Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Schnuggeritos

Re: Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Post by Schnuggeritos » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:25 pm

In general, it helps us if you enter some info in advance but it's not necessary to do it in all cases. I think your second guy was just unlucky.

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:52 am
Alkworld wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:48 am
Yes, in such cases you can use the additional information, not only for NC purposes, but also other info you want to share. Wiki link is perfect, but you can also put any description you like.
Ok, my question was unclear...

What I meant was: Would the NC like the information for every rider? Because now I got the message in 2 out of 2 cases, and while I could understand the request for the first rider somehow, I personally thought the second one would get waved through easily without further questioning. But still got the clarification request. Which is ok.

So the question is: Does the NC want the clarification for every rider? (Well, assume a Fritz Müller would not need any, so every not supertypical well known name?) Then I could just put it in in advance each time, easier than getting the request...
No, we just ask for riders, where we are unclear. In your second case, it was me who requested the clarification. Obviously I was too quick in pressing the button and not good enough in using wiki, which I normally do. Sorry for that.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:58 pm

No problem, no problem, just asking
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

jardelbv

Philly Flingo and Simen Johan nation revoked

Post by jardelbv » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:09 am

hello
u revoke the nation of Philly Flongo. this is a nigerian name, but sound ok in french too, i choose it because there in no nigeria nation i can pick

The last name Flingo occurs predominantly in Africa, where 100 percent of Flingo are found; 100 percent are found in West Africa and 100 percent are found in Atlantic-Niger Africa.
It is most frequently held in Nigeria, where it is carried by 3 people, or 1 in 59,047,586. In Nigeria Flingo is most prevalent in: Ogun, where 100 percent reside. Beside Nigeria Flingo exists in one country. It also occurs in The Ivory Coast, where 25 percent reside

The surname Johan (Arabic: جوهين, Bengali: জোহন, Hindi: जोहन, Marathi: जोहन, Oriya: େଯାହାନ) is found most in Indonesia. It may also be rendered as a variant: Johań or Johán.
This last name is the 18,037th most widely held surname in the world, held by approximately 1 in 238,101 people. The surname occurs predominantly in Asia, where 90 percent of Johan live; 69 percent live in Southeast Asia and 69 percent live in Malayo-Arabic Southeast Asia. Johan is also the 1,696th most widely held first name worldwide.
This last name is most widespread in Indonesia, where it is borne by 17,683 people, or 1 in 7,479. In Indonesia it is most prevalent in: West Java, where 19 percent reside, Jakarta, where 10 percent reside and East Java, where 8 percent reside. Besides Indonesia Johan exists in 101 countries. It also occurs in Malaysia, where 10 percent reside and Bangladesh, where 6 percent reside.

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Re: Philly Flingo and Simen Johan nation revoked

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:14 pm

jardelbv wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:09 am
hello
u revoke the nation of Philly Flongo. this is a nigerian name, but sound ok in french too, i choose it because there in no nigeria nation i can pick

The last name Flingo occurs predominantly in Africa, where 100 percent of Flingo are found; 100 percent are found in West Africa and 100 percent are found in Atlantic-Niger Africa.
It is most frequently held in Nigeria, where it is carried by 3 people, or 1 in 59,047,586. In Nigeria Flingo is most prevalent in: Ogun, where 100 percent reside. Beside Nigeria Flingo exists in one country. It also occurs in The Ivory Coast, where 25 percent reside

The surname Johan (Arabic: جوهين, Bengali: জোহন, Hindi: जोहन, Marathi: जोहन, Oriya: େଯାହାନ) is found most in Indonesia. It may also be rendered as a variant: Johań or Johán.
This last name is the 18,037th most widely held surname in the world, held by approximately 1 in 238,101 people. The surname occurs predominantly in Asia, where 90 percent of Johan live; 69 percent live in Southeast Asia and 69 percent live in Malayo-Arabic Southeast Asia. Johan is also the 1,696th most widely held first name worldwide.
This last name is most widespread in Indonesia, where it is borne by 17,683 people, or 1 in 7,479. In Indonesia it is most prevalent in: West Java, where 19 percent reside, Jakarta, where 10 percent reside and East Java, where 8 percent reside. Besides Indonesia Johan exists in 101 countries. It also occurs in Malaysia, where 10 percent reside and Bangladesh, where 6 percent reside.
Thanks for all the information. The reasons we revoked them are:
- Philly Flingo was made Costa Rican, which has also nothing to do with your explanation. Also, Philly is a nickname and not a real first name in our eyes.
- Simen Johan was made Norwegian. In this case, Johan should be the first name and Simen the last name.

