New riders

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Inactive

Re: New riders

Post by Inactive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am

NoPikouze wrote:The new climbing star that everyone is talking of has alledgedly been seen with the manage of NoPikouze during the last days. Rumours say that he signed a 14 year contact with the team and will receive an astronomic salary.
His theoretical skills ? 89-60-75-50-58-58.2-56 :shock:
His main objective will of course be the Giro and also some classics.

Better pay attention to Giancarlo Venuti. Or not?

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 pm

I always liked this segment in the forum, so around 6 years after its opening post from Robyklebt, I'd like to continue the list of new interesting riders for April 2016:

Climbers:

- Frank Tank (Sandow Racing): 73-52-79-52-52, 52.6 Pavé, 48 Reg: Lacks a bit of flat and Pavé, but still the best 21 yo climber by far in April 2016. Team darsseuls Clément Fourcade is the only other climber with a max. climbing skill but only 47 flat. Michele Scarponi already lacks one mountain skillpoint, rest would be almost as good as Tank's skills.

Stage race riders

- Only one worth mentioning due to his skill, but now worth due to his name and its history. These are the skills: 67-51-67-72-52, 52.2 Pavé, 39 Reg: Perfect mountain-TT comination, but lack of flat skill and Reg. Anyway, the only "Huber" prospect in April so far.

- no name yet (Floppzzy): 70-56-73-62-54, 55.1 Pavé, 50 Reg: Very nice skill set for a future stage race rider. Oleg Rebrov from Tornado Team is very similar but lacks each one mountain and TT skill to match Floppzzy's rider.

Sprinters:

- Alexander Matthews (Mosca Cicli Italia): 50-58-75-50-82, 56.8 Pavé, 45 Reg: A well-skilled sprinter that lacks nothing. Only bad training may set him back, but besides that, he's the top pic in this category. Matthews is followed by three other sprinters with 82 sprint, but only the one of No Name Team having 60+ Pavé and thus at least in one category a slight advantage over Matthews.

Classic riders:

- no name yet (Crazy Vikings): 56-74-79-47-61, 67.4 Pavé, 52 Reg: Perfect skills for mountain, falt and downhill. With 61 sprint also a decent finisher and with 52 reg a valuable helpers. A great all-around classic rider that only lacks time trial skills, but who needs that anyway. There are even more rider with those kind of skills, like Stoner or the no name rider from Qbikes Panthéres. They all fit in here.

- Anton Kaminski (Falkenbier): 56-73-72-46-56, 74.2 Pavé, 35 Reg: Also a very well balanced classic rider that could have a decent role in the spring classics 2016. A bit more sprint could be helpful though. But together with his low reg and tt-skill, it makes him very cheap in salary for what he's able to (maybe in the future), what makes him special .

- no name yet (Ferrari): 56-74-65-52-64, 74 Pavé, 53 Reg: What Kaminski lacks in sprint, Kaminski only lacks a bit in downhill. Besides that, also this rider might have a vitale role in Belgium 2017. Like this rider, also John Meyer could be mentioned here, with almost similar skills, although even less downhill.

- Sedar Senghor (Haudegen): 56-73-78-53-64, 70.6 pavé, 41 Reg: Senghor is my favourite here. Would have bought him myself, but Haudegen paid around 2.7 Mio for him. Seems to be worth it, looking at his skills. From the three main skills over sprint to pavé, he has everything.

- Elise Maillard (RideforMoney): 55-74-74-48-66, 66.2 Pavé, 63 Reg: You need a classic rider with sprint, here it is. Mr. Maillard (what a terrible first name though). If needed, this rider can also do a lot on his own, esp. during stage races, as he has an exceptional (and expensive) 63 reg-skill.

Classic riders with TT:

- Roelf Meyer (GoddelauerClub): 56-74-78-68-54, 68.6 Pavé, 59 Reg: What a rider. Almost perfect main skills, so you almost oversee that he has 68 TT points too. Maybe not the strongest time trialist in this list, but maybe, if he develops well, able to get some seconds elsewere. With 59 Reg he may also be a very aggressive rider, which makes him even more dangerous for his opponents.

