to weaken the leader/ the best team etc...

Another thing is if there is a mass attack only to take money, which doesn't seem realistic to me because in a real race is hard that it happens, if you put 5 intermediate today probably the attack would have been of 6-7 riders, the aim was to make money not to weaken strong players in my opinion.

What was the proposal there?

Surely we can't eliminate GPM or IS because we would be unrealistic, but allowing only cat 3 and 4 gpm at fantasy races seems a step forward for me, or decrease the money for a GPM in general (but more easy the first)...

The concept is to compensate better who wins the race instead of who gets the intermediates, i mean in a real race you go for win you have sponsors that ask results, they don't want money from intermediates they want results. Here instead, there is not a sponsor thing, so why should i kill my team for a cat2 race when there are 100k or more bonus in the road; you can say that this is only a money maker thinking, but seems the majority here.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 pm

luques wrote:Poor SM :)

Simply i don't think it is realistic, and i like this game to be more realistic as possible.

Another thing is if there is a mass attack only to take money, which doesn't seem realistic to me because in a real race is hard that it happens, if you put 5 intermediate today probably the attack would have been of 6-7 riders, the aim was to make money not to weaken strong players in my opinion.

Surely we can't eliminate GPM or IS because we would be unrealistic, but allowing only cat 3 and 4 gpm at fantasy races seems a step forward for me, or decrease the money for a GPM in general (but more easy the first)...

The concept is to compensate better who wins the race instead of who gets the intermediates, i mean in a real race you go for win you have sponsors that ask results, they don't want money from intermediates they want results. Here instead, there is not a sponsor thing, so why should i kill my team for a cat2 race when there are 100k or more bonus in the road; you can say that this is only a money maker thinking, but seems the majority here.
If you want to remove money from IS. Change whole system of earning money. Because current system is more unrealistic than money on IS(actually IS have money prizes in real life)

luques

Post by luques » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:00 am

Radomiak wrote:
luques wrote:Poor SM :)

If you want to remove money from IS. Change whole system of earning money. Because current system is more unrealistic than money on IS(actually IS have money prizes in real life)
Wasn't written this, never wrote to remove money from IS as it is one thing i don't consider realistic. At most to give less money in case there are many.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 am

My point was that there are less realistic things which you dont want to change, or at least you have never said you want to change it. Also i think it would be better to rise prizes for IS. More teams would fight for it which would make some races more fun and lively

PS. MS = the best designer ever.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 am

Pokemon Club wrote:Image

So the reality isn't realistic ? Hum...I should to have a big reflexion about it !
The intermediates themselves are realistic, the money for intermediates is not. I'm pretty sure that you won't get 50% of the prize money of the race winner for winning all intermediates. You may get a handshake and some flowers instead.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Alkworld wrote:

The intermediates themselves are realistic, the money for intermediates is not. I'm pretty sure that you won't get 50% of the prize money of the race winner for winning all intermediates. You may get a handshake and some flowers instead.
The comparason between RSF and reality about money is senseless for my eyes but well...

I can't find nothing aabout GP Isbergues prize money so I looks for Tour de Vendée which is on October. In the race there is 10 intermediates (6 riders take it), at each intermediates the 1st win 600 euros, so a rider can win 6.000 euros just with intermediates, when the winner of the race win only 7.515 euros, the 2nd 3.760e and the 3rd 1.875e .
On RSF ? The guy who takes all intermediates will win 10 x 6k so 60k, when the winner win 120k, the 2nd 70k and the 3rd 50k.
So okay, I am agree, looks unrealistic, they are not enough money on intermediates sprint (or too much at the finish, depend how you take it) !!

http://www.tourdevendee.fr/la-course/dotations

luques

Post by luques » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Alkworld wrote:

The comparason between RSF and reality about money is senseless for my eyes but well...

I can't find nothing aabout GP Isbergues prize money so I looks for Tour de Vendée which is on October. In the race there is 10 intermediates (6 riders take it), at each intermediates the 1st win 600 euros, so a rider can win 6.000 euros just with intermediates, when the winner of the race win only 7.515 euros, the 2nd 3.760e and the 3rd 1.875e .
On RSF ? The guy who takes all intermediates will win 10 x 6k so 60k, when the winner win 120k, the 2nd 70k and the 3rd 50k.
So okay, I am agree, looks unrealistic, they are not enough money on intermediates sprint (or too much at the finish, depend how you take it) !!

http://www.tourdevendee.fr/la-course/dotations
I perfectly know it poke, also GP of Prato looks similar; what's the difference? The guy who wins has also sponsor prizes + bonus prizes in many races + popularity for the team which brings new money etc...

Who wins the GPM get that money and STOP! Do you remind the GPM winners or the winner of the race? Where people will invest more money on the winner or on the GPM winner?

In RSF we don't have such a popoularity/sponsor feature, you don't even get money when you go to the higher category, for this i tell give more money to the winner to compensate the lack of other earnings except the one of the race. Other earnings that in real life exist and are connected to the victory.