Suggestions on the new version of RSF

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

bergwerk cycling

Re: Suggestions on the new version of RSF

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:10 am

Mangahn wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 am
Auch denkbar wäre ein Minibild. Entweder symbolisch für Flach, Mittel, Berg oder eine tatsächliche Kopie der Silhouette.
much better than only flat/hill/TT ...

and the next question: In the sprint modus isnt it better to see the sprintskills (not the numbers) ... or both?
thought until today its only my problem ... but the next "Rückkehrer" expected the same like me

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:14 am

Is it possible to color code the promotion area and relegation area in the divisions standings? So you know (especially as a new team) to which places you should orientate yourself instead of only looking in the depths of the instructions (and not being able to make any sense out of them).

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:25 am

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:14 am
Is it possible to color code the promotion area and relegation area in the divisions standings? So you know (especially as a new team) to which places you should orientate yourself instead of only looking in the depths of the instructions (and not being able to make any sense out of them).
very good idea ... and perhaps think in this context, to make the divisions smaller ... so less teams, to big divisions? 20/25/30 ... ???
we have actual only ca. 80 Teams playing ... 30 in the first div.

(sorry for the much suggestions/request ... but how longer i played so much more is missing ... = i know you do your best!)

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:16 am

it is possible to show a review of a sprint?

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:16 am
it is possible to show a review of a sprint?
not yet, but it is planned to implement that (as it was part of the Flash Version as well)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:10 am

and next question ... is it tecnical possible not to start races under 4 or 5 teams?

I see so often races with 2 or 3 teams ... make that really sense???

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:54 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:10 am
and next question ... is it tecnical possible not to start races under 4 or 5 teams?

As far as I can remember, there were some restrictions of team number earlier in flash, but was not active when I rejoined the game, so it seems right now it is wanted to have those races (also a lot of 1 team races around for the last 1,5 years)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:04 pm

There never was any restriction.

Lots of talk about it, but hell, if everybody leaves and we are 2 left in a race, why should we not race that if we want? Who are those that leave the game or ride a tour that drains players from 1 day races to tell the rest that they can't play a race because there's not enough managers in that race?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Casablanca ProTeam

Post by Casablanca ProTeam » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:13 pm

I have 2 suggestion for the lower divisions

Transfer Market
Needs a lot of improvement the difference between the riders proposed in it and the one for the upper divisions is big.

As you can see, there is no decent classics

No decent Climbers

No decent sprinters

Good flatriders even better than the ones in upper divisions

As you can see The youth market is very weak, I've been observing it for 20 days now nothing better showed up, this is a serious situation because newcomers, even after understanding the game are not able to buy decent young riders to build their teams, and starting with this level of riders will be disadvantageous for them in the long term as they will always have weaker riders, and everyone deserve to same chances to enjoy the game, and the same goes for comeback teams too.

The normal market unfortunately is weaker than the one in the upper divisions too, because there is no one who sell riders here.

Selling penalty
The selling penalty should be removed in the lower divisions, new teams will make mistake in creating their teams, reset is an option but only if all the riders are bad, if they end up with some good riders they want to keep, doing a reset is not an option anymore, and if they sell their riders with a 50% penalty + the standard 10% taxes they will be losing too much.
If they do well and get good leaders, win money in races, why not reduce the penalty in order for them to keep their leaders and sell the helpers to replace them by good 20yo riders in the last days of the month.

Removing the penalty might lead to teams exploiting it, for example selling a leader each race and buying another one more suitable for tomorrow's race, we can prevent that by putting a limit to the number of riders you can sell every month to 4, that way they will only sell riders to get good youth one.

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 am

The weaker riders are on purpose: In earlier times it was pretty common that a Multi would create a team, buy top youth riders, not use the team for 4 months and then return and dominate.

It's really good that this isn't possible anymore.

Edit:The two 54-72-7x with 60+ sprint are super strong(and cheap) though. Looks like the market should be weaker. :P
J-Czucz hype train

Casablanca ProTeam

Post by Casablanca ProTeam » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 am

Quick wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 am
The weaker riders are on purpose: In earlier times it was pretty common that a Multi would create a team, buy top youth riders, not use the team for 4 months and then return and dominate.

It's really good that this isn't possible anymore.
The problem is him being a multi
Quick wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 am
Edit:The two 54-72-7x with 60+ sprint are super strong(and cheap) though. Looks like the market should be weaker. :P
Super strong while there is 56-74 in upper divisions ?
Plus they are 21yo and missing 3 training's
Last edited by Casablanca ProTeam on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:02 am

Hello,

thanks for sharing your perspective as a comeback team, Casablanca.

The main purpose of this thread is to collect suggestions on the new version, e.g. user interface, user experience, missing features etc.

So to discuss the transfer market, we can open a new thread, but I think there is a consensus not to change the transfer market right now (before everything is fully implemented in React). As a quick reaction, I'd probably say that there are many decent riders in your screenshot, many of them better than what I can find on the Div1-5 market, where it's also much harder to buy top riders because of the auction system. There are always complaints for Div1-5 teams about the bad quality of the market, too. So if anything, probably the Div1-5 market has to improve. But like in reality, not every team can have a Pogacar-like talent.

