Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Non-technical discussions about RSF-riders and teams.

Moderator: englishmods

Liberty

Re: Nationenkomitee / Nations Committee

Post by Liberty » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Eagle wrote:Nestor wants his nation back!

And can someone kick Aux out of the fairplay and nation comittee?

kannst ihm bald seine nation wieder geben ;)

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Hoffe er wird nicht zum dritten Mal unnötig von AUx getrottelt.

Habe ihm Nation zugeordnet
| ( o )( o ) | Spongebob

/ ( o )( o ) \ Patrick

( ( o )( o ) ) Thadeus

|( o )| |( o )| Eugene

ReCycling

Post by ReCycling » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Warum wurde mein Fahrer Reyes Moll getrottelt?

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 pm

ReCycling wrote:Warum wurde mein Fahrer Reyes Moll getrottelt?
keine ahnung, kannst ihm bald eine neue nation geben

ReCycling

Post by ReCycling » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Und wo kann ich das tun?

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:27 pm

ReCycling wrote:Und wo kann ich das tun?
Kommt automatisch beim LogIn. Dauert aber Systembedingt drei, vier Tage.

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Haha, habe gerade gesehn, dass der dumme Aux wieder versucht hat meinen Fahrer zu trotteln, diesmal hat er es aber zum Glück nicht geschafft. :D
| ( o )( o ) | Spongebob

/ ( o )( o ) \ Patrick

( ( o )( o ) ) Thadeus

|( o )| |( o )| Eugene

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:17 am

und wo hast du das gesehen, du genie?

statt zu lugen mit scheisse benutz deine (relativ weniger) gehirn....
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:08 am

auxilium torino wrote:und wo hast du das gesehen, du genie?

statt zu lugen mit scheisse benutz deine (relativ weniger) gehirn....

Comment by a member of the FK and NK! :geek:

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Habe hier drei Nachrichten mit Entzug seiner Nation, alle von Aux, kann natürlich auch wieder nen Bug sein, aber es passt halt so super zu ihm :D

Und natürlich das allseits bekannte Zitat: Wer zweimal trottelt dem glaubt man nicht, auch wenn er die Wahrheit spricht !

BTW: Kann jmd mal Aux aus den Komittees entfernen !
| ( o )( o ) | Spongebob

/ ( o )( o ) \ Patrick

( ( o )( o ) ) Thadeus

|( o )| |( o )| Eugene

flinky

Post by flinky » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:31 am

I would like to have a real reason why 3 of my riders were withdrawn their nation by Liberty Seguros.
They are named: Patrick Schafersson
Martin Wistsson
Robert Ganzlesson and all were from Island

I admit these are not very creative names, however, these are names! And the typical ending of icelandic names, namely "sson", is also present. You are right, if you complain that normally this ending "sson" is put after the first name of the father and not after the family name. But weather this alone is a sensible reason for withdrawing the nations of the cyclists is disputable.

Therefor I would highly recommend, if these drivers were given back their nation. Thanks

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Nice to see that things hardly change here. In times of omnipresent insecurity and instability I think this is very comforting.

Reason I write is becuase my rider Jefferson Airplane would like his american nationality back. the nationality he proudly owned long time, until one day Mr. Torino felt the urge to take it away in order to save this game. Thank God he did so! Since all that tiny message told me was "no name", I can only speculate that he didn't like the family name of my rider. Jefferson is obviously a solid american first name, while Airplane is not known to be a existing family name. In my opinion it is a very possible and reasonable sounding family name and I wonder what made Mr. Torino think different. Maybe he is willing to share his thoughts here. Maybe he is also willing to rethink his decision and give the nationality back, which I would appreciate.

Most likely though he will continue his stubborn way of following the rules as strictly as possible (like he has done on numerous occasions before) and putting his need for order above the fun of other uses. He probably even thinks it is necessary to keep the game from falling into complete chaos and anarchy. So be it. Who cares still. Thank you for everything.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:22 pm

I also don't understand many things he does, but you can't seriously argue for Jefferson Airplane as a name if you don't prove that the family name exists.

Besides that, this link might bring to your mind, why the name was rejected: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:28 pm

it's funny...now they have rules...and still all guys are complaining.... :roll:
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm

team fl wrote:I also don't understand many things he does, but you can't seriously argue for Jefferson Airplane as a name if you don't prove that the family name exists.
Sure, according to the rules I can:
Nations Committee Guidelines wrote:§ 1:
(1) All first and surnames (family names) should exist in reality or at least sound realistic.
team fl wrote:Besides that, this link might bring to your mind, why the name was rejected: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane
This is an interesting point. So you want to imply that the reason for my rider's name not being a name is because there is a band that is called the same? And if so, would you also say that John Miller is not a name if there was a band or car or softdrink called John Miller?

