Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Schnuggeritos

Re: Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Post by Schnuggeritos » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:47 pm

I'd like to be part of the new nations committee, too.
What speaks for me?
- I check all my names and nations in detail. E.g. for history of immigration, historical events,...
- I'm quite active besides the raves, I would say.
- I've only messed up one name so far, but that can be explained by an very old (historic, no longer existing) italian dialect ;)

Btw: i already looking forward the first discussion about the onion in third generation :lol:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:37 pm

It's Cipolla!!!!! Cippola might exist as a name, but my whole team is upset when you call him onion!!!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:42 pm

I'd like to join the committee aswell!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:22 am

cataracs wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:42 pm
I'd like to join the committee aswell!
done

QuickSprint

Post by QuickSprint » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:52 pm

Hi, my team RACPTEAM (My nick in here is from a previous team I had) my rider Dennis Seimen has been rejected, rightfully so because I missclicked the flag I wanted it to be German, can you fix it ? Thank you

ManneS

Post by ManneS » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am

"Nations Committee revoked nationality

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider German Loser lost his nationality (DE) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee"

Hey, sorry, no problem, but ... try to read in german:
German - ein Vorname
Loser - hat nichts mit Verlierer zu tun (wird nicht"luhser" ausgesprochen, sondern "wie Lohser".

Der Namensgeber existiert in der Realität und ist mein Livetime best friend ever.... Ihr seid nicht die einziger, die irritiert sind. In England fanden sie es erst witzig als sie es im Ausweis gelesen haben... dann aber schon ....

Gruß

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:13 pm

Today I would like to introduce the new Nations Committee. The following teams are its members:

Schnuggeritos
Lenny SnakeCycling
r TAKA
Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team
Gipfelstuermer (as long as it is still in the building phase)

We appeal to you to follow the rules for assigning names and nations. If there are any ambiguities, the NC will ask the people concerned and block the nation if necessary. If you have clicked the wrong name, please contact us and we will unblock the reset of the nation.

Please save us and yourselves work by paying attention to the following things:
- Names start with a capital letter
- realistic names are mandatory. If you play with words (like Lou Zarr), then it's ok.
- if you are unsure whether your chosen name exists in the nation, then google it.
- Do not create clones! The rules here are pretty clear.

If you are unsure, ask an NC member. We will also check the existing names and nations and take action there if there are any inconsistencies with the guidelines.

Guidelines for Naming Riders

The game strives for realistic gameplay and therefore, we ask all teams to give somewhat realistic names to their riders. The full guidelines are below:

§ 1 Principles of Naming Riders
(1) All first names and last names should exist in reality or at least sound realistic.
(2) A rider’s name has to fit the selected nationality.

§ 2 Prohibited Names
(1) Nicknames, artist names (e.g. „Avicii“) or fantasy names (e.g. „Darth Vader“) are not allowed. Riders with such names will be made stateless.
(2) It’s not allowed to alter names of real existing celebrities (sports, politics, music, films, etc.) either by adding, deleting or changing letters (e.g. "Wout VanArt" or "Matthieu VanDerPoel").
(3) If it’s not possible to give a certain name, another first or last name is allowed (e.g. "Thomas VanDerPoel" is allowed, even if a bit random).

§ 3 Order of Names
(1) First name and last name (family name) have to be given in the right order. If this is not the case, a rider will be made stateless (e.g. Müller Thomas instead of Thomas Müller).

§ 4 Change of Nationality
(1) A user has maximum three times the possibility to change the rider’s nationality. If each time the user choses a non-fitting nationality, the NC will chose a fitting nationality.

§ 5 Rights and Duties of the Nations Committee (NC)
(1) The NC’s Guidelines have to be executed consistently by the NC members.
(2) The NC members have to participate in the NC’s work on a constant basis.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:27 pm

ManneS wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider German Loser lost his nationality (DE) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee"

Hey, sorry, no problem, but ... try to read in german:
German - ein Vorname
Loser - hat nichts mit Verlierer zu tun (wird nicht"luhser" ausgesprochen, sondern "wie Lohser".

