Minute tact

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

lesossies
Site Admin

Re: Minute tact

Post by lesossies » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 am

ariostea wrote:Colombo-Atampodigar...178 km - minute tact from km 158... it´s stupid. it´s only downhill and a little flat last 20 km - but 5 km before is a 7% - and the 5 km before uphill too...
so what went wrong?
Flake (who draw it) was drunk?
Leso was drunk?
It seems it was Falkenbier.

Moscow Team Pro

Post by Moscow Team Pro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm

I absolutely do not dispute my style and I understand that the time wasted to draw in many races and allow everyone to have a game better. I only do this precisely: the stages of the Tirreno-Adriatico are really too long, I understand that this is the path, but 3 out of 7 stages of two hours or two hours and a half too. Unfortunately I believe that much work and be able to devote this much time is really difficult. I think the correct length should be 90/100 minutes, then it is clear that there are some races that are longer, the-classic, racing world, but certain times should remain the prerogative of only a few times.

Again, mine is not a polemic but just an observation, I never tire of thanking those who can play every day in this beautiful game.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my English.

MOSCOW

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Moscow Team Pro wrote:the stages of the Tirreno-Adriatico are really too long, MOSCOW
If you ride at 24h, you ´ll maybe get the chance that the tact60 must be shorted because the races must be terminated at 2.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Ayayayayay !! :twisted:

Hihi..

When I design I do it like this:

Minimum 30 km. Something I broke this time in one stage actually.
Then after that 30km is done, don't look at the time it takes to ride a stage, look at where the tact change makes sense. From a tactical point of view... or not sure how you call it.
So a 120 km race I'm not going to put the minute tact earlier because the race is short, and in a long race I'm not going to put it later because it's long. theoretically, practically I adapt a bit too if there's a few places where the change makes sense.

Here: Stage 2 is 35 km, put it before the last intermediate. Other option would have been at 31 km (ah, I don't put it at uneven km either, another of my complicated rules) 2 minutes difference, doesn't change much.
Stage 3 less than 30 km, could be the first time in my whole designing career!
stage 4 IMO that is the only possible point. There simply isn't another one that makes sense in a stage like this. The climb to Lanciano is where the race starts, and where things will happen. A sieb, a slow reaction and it's done. 30" in such a decisive moment not good.
stage 5 I put it at 150. Don't ask me why, it makes no sense whatsover, 140 would have been the logical point. Maybe I made a compromise??? Or just a mistake, more likely... it's in the middle of the climb..
stage 6 it's 30 km then would be 150, but since the climb is at 144+145 go back to 144, 3 minutes more than with my 30km rule

Stage 2, ok, here most others would put it later, 20 or less km from the finish, but with my bothersome principles... stage 5 even would make more sense earlier.

Finally Tirreno Adriatico just has long stages. 252 km is 126 minutes even if EVERYTHING is in 30" tact. There's nothing that the designer can do about that, except "cutting" km, which is not really a good solution.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Moscow Team Pro

Post by Moscow Team Pro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for the quick answers!
lesossies wrote:
Moscow Team Pro wrote:the stages of the Tirreno-Adriatico are really too long, MOSCOW
If you ride at 24h, you ´ll maybe get the chance that the tact60 must be shorted because the races must be terminated at 2.
My intervention in another post in favor of the 24 races was to express my opinion, my job (bartender) I often see working at that hour, anyway thanks for this information, I did not know the fact that events must end by 02:00

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am

Moscow Team Pro wrote:Thanks for the quick answers!
lesossies wrote:
My intervention in another post in favor of the 24 races was to express my opinion, my job (bartender) I often see working at that hour, anyway thanks for this information, I did not know the fact that events must end by 02:00
hm and how do you do this with stage 4?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Normally I am one who likes a long minute tact, but at a "around the Misthaufen Vol 943" like Trofeo Piva today it is also for me a bit too much:

The race has 172km, the mintact starts at km21... makes 161 minutes overall.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 pm

there are some really terrible minute tact settings in the current races... may be leso can fix that still?

had a look only at the single races:

Dangriga - Santa Elena (today) - decisive km is km 122 - 28 km before the finisch -minute tact from km 140...make it km 121,if still possible
classica terras de bouro (17.11.) the same. make it km 121 instead of km 145
Oaxaca- Huajuapan (20.11.) - km 130 instead of 150
tour de okinawa (25.11.) - km 172 (or at least 176) instead of 183

besides of okinawa all of them really short races anyway and the minute-tact starting some km after the decisive km...

