Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Weirdos

Re: Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Post by Weirdos » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:00 am

Dear name-gestapo,

your notification system is not very informative. What do you mean "#keinname" and how did you come to that conclusion? Just fucking over player's nationalities without giving proper Information or even a polite word. Nice.

Kind regards
W

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 pm

If i understand it right all these names are firstnames, e.g. Diego und Greivin. So your rider has two firstnames and no lastname.

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Weirdos wrote:Dear name-gestapo,

your notification system is not very informative. What do you mean "#keinname" and how did you come to that conclusion? Just fucking over player's nationalities without giving proper Information or even a polite word. Nice.

Kind regards
W
We can't give an explicit explanation for every name/ case. But after a short look at your team it should be clear in all of your cases, even without an explanation.

katiki

Post by katiki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:59 pm

name or lastname what is the difference its like jean in french it can be a name or lastname all my riders from moldavie and iran are firstnames so?

what is the problem? the names are real so i don't see any problem
Champion de Belgique 2016
Strade Bianche 2017
Profronde van Drenthe 2017
Handzame Classic 2017
E3 Harelbeke 2017
Vlaanderen Mooiste 2017
Scheldeprijs 2017

Laurens88

Post by Laurens88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:00 pm

In those cases you have probably been lucky that none of the Nations Committee-members is specialized in Moldovan or Iranian names. ;)

We don't want the game to be filled with names like "John Bob" etc and therefore it's written in the guidelines that a rider must have a real last name. To you the name Greivin may sound realistic as a last name, but to a Latin American person this name will sound just as unrealistic as Bob sounds as a last name to an American person.

I did some research and it seems that my colleague in the NC was right that Greivin is only a first name. If you have a reliable source that proves it can be a last name too, I'd be happy to give him his nationality back.

katiki

Post by katiki » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:22 pm

if you think a little bit logic you know and me that bob is a firstname but greivin is a lastname i'm sure if its not can i change it just his name?
Champion de Belgique 2016
Strade Bianche 2017
Profronde van Drenthe 2017
Handzame Classic 2017
E3 Harelbeke 2017
Vlaanderen Mooiste 2017
Scheldeprijs 2017

Weirdos

Post by Weirdos » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Wookie wrote:
Weirdos wrote:Dear name-gestapo,

Kind regards
W
We can't give an explicit explanation for every name/ case. But after a short look at your team it should be clear in all of your cases, even without an explanation.
Oh, it should? Well, in some cases I can imagine why you found a reason to dislike it. In other cases it just looks like you didn't even check the name. But then again, I don't know what you thought, all I know is #keinName. Considering other names I have seen, the hole thing just looks very arbitrary. Annoying.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Annoying indeed, people who are unable to give names that are somehow realistic to their riders.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Weirdos

Post by Weirdos » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:19 am

Robyklebt wrote:Annoying indeed, people who are unable to give names that are somehow realistic to their riders.
Yeah I was wondering about that. So if you rode with an austrian rider named "Niko Laus", you would actually feel annoyed?

kunske

Post by kunske » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm

my rider Schmucheler has no nationality. Can someone give a swis or german pasport. Or is that possible with his name?

Trekken Racing

kunske

Post by kunske » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:08 pm

kunske wrote:my rider Schmucheler has no nationality. Can someone give a swis or german pasport. Or is that possible with his name?

Trekken Racing
??? no reply

Team Kazi Blocks

Post by Team Kazi Blocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:35 pm

kunske wrote:
kunske wrote:my rider Schmucheler has no nationality. Can someone give a swis or german pasport. Or is that possible with his name?

Trekken Racing
??? no reply
You'll have to prove his name is a real name from Switzerland or Germany.
"Only two things are infinite, universe and human stupidity."
~ Albert Einstein ~

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:35 pm

kunske wrote:

Trekken Racing
??? no reply
Why should he get the Swiss or German passport?

And no, so far no reply, until now, obviously :P
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

kunske

Post by kunske » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am

Team Kazi Blocks wrote:
kunske wrote:

Trekken Racing
??? no reply
You'll have to prove his name is a real name from Switzerland or Germany.
ok can it be Leo Schmutzler and make him from Austria?

Joy

Post by Joy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 am

hello
i can help with the romanian names

best regards

Girl Power

Post by Girl Power » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Hallo Jungs

Es geht um Willhelmine Winter wurde als staatenlos gesetzt , wie ich sehe ist ein L zuviel . Möchte das ändern bitte auf ein l . Danke .
Last edited by Girl Power on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

luques

Post by luques » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 am

Hi guys, I write you for Brigata Pantani that had some problems in connecting to the forum. He told me that the riders are without nationality are actually the names of his friends.