- lots of no name riders, esp. the one from Luques with 55-73-78-75-52, 68.2 Pavé, 48 Reg: He's the most balanced rider among the classics with TT, all other riders with a TT skill over 70 and at least 55 mountain have not more than 57 downhill. Hugo Marxer would have liked him too...

- Mattia Viel (VeloPiemonte): 56-67-77-76-63, 63.4 Pavé, 42 reg: Nice mountain and TT skill. Lacks almost too much in falt to be mentioned in this category, but still looks very promising as a stage race rider and future "Leupold".

(pure) Time trialists:

- no rider over 75 TT to mention...

(pure) Pavé riders:

- Sam Oomen (Lotto-Soudal): 52-74-68-49-64, 75.8 Pavé, 47 Reg: Perfect conditions to become a main contestant for pavé races, even if they are a bit hilly. Surprisingly, Oomen is followed by four classic riders with pavé until the next pure pavé rider turnes up in the list.

Helpers (max. 52 mountain, 72 flat, min. 70 downhill, max 70 TT, max 60 sprint, min. 45 reg):

This leaves four riders in the list, only two of them worth mentioning imho, although this is agains the rules that you should not list your own riders:

- Anselmo Grau (Team FL): 51-72-79-51-55, 67.8 Pavé, 46 Reg: Very nice allrounder but maybe a bit expensive for a helper. Anyway, he will be of good use in all kind of terrains.

- Justine Vaillant (Idéfix): 49-70-76-49-44, 65.2 Pavé, 59 Reg: That's a helper also Hugo Marxer would have liked to see. Can be a decent 60-80 rider with a strong motor. Will be very usefull for the future captains of Idéfix.

- Honorable mention that did not fit the (randomly chosen) criteria: Reto Clavadetscher (RV Zahna): 48-70-61-48-54, 64.3 Pavé, 45 Reg: Lacks the downhills skill Vaillant and Grau have but is going to be a nice helper that contrary to the other two will save some big time salary for his team.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Excellent FL!

Not completely agreed on that Meyer though. For me the reg is too high, not really an asset. Depends a bit on training too of course. I would imagine that the TT will be the second skill? Mountain first, TT second, which means that he'll lack some flat when he's grown. Which makes attacks with him riding himself.... much less likely. Will need a puller I think. IMO 45 reg would have been much better only advantage really will be that he can give more in TTs followed by a hard stage. Aggressive riding? Not so much.

Edit: Of course he might go for flat as second skill too... then.... still not that dangerous, because he'll lack the TT to really challenge for wins in most stage races. (most likely he'll lack that anyway?)
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Not completely agreed on that Meyer though. For me the reg is too high, not really an asset. Depends a bit on training too of course. I would imagine that the TT will be the second skill? Mountain first, TT second, which means that he'll lack some flat when he's grown. Which makes attacks with him riding himself.... much less likely. Will need a puller I think. IMO 45 reg would have been much better only advantage really will be that he can give more in TTs followed by a hard stage. Aggressive riding? Not so much.

Edit: Of course he might go for flat as second skill too... then.... still not that dangerous, because he'll lack the TT to really challenge for wins in most stage races. (most likely he'll lack that anyway?)
I wasn't sure if he should not be simply in the classic riders' category. His main skills are nearly perfect and additionally he has this 68 TT skill. I would train him like a normal classic rider, no TT training. But maybe du to this he will grab some decent placements or even maybe some GC wins. Of course this also depends on how good his skills will be when he's "matured".

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Yes, of course.... training matters! But I see the reg as a negative in his case, not a positive, basically regardless on what he trains! That combined with the TT will make him incredibly expensive.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Yes, of course.... training matters! But I see the reg as a negative in his case, not a positive, basically regardless on what he trains! That combined with the TT will make him incredibly expensive.
Jep, that's true, also for Maillard from RfM with 63 Reg.

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Respect FL, nice work :)

Thanks for Roelf Meyer in your list ;)

luques

Post by luques » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks for the mention ;)

We will give him a name soon!

