El imbatito - most successful rider in C4f History

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

El imbatito - most successful rider in C4f History

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:46 am

I just want to give some props to Stevens and Alejandro Velasco for gaining 36,304 eternal points. What a journey! Congratulations!

Hansa

Re: El imbatito - most successful rider in C4f History

Post by Hansa » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:25 am

Taking that Top Spot and reitiring with 35 was really generous of him. He could have pushed that rrecord even further but he decided to let future riders a chance to challenge him.

Congrats Velasco
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:12 pm

Congrats!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Team stevens

Post by Team stevens » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:19 pm

Thanks to everybody, it was really difficult, a lot of luck was needed. As Hansa says, he could have gone on for a while, but we're coming up to the end of the season and the points aren't very high any more (1500-2000 extra points could have been taken by pushing on to 40).

For me, it was interesting to finish on a high note, winning in the Andes, with some interesting statistics, and a relatively young age. He climbed higher and faster than his rivals, and if someone surpassed him I'd have the argument to say that he did it at only 35 ahah

he won 68 stages, 23 GT victories ( 10 vuelta/8TDF/5Giro) with the 3 general classification. I'd say that the 3 races I enjoyed winning most were the lombardia , the Giro and the Tourmalet stage of the Vuelta. The stage of the giro that finishes in Bergamo was fantastic too, I was far from being THE favourite for this giro and I picked up the momentum that day.

But this individual reward (being at the top of the rankings) is also the work of a team.... For almost a year now I've been sacrificing a lot of riders to the task of riding for this objective...From abbaccio (50-89 with 61 reg) as the rider behind the breakaways to ghirga (79-80 with 57 reg ) and acimovic (85-57-74) to put him in orbit at the end of the stages. Velasco was undoubtedly the best rider in the game, but the elements around him were just as impressive.

The team's objective for 2024 is going to be to find other ways of shining through other styles of play. You never get tired of winning, as Velasco did, but personally, it might be interesting to try and achieve great things by enjoying the game in a different way.

I think it's a bit early to start again for a year when the probability of achieving the same thing is low. Why not in 1 or 2 years (if I'm still on the game)?

To break that record after returning to the game 14 mouth ago is something I never thought I'd achieve.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:23 pm

Only met him once? Oman? Tirreno? In spring anyway, I think Oman, he won anyway. Good man, but the nickname? d! d!
Congratulations, understand retiring on a win, December Tour at 88 he'd still have had a chance, but depending on who he meets he would have been the weaker climber, why let him go through that?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Team stevens

Post by Team stevens » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Alejandro comes from Valverde and Velasco is Contador's 2nd name. El imbatido is Valverde's nickname and I merged with purito. The vuelta 2012 is one of my favourite races of my life. I wanted to pay tribute to these 3 guys through this one.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Ok, with the explanation, ImbatpuritoI don't have any problem with it anymore! Viva el imbatito! (Of course Federico Echave was still better than all these 3, but not as good as Velasco)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Team stevens

Post by Team stevens » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:16 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:34 pm
Ok, with the explanation, ImbatpuritoI don't have any problem with it anymore! Viva el imbatito! (Of course Federico Echave was still better than all these 3, but not as good as Velasco)
I'm young ahah I was born in 1996, I started really following the Tour de France in 2006 and cyclism in general around 2008-2009. it was the golden age of spanish cycling i was a contador fanatic and a valverde hater but with age i've learnt to appreciate the other riders who faced contador ( except froome ahah)