Helpdesk for overstrained managers

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Falkenbier

Helpdesk for overstrained managers

Post by Falkenbier » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Couldn't find this thread in the new forum, so I opened it...

What to do with my young "climber" Oleg Bykov. No training since March, 20. He still keeps his 80 mountain, his other skills aren't very impressive and he wants too much money!!
So what to do? Sell him and make my overpriced team cheaper. Or hold him to give him another chance in the next training? Don't know, trend goes to sell, but... Maybe somebody can give me a good advice? ;)

Cerro Torre RT

Re: Helpdesk for overstrained managers

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I only can tell about my experiances with Skjeldal. He made it never to more than 82 in mountain value. I switched to flat raining as he was 24. if you do this now, he can easely reach 68-70 flat and can get a usable rider.

But there are to big differences. The first is the downhill skill, which makes him unusable as a real helper in mountain and medium stages. The other problem is his price, that is way above Skjeldal's. And as i had a cheap team at that point, he fit into quite well, just as another option. Nearly impossible with Bykov, too, ad if you have an expensive team yet, even more. I normally hate to sell riders, but in that case it would probably be what i would do aswell. But wait some weeks more. let him do the 2 last trainings of this months. if he takes both, you may overthink that, even i don't think he will get more usuable with this. if he takes at least won, wait until he's 24 and he gets more expensive. if he doesn't train at all, selling him is the only way i see to get rid of him. I really can't see what he can offer to your team this way.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I usually always say: KEEP HIM.. but in that case.. not sure, he has max 82 at the end of 23.. That combined with a very bad manager... :lol: I'd probably keep him to see if he goes to 82 that month, then keep him longer... 62 reg, even with 85/86 he will be useful in the Andes or so.. reg counts. Problem is getting to 85/86... 20 no training... ok, cut him. Otherwise I'd keep him, but that's me...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Falkenbier

Post by Falkenbier » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:36 pm

I see, I see. Waiting for the 2 next trainings, that's probably what I would do... but I see some nice riders on the market, bah.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Interesting topic. I need some advice as well.

1- What to do with a 33 year old rider who has a lot of points ? Sell him at the end of this month or at the begin of the next ? Will he lose value when he becomes 34 ?

2- What to do with this stupid and lazy youngster ?
http://radsportfreaks.com/radsport/fahr ... ils=240085
My guess is that I should sell him in the begin of next season, once his value increases. And it gives him a chance to do 4/4 trainings now... :roll:
But on the other hand, I wont be able to buy a youngster this month...

Finally, I will probably sell them all next month, seems to be the best. Plus my team will be in romandia...
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 pm

1 - Never, really never sell a rider which had at least some success in your team (which includes even he has been a good helper). To let him rot at the transfermarket is one of the most cruel things a manager can possibly do. Have some pride, keep him till he's 34 and let him retire from your team then.

2 - Don't ask me about that kind of a rider, my only advice could be never buy him or train him like this.

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Falkenbier is a Roubaix winner. He doesn't deserve any advice :P

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:49 am

Cerro Torre RT wrote:2 - Don't ask me about that kind of a rider, my only advice could be never buy him or train him like this.
hehe. now i can tell by myself ;)

to nopikouze: either sell him right now or wait till he's 24. perhaps he suddenly discovers training...
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.