Consulting for clueless managers

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Alkworld

Re: Consulting for clueless managers

Post by Alkworld » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 pm

AlmavivaItalia wrote:This is the actual Situation:
Cash now 2M nearly
There's not much that needs to be changed. The TT guy can ride another time in Feb, then be sold. Fournier as well, just keep him as long as he's useful, which he definitely is now. Just continue buying useful riders, whenever you have the money.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm

little survey....48/80/76/53/80 with 39 reg 69.5 Pave, in february 25....flat? to get maybe 72,73 pave...or continue with sprint...please tell me NOW :-)
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Rockstar Inc wrote:little survey....48/80/76/53/80 with 39 reg 69.5 Pave, in february 25....flat? to get maybe 72,73 pave...or continue with sprint...please tell me NOW :-)
My opinion: More sprint is barely ever needed. Either the guy sprints in a late escape group and is anyway the strongest, or, in a big group, would only win, if all other real sprinters sprint at 50m. Pave however might be useful once or twice in the next months. Above that, flat is always useful.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Rockstar Inc wrote:little survey....48/80/76/53/80 with 39 reg 69.5 Pave, in february 25....flat? to get maybe 72,73 pave...or continue with sprint...please tell me NOW :-)
My opinion: More sprint is barely ever needed. Either the guy sprints in a late escape group and is anyway the strongest, or, in a big group, would only win, if all other real sprinters sprint at 50m. Pave however might be useful once or twice in the next months. Above that, flat is always useful.
Sprint for me also ;)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:14 pm

sprint 80 for what you need more?
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

tusnad

Post by tusnad » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 am

i have one question for you guys. Which tour i have chance to at least podium or even winning (Paris-Nice or Tirreno)?

1. Squad for Paris Nice:
- Danut Catana - Leader
- Iker Ibarra - strong helper
- Vasile Apostol or Dan Anghelache
- Jakob Bruning
- Nicolae Vasilescu
- Sacha Kmetko
- Joaquin Perez
- Fernando Santos
- Moni Flummi
2. Squad for Tirreno:
- Mark Pfennig or Danut Catana - Leader
- Iker Ibarra - Strong Helper
- Vasile Apostol - Strong helper at TTT
- Jakob Bruning
- Nicolae Vasilescu
- Sacha Kmetko
- Joaquin Perez
- Fernando Santos
- Moni Flummi
Last edited by tusnad on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 am

Why is Catana not in the line-up for TA too?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

tusnad

Post by tusnad » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

team fl wrote:Why is Catana not in the line-up for TA too?
I put Pfennig because is a TTT in stage 1 and ITT in stage 7 ... this is how i think ... i dont know maybe i think wrong :D

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

tusnad wrote:
team fl wrote:Why is Catana not in the line-up for TA too?
I put Pfennig because is a TTT in stage 1 and ITT in stage 7 ... this is how i think ... i dont know maybe i think wrong :D
Catana can help Pfennig in the mountains or even be leader for you at TA. For the TTT he is also a good helper with his 58 TT. I would take both for your TA line-up, maybe even take Anghelache with you additionally.

Thus, line-up for TA would be:

- Catana
- Anghelache
- Pfennig
- Ibarra
- Apostol
- Brüning
- Vasilescu
- Flumi
- Kmetko

Line-up for PN would be:

- Catana
- Anghelache
- Ibarra
- Pfenning
- Bründing
- Vasilescu
- Kemtko
- Perez
- Flummi

Don't know which one fits better for your team, PN or TA. Both look good. Just look at the profiles and think about which one would be more fun for you. Than do that one.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:52 am

After i sell rider, when he will appear again on transfer list(this in which you can buy riders)?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 am

IN which division?
And what age does the rider have?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm

on nthe new tranfermarkt he appear directly after the sell but he cost then sooo much
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Robyklebt wrote:IN which division?
And what age does the rider have?
I am in div 1, he is 26y
Hanse wrote:on nthe new tranfermarkt he appear directly after the sell but he cost then sooo much
Anybody can confirm it? However If he appear directly, for what is the "all free riders" tab then?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Then he's right

all free riders: Riders from D6-7, you can't buy them. But you can see them there. If you have 2 riders with 84+mountain skills, you can't buy more than a 83 mountain climber, even if there are some on the D1-5 market. So they want appear on the "riders willing to change" thing, but only in all free riders. And stuff like that.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Got it now, thank you.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Dear freaks, i need your advise again. This time it's "What will you do if you were me" type of question. Short description of my situation: I have team with a lot of leaders(Kornacki, Kwiat, Gorski but also Lew, Szary, so 5/13 of my team are leaders) and only few helpers(mostly flat). Many leaders costs a lot of money each race and because of it I am almost not gaining money at all, this month till now I earned around 70k. My helpers getting older and I have no money to replace them, I would need to sell around 2-3 helpers to buy a one young cheap helper(tax :(). And here is a question, should I sell 1-2 leaders and get helpers or should I dont care about money and still ride with many leaders and empty bank account(It's very easy for me to be on minus with my budget, during stage races I am often on minus)?
My team(oh noes, you know my form now :O):
Prizes of each rider when selling:

One of my plan is: I like to ride with classic riders, i don't like mountain races, so I would like to focus on building team around Gorski. Sell Kwiat, Kornacki, Barszcz and Santos, also maybe Lew. Then buy 1 cheap helper and 1-2 young classics. What do you think about it?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 pm

I think you need to sell Szary too.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Hmm... these problems are very "luxury" as the literal translation from the German "Luxusproblem" would imply.