But the point on the Selling Penalty is a very good one. It might even be a bug. It was mentioned before, but we were never 100% sure how the rule was in the past, so didn't change anything. As there seems to be a majority for this, I think we can entirely remove the selling penalty for lower divisions, or at least lower the time period from 50 days to 30 or 20 or something like that.

Having said that, I am convinced that the 5M additional start budget and the suspension of the license have already contributed to improving chances for new/comeback team massively (in addition to the existing progressive sales tax scale for rich teams). That's how I interpret the rise in active players over recent weeks.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:31 am

Well, licence is for all right now, no? So that's less for new teams, more for everybody.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:31 am
Well, licence is for all right now, no? So that's less for new teams, more for everybody.
I still payed for the license without needing one, so not needing one and not paying is a benefit
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:47 pm

So that means paying is possible again? Or you payed before?

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:15 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:47 pm
So that means paying is possible again? Or you payed before?
I payed before and my license days count backwards since then
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

bergwerk cycling

National Championchips + WM

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:27 am

I don't know how much time it cost ... and i know its not very important.
But its christmas soon and i have a wish .-)

Could you perhaps bring back the national championchips? I know, we are not so many managers, perhaps take only the best 40 Nations for it.
And the wm of course too (with the best 40 nations)
I always remember a nice change in the normal races and the winter will be long and there are no real races anyway.

The Flagcollection behind the riders was so nice in the past ... perhaps one day? #ganzliebguck#

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:19 pm

My idea is to be ready when the real events come again:
- June for NCs
- September for world championships
If we're ready earlier, we can start the events again earlier.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:42 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:10 am

and i ask again as i see the race at 14 o'clock Anden???!!!???

bergwerk(16:33): not only blabla ... its an extraordinäre advantage (that normaly doesnt have to exist) ... chancel races under for ex. 3-4 Teams and something like this doesnt exist .... and if youre are with your normal registration with mountain and classicriders ... think you dont want really ride here ... but ok, its an allowed bug ... so you want it you get it
RideforMoney(15:59): Next time blame guys who left..
RideforMoney(15:59): Blabla, nur blabla
Schnuggeritos(14:24): Finde Eintagesrennen können ruhig ab zwei stattfinden. Bei ner Tour sollten es mehr sein, kann das aber persönlich nicht abschätzen wie viele es sein sollten.
bergwerk(13:07): und dann noch mit einem Billigteam .. schon provokant^^
bergwerk(13:07): technisch
bergwerk(13:07): und Titel usw. ... bin dafür Rennen unter 3 oder 4 Teams direkt zu canceln wenn es geht
Schnuggeritos(13:06): 42,3 je Rennen natürlich
Schnuggeritos(13:05): 42,3k nur durch die Zielankunft + 322,4k für das Endergebnis + Trikots und Zwischenwertungen kommen hinzu.
bergwerk(08:06): wird der hier Mehrfachmillionär?

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm pretty sure he would earn more if he rode something like Mexico. He is only getting around 60k per stage I guess.

It's weirdly not even about the money. I don't know what he wants to prove here.

To add something on topic: I think as long as any teams want to ride, they should be allowed.
J-Czucz hype train

Bear

Post by Bear » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:56 pm

RFM probably has tons of money... so I dont care about it... even if he earns more millions. If it's fun to race with one team for rfm, go ahead. I just would like to have the option to abandon from a tour if I am alone in a stage race. That's the only thing I ask for. Hopefully this is never needed...

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:32 pm

Bear wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:56 pm
I just would like to have the option to abandon from a tour if I am alone in a stage race.
If that happens, it should normally be possible to get you out of the stage race. You just need Alk, me or someone else with database access online.

For the future, maybe we can make it minimum 2 teams in a stage race.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:28 am

bergwerk cycling wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:42 pm

and i ask again as i see the race at 14 o'clock Anden???!!!???
Bergwerk.... You're like the guy at the family dinner table who instead of enjoying what he has on his plate, looks at everybody else's. This guy has one more fried potato, I counted! This guy got a better piece of the chicken!!! And somebody else got my favourite glass!! The one with Donkeys on it is mine!!!!
Look at and enjoy your own plate instead of obsessing about other plates.

As for your plan to forbid teams to ride when not enough others ride... how about we cancel ALL races that day? And ban those that didn't inscribe for the race in question for 2 days? Oh, now people coming for your plate!

Schnuggeritos

Post by Schnuggeritos » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:22 am

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:28 am

Bergwerk.... You're like the guy at the family dinner table who instead of enjoying what he has on his plate, looks at everybody else's.
The metaphor is good, but I think bw's case is more of a "this morning person X had more of Y though"

But what is rather the point: who likes to go out to eat alone, when you have, for the same cost, the possibility to do this with friends and family?

It is always mentioned how realistic the game is supposed to be. Why do we then accept exactly such an unrealistic thing?
Yes, if the races are offered at these times, it should also be tried to let all take place, because not every Manager can participate at any time. But a race only makes sense if there is competition. Otherwise I can soon also say I would have driven a race, although I was only shopping with the bike.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:05 am

if noone else means its idiotic than let it roll ... and i wait for my (idiotic) big nice plate some day :-)
(that i dont want to eat)

but then all the nice statistics to compare victories are also absurd. But its only my opinion ... so let it go on.