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm

ariostea wrote:there are some really terrible minute tact settings in the current races... may be leso can fix that still?

had a look only at the single races:

Dangriga - Santa Elena (today) - decisive km is km 122 - 28 km before the finisch -minute tact from km 140...make it km 121,if still possible
classica terras de bouro (17.11.) the same. make it km 121 instead of km 145
Oaxaca- Huajuapan (20.11.) - km 130 instead of 150
tour de okinawa (25.11.) - km 172 (or at least 176) instead of 183

besides of okinawa all of them really short races anyway and the minute-tact starting some km after the decisive km...
how dare you, 80% of the RSF-Users will now be depressed, angered nad send death notes to you...how dare you :lol:

@topic: agree with Ari
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

ariostea wrote:there are some really terrible minute tact settings in the current races... may be leso can fix that still?
I say: Designers decision. Of course I prefer long mintacts as well, but if one of my mintacts was shortened by leso because others don't agree with it I would be slightly angry and insult him for the next 2 or 3 decades. So I'd say, even if we have very short mintacts, that many people think are too short... keep the designers choice. For fantasy races, 100%. For real races (like Okinawa) ok, there IMO leso can do it if it seems too short (or long, grrr) for most people. But Fantasy races, 100% designers decision. (ok, if it's an obvious mistake or something exceptional why not)
If anything go protest in the designers thread. Somebody unhappy with a mintact of one of my races.. mention it. Actually they're not all perfect either.... Say what you think was wrong, say why, and Ifif I'm convinced I might change somethin in future races.
So, better than ask leso to to change it, go directly to the designer and tell him what you think. He might agree with you and do something different in future, he might tell you to fuck off... but worth a try.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I say: Designers decision.
but this way the minute tact doesn´t make sense at all... then we can have the whole race a 30 second-tact - would be the same...

i wouldn´t like it. i want to have the chance to see what the race situation is and to make a decision afterwards. if to ride or not - to wait for a group for cooperation or not... minute tact setting that way really sucks.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Agree...
But from a designers point of view it sucks when leso has the power (well he has it anyway, so when he uses the power) to change the mintact without at least consulting the designer.
I design, I try to set the mintacts where I think it makes sense.. get more complaints too long, than too short (but got that too), some I make are bad, many I would set at the same place, I don't really want leso to go around changing them without my approval. And if I demand that right for myself, I have to demand that right for the other designers too. And if they insist of keeping the mintact where they put it... even if I don't like where it is (and for example in the Andes there is 3 or so days where it's in a place I really like it), either I ride it or if I find it too ridiculous I don't.... and complain.

Ah, btw, complaining here of course is good too, but I say go complain in the designers corner too, by telling him why you think that specific mintact is bad, maybe you convince him and he'll make the mintact more often in places that you would too. In the end a better strategy than having to check, ask leso all the time. Go to the source of the bad mintact, and that's the designer. Convince him with brillant arguments that it would have been better in other places.

I just went and checked the races you mentioned, and I agree.... not mintacts that I like or seem to make sense
Dangriga - Santa Elena (today) - decisive km is km 122 - 28 km before the finisch -minute tact from km 140...make it km 121,if still possible 120 for me.
classica terras de bouro (17.11.) the same. make it km 121 instead of km 145 120 for me again
Oaxaca- Huajuapan (20.11.) - km 130 instead of 150 128 for me
tour de okinawa (25.11.) - km 172 (or at least 176) instead of 183170 for me

So agree... slight details on which km though... Agree that those mintacts would be MUCH better where you say (or I say) but.... let's not have lesossies just changing them without the consent of the guy who designed it. Because that can go the other way too. See Tour of Kerala stage 3, I put the mintact at km 158. Km 173 though is probably more important than the hill after 158.. enough people demand to put it to km 170 or so, leso does it, sorry, I'm not happy. I design, I decide. If there is a big outcry and I'm ASKED, I'm might agree to put it to 170, but I don't want to have leso just changing my mintacts without me having any input.

The 4 mentioned races:
Hunsrück: Let's go to his thread
SLD (who is that?) If he's unknown and doesn't post his tours for our inspection before, I have no problems with unilateral leso changes! (But might be posted somewhere, just don't know where)
Libby: Let's assault her thread
Okinawa: No designer: so it's either leso himself or somebody who didn't put in his signature. So.... here I agree with changes without consultation! LESO, change OKINAWA mintact!

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm

honestly... i did not really think it has to be discussed with the designers, cause for me it looked not really like a designers decision - looked more like a mistake. like the robot again setting auto minute-tact. look at the settings: they don´t make sense at all - the only thing that can be discussed is okinawa may be.

but ok - if you think it can be meant this way - it better has to be discussed in the designers thread. right.

but still think leso can change it to a km where it might make sense.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm

ariostea wrote:honestly... i did not really think it has to be discussed with the designers, cause for me it looked not really like a designers decision - looked more like a mistake. like the robot again setting auto minute-tact.
That's what I thought when I saw the Andes mintact first... Must be just random... I was told there was thinking behind it. :shock:

Anyway, I said my opinion.. if you manage to convince leso to change it... ok.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 pm

I changed burros and Okinawa.
If Libby want to change Oaxaca- Huajuapan, I´ll do it.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Mintact of IT in December tour don't start from km 1 bug, mistake or choise?
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Pirkio wrote:Mintact of IT in December tour don't start from km 1 bug, mistake or choise?
Mistake