When we asked for clarification, the only information we received was: i bought this rider with like this i didnt choose the country

Thats why we revoked the nationalities.

jardelbv

Post by jardelbv » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:55 pm

if u see the history of riders, the players the were bought like that.. so you didn't care for my explanation. after i gave u an argumentative explination of the ethimology of surnames (flingo and johan) u gave my an evasive answer.. thanks. i'll sell them to give someone else the oportunity to fight your answers and revocations... for my bad i dont remember if i chaged the natioanlity of johan...

jardelbv

Post by jardelbv » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:41 pm

i demand to let me choose the country for flingo and johan, because, like i said early, they already have a country when i bought them

Bright

Post by Bright » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Hi Guys,

My Rider Hancao Guichao has a valid name for the chinese nationality. Though the exact name isnt found on internet. there are lots of combinations of this name:

Han Gui
Han Chao
Cao Gui
Cao Chao
Han Cao
Cao Han
Cao Cao
Gui Chao

etc etc

So its simply a combination of those and hence a valid name imo.

Also Names like Han-Cao Gui are sometimes used.

Hope thats extensive enough.

Edit: You can think of it like first names Janpeter or Freekwillem in dutch or last names like Bergenhenegouwen

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:30 pm

I'm for letting users change a rider's name at least once, in case the NC decides the name is wrong. But not sure how easy is that for @Alkword?

But until then when the name is wrong or a rider is bought while having a weird/not fitting name then the NC can only retrieve the nationality, and allow a nationality change when possible.

Bright wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:43 pm
Hi Guys,

My Rider Hancao Guichao has a valid name for the chinese nationality. Though the exact name isnt found on internet. there are lots of combinations of this name:

Han Gui
Han Chao
Cao Gui
Cao Chao
Han Cao
Cao Han
Cao Cao
Gui Chao

etc etc

So its simply a combination of those and hence a valid name imo.

Also Names like Han-Cao Gui are sometimes used.

Hope thats extensive enough.

Edit: You can think of it like first names Janpeter or Freekwillem in dutch or last names like Bergenhenegouwen
When making two names combination you should use a capital letter for the second name @Bright. Han-Cao and Hancao are not the same thing.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:05 pm

Actually they are the same thing!

It's:
Xi Jinping vs Xi JinPing. Or Mao Zedong vs Mao ZeDong.

Clearly the first one is more used.

Chinese goes by chinese characters, but when romanized, they usually (but sometimes yes) don't capitalize each new character.

Most Chinese surnames (Xi and Mao in the examples above, but at c4f they should be called (actually they shouldn't be made, idiots, both of them) Jinping Xi and Zedong Mao if we follow the rules tightly) have one character, then depending a bit on the era, age of the guy, 2 for the first name (second name in China) Not that I'm up to date, but think while there was a phase when 1 characther first names were popular, now it's 2 characters again? But both ok. Most of the examples by Bright are probably 1 character per name guys (Cao Cao for sure, famous general)

So the untypical thing about Hancao Guichao is that the family name (Guichao) consists of 2 characters. Untypical but not impossible. Hancao seems perfectly fine (ok, I don't know if they ever do this combination, the chinese characters then have a meaning, and of course they try to give nice names, not "long bottom", more like "bright future", but we don't need to check EVERYTHING since we mostly have no clue about Chinese anyway, and most likely there is a combination that makes Han and Cao compatible) better than HanCao GuiChao by far IMO.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Chense

Post by Chense » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:37 pm

I was asked about the nationality of my new rider "Salawat Julajew" which i made estonian.

First of all as many of you guessed my riders are all named after real persons in this case the generation is named after people that are "national heroes"

I just can find the german wiki article about him which is linked here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salawat_Julajew

So some short explanation in english:

Salawat Julajew was born in Bashkortostan which lies in the southwest of russia with Ufa beeing the largest city.
He was a fellow of the Don-Kosak Pugatschow which led the "farmer riots" in the 18th century.
Today he is e.g. shown on the Bashkortostan national flag.

Only 21 years old he was condemned to livelong prison in Rogervik (now Padilski) estonia together with his father and some other fellows. As he died also there with 46 years and he would never want to be called a russian i decided to made him estonian.
They even consecrated him a golden monument in Padilski btw as he is also known as a famous bard in all former UDSSR countries.

