Calendar 2011

race and calendar global organistion

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

team fl

Re: Calendar 2011

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 am

If I see what came out (Roby, etc.) I am not sure if we should give the newcomers the same basis to develop their RSF-skills :mrgreen:
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am

I don't it will automatically be complete 'pig' races. Wilder, yes, but in the end most of the D5-6 races offered so far in the end turned out ok. D6 doesn't automatically have to be complete chaos, mass tempo and team attacks every day, etc. Can happen, but isn't automatically the case. Somehow I think the newcomers now are not necessarily less talented than the newcomers from 1, 2 etc years ago. But maybe you are right, it won't be good... but we only know if we try. If then all those pure d6 stage races really just are complete chaos... ok, discontinue the try, but why not try it first, before deciding it's no good?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 am

team fl wrote:If I see what came out (Roby, etc.) I am not sure if we should give the newcomers the same basis to develop their RSF-skills :mrgreen:
Bah... seriously, when Roby etc started, the game was much less complex, easier to learn. And our opponents were at the same level, we could develop slowly. Like one day lesossies discovered the tactic 'ride for sprint', something unheard until then. ZL or Bella found the sectrick at the start of the race. Radler pioneered the 60-80 superdomestique. Roby developed the concept of moral victories. We were given time.

Now? The game is more complex, and many demand that the newcomers are up to a good level strategically and tactically very fast. Already 50 races and doesn't know this, he sucks!!!! Either that or they are told to sit still and watch. Yes, generalization, but we both know it happens. Compared to me and you too, they have to learn much quicker. And of course after 50 races maybe some suck. But... you're never allowed to do something... since you suck, you have to sit and watch, or you'll be told do so by half of the managers. Give them the possibility to do more in their first races... maybe then they won't 'suck' after 50...

They have advantages too. Mentors. People explaining them stuff in races. But the thing they don't have often enough is competition roughly at their level, where they can learn themselves, where they can be active, more than just, either go in the escape or sit in the field and do nothing. A chance to put their mark on the race, do the siebs without 7 d1-4 guys then telling them it's useless, which it mostly is, but maybe not in the weaker d6 race, where their 68-78 is top, not just a superoutsider. Get to organize the sprint, they are always told they need 80 flat guys for their 92 sprinter. They have them, then they are told not to ride, since Fabulous and Schmarotz are the favorites.. let them use their teams against teams with the same level. Get them to understand what works in what way. Yes, D6 competition will maybe not always be a huge learning experience for all. But I'm sure it can be fun anyway. And yes, many of these things can be done in group 2. But the split is not always perfect.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 am

Of course I was just kidding (not about your skill-level though): I like your idea. People have to make their own experience. Always doing what you are told to do is not fun and does not help understand the game as much as learning by doing. Usually.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Robyklebt wrote: But RSF really needs to let its newcomers develop their skills in a more or less even group. That means restricted races.

Do it.
OK
I make it first with Zagreb and Chateauroux.
a 4 days tour in september for Div6 could be OK. Maybe a phantasy tour .

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes, fantasytour should work with no problem

Btw we have a pure D6 group at Limousin in the morning. Perfect split (which doesn't always happen). Didn't see the race, but the result looks ok, 12 teams, 4 completely offline, 1 announced offline. Glancing at t he fairness votes all seems to work out fairly well. So, no need to be too scared about pure D6 groups (basically that's not for lesossies but for NoPik here)

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:13 pm

My remark was not in a being scared way, and even if I thought it would be complete chaos (which I didnt say, hum well I think/hope I didn't), I still don't care about that.

My thought was, that if you want D6 teams to improve and to get to know the game, it could be helpful if there are some D5 teams around as well. Just to give some little advice. Can't hurt.

That's all I meant.
SO STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH THAT I DIDNT SAY YOU DIRTY BANANALICKER !!! Spéciale dédicasse à une de tes discussions il y a quelques mois... ;)
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

Ah, good comeback.
Agreed excepted for pure D6 races. I doubt they will develop any skills there is they are in 100% "pig" groups.
Slightly unclear sentence in that case 8-)

Anyway, since my proposal says 1 D6 Tour per month, plus 1 D5-6, it's not as if they would never meet D5 or higher. But we could just give some very patient people (thinking about you) the job as D6 developper, he gets D6 races chat rights and can answer questions, tell rules etc. If that is necessary, which is possible.