Der Namensgeber existiert in der Realität und ist mein Livetime best friend ever.... Ihr seid nicht die einziger, die irritiert sind. In England fanden sie es erst witzig als sie es im Ausweis gelesen haben... dann aber schon ....

Gruß
We shouldn't trottel real people, German Loser really exists :)
https://www.fnweb.de/orte/adelsheim_art ... 48744.html

ManneS

Post by ManneS » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:55 pm

Next:

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider Lou Zarr lost his nationality (US) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee

Nations Committee revoked nationality

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider Rudolphe Radau lost his nationality (DE) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee"

I bought these riders. And now?

Was soll/muss ich denn jetzt machen?

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:44 pm

ManneS wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:55 pm
Next:

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider Lou Zarr lost his nationality (US) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee

Dear FB Radsport Team, your rider Rudolphe Radau lost his nationality (DE) because the nations committee thinks the name is not a realistic name. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee"

Entweder hier Argumente bringen, warum diese Fahrer ihre Nationalität behalten sollten bzw. ihr Name realistisch ist, oder akzeptieren, dass sie "getrottelt" wurden, wie es in einschlägigen Kreisen heisst ;).

Als Beispiel:

- Rudolphe ist ein existierender Vorname, gibt (bzw. gab) einen Künstler mit dem Vornamen: https://www.van-ham.com/de/kuenstler/ru ... ernst.html. Radau ist ein existierender deutscher Nachname. Also schonmal durchaus realistisch, dass das ein deutscher Name ist.

- Lou ist ein realistischer Vorname (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_(Name)), Zarr ein existierender Nachname (siehe Sara Zarr, Romanautorin, zu finden hier: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_a_Girl_(Film)). Selbes Prinzip. Gerade in den Vereinigen Staaten, wo die Namensgebung sehr frei ist, sollte das ein realistischer Name sein.

It seems the new NC is a bit overexcited and hyperactive :)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:21 pm

team fl wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:44 pm
ManneS wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:55 pm
Next:

Als Beispiel:

- Rudolphe ist ein existierender Vorname, gibt (bzw. gab) einen Künstler mit dem Vornamen: https://www.van-ham.com/de/kuenstler/ru ... ernst.html. Radau ist ein existierender deutscher Nachname. Also schonmal durchaus realistisch, dass das ein deutscher Name ist.

steht in deinem Link, tatsächlicher Name ist Rudolf Ernst, Rudolphe ist nur Künstlername
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:42 pm

https://vornamen.blog/Rudolphe

Findet ihr es wirklich unrealistisch, dass Rudolphe als Vorname verwendet wird? Wir reden hier nicht von real existent, sondern realsitisch... ein Vorname. In Deutschland ist Rudolphe mit Sicherheit als Vorname möglich.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

ManneS

Post by ManneS » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Also, ich kann damit leben, auch wenn es irgendwie komisch ist und zumindest "German Loser" nun ein wirklich korrekter deutscher Name ist ... Aber, dann ist er halt ein Weltbürger... ;-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:05 pm

Geduld, die sind erst gerade in den Job eingestiegen, oder evtl. wiedereingestiegen, dauert wohl einfach bis sie sich organisiert haben.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:21 pm

Dear Rhodan Underdogs, your rider Filipoo Ridolfo lost his nationality (IT) because he's a clone of an already existing rider. In case you disagree with this decision, please contact the nations committee in the forum. Best regards, Nations Committee
wie ist das gemeint, es gibt den Fahrer bereits in RSF? bei welchem team?

EDIT: Hab mich bei der Namensgebung offenbar vertippt,Filippo ist der richtige Name. Könnt ihr das anpassen?

Grüße, Rhodan
WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS! Rhodan Underdogs

CrazyV

Post by CrazyV » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:56 pm

Hey Peoples of the Nation comitee

Can you say me, which nation is the correctest for Mohamad Kawari?

Kawari is a second name, who is to find in nepal?
-> https://forebears.io/surnames/kawari

and when i take this website, mohamad is possible to for Nepal
-> https://www.nepalinames.com/names/mohammad

i dont need to take nepal, but then say me please which nation, who is in RSF, is better

PS: and one question...what means white circles and yellow circles behind the names?