Furthermore after Estonian statistics bureau slightly over 100 people from Bashkortostan, most of them successors of fellows of Julajew that were set free after some years of prison, live in estonia.

So i really hope that was enough for clarification.

Team stevens

Post by Team stevens » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:21 pm

Guys, I've just seen that the schneguritos names have been validated.
I've got nothing against him, and you're still going to say "French people are boring". The guy enters names with random letters on his keyboard, and it's validated.
Just because he's on the committee or a judge doesn't give him the right to break the rules. It's been 2 months, I check, because I knew it was going to happen.
As for me, my names weren't validated. I was furious at the time, but it's okay now. But I think it's unfair, so I'm not here to make you blow up his names, he can keep them. Just to show something I consider unfair. I'm sure you don't care, but I felt the need to point it out.

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:49 pm

Hi stevens,
Team stevens wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:21 pm
I've got nothing against him, and you're still going to say "French people are boring".
2 things on that.
1st: "I've got nothing against..." always looks different if there is such a text following. Maybe it's just a german thing but when people say "I've got nothing against xxx" they are totally against them. It's just a try to hide it - but doesn't work.
2nd: sad that you think like that about me. Never said anything like that. So i don't see why you think i gonna say that.
Team stevens wrote:
The guy enters names with random letters on his keyboard, and it's validated.
I'm a bit confused as I'm not sure what these accusations are exactly about? If its regarding my rider Pakal Ixpiyacoc, we talk about one case there was a discussion about and you had 5 days to discuss with all other teams in the thread until the other NC members made a decision including a short statement.
Schnuggeritos wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:57 pm
This case can be discussed right now.
Since the statement by NC another 4 days have passed and today you come to us with this accusatory post. There are no random names and random letters used. If so, please give me (or the NC) examples of those random things for my team. The point with his last name was part of NCs statement.
Team stevens wrote:
Just because he's on the committee or a judge doesn't give him the right to break the rules. It's been 2 months, I check, because I knew it was going to happen.
You are right, all rights are the same for any player of this game. There is no difference in handling the teams because we check the names and not the teams for the cases.
All I can do is offer you and everyone else who'd like to do it, to apply for the last spot in the NC so you can see how the work os done, help us and improve the process.

Just a random additional note: having 3 errors in Schnuggeritos is new to me. ;)
Team stevens wrote:
schneguritos
Cheers,
Schnuggeritos

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Habe heute auch eine Nachricht bekommen ... habe es nicht verstanden, wo ich da was eingeben soll. Deshalb hier:

Nachname ganz normaler englischer Nachname: Habe extra vorher gegoogelt!
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baxter_(F ... 0verwendet.

Vorname: Ein Doppelname mit einem typischen englischen Vornamen und einem 2. Namen der weltweit verwendet wird.

Also GB ... der Deutsche hat nur einen Künstlernamen, wird anders geschrieben und doppelt xx gibt es nicht

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:31 pm

Austria is not taking any Trottel as citizens, can you please overthink the decision for an Austrian passport for

Erwal Ciab
Erik Kiaboc

thx
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

claw

Post by claw » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:15 am

Aggressive Leader!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:26 am

flockmastoR wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:31 pm
Austria is not taking any Trottel as citizens, can you please overthink the decision for an Austrian passport for

Erwal Ciab
Erik Kiaboc

thx
That was a serious question. Can you at least give me an answer. Thx
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Teddy Baer being one of the current best riders of GB doesn't seem right either
J-Czucz hype train

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:17 pm

flockmastoR wrote:

Erwal Ciab
Erik Kiaboc

thx
Some older cases aren't accessible anymore apparently so impossible to redo them for now.
Quick wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:01 pm
Both Teddy and Baer could be British first and last names, so the rider is fine.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:04 pm

cataracs wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:17 pm
flockmastoR wrote:

Erwal Ciab
Erik Kiaboc

thx
Some older cases aren't accessible anymore apparently so impossible to redo them for now.
Quick wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:01 pm
Both Teddy and Baer could be British first and last names, so the rider is fine.
Thanks for the answer. That's what I expected.

So I ask people who are not able to judge those names to not get involved into cases concerning Austrian riders next time. If a rider already gets rejected by another nation, I think the check for a newly assigned nation has to be thoroughly. Lively discussions about names derived from gods are funny to read but probably the focus should be set differently.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

olaf

benji webbe

Post by olaf » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:12 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1169601046

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the current revision of this page, as edited by Jevansen (talk | contribs) at 03:11, 10 August 2023 (Moving from Category:People from Newport, Wales to Category:Musicians from Newport, Wales using Cat-a-lot). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this version.