Rekt

Post by Rekt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

Thx for Elise ^^ but yes her reg is quite high... expensive grrr money is the money

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Sun May 01, 2016 12:18 am

I hope you do this again FL!
You make a great work!

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun May 01, 2016 2:25 pm

GoddelauerClub wrote:I hope you do this again FL!
You make a great work!
Monday most likely.

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Sun May 01, 2016 3:37 pm

i wait, thank you :)

this is awsome!!!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

And here we go again. The same in green for May (with stupid hyphens from Word):

Climbers:

- no name (Haudegen): 73-56-78-48-48, 54.2 Pavé, 63 Reg: Man, what a climbing prospect. He has almost perfect skills in mountain, flat and downhill, but no name yet. Even only 48 TT and sprint seem not to matter that much, but make him a bit more dependable on mountain training though. And even if not, he can still ride very aggressively with his 63 Reg. But he better be successful as Haudegen paid more than 700’000 over market value for him.

- Gordon Kearney (Calimero): 73-55-71-49-59, 53.8 Pavé, 37 Reg: Very nice climber with good A-skills and maxed sprint skill. Would have been my choice too, even over Haudegen’s beast. And he was cheaper. Only around 500’000 over market value.

- Nicola Urru (Coroncina): 73-55-66-53-51, 55.9 Pavé, 53 Reg: Kind of the mix between the two riders above. Better B-skills (TT and sprint) but lacks a bit in A-skills, esp. downhill. But then again, good flat skill and with 53 reg a potential GT prospect.

Stage race riders:

- no name (Vital): 68-56-72-69-55, 56 Pavé, 59 Reg: This is a potential Huber with a good basis. Of course, he has not the 72 max TT, but his skill-set is well balanced. And he has 59 Reg. Anyway, I think in this case, the development of the team itself that hired him will be more important than the rider’s development.

Sprinters:

- Linus GroSSchartner (!) (Trekken Racing): 49-54-67-54-82, 61.5 Pavé, 42 Reg: Very weird name. Besides, he has superb sprint skills but lacks some flat. The 61.5 Pavé will come in very handy in the classic spring 2017 though. Trekken did not even pay 100% for him.

Classic riders:

Unfortunately, there are no classic riders with pavé that would be worth mentioning. All three over 70 pavé have their flaws (lack of downhill, too much reg, lack of sprint, etc.). An-yway, a lot of teams seem to buy classic riders in bulks. So we have a lot of teams with two or more 21 yo classic riders (at least with the potential). Here is my selection:

- Wassil Nadzieja (Mangahns Mannen): 56-74-74-60-49, 65.6 Pavé, 60 Reg: This is one of four (!) 21 yo riders Mangahns Mannen adds to his roster. So I guess he’s farming for spring 2017. Anyway, this guy is one of the best balanced young classic riders in May. He only lacks a bit of sprint, but hey, when three of your four riders have 55 or more reg, the tactics seem to go into another direction. John Quinn from Calimero has almost the same skills, but more sprint points and less TT (53/58).

- no name (Flinky): 56-73-77-54-54, 66.4 Pavé, 48 Reg: With one flat point more, he would have perfect starting skills for a classic rider. But almost perfect is good enough in May, so we take him on the list.

- Nikolay Gurenko (Freudenfeuer): 56-74-69-59-64, 67.1 Pavé, 43 Reg: Nikolay is not the one with the best sprint skill among the 21yo classic prospects, but his other skills give him the pole position over Fabien Mirebeau (VC Moulinsart: 56-72-76-48-64, 66.6 Pavé (!), 50 Reg) and JorgeLuis Ochoa (Team Obk: 56-72-65-48-65, 66 Pavé, 64 Reg (expensive!)). Vasily Zaytsev could also be taken into consideration, but only because he’s the cheapest of them all (only 56 downhill and 36 Reg).

Classic riders with TT:

- Logan Eaton (Ralph Lauren): 54-72-54-76-61, 66.3 Pavé, 60 Reg: I know. This might be not the kind of rider that would be in such a list, but honestly, there is nothing better to show you. So Logan Eaton stands vicariously for the lack of good classic riders with TT, who could become the next “Habermacher” or “Leupold”.