For sure I found by Googling Salamandra ( http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognom ... SALAMANDRA )
Tramezzino (search for Michele Tramezzino, venetian printer)
Vincere on Facebook (Marco Vincere)
Grimaldello as well on facebook (quite popular surname actually)

The only one that I couldn't find was Vineoli, sounds realistic but kind of old.

Quoting from him ma vineoli e salamandra sonon due amici miei

Vineoli and Salamandra are two my friends.

Considering he was right on the other 4, would tend to believe him, but it's up to you clearly ;)

Good luck )

Weirdos

Post by Weirdos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Oh oh, I'm not sure those sources can be accepted by the commitee...

Of course it would be awesome to know, what sources actually find acceptance. A list of those acceptable sources (considering the (rare) answers in this thread it should be a pretty short list) would be a great help. And if the burden of proof is forced on the managers - as it is now - this should be a help for everyone involved.

# constructive criticism
# transparency

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Weirdos wrote:Oh oh, I'm not sure those sources can be accepted by the commitee...

Of course it would be awesome to know, what sources actually find acceptance. A list of those acceptable sources (considering the (rare) answers in this thread it should be a pretty short list) would be a great help. And if the burden of proof is forced on the managers - as it is now - this should be a help for everyone involved.

# constructive criticism
# transparency
It's good that it does not work how you think it does. And good this is not a court, a public administration or sth. like that. And good the NC does not have to know everything and can decide upon other things than strict rules and legal regulations. At least for the NC. Otherwise, we would need professionals who work full time and work out appealable written decision incl. and independent appeal body. Hence, to make it short, there will be no such "source" list as there is none. It's case by case and it depends. If the argument is plausible and believable and - that's the thing - even better backed up with "serious" evidence, it usually works. So, leave it to the NC, everything's going to be fine. Or not. 8-). Anyway, you going to have to live with it or try to bribe the admins for another solution. I guess. Until then, sarcasm may help you personally to cope with it, but it certainly will not convince the NC in any case to alter their decision.

Weirdos

Post by Weirdos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 pm

It's good that it does not work how you think it does.
Thanks for clarifying things.
#And good the NC does not have to know everything and can decide upon other things than strict rules
Yeah, that's pretty awesome
# transparency
At least for the NC. Otherwise, we would need professionals who work full time and work out appealable written decision incl. and independent appeal body.
Yeah, if one takes this Thing as serious as you do you probably would...
Hence, to make it short, there will be no such "source" list as there is none. It's case by case and it depends.

# --- You get my point (maybe...)
If the argument is plausible and believable and - that's the thing - even better backed up with "serious" evidence, it usually works. So, leave it to the NC, everything's going to be fine. Or not. 8-). Anyway, you going to have to live with it or try to bribe the admins for another solution. I guess. Until then, sarcasm may help you personally to cope with it, but it certainly will not convince the NC in any case to alter their decision.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of making any decison. Despite the sarcasm i thought I made a reasonable Suggestion. But since mostly everything seems to be all good, just keep doing what you're doing.
# whatever

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:16 am

Look, there is no point of discussing if you constantly impute something to other people. If you have a suggestions to change the NC or the NC rules, feel free to open a thread and convince the owners of the game. But there is no need for these kind of comments in THIS thread (although they are funny sometimes, of course and as written, help to release some pressure).

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm

luques wrote:Hi guys, I write you for Brigata Pantani that had some problems in connecting to the forum. He told me that the riders are without nationality are actually the names of his friends.

For sure I found by Googling Salamandra ( http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognom ... SALAMANDRA )
Tramezzino (search for Michele Tramezzino, venetian printer)
Vincere on Facebook (Marco Vincere)
Grimaldello as well on facebook (quite popular surname actually)

The only one that I couldn't find was Vineoli, sounds realistic but kind of old.

Quoting from him ma vineoli e salamandra sonon due amici miei

Vineoli and Salamandra are two my friends.

Considering he was right on the other 4, would tend to believe him, but it's up to you clearly ;)

Good luck )
Thanks for the info. Should be fine in three days, as usual.

Weirdos

Post by Weirdos » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info. Should be fine in three days, as usual.
Ok, now you're being sarcastic! :D

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

No, he's not.
You on the other hand are trolling.... if I wouldn't get a warning and a fine for it, I'd open a thread in the fairplay section demanding a fine for you. :D
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Sarcasm vs. Irony. And often misunderstood but highly interesting relationship. Or as a wise German answered the question if you need to be smart to understand irony: "I don't think so". But we're being off topic a bit too much by now. I will check out later if Hasta Luego is a legit Spanish name or not. See you.