Minute tact

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Minute tact

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:26 pm

What exactly is happening here?

One day races from the 12.01. on:

20 Km minute tact. Ok, one or 2 have less, none has more. Which results in some very very very strange mintact changes.

I thought the deal was: Variable mintact, according to the designer. Which is maybe changed in some special cases. Now some of the races with that 20 Km mintact clearly are not what the designer wanted. Tianjin Cycling Cup for sure, doubt Cerro put in 20 Km in that irish thing, and the change in some of OLs races are even stranger than the one he usually puts in :lol: So has the rule changed? A new maximum 20 Km rule? Don't like it.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Cerro Torre RT

Re: Minute tact

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:25 am

Roby is right, please stop that shit. For Wexford-Dublin I set 168 (not a guess, i reviewed both the excel and etn file, and even the reloaded file from the database contains my number), and that for a good reason. Either take that one or take the whole race out of the calender instead of ruining my design by putting it at this a senceless point.

thx to roby for pointing out.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 am

you have 50% who are crying every race "wäääh so long"...and you have leso, who puts sometimes in every races he takes part the min-tact later....
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 am

sometimes in every race :lol:
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:41 am

yes...not everytime...but sometimes everytime...sounds stupid i know :oops:
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 am

I didn´t change anything in the last time. Last change was maybe september.
I´ll look what happened.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 pm

like i said not everytime, but if..very often

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm

can you please switch the min tact change of Wexford-Dublin to 168?

The error seems to be in whatever you use to do the race calender, these script seems not to find the right number from the database file of the race and sets a standard of 20 (which should be 50, according to the previos standard).

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 am

OK
time changed and problem corrected.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Thank you.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 pm

And again very bad "minute tact" in very important races. K-B-K it was set at Km 163 AFTER the Nokereberg (Km 146) somewhere in the final nonimportant flat part. The race duration would not have been much longer...

Just for the future. Please set it where it is important, even if the race will last a bit longer.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Would it be possible to implement a mintakt with a begin and an end, or several mintakts in a race ?
For example, on KBK the decisive part was in the middle, with a lot of different siebs and only 30 sec to react, which isnt enough neither for the doddering old fools, nor for me since my brain is kinda slow.
And then we get 40 kms of flat, with 30 kms in mintakt and obviously nothing happening excepted tempo tempo tempo, oh wait everybody is in the pelOton since nobody could make a plan or react with the quick mintakt, waaah fascinating, ok let's all ride together until the end!

Imo it would be way better to set the mintakt from km 100 to 150, then accelerate again (for the duration of the race), and slow down the 5 last kms (just because it's a principle, still kind of useless).
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

It's peloton.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Hehe I just wanted to keep you busy after midnight :mrgreen:
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:02 am

Giro del friuli last 51 km are km/m

not very cool. All whe know the stage will solved the last 2 mountain maybe only the last one why we have to run 2 hours for wait the last 10 minutes? Please implement a limit of 30 km/m and stop this at last for the stupid races like giro del friuli. :x
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am

Disagree.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:08 am

40?

don't think 51 minutes of boring race will be a pleasure for all. For the begginners too look at the field 2 a lot of 40 - 50 they will lost all the racers in the 1 maybe the 2 hill and after they have to see the race of the other for 30 minutes? we are crazy or just don't mind about other? i have the time for run a stupid race of 2 hours but maybe someone haven't so today no race for them? pffff realy don't understand this
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 am

from the other thread.
i don't care what he want
Here
we are crazy or just don't mind about other?
It's obvious you don't care what others want. Unless they agree with you, right?

So for you all discussion with me by now about this topic is pointless, since now I couldn't care less what you want :lol:

Plus don't dare speaking for the majority, you don't know what the majority thinks, neither do I. Speak for yourself. LIke I do. Very simple, when I design, I put the mintact where I think it fits. Don't like it, complain with arguments and if it's done early enough and the arguments convinces me, I might change it. Here there was no argument, just whining. And start argumenting sensibly now, no use, you're on my black list today for this topic. 8-)

Agreement with leso was that there is a flexible mintact, done by designers where they think it makes sense. Want to change it? Because you like it and don't care what others think. Not a convincing argument either. I was for a fixed mintact at 50 Km. Why? Simple, more time to think gives better tactics, still hold that conviction. Flexible now, ok I adapt, when IMO it makes sense to put over 70 Km like in E3, I do it.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

For me there is no problem to run a race of 2 hours or 3 hours i like this game and i like to play it. But i think in a cat 2 race (Becouse the problem is this, is a race of cat 2 not a race of cat 4 like the harelbeke) 51 minutes is too much time if you can have other 67 minutes in the beginning of the race. And think a lot for win 150 point. Just see the first races of paris nice.. Howewer is not only for me becouse i have all the time i want i can play at 10 or at 18 or 20 or 22 is the same for me but just think to players who have to work from Morning to Afternoon, they coming back and want to have a bit of fun, and what they find? a stressful race. you realy think they are happy for this? come on :|
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 am

i don't care what he want
we are crazy or just don't mind about other?
I repeat myself, or yourself...

Doesn't qualify for any more answers from my side.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 am

uhm roby much time i've read aux ask if we can ride some tour at h 9 a.m. and nobody say him "yes we can" this was my "we are crazy or just don't mind about other?"

the other thing "i don't care what he want" was just a joke like "non mi frega niente di quello che dicono gli altri fallo e basta" i'm one of the last one here and i want to learn and read and sometimes talk with the much more expert players sorry if you think i have disrespected you was not my intention
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm not really angry, don't worry, just bored, nobody wants to fight with me lately, just having a bit of fun. Got it that you prefer it later for races like this, but here the complaint came too late IMO.

Designing it I saw a few possibilites:

Km 136, three laps from the end
Km 153: 2 laps from the end, but an uneven km, try to put it in even ones so the mintact starts at x.00 not x.30. So won't mention the uneven ones anymore
142: Start of the third last climb
160: Start of the second last climb. This one for me is too late, I put min 30 km most of the time, sometimes I forget it maybe. Why? See above, I think in the end the tactics are better when we have more time to think, late mintact increases over controlled races, since in the 30" tact doing something just is more difficult. Think, implement it. So here for me 160 not an option.

Leaves 2: 136+142, let's say I do 31 Km, so 156 or 158.. Or let^s just say: I do 160. The difference in the end is 12 minutes. That's all.

And later IMO is not good at all, see what I wrote at 160, by putting it in front of the last climb you just give a sign that that's when things should happen, not before. Because the slower ones like me in the game will just try less if it means stress. Will react less fast or well, if in doubt in the 30" tact I just put in my dropped rider. Not enough time to think it over. Like that blocking the race more, sometimes for me and the race it would be better if I (or others) don't chase with the dropped ones.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Just to give my humble opinion:

I love long min-tacts! Finally some time to breathe after 60-90 minutes of fast km changes. Time to go to the toilet quickly without missing 2-3km. Time to re-fill the water glass. Time to thoroughly analyse the remaining front group for chosing the right wheels and thinking about tactics for the finale. Time for this and that. Long min tact is good!

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:07 pm

i'm the only one who stay in the bathroom for 1 hour every time? :o
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 pm

what´s the problem with the minute tact?

Colombo-Atampodigar...178 km - minute tact from km 158... it´s stupid. it´s only downhill and a little flat last 20 km - but 5 km before is a 7% - and the 5 km before uphill too...

so what went wrong?

Flake (who draw it) was drunk?
Leso was drunk?
the robot?

what´s going on?