(pure) Time trialists:

- Wilco Zuidema (Rapid Vitesse): 48-72-78-77-54, 64.2 Pavé, 40 Reg. In April, there has not been a real good pure time trialist. This month, there is Zuidema: Perfect TT skills, almost maxed downhill, some flat and cheap side skills which you don’t need for a pure time trialist. His problem will be the mountain skill, depending on how Rapid Vitess will train him.

- Auric Goldfinger (CircleCycle): 50-74-72-77-60, 68.6 Pavé, 35 Reg: And there we even have a second one to mention. Besides downhill and reg, he seems to be even more fit than Wil-co, at least at the beginning of being 21.

Worth mentioning as well is, that both time trialists went well under 100 percent of their market value. Seems those types of riders are so hip at the moment.

(pure) Pavé riders:

Perfect time to buy pavé rider for the upcoming classic spring 2017! Let’s see what was bought:

- no name (Fly Eagles Fly): 48-74-49-62-52, 76.1 Pavé, 37 Reg: Best pavé skill of all 21 year olds in May. Not much more to say about him, a pure pave beast.

- Helmuth Götzen (Organe Cycling): 51-74-76-52-64, 74.9 Pavé, 54 Reg: What Helmuth lacks in pave, he makes up with his B-Skill like sownhill and esp. sprint. Okay, has not to have that much reg, but it won’t hurt either.

Helpers (max. 52 mountain, 72 flat, min. 70 downhill, max 70 TT, max 60 sprint, min. 45 reg):

Four riders found with these characteristics of which I’ve picked three to be in this list (sorry Obk but Restrepo lost against Farkas):

- Juha Salonen (CircleCycle): 51-72-75-47-84, 67.5 Pavé, 56 Reg: Reminds me a bit of my own Anselmo Grau, despite the fact that Juha has even 10 Reg to show off. Besides that, this will be a good helper for Auric Goldfinger, who is already mentioned in the pure time trialists’ section.

- Örn Clausen (SV Furpach): 49-70-71-48-57, 72.1 Pavé, 58 Reg: Team FL was very close bid-ding seriously for this rider too. He has very nice helper skills and it’s the perfect timing for a bit pave as well. So I guess Fuprach will enjoy Örn a lot from January (Tour des Pavés) to May 2017, maybe even already in October (Sachsen Pavés!).

- Attila Farkas (Big Donkey): 50-69-78-47-52, 62.4 Pavé, 48 Reg: First things first, the Donkey might say now that this isn’t a helper because he only has leaders in his team. Nevertheless, as Faraks didn’t fit in any other category, he will be mentioned in this. Sooo, although not having 50+ Reg, this guy can become a very handy 60-80 rider while being still advantageous for a team’s finances.

Honourable mentions aka self-adulation:

- Fridolin Tschugmell (Team FL): 48-70-69-47-48, 66.4 Pavé, 62 Reg: Again against the rules, because it's my own rider and because 69 is not 70 downhill, but I already love him! My first rider ever over 60 Reg and such wonderful skills. He won't be ready for the Giro, but I think he will be considered for the Tour de France. Anyway, it seems even when I am posting my own riders, they have only been helpers so far...

Cheap riders that actually are a good fit

New segment for May! Yay! I found some very cheap riders that actually will be a good fit for their team. So be prepared for his and don’t get too greedy:

- Edwig vanHooydonck (BayernPower): 56-73-67-50-54, 67 Pavé, 35 Reg: He could also be mentioned in the classic riders section but with this special segment, I show him here: 1.65 market value, bought for even less, only 32.5k salary for May with these skills: A nice bargain I would say. There are other really cheap classic riders, but Edwin beats them all in value for money.