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:48 pm

CrazyV wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:56 pm
PS: and one question...what means white circles and yellow circles behind the names?
That's the nations committee status:
grey: never evaluated by NC (will disappear at some point)
yellow: ongoing
green: OK
red: not OK, with reason mentioned

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:55 pm

is it allowed to take 2 first names

KlausPeter or Klaus_Peter?

thks for info

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:28 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:55 pm
is it allowed to take 2 first names

KlausPeter or Klaus_Peter?

thks for info
I think the common way is just to skip the whitespaces, i.e. KlausPeter

Team stevens

Post by Team stevens » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:42 am

Hello everyone,

I've just had 3 names revoked, potentially 4 as narancia ghirga is still under discussion and I think it's difficult to revoke the Italian champion.

I've been using the names of the "jojo bizarre adventure" manga for 1 year now, and I particularly enjoyed part 5. It's about mafia, betrayal, etc

I admit I was wrong, I unintentionally set myself on fire, in fact I did the good guys and now I was on to the bad guys 😂
Except for paco, I don't see how paco lovelantes isn't good.

But I didn't come here to get them back, just to start the fight against this committee, which I consider useless. Sure, it's a game, it's a simulation, we want realistic stuff, etc., but damn it, it's a game, and in no way were the names insulting.
I can understand that the committee is blasting the names of mentally ill people who have gangrened the world.

Here you're blowing up the names of a guy who names anime characters.

I'm obliged to start a fight and to get rid of all the nationalities of my next riders.

Why? you might ask.

Because I think it sucks that you want to ruin people's fun, if someone wants a Chinese Mamadou, let him do it, there's no power of divine intervention to direct names in the direction that suits them. It's 2023, and with globalization, we've got names almost everywhere.

You give your name and nationality, you're fine with yourself, and then you have an intervention that ruins your fun.

You did it to me there but I won't give you the opportunity to do it again, because I'm going to live in the fantasy world and I'm representing the country with the United Nations flag

Why give us the chance to nominate riders if you've got people coming up behind you to screw things up? Next time I buy, put something that suits you and it'll go faster.

claw

Post by claw » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:51 am

Dudes, i dont get it (greez@FL) - use a name which is not a possible real name and get trotteled..
Easy as that..

Edit: yeah, there is a lot of names to clean..but it seems it will happen

The angry Lord even vuluntaries once more for an additional spot in the NC, have been included there decades ago!
Aggressive Leader!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:08 pm

Question:

Got the message about clarification for a name again. Should we always automatically put in links now? Because while I could see that "Magnifico" could lead to questions, the name this time to me looked uncontroversial.

Put the links in the ingame field, but ok, since I'm here put them here as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haregot_Abbai
The Dejazmatch preceding the name in the article seems to be a kind of rank, nobility? Not part of the name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldeab_Woldemariam

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:48 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:08 pm
Question:

Got the message about clarification for a name again. Should we always automatically put in links now? Because while I could see that "Magnifico" could lead to questions, the name this time to me looked uncontroversial.

Put the links in the ingame field, but ok, since I'm here put them here as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haregot_Abbai
The Dejazmatch preceding the name in the article seems to be a kind of rank, nobility? Not part of the name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldeab_Woldemariam
Yes, in such cases you can use the additional information, not only for NC purposes, but also other info you want to share. Wiki link is perfect, but you can also put any description you like.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:48 am

claw wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:51 am
The angry Lord even vuluntaries once more for an additional spot in the NC, have been included there decades ago!
OK, I can add you.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:52 am

Alkworld wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:48 am
Yes, in such cases you can use the additional information, not only for NC purposes, but also other info you want to share. Wiki link is perfect, but you can also put any description you like.
Ok, my question was unclear...

What I meant was: Would the NC like the information for every rider? Because now I got the message in 2 out of 2 cases, and while I could understand the request for the first rider somehow, I personally thought the second one would get waved through easily without further questioning. But still got the clarification request. Which is ok.

So the question is: Does the NC want the clarification for every rider? (Well, assume a Fritz Müller would not need any, so every not supertypical well known name?) Then I could just put it in in advance each time, easier than getting the request...