Points needed to go up from Div 7

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Quick

Points needed to go up from Div 7

Post by Quick » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:52 am

Currently 1500 which seem very much to get in small but strong fields. Laugenspitze with 34 races and a good team only at 1300 atm.

How about halving them to make it faster for new teams to get access to the better youth market?
J-Czucz hype train

Laugenspitze

Re: Points needed to go up from Div 7

Post by Laugenspitze » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:41 am

That's true and a little bit frustrating. Especially when you see that this season probably nobody in Div. 6 will drive. Unless someone comes back. But I would also mention Sattelpuper and Plipuze. They are surely here to stay!
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <

Quick

Post by Quick » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:29 am

Ah yes, that's the next problem. Thanks for mentioning it. You should probably climb directly in Div 5 after getting enough points. No reason to even have Div 6 atm.
J-Czucz hype train

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 am

The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? You wouldn't believe how many teams in Div1-5 complain about the transfer market there and claim that Div 6-7 has much better riders and that they are much cheaper there...

Anyway, I have some sympathy for your situation and in general it is great to have new suggestions for the game, so I explain what I think about changes to the game dynamics and rules.

1.) The game is not yet functioning 100%. Priority is to make it function first, then work on improvements. We might make some improvements along the way (when it's convenient and efficient to implement). But at the moment, where we have so many things on the To -Do-List, such changes would just distract us a bit from our main task.
2.) Main task is to improve the new React version. Because we focus on this, changes to other scripts in the game are a bit more complicated. Always need to read into it, do some research, etc. So some changes, which seem easy without knowing the old code, appear to be very complicated as soon as you see the code.
3.) The game is a great game. In terms of game balance, Buhmann was a genius (tax system, auction system, etc.). The game is much better balanced than 99% of the browser games I know. Of course not everything is perfectly balanced, but if we make changes, we need to be absolutely certain about it. Not because we want to protect old players, but to protect the excellent game dynamics from ill-conceived changes.

Anyway, we can start a long Rules-to-be-thought-about-List in addition to our actual To-Do-List. I mean, this whole Technic-Forum is a long list of suggestions. Some better than others of course. So we can continue the discussion of course, even if it is unlikely that we can implement changes quickly: Why is 1500 too much? How much is not too much? What should be the new rule? etc. Then, if there is a consensus, we can possibly change that when we have time for it and it becomes a priority in the future.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 pm

It`s not about,
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 am
The grass is always greener on the other side ... or ...and it becomes a priority in the future.
it`s more:
Quick wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:52 am
Currently 1500 which seem very much...
And me, I wasn`t talking about Div. 1-5.
Me I am talking about Div. 6.
And what about People coming back, already in Div.6 or 5 or ...?
But whatever... what am I talking about...
> Formerly known as ogopogo-racing < > ... doesn`t matter <