- Goran Kostelic (TheDreamTeam): 46-70-50-50-47, 66.4 Pavé, 40 Reg: A very cheap rider, worth around 1.5 Mio and bought exactly for that (Div. 6-7 I guess). Anyway, this is a salary dumper par excellence and with some training even helpful for the team. 50-85 possible with some luck (for the odds, ask Coroncina). In the same category, we also have a Liechten-stein rider! Martin Rechsteiner (Riding Stars: 46-71-52-50-49, 64.1 Pavé, 40 Reg) is hilarious-ly cheap as well, esp. from such a wealthy country. Somehow he’s ruining our image…

- no name (Elbcoast Riders): 47-74-77-49-73, 66.2 Pavé, 37 Reg: A bit more expensive than Goran and Martin but much better skilled as well. This could become an elite flat rider if he trains close to well only. The rider has been bought for round 1.3 Mio and only wants a bit more than the minimum salary (so far).

- Otto von Bismarck (ONCE-Team): 55-69-76-52-46, 72.9 Pavé, 39 Reg: He’s not exactly cheap, but how can you be with that name. Anyway, this could be an interesting rider for hilly pavé races. And – otherwise he would not be in this segment – he was comparably cheap (bought for 1.75 Mio), possibly because of the 69 flat skill only. There are several oth-er riders with a decent but not superb pave skill who were pretty cheap, like a no name rider from Fly Eagles Fly (48-69-51-52-51, 71.7 Pavé, 47 Reg for 1.5 Mio.), who seems to stack up pavé riders anyway.

Obk

Post by Obk » Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 am

Well done, FL, thank you!

Many strong riders! As Freude stole my first goal, I had to take Ochoa. A lot of reg, very expensive, but 65 Sprint looks pretty promising, we'll see!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon May 02, 2016 11:40 am

von Bismark is clearly a pure pavé rider. And now he join ONCE, he is for sure a future 60-85 84.1 pave, something like that ! With such future skills it is a shame to see him only as a cheap helper werehas he won't be no cheap no helper ^^

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Mon May 02, 2016 12:28 pm

very nice Team FL!

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Mon May 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Pah, where is my Magnus Caris? You could have at least mention him somewhere
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:von Bismark is clearly a pure pavé rider. And now he join ONCE, he is for sure a future 60-85 84.1 pave, something like that ! With such future skills it is a shame to see him only as a cheap helper werehas he won't be no cheap no helper ^^
The category "cheap riders that actually are a good fit" does neither exclude riders to be valid for another category too nor does it imply that these riders are only helpers.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon May 02, 2016 2:33 pm

lennylenny wrote:Pah, where is my Magnus Caris? You could have at least mention him somewhere
He is clearly only a boring flat rider with reg that does not fit any criteria to be mentioned in any category in my list. What a sausage ;)

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Mon May 02, 2016 2:48 pm

da mein englisch leider nicht so dolle ist mal auf Deutsch:

Wieder ganz tolle Arbeit FL!
Ich finde diese Liste echt toll, verschafft einen Überblick über die besten Jungfahrer, bzw. zukünftigen GK und Etappenjäger.

Vielen dank für die ArbeiT!
Respekt

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon May 02, 2016 3:13 pm

GoddelauerClub wrote:da mein englisch leider nicht so dolle ist mal auf Deutsch:

Wieder ganz tolle Arbeit FL!
Ich finde diese Liste echt toll, verschafft einen Überblick über die besten Jungfahrer, bzw. zukünftigen GK und Etappenjäger.

Vielen dank für die ArbeiT!
Respekt
Thanks. The most fun part about this least is to see later on, who could live up to the praise in advance and who failed miserably :twisted:

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Mon May 02, 2016 3:20 pm

hahahahahahaha i know what you mean :D

Chense

Post by Chense » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Nice Work FL, nice to see what other teams are going to do in future.

Now i am motivated again to gain money for a top youth rider! :)

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Here is Roelf Meyer actual skills:

I train him as normal classic skills timetrial i have no trained.

60(+4)-78(+4)-78(+0)-68(+0)-54(+0)

I hope he train this month 4 x Mountain and 2x flat i hope :D

katiki

Post by katiki » Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 pm

moaahhaha meyer :lol: :lol:

sebastien deneyer actual skills :)

60mont/75flat/78-downhill/63 TT/65 sprint/38reg ;)
Champion de Belgique 2016
Strade Bianche 2017
Profronde van Drenthe 2017
Handzame Classic 2017
E3 Harelbeke 2017
Vlaanderen Mooiste 2017
Scheldeprijs 2017