Brazil - ordem e progresso

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

el Galactico

Brazil - ordem e progresso

Post by el Galactico » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 am

Image Brazil Image

When i started to push Brazil there were nearly no teams who supported the 5th biggest country in the world. The most famous Brazil supporter was Alkworld and some teams with 1 or maximum 2 brazilians in it. The nation was somewhere around Place 50 in the nations ranking.

Nowadays it looks quite different. At the moment the nation is on Place 11 and therefore the best of the "smaller cycling countries". All 10 countries in front have more than double that much riders with points than Brazil which has actually 102 riders with points. Besides myself (Los Galacticos) there are some other teams who support this nation with brazilian riders in their teams, still Alkworld is the most famous one out of these. But there are now some other teams which have to be mentioned. BMG Allstars with 2 climbers and a young classic sprinter or teams like bigmat and VC Montherme.
Most important rider of the brazilian cycling history is without any doubts Leandro da Souza, my former leader, who leads the ranking for the most stage wins (25) and the most eternal points (9.527 pts). He is over the top of all the other retired brazilians like Adriano Leite Ribeiro, a former Strohhut rider, who won 16 stages and is actually on P2 for the eternal points. The sprints are usually the best range for brazilians, former riders like Monty Xavier or the ex-Alkworld hill sprinter Marcelo Salgado may be still known by some older managers.

The actual brazilians are stars like Bamba Anderson, climber of team BMG-Allstars, or Oscar Schmidt, a young Huber from the team Allrad. A bit older but already a brazilian legend is Guilherme Callado of my own team. Following the routes of Leandro da Souza he is also a hill sprinter and again one of the most successfull ones in RSF history. Actually he has 23 stage wins and several green jerseys as well. Furthermore he already was the first one to break the 10.000 points wall so that he will become no. 1 in the ranking for most eternal points when he retires. He is actually number 5 in the ranking for the most eternal points of RSF riders who are still active.

Eternal points
1. Guilherme Callado* 10.791 pts
2. Leandro daSouza 9.527
3. Adriano LeiteRibeiro 6.562

Stage wins

1. Leandro daSouza 25
2. Guilherme Callado 23
3. Adriano LeiteRibeiro 16

Some additional statistics will follow later...
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month