I would not change anything. March is a month where you don't earn much, usually. Your team is very much built for the upcoming important stage races, so go for them. As long as you don't risk to go under the -100k line. Just make sure that you can race unimportant one day races with a cheap salary.

About the selling stuff: Sell your riders when you don't need them anymore (if they are 34, not before). That's it. Works quite well. Substitute them one to one. So if you sell Barszcz, buy another cheap young flat rider. If you sell Santos, buy another flat rider with reg, etc. If you can't afford a new rider, so be it. Sometimes you have to resize your team a bit, sometimes even decrease the number of riders.

Everything else is long term planning. So if you don't like climbers or mountain races, buy other rider times when you sell Kwiat and Kornacki, e.g. classic riders.

I am sure other users have other opinions and more help to offer. But form my point of view, this is it, mainly.

PS: and don't listen to trolls like Pokemon ;)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm

team fl wrote:About the selling stuff: Sell your riders when you don't need them anymore (if they are 34, not before). That's it. Works quite well. Substitute them one to one. So if you sell Barszcz, buy another cheap young flat rider. If you sell Santos, buy another flat rider with reg, etc. If you can't afford a new rider, so be it. Sometimes you have to resize your team a bit, sometimes even decrease the number of riders.
Well thats always my plan, but the problem is that it's possible I will not have enough money to replace these riders when I will have to :P
Pokemon Club wrote:I think you need to sell Szary too.
Do you like his new jersey?

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm

hihi no but he could be useful for me ^^

More seriously more I look more I think that if there is ne you can sell it is Piotr. Maybe wait to see how he train next month, but Piotr + Radek...I am not fan

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I see your line-up for De Panne... Kornacki? Really? Well, no question now why you don't earn good money :twisted:

Pajak or Brodawka would have been better choices I guess.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 pm

My advice kind of similar to that of FL.
Don't change too much....
Kwiat-Kornacki for the GTs is good. Of course if you don't plan to ride the Giro and the Tour... and not Pais Vasco/Romandie/Dauphiné or TdS either... .ok, then oyu can sell them... but I'd keep them. Then sell helpers buy helpers, sell leaders buy leaders FL says... mmh, no, not really. You do have too many leaders, agree. And your leaders are too expensive too.

Gorski, 52 reg, for that type of rider way too much. He could cost you much less with less reg.
Szari: 51 reg, 65 TT: Again, makes him expensive. Now for him that's ok, because he is good. But does Brodawka really need 63 TT? That will make him expensive too.
Kwiat: 63 reg. Like it. He can help a lot, he can attack a lot, depending on his role, but it costs. A lot.
Kornacki: Ok, that's just an expensive type of leader, Kornacki itself is not expensive for the type
Lew: Ok, cheap leader, good

Generally all your leaders have reg. The hepers not.... In a way it should almost be the opposite. Yes, climbers with reg are fun. But Gorski has 15 too much reg. The classic don't all need 50+, I for example survived well with 2 classics, both 35-40 reg for a long time (now I have 2 with a bit more, which indeed is helpful in stage races, but still think classics generally are ok with 35-45 reg)

There you can save money for the next generation, don't get leaders with too high sideskills.
As for selling, it really depends on your goals. In your place in April I'd sell nobody. Just ride (and leave Kornacki at home for De Panne, yeah) and don't lose too much money... when he gets useless, sell Barszcz and Santos, but they are still useful...
Sell a leader... I would try to keep all til Lew gets 34, then sell him... but if it's not possible... ok, better sell one than go bankrupt. I'd probably sell Kornacki actually.... don't like him and Kwiat actually is a very strong leader himself.. thanks to Szary not isolated either.

Rastaman

Post by Rastaman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Dear managers, I have some problems with making decisions in which tour I will participate and with which guy will be my leader
(Silbiu or Czech) (Myrie or Mutzke)

Silbiu will probably be too hard for Myrie because i have noone who is good enough to lead him over the mountains.
I don't know why I don't show you the salary off my riders but it feels better to don't show it.

Thnx

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Mutzke is a good leader, even for a Grand Tour. 86 mountain, good reg and good TT. Ok downhill is a bit bad... But 90% of the time you'll get help if you're not unlucky.
Myrie has good skills too but indeed a bit weak in mountain to be a big leader.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

IDF

Post by IDF » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Myrie so shitty. He don't participate in Austria ^^

Please, show me your forms :D
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM