Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

FSG Sattelpuper

Post by FSG Sattelpuper » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Because there are always very short-term inscription for the races and you can't adjust to the opponents. Here's a suggestion from me.

There should be two different times, one for the registration of the racing team (30 minutes before the start) and one for the registration of the drivers (20 minutes before the start).

Anyone who has registered as a team must then register the specified number of drivers. If he doesn't do that, he can't take part in the race. He doesn't have to pay a salary, but he's also not allowed to enter any other races on that day!

So everyone can see, if they are online, which teams are taking part in the race and you can then decide which riders you want to take with you. So there is the possibility of driving cheaply in a strong field or you decide to go for victory ot attack and you bring your best drivers for these tactic.

Basically, you can prevent the managers from being disappointed that their driver selection does not fit the field at all and the race may have become completely uninteresting for the manager. It would most favor the teams that have a larger roster of riders and cannot dominate a race on their own. But even small and beginner teams should be able to benefit from this regulation, since many races only need 7 or 8 drivers and the teams almost always consist of at least 9 drivers. For strong teams, the rule is slightly disadvantageous, as other teams can switch to other tactics and it could become more difficult to control the race.

And now, you can write your opinion!

team fl

Re: Inscription

Post by team fl » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:10 pm

I really don't know what the drivers' selection has much to do with the race. My team car driver is always the same, no matter the race or the opponents... So far, he rode safely and served the team well. Besides that, he's the only driver I have, so no other option there anyway... I am a bit jealous that you might have 8 or 9. During one race it seems!
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Quick

Post by Quick » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:18 pm

Good thread.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the old times.

My favorite suggestion always was: only show the number of inscribed teams but not more.
J-Czucz hype train

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:25 pm

Jokes aside, I am totally fine with the current system and don't need a change.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:31 pm

Well, this topic has been discussed a lot. I also don't find the topic here. The forum search is not what you would call "helpfull".

The best arguments against the change IMO are:

1) Don't punish guys that don't care for who is riding and want their final inscription be done on the day before. (Well could be avoided when you allow riders inscription at the first stage of your proposal and just allow a lineup change once the teams are fixed

2) Leave enough time for pre race settings. Therefore the peloton has to be fixed and shown on the screen. IMO not a real argument as you can make this as short as possible, phase 1 inscription until xx:25, time for changing lineup until xx:30 [or make it 30->35]

3) Some might argue that you shouldn't do your lineup based on your opponents. Well in general that is my opinion. That being said there is a borderline case were I also would like to be able to adapt my lineup when I see a specific team just to ensure myself at least some rest chances/fun for riding. But as this is then supposed to be a lex "insert team name", I am against changing something just for that.

The idea to tackle this was to show the number of inscribed riders of each team. So that you know who did make a full line-up. Noone thought that a manager is sec tricking inscribe his last rider, but we were wrong. So I see one possibility to stop this sec trick inscription by not making the cut at a fixed time, think it is xx:32:35 but to enlarge the cut, lets say it is somewhen between xx:30:00 and xx:32:35, you can still do changes in that time but risk to be not in the race. But is this worth the effort or technically possible? Don't know :lol:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:22 pm

The current system is perfectly fine in my opinion. When you register riders do it depending on the profile, not the other teams.