New Divisions System

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

cataracs

New Divisions System

Post by cataracs » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:53 pm

Is it too complicated to change the number of teams in the current divisions?

There's a lot of emptiness right now and going up from Div7 to 2 is like walking in a ghost town for 4 months.

So my suggestion is to have 15 teams in divisions 1-2-3-4, top 5 promoted/ last 5 relegated. Then the rest in div5 and new teams in div6, and inactive for a certain time go to div7. (or however that works)

The market then could be changed to 1-3 / 4+ or 1-4 / 5+

Gipfelstuermer

Re: New Divisions System

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm

You may say I'm a dreamer, but after roughly +100% active players during off-season, I'd say it's possible to reach a level where the division system fits to the number of active teams.

In the meantime, focus on everything that can be done to grow the game.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:28 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm
You may say I'm a dreamer, but after roughly +100% active players during off-season, I'd say it's possible to reach a level where the division system fits to the number of active teams.

In the meantime, focus on everything that can be done to grow the game.
I'm a dreamer too, but seriously, what's the point of having your slimmer divisional system? It's not like it's going to get you to the market any faster. Sure, those ghost teams in Divisions 3, 4, and 5 will eventually fade away, but who cares, really? They're not causing any major issues.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:46 pm

Taka wants to decrown Alkworld. And he would rather do it today than tomorrow! That's the spirit why he's allowed to use the r!
J-Czucz hype train

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:10 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:28 pm
what's the point of having your slimmer divisional system?
Having actual competition in the promotions, and making staying in the top division a challenge as it used to be.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:02 am

Quick wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:46 pm
Taka wants to decrown Alkworld. And he would rather do it today than tomorrow! That's the spirit why he's allowed to use the r!
That's happening anyway latest in April, March I can't promise yet. So we'll just deprioritize this and let it fade? :lol:
But seriously, on the lower end we may have too many divisions right now, but it's also lots of work to change that, work that can be spent elsewhere. So I'm also for organic growth and attracting more of the old players.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 am

Plus for the first time in centuries (don't forget that one month is one year) we have a pretty active D2. Not fully, but it's already more teams riding than "safe" places, meaning a few teams that did ride will be relegated.
D3+ still kind of a desert....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:31 am

Alkworld wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:02 am
Quick wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:46 pm
That's happening anyway latest in April, March I can't promise yet. So we'll just deprioritize this and let it fade? :lol:
But seriously, on the lower end we may have too many divisions right now, but it's also lots of work to change that, work that can be spent elsewhere. So I'm also for organic growth and attracting more of the old players.
If we really want to touch this topic, a dynamic Divisional system should be implemented, so that based on the number of active teams (rolling average over a year) the size of divisions/promotion/relegation places adjusts automatically.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points