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Les Bergzieges wrote:
team fl wrote:I also don't understand many things he does, but you can't seriously argue for Jefferson Airplane as a name if you don't prove that the family name exists.
Sure, according to the rules I can:
Nations Committee Guidelines wrote:§ 1:
(1) All first and surnames (family names) should exist in reality or at least sound realistic.
team fl wrote:Besides that, this link might bring to your mind, why the name was rejected: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Airplane
This is an interesting point. So you want to imply that the reason for my rider's name not being a name is because there is a band that is called the same? And if so, would you also say that John Miller is not a name if there was a band or car or softdrink called John Miller?
Airplane does NOT sound like a realistic family name to me. Neither is the band name Jefferson Airplane related to a real or realistic name. John Miller is, and it is easy to prove that both the first name John and the family name Miller exist in the US.

Thus, a very bad example. And also your interpretation ofnthe rules seem wrong to me.

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:09 pm

team fl wrote:Airplane does NOT sound like a realistic family name to me. Neither is the band name Jefferson Airplane related to a real or realistic name. John Miller is, and it is easy to prove that both the first name John and the family name Miller exist in the US.

Thus, a very bad example. And also your interpretation ofnthe rules seem wrong to me.
Ok, to you airplane does not sound realistic. Interesting. Got any reason or just wanted to tell your gutfeeling to the world?

I never said the band name was related to a real name. I'm sorry you dislike my example, but you missed my point completely there. My question is: why does it make a difference for determining if a name is ok? John Miller is ok as a name, because it's a real name. You don't care if there's a band or something else with the same name. If Jefferson Airplane sounded realistic, it should not make a difference aswell in my opinion. Is the official opinion of the Committee a different one?

and where did I interpret the rules? I just cited them.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 pm

flinky wrote:I would like to have a real reason why 3 of my riders were withdrawn their nation by Liberty Seguros.
They are named: Patrick Schafersson
Martin Wistsson
Robert Ganzlesson and all were from Island

I admit these are not very creative names, however, these are names! And the typical ending of icelandic names, namely "sson", is also present. You are right, if you complain that normally this ending "sson" is put after the first name of the father and not after the family name. But weather this alone is a sensible reason for withdrawing the nations of the cyclists is disputable.

Therefor I would highly recommend, if these drivers were given back their nation. Thanks
but these three names are not names of Iceland. I can write a sson at the end of the name but not easy and they're from Iceland. There are many ways but that's not really. I can not make Frank Ribery to a Frank Riberysson and already he is Icelanders yes. sorry

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:56 pm

All other players on here. Currently we are only 2 active players in the Nations committee. We only unrealistic names off the nation. It's too much work to google after each name, and therefore we can also make mistakes.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Les Bergzieges wrote:
team fl wrote:Airplane does NOT sound like a realistic family name to me. Neither is the band name Jefferson Airplane related to a real or realistic name. John Miller is, and it is easy to prove that both the first name John and the family name Miller exist in the US.

Ok, to you airplane does not sound realistic. Interesting. Got any reason or just wanted to tell your gutfeeling to the world?

I never said the band name was related to a real name. I'm sorry you dislike my example, but you missed my point completely there. My question is: why does it make a difference for determining if a name is ok? John Miller is ok as a name, because it's a real name. You don't care if there's a band or something else with the same name. If Jefferson Airplane sounded realistic, it should not make a difference aswell in my opinion. Is the official opinion of the Committee a different one?

and where did I interpret the rules? I just cited them.

Not my problem if you dont understand the difference.

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Thx a lot for your input.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 am

You're welcome. These are just my thoughts about that issue. As I am not an acting member of the Nations Committee (anymore), I don't influence that decision anyway ;)

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

Makes it even more surprising you express yourself so fiercely on this topic without a reasonable argument...

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am

Les Bergzieges wrote:Makes it even more surprising you express yourself so fiercely on this topic without a reasonable argument...
It's because this case is so obvious that here is not much to discuss about, in my opinion. And then there was just my old NC sense tingeling. Hence I thought I make it clear. But as we see here, usually these kind of cases lead to the longest discussions.

Les Bergzieges

Post by Les Bergzieges » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 am

Ok. For me personally there are two things worth to discuss about or just have cleared out:

first, does the family name need to exist in real life, or can I still make up an own name if it sounds realistic. Of course, next question is to define what is realistic.

second, can I make up funny names (be it only for me funny), for example by mixing first and last names to create a name that is known for something else, like Jefferson Airplane. Or am I disrespecting the game by doing so?

This specific case is not that important to me, but I'd like to clear some things out in general, which I for some reason still did not fully understand obviously. If I need to take a real name and am not allowed to make anything funny with it, I want that to be distinctly told now, so I know for the future that this aspect of the game is gone. Then I won't bother anyone here anymore and can put this whole annoying topic aside for good.