No money at IS for 1-day races

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: No money at IS for 1-day races

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

the way I read it in Vendée the winner of the intermediate sprint "general classification" gets 600 Euros... not the winner of each sprint.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 pm

luques wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
Alkworld wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:Image

So the reality isn't realistic ? Hum...I should to have a big reflexion about it !
The intermediates themselves are realistic, the money for intermediates is not. I'm pretty sure that you won't get 50% of the prize money of the race winner for winning all intermediates. You may get a handshake and some flowers instead.
The comparason between RSF and reality about money is senseless for my eyes but well...

I can't find nothing aabout GP Isbergues prize money so I looks for Tour de Vendée which is on October. In the race there is 10 intermediates (6 riders take it), at each intermediates the 1st win 600 euros, so a rider can win 6.000 euros just with intermediates, when the winner of the race win only 7.515 euros, the 2nd 3.760e and the 3rd 1.875e .
On RSF ? The guy who takes all intermediates will win 10 x 6k so 60k, when the winner win 120k, the 2nd 70k and the 3rd 50k.
So okay, I am agree, looks unrealistic, they are not enough money on intermediates sprint (or too much at the finish, depend how you take it) !!

http://www.tourdevendee.fr/la-course/dotations
I perfectly know it poke, also GP of Prato looks similar; what's the difference? The guy who wins has also sponsor prizes + bonus prizes in many races + popularity for the team which brings new money etc...

Who wins the GPM get that money and STOP! Do you remind the GPM winners or the winner of the race? Where people will invest more money on the winner or on the GPM winner?

In RSF we don't have such a popoularity/sponsor feature, you don't even get money when you go to the higher category, for this i tell give more money to the winner to compensate the lack of other earnings except the one of the race. Other earnings that in real life exist and are connected to the victory.
Very bad way of thinking imo. I will give you example. My team has no chance during the flat races. So at least if there are some IS i can ride to get some money and count that escape will be succesful. If there would not be IS or no money for them, during flat stages i have no reason to ride them so it means one less team in pel3ton, less teams less fun. I just dont have 20 riders in team and i cant set up proper team for any type of race. And it would be even more painful for newbies who has only 9 riders. It will be sensless to ride in most of the race for them. They will not stick to the game, tend to be less active and they will prolly loose interests in game very fast. We dont want it. IS are best for weaker/new teams.

luques

Post by luques » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Radomiak wrote: Very bad way of thinking imo. I will give you example. My team has nothing to win during the flat races. So at least if there are any IS i can ride to get some money and count that escape will be succesful. If there would not be IS or no money for them, during flat stages i have no reason to ride them so it means one less team in pel3ton, less teams less fun. I just dont have 20 riders in team and i cant set up proper team for any type of race. And it would be even more painful for newbies who has only 9 riders. It will be sensless to ride in most of the race for them. They will not stick to the game, tend to be less active and they will prolly loose interests in game very fast. We dont want it. IS are best for weaker/new teams.
Mmm rado, i think you get too much distracted by the title of the topic. We never said to eliminate IS, we never said to eliminate money from it. But that in a race where the winner gets 120k, for me would be right that the winner of all gpm/IS takes at most 25k. which is not for me a low compensation, because anyway only with placements you do something like 4/5k at the end, and if the escape is succesful you can also win more.
Supposing that when you play a flat race you are under wage you can do easily 20-30k, while a sprinter team will have more risk at the start (in most of the cases will be over the wage so if the escape arrives will be a bad day for him) and at the end will have more compensation in case of win (a winner should always take more more than an escaper imo)