starting times of big races

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Bambel

starting times of big races

Post by Bambel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Hey.

I just wanted to ask for more starting times of big races like Tirreno now.

I've to work so i can't start at any race before 17:00. Since I've to go to sport I also can't play from 19:30 to 21:30.
Additionally i need to go sleep at 22:00.

On like Tirreno starting times were 16:00, 19:00, 21:00 While Paris-Nice is on there are still more than 1 field in those races. and the second field is almost full aswell. Wouldn't it make sense to create more races?
like on at 15:00 and one at 17:00 and 19:00 and 21:00.
you would have 2 hours in between when most teams wanna start...
I often can't participate on races i'd like to and often i see teams beeing offline etc. cuz they can't make it...

flockmastoR

Re: starting times of big races

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

the 17h edition doesn't have any 2nd field? just 16teams there so you could have started there in field 1, not every tour should be offered at each time. And just because you only have time at 17h doesnt mean that every race should start at 17h. sry this is just not possible right now (with more players, from more countries it will/may be possoble). And its better to have less fields with more teams than the other way round, dont wanna see a PN race with 4 or 5 teams. That would be inappropriate.

BTW: dont really get your "field 2" argument. Why at should there be a field 2 at PN but not at TA? Well of course if you give an aditional time, 16h +17h there will be 2 minifields but thats not something anybody should like to ride in
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Re: starting times of big races

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Don't think he said there should be group 2 at PN but not at TA. Was just to show that there are enough people riding those to races to offer additional times.

Right now we have 9-11-14-16-17-19-20-21-22-24 for PN and TA combined. from 14 to 24 8 editions, only 15h-18h and 23h have nothing. Of course both races are not the same, some managers like one better, some the other, for their teams or for other reasons. But the problem still is: We just can't have everything. Offer both races more times, and there are both advantages and disadvantages:

+ more people can ride the race they want to.

- Less fun while racing that race for the ones that could anyway. Or for some of those at least... Why? Even if more people ride TA for example now, the groups will be further diluted. And often it's just less fun in easier groups, smaller groups.
- less group 2. Which makes it harder and less fun for new managers sometimes.

So IMO here for PN and TA parallel, this solution right now is good. Except people who ONLY can ride at 15, 18, 23 from 14h on, everybody can ride either PN or TA. Maybe can't ride their first choice, but then at least they get their second choice. If now it had been 14-17 for TA, bad for me, not sure if I can/want to ride either until way too late for me or with sitters on at least 3 occasions for the start... I might have gone for PN instead. Second choice this year, but ok. Still good enough for me.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!