(diff) ← Previous revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Benji Webbe
Webbe performing with Skindred in 2017
Webbe performing with Skindred in 2017
Background information
Birth name Clive John Webbe
Also known as
CJ WebbeBenji WebbeThe DirtyDred
Born 11 March 1967 (age 56)
Newport, Wales
Genres
Nu metalraggaalternative metalpunk rockreggaehardcore punkblues
Years active 1993–present
Labels
Bieler Bros.AtlanticLavaBMGRCANapalm
Website skindred.net
Clive John "Benji" Webbe (born 11 March 1967) is a Welsh singer, best known as the lead vocalist and synthesizer player for the reggae metal band Skindred. Aside from his main project, he is also active in Diamond Spider, Dub War, Mass Mental and his own solo project.[1] He has featured on albums by Bullet for My Valentine, Soulfly, The Alarm, and Punk Rock Factory.

Webbe is a native of Newport, South Wales, and a veteran of the rock explosion of the mid-1990s which led to Spin magazine dubbing Newport as 'The New Seattle'.[2]

GreenMotion

Post by GreenMotion » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:05 am

Andre Faust
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... lnr=1&ip=1
aber wichtig ist es mir nicht.

lg
Jäger-LeCultre

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:08 pm

Austria - > Trottel, clear cases:
Hilmar Skarphéðinsson (not real, not realistic)
Philou Juifeur (not real, not realistic)
Gustel Schmitt (Gustel is a nickname of August not a real first name and also not used as a first name)
Klaus Helper (Helper not real, not realistic)
Marius Kardciab (Kardciab not real, not realistic)
Felix Karduk (clone of Felix Kaduk, GER not AUT)
Walter Kiobsky (Kiobsky not real, not realistic)
Lucien Freduil (not real, not realistic)
Erik Kiaboc (Kiaboc not real, not realistic)
Erwal Ciab (not real, not realistic)
Andrea Kiabcosky (not real, not realistic)
Crag Hack (in this combination not realistic for me + fantasy name from a game)

Austria - > Trottel, borderline cases were I would still say no Austrian rider:
Ulrich Lastwagen (Lastwagen is a truck, not used as a name and unrealistic)
Reinhold Notschrei (Notschrei not real, for me also unrealistic like Lastwagen)
Volker Vollgas (artist name)
Alfons Baumleger (Borderline, couldn't find Baumleger but sounds realistic)
Aloyis Kriegesmann (Borderline, spelling of the first name is uncommon but would say ok here)

So 10% of the Austrian rider names currently should be trotteled (just the clear cases 12/123) based on the NC rules. I know that some of these are old and didn't pass the NC automatically, but many, too many of them did.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:19 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:08 pm
Gustel Schmitt (Gustel is a nickname of August not a real first name and also not used as a first name)
In such cases I wonder if we should be "päpstlicher als der Papst". Gustel might not be the legal name of the person, but some nicknames are so commonly used with certain people that it would be weird not to use them, e.g. Ulrich "Uli" Hoeneß or Adolf Gustav Rupprecht Maximilian „Gustl“ Bayrhammer, to also name a famous "Gustl". The other thing are the artist names, e.g. Martin Sheen should imo be fine, even if his real name is Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:06 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:19 pm
flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:08 pm
In such cases I wonder if we should be "päpstlicher als der Papst". Gustel might not be the legal name of the person, but some nicknames are so commonly used with certain people that it would be weird not to use them, e.g. Ulrich "Uli" Hoeneß or Adolf Gustav Rupprecht Maximilian „Gustl“ Bayrhammer, to also name a famous "Gustl". The other thing are the artist names, e.g. Martin Sheen should imo be fine, even if his real name is Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez.
I am already happy when the obvious stuff is handled with care which is currently not the case concerning Austria.

Agree with "not päbstlicher als der Papst", Uli is also used as a real name in Austria, pretty sure as well in Germanny, so there is a difference between Uli and Gustel. We then continue to name them Schurli (nickname for Georg). So stuff like Uli, Sasha, etc ok, while stuff like Gustel, Schurli not ok.

Artist name is a nice example too. If it is not a real name, has at least to be realistic. Vollgas not a realistic name in Austria, Martin Sheen is realistic in the US.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points