names of retired riders are used again???

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

deuseburger

names of retired riders are used again???

Post by deuseburger » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm

moin miteinander...

looking through the south african riders i came to notice the name of 2 of my ex riders beeing used. i therefore would like to know under wich circumstances the name is protected. i guess its a matter of points and number of races, but i´m not sure. they both didnt retire as "name geben" so i dont think the name should be used again....
although i wasnt able to find these two in the statistic section under "ex-fahrer suchen" the upcoming quotes from my teampage should pretty much make clear that both names already existed:

Christoff vanHeerden
Deuseburger 1.063.348 Verkauf 17.08.2008

cant find the date i buyed him, but as far as i remember he was one of my first 9 riders when i start back in feb ´08, either its too long ago or my list of transfers is too long...

Kevin Evans
Deuseburger 1.136.416 Kauf 27.10.2008

Kevin Evans
Deuseburger 1.270.167 Verkauf 14.08.2009

although they never were big stars, or even stars at all, they were reliable helpers and named by me. i pretty much dislike the idea of seeing those names (or any other i gave) on new riders in other teams...

to state it clear: this is not to offend the current owner who couldnt know and did nothing wrong. but from my point of view there should at least be a solution wich prevent further similar cases (and i must admid i really would like to see the current names changed also...)

liebe, grüße deuse
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research."

Milton William Cooper

Cerro Torre RT

Re: names of retired riders are used again???

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 pm

I don't know the circumstances as well, but what i know is there have been some riders that retired just the normal way, but didn't appear in the retired riders ranking. In my team for example it was Aaron Nimzowitsch, and i know it was the same with a ZL pave star, but i do not remember his name... both retired early in 2008. It's supposed it has been a bug. So yes, it is possible that there are some riders that existed before, as they are not listed there. I think we just have to live with that, for that few riders any try to do something